Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® (670 Views)

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
CHAPTER ONE [THE MORNING RUSH] Story begins…. It was a very bright and beautiful morning with the birds chirping and the mist filled the atmosphere. Wow! Finally its today I exclaimed and jumped out of my bed, I didn’t straighten up my muscles and joints as I did on regular basis. Yes! Its almost time, I quickly removed my pajamas and rushed into the bedroom to freshen up, while bathing under the cool and revitalizing sprinkles of water from the shower, a swift thought came to me that I had got no new clothes to put on for the upcoming valedictory service (VS) which I suppose was today. I began fantasizing if today was actually the D-day, immediately the overwhelming feeling that woke me was suspended. I wasn’t sure again if today was actually the day. Again I remembered that dad had promised to take me for shopping a day to my valedictory service. Which hadn’t happened yet, that means today is the assigned day for the shopping and my valedictory service would be tomorrow I concluded. After bathing, I entered my room and confirmed the days date. lo it was a Thursday the 12th of July, 2014 my valedictory service was scheduled for the 18th.. I wore my boxers and headed straight to my parent’s room, knocked on their door then stepped in after I got the approval. I exchanged pleasantries with them. Noble; Dad, are you aware of today’s date? Dad; what’s with the date? Me: It’s the 17th. Mom: so, what’s happening today? Me: (smiles) its today you promised to take me out for shopping against my valedictory service which will be coming up by tomorrow been the 18th. Dad: (Giggles) ooh! I see, that’s why you wear the smiled of one who has just killed an elephant. Mom: (chuckles) you are a funny man, his happy that he’ll soon be tagged as a secondary school leaver, that’s why he woke up very early this morning. On regular basis Am the one who wakes him up which he often begs for some extra minutes to round up his sleep. Me: (retorted) mom, that’s not true o, I have changed a great deal. Dad: ok let’s watch out from this day hence forth. It’s still for your own good because when you eventually enter into the university my wife wouldn’t be there to wake you up. Mom that’s right noble, better try to change from the look in you eyes am sure you had a sleepless night waiting anxiously for dawn. ME: nope, Mom Am not of the likes of Lillian. Mom: (cuts in) really? Ok tell me who was in the bathroom very early this morning? _____I looked at my mom then my dad up, down, left and right _____ ME: maybe its some ghost or so **All burst into laughter** Dad: There are no ghosts in my house. ____ just then Lillian Steps into the room without knocking, she was fond of it and whenever she’s queried for it the reply she gives is “this is my fathers house I have every right to enter anywhere, anytime whosoever needs privacy should shut the door before him/her. Indeed she was right___ *** she greeted walked towards my mom parted her hands and sat on her laps*** Lillian: dad where is the party taking place? Mom: (retorted) Lillian, we are talking about noble’s valedictory service celebration which is coming up tomorrow will you like to attend? Lillian: [boastingly rubs her arms like someone getting ready for boxing] for sure! As a point of fact if I don’t attend then no one steps an inch out of this house. ** we all smiled at her confident demeanor. As if, if left alone she can knock us all in just a single jab** ___Lillian was a small girl,12 years but had the mouth of a 20year old, because of the way she talks and also very smart and intelligent___ ME: please o, no one is going to leave your behind before you box someone. Lillian: oh noble, (laughs and points at me) that’s why you woke up extremely early today, you love parties too much!! right mom? Mom: yes dear. By this hour it was already few minutes past seven when my dad dismissed the discussion and assigned me to clean the car after which I should get prepared for the shopping alongside Lillian. Mom instructed Lillian to do the dishes, while she prepares breakfast. **The event that occurred on my V.S left me in a state of total confusion because secrets have ever wanted but never new about were reveled making my long awaited inciting and expectant V.S not to end so well for me** Continue reading………
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
i have read lots of amazing stories on nairaland. just thought of sharing a bit of my writings..
