Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland (586 Views)

Unofficial Edo Election Result Released / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. / The Many Unofficial Faces Of Mr President (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by aprokomania(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nairaland is an online forum started by a geek called Seun some ten years back. Over the years, it has metamorphosed into the leading g source of news and entertainment online. if you are new here however, there are some things you must note in order. not to be confused. I present a few of them below.
1- nairalanders have a special love for being first to comment on posts. it is an occasion we cherish more than birthdays, marriages, child naming ceremonies and any other celebration known to man. for us here, being FTC is an occasion to flex our oratory. we usually thank every god and deity as well as village ancestors who made it a reality. if you don't believe me ask LadyF, a notorious nairaland addict and lover of FTC.

2 perhaps if there is anything we love more than being first to comment, it is being on front-page. you get that amazing feeling when that backyard post you spent weeks working on finally makes it to the front-page and is read by millions of members. though we don't get paid or anything really, but it's so sweet to hit that front-page and enjoy the spotlight for a day. and if you need inspiration on how to hit front page, read the next point.

3 it is time tested, proven and eternally sure that the best way to be put on the front page is to mention any of the two magic words-Tonto-Dike and snake. to get better results, mention lalasticlala after your post. Don't ask me why, just do it. infact, you can write on anything so long you use the magic words. don't forget to thank your village gods when you hit front-page and of course thank me later.

4- if you are faint hearted stay away from the politics section. people there are broadly divided into two, zombies and wailers. You will identify them whenever any post comes up and there is an altercation. perhaps, you will also know if you are a zombie or a wailer. I won't talk too much on this to avoid getting banned.

5 whatever it is you do, do not on any account offend the moderators. They are those silent people that calmly watch every thread and decide who gets banned and who gets to front page. offending any of them can result in years of being on nairaland without hitting front-page. if you like, call wole Soyinka to write the article for you, you are on your own. you can offend Seun sha, he's a nice guy, he doesn't hold a grudge, bit not the moderators, they are not so pious.
so, I hope I have been able to help a newbie here. if you fell there are other rules I haven't covered here, please write them below and let's talk. here's to your happy stay on nairaland with a great number of front-page hits.
cheers.
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by aprokomania(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
just in case
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by totowater(f): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
cool
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by petkoffdrake2(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
Summarize pls...
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by Sirchucks(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
aprokomania:
just in case
Charge no 1, u r guity. Charge no 2, u r guity. wait 4 ur judgement. wink

1 Like

Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by aprokomania(m): 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sirchucks:
Charge no 1, u r guity. Charge no 2, u r guity. wait 4 ur judgement. wink
lolz... ikr
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by mackhunter77: 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
I R new and was sell aware of these....its fun and I've greatly benefitted from observing these obeisances grin .....however, Lalasticlala is yet to increase my bank balance :-/
Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by ElDaIllest(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
grin

Re: Unofficial Rules Of Nairaland by ladyF(f): 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
1- nairalanders have a special love for being first to comment on posts. it is an occasion we cherish more than birthdays, marriages, child naming ceremonies and any other celebration known to man. for us here, being FTC is an occasion to flex our oratory. we usually thank every god and deity as well as village ancestors who made it a reality. if you don't believe me ask LadyF, a notorious nairaland addict and lover of FTC
this is funny sha grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

10 Topics That Are Likely To Make Front Page On Nairaland. / See How A Nairalander Wish Orlando Terrorist Victims R.I.P (photo) / Gateway To Hell’ Volcano Set To Explode On Britain's Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.