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
CHAPTER TWO (2) (PREPARATION) Very soon we were all gathered at the dining for breakfast, it was yet another delicious meal by my mom. I was the first to finish my meal because I ate in a hurry, as I thanked my parents for the meal and was about leaving the dinning area. Dad: noble, Do not be too hasty in life probably after your valedictory service you wouldn’t get to meet some of your mates ever again. you should know that your V.S means so many things not just you becoming a secondary school gradate. It also implies good bye to some of your friends and fun moments.(I nodded in agreement) wait for me in the parlor, you are to return home with your sister after the shopping because I’ll go to a meeting from there…. ME: ok. **In no time we soon left.. The shopping went well and it was fun too. After the event I took lillian home but dropped at Sandra’s house which was 3 streets away before my street while Lillian went home alone. Sandra was my very close friend we both attended the same primary /secondary school and even when I changed school we did it together. She was more or less like a sister to me but we were not siblings, her dad and mine were good friend also, as such we had a good inter family relationship. She did visited me and I visited her regularly also I felt very comfortable around her and she’s also friendly and welcoming. I use to feel like I loved her but this feeling was quite shaky, I felt maybe it’s because we have been friends for a long time even though I have said it to her that I loved her on rare occasions when we played together, she only smiles without saying a word about it sooner or later. What I felt was not certain because she was close I never wanted to hurt her by telling her I loved her sincerely when was not get clarified in my heart. We were in the same class and would both be gradating the next day. Having reached her house I knocked and was let in by her mom, I was trusted and tested so her mom allows me into Sandra’s room were we often stayed whenever I visited. I entered her room by exactly 3.30pm and found her sleeping. She had very short skirt on [dismissed negative thoughts] then woke her up. We discussed at length for hours about our upcoming valedictory service. I showed her the new outfit I had just got which she complemented a great deal. She showed me hers, so we planned against the occasion, it was fun as we laughed at extremely high pitch which attracted her room twice into the room and when she inquired the cause of our laughter she ends up laughing also. After much gossip, gist and tease Sandra brought out the speech she had written to present tomorrow at the occasion since she was the female senior prefect. I corrected some errors and added to it, I noticed Sandra wasn’t even looking at what I was doing, she tickled me from behind and I responded positively. We began playing but this time around it was different from other occasions because of the skimpy top and skirt she had on I felt most part of her body. it was more or less like a romance. Seriously Sandra had the kind of tender body that would make any dude go crazy especially her burst and behind. It was delightful. We stopped when we heard footsteps approach us, it was Sandra’s mom, She came to tell Sandra to take some dirty clothes to the dry cleaner. I completed my work on her speech and soon got ready to return to my house so that she could run the errand her mom had sent her. she accompanied me to the junction were we departed ways, but before we went our different ways Sandra whispered into my ear that she had a surprise for me tomorrow. As I walked home I wondered endlessly what her surprise would be and the way we played earlier. It was no ordinary boy-girl play. After I got home I completed my speech washed and ironed some clothes then sat in my room, thought of the things I was going to do tomorrow and the things I would say to some friends like Grace. I decided I was going to tell grace about my feelings towards her. Grace was Sandra’s close friend, she was a bit prettier then Sandra light skinned and assy lol And stuffs like that while Sandra was busty, dark skinned, average heighted and intelligent. I loved all of these characteristics of grace and was going to confess my love to her in secret. Once again day broke and I woke up in a hurry like the previous day dressed up then rehearsed my speech. Soon Lillian my parents and I left for the occasion. The V.S started off with the march past of the gradating students into the party hall followed by the opening prayer, chairman’s opening remark, Proprietor’s speech, Head of department speech, Prefects speech then refreshment, Drama by junior students and more. Cheers and joy and laughter rammed the atmosphere with the audience, successors and well wishers disposing their greeting and congratulatory remarks. Althrough, I gazed at grace waiting for the slightest chance for Sandra to leave her side so that I could air my feelings to her since I might not have the chance again. Towards the end of the occasion I walked up to grace and whispered something to her after which I felt the hall headed straight to the male toilet. While I was in the male toilet waiting for Grace to show up Rita stepped in and walked seductively towards me smiling. Then she aired that she had always had her eyes on me…
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
CHAPTER THREE [THE CONFUSION] I was lost in thoughts having heard the statement. Rita wasn’t bad, she was a cool babe with all the curves a guy would ever want in a girl. Rita: I love you (she whispered) I have always loved you but that girl friend of yours won’t allow me any chance to get hold of you ME: and who is this my girlfriend? Rita: Ah c’mmon don’t pretend like you don’t know, am refering to Sandra of course ME: she’s not my girlfriend. Just that we have been friends since little so we are sought of fond of each other. Rita: really? I mean you guys are not siblings don’t tell me that you are not into a relationship with her…. ME: yeah am not. Rita: hmm, ok prove it [draws her face closer and we locked lips together… she directed my hands to her behind [kissing continued] ME; [just then I noticed grace was standing at the door step] Rita! Oh goodness!! Wait!!! **I said and gently moved her aside and walked towards grace. Of course I was the one who had told her earlier to meet me in the male toilet that I wanted to unveil a secret to her. Many thoughts ran through my mind holy Moses!! I exclaimed as I increased my pace towards her, this was obviously not what I planned, not this kind of scene. She was not suppose to meet me doing that, I didn’t know whether to blame my self or Rita, confusion struck me. I was short of words. Grace stopped and leaned on a wall there I caught up with her **crossed my hands between her sides to let it touch the wall** for like two minutes no one altered a word. Double confusion I looked into her eyes and hers into mine, grace had a very innocent face I wondered if she loved me because she appeared very depressed. **Meanwhile, Rita, still in the toilet dressed properly and later caught up with us** ME: (clears throat) Umm…… Gr…. Grace: shut it! ME: please let me explain.. **I told her how it happened that I could not just have invited her to see such a bizarre scene, Grace was also very intelligent like Sandra so she reasoned with me** Grace: ok…. So why did you invite me here? __I took my lips close to her ear for a whisper__ Grace: ok what’s it am all ears. ME: [whispered] I love you Grace. Grace: [stutters] umm…umm…but…but.. ME: yes, I love you very much. Grace: but you have Sandra already? ME: Sandra is just a friend. Grace: just! You call it just? ME: yeah. Grace: why haven’t you told me this since? ME: perhaps I was shy but now I have summoned every jot of manly courage in me totell you. Grace: [intercepted] noble, this is not right you are hurting Sandra. How would she feel? **This statement was the bomb it hit me hard, left me thinking for some seconds** Grace: hmm? What about her, or are you trying to be player, messing around gal’s feeling. Look what you did with Rita. ME: Grace! Please let Sandra or Rita out of this ok? She’s just a friend I don’t love her like I love you. [concurrently Rita shouted my name from afar] Grace: you have two pretty chicks already. Why do u still want me? hmm?? Why? ME: [Increased vocal uttering] its because I Love You Grace. [I then kissed her on her lips immediately loud sound slap landed on my cheek] **Gosh! Have never received such before not even from my parents let alone from a girl the worst part of it, a girl I just confessed my love too when some are even after me. I saw stars that day** Rita: [already close to where grace and I stood] Hey! Noble look Who’s here. ** The slap form Grace took me aback, I turned in accordance with Rita’s voice and saw Sandra standing right beside her. she had been there for like a minute probably the time Rita shouted my name from afar. So she saw and heard everything. Immediately I stared at her in shame bowed my head looking at ground when I saw something like and envelope with my name written on it drop from Sandra’s shaking hands……
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
CHAPTER THREE [THE CONFUSION] I was lost in thoughts having heard the statement. Rita wasn’t bad, she was a cool babe with all the curves a guy would ever want in a girl. Rita: I love you (she whispered) I have always loved you but that girl friend of yours won’t allow me any chance to get hold of you ME: and who is this my girlfriend? Rita: Ah c’mmon don’t pretend like you don’t know, am refering to Sandra of course ME: she’s not my girlfriend. Just that we have been friends since little so we are sought of fond of each other. Rita: really? I mean you guys are not siblings don’t tell me that you are not into a relationship with her…. ME: yeah am not. Rita: hmm, ok prove it [draws her face closer and we locked lips together… she directed my hands to her behind [kissing continued] ME; [just then I noticed grace was standing at the door step] Rita! Oh goodness!! Wait!!! **I said and gently moved her aside and walked towards grace. Of course I was the one who had told her earlier to meet me in the male toilet that I wanted to unveil a secret to her. Many thoughts ran through my mind holy Moses!! I exclaimed as I increased my pace towards her, this was obviously not what I planned, not this kind of scene. She was not suppose to meet me doing that, I didn’t know whether to blame my self or Rita, confusion struck me. I was short of words. Grace stopped and leaned on a wall there I caught up with her **crossed my hands between her sides to let it touch the wall** for like two minutes no one altered a word. Double confusion I looked into her eyes and hers into mine, grace had a very innocent face I wondered if she loved me because she appeared very depressed. **Meanwhile, Rita, still in the toilet dressed properly and later caught up with us** ME: (clears throat) Umm…… Gr…. Grace: shut it! ME: please let me explain.. **I told her how it happened that I could not just have invited her to see such a bizarre scene, Grace was also very intelligent like Sandra so she reasoned with me** Grace: ok…. So why did you invite me here? __I took my lips close to her ear for a whisper__ Grace: ok what’s it am all ears. ME: [whispered] I love you Grace. Grace: [stutters] umm…umm…but…but.. ME: yes, I love you very much. Grace: but you have Sandra already? ME: Sandra is just a friend. Grace: just! You call it just? ME: yeah. Grace: why haven’t you told me this since? ME: perhaps I was shy but now I have summoned every jot of manly courage in me totell you. Grace: [intercepted] noble, this is not right you are hurting Sandra. How would she feel? **This statement was the bomb it hit me hard, left me thinking for some seconds** Grace: hmm? What about her, or are you trying to be player, messing around gal’s feeling. Look what you did with Rita. ME: Grace! Please let Sandra or Rita out of this ok? She’s just a friend I don’t love her like I love you. [concurrently Rita shouted my name from afar] Grace: you have two pretty chicks already. Why do u still want me? hmm?? Why? ME: [Increased vocal uttering] its because I Love You Grace. [I then kissed her on her lips immediately loud sound slap landed on my cheek] **Gosh! Have never received such before not even from my parents let alone from a girl the worst part of it, a girl I just confessed my love too when some are even after me. I saw stars that day** Rita: [already close to where grace and I stood] Hey! Noble look Who’s here. ** The slap form Grace took me aback, I turned in accordance with Rita’s voice and saw Sandra standing right beside her. she had been there for like a minute probably the time Rita shouted my name from afar. So she saw and heard everything. Immediately I stared at her in shame bowed my head looking at ground when I saw something like and envelope with my name written on it drop from Sandra’s shaking hands……
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Phillips I admire your efforts at this story. It's not easy. But you rushing it. Be cool for you have what it takes
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
CHAPTER FOUR [DEEPER THOUGHTS] Sandra immediately picked up the envelope starred at me with disgust and with tears in her eyes though it wasn’t too obvious, she wiped her eyes after picking up to the envelope, squeezed it gently nodded negatively and left the scene_ grace immediately followed her trying to explain when I heard Sandra’s vocals in the manner I have never heard before “ never! Never!! You talk to me again!! You have got want you want after I told you about my intension towards noble today yet you ruined it, its very kind of you”. it was not the voice of the Sandra I use to know the angelic tone was far fetched, that was the first time I notice the melody in Sandra’s voice. This time it was wavering and it brought me great depression because I had hurt my bosom friend. I located the nearest chair around and sat on it quietly with my two hands I rubbed my head. Rita: (tries to touch me) its ok, thought you didn’t love her ME: please, just go away let me be…. **I thought broadly and divers my thoughts were not easy going, the events that had occurred in a jiffy kept on flashing symmetrically in my head, the root of my thoughts was that I had hurt my friend. This was what I tried to avoid by not confessing my love to Sandra. But it seems I had even done worse by not telling her at all. Even if I wasn’t quite convinced I loved her it sure would have helped a great deal. It dawned on me that I was badly in need of her love, it became a necessity. I envisage on the envelope had seen and its content, Grace’s reaction, Rita’s action and Sandra’ feelings. Was I dreaming? All my expectations had been shattered in jiff by my own actions. While lost in thought someone tapped my shoulder and inquired about the problem. Kelly: noble what‘s up with you? I have called your name twice but didn’t hear nor respond. **I shook immediately raised my head to look at him, _Kelly wore that kind of face that deciphers dude what’s wrong with you did you make any Encounter with a ghost? ME: hmm, it’s nothing bro, just that am not feeling too good, am having a serious headache now. Kelly: shame, it’s almost time for the presentation of awards to the outstanding students, Sandra came to me and inquired about your where about, I directed her towards this side. Am sure she headed here immediately, did she not inform you? ME: (forced out a smile) oh, yes she did! Kelly: noble, something’s fishy, I can sense it you can always talk to me remember… ME: yeah I know, but it’s nothing serious. Let’s get moving before they start. [we both stood up and made to leave] Kelly: noble, I know something is wrong, on my way here I saw Grace trying to explain something to Sandra, she was Lackadaisical about grace’s intended sayings, those two are never like that you know, I mean its strange none of them gave a word it was even Rita that directed me here…. ME: Kelly, it’s nothing lets go okay…. soon the presentation started I earned five awards including the best academic student of the year, Sandra earned four awards including most well behaved, Grace earned three including most well organized student, Kelly earned three including best science student, Samuel earned two , George two, smith one and mitchel two. The V.S soon came to an end, we took group, personal, tag and general photos. I snapped with Sandra but the picture wasn’t good enough because she wore a depressed look… Lest I forget, the most important part of the V.S the dance! Dance!! Dance Section, normally after the party students dance with one another. I was suppose to partake in this since it was really fun instead I sat silently and watched at the pair [Sandra and Grace] still not in good terms. Kelly however joined me after much dancing and profuse sweating. Kelly: dude, won’t you dance this is the last time we’ll be doing this you know ME: I know. But I don’t feel like… KELLY: what are you looking at? ME: them (points at the pair)… Kelly: you want to dance with her? ME: no, I caused their misunderstanding. Kelly: ok, I knew it, so that’s why you have been so depressed. ok, tell me about it…. What’s up? What happened? NO COMMUNICATION Soon the dance! Dance!! Dance!!! Came to an end, from my observation Sandra didn’t hear Grace out before she went home and Grace also didn’t say a word to me before she left also. Kelly whom I told half story before his dad came to pick him up promise to come to my house on Sunday for the complete gist… after which I also left with my mom and lilian. Few minutes into our journey mom and Lilian discuss tirelessly about the party. I participated very little in their talk as I only answered when a question was directed at me….. Lillian: Noble what’s wrong! You look dull? Me: it’s nothing Lillian. Am having a serious headache and am exhausted. Mom: finally your day has come to an end now you can sleep with your eyes closed. On reaching home after keeping the important documents I received from school. I changed into my house outfit arranged my room properly because of the morning rush. I laid down on my bed and continued thinking. Soon I dialed grace’s number like 5 times and got no reply Sandra’s number like 10 times no reply as well. could it mean that I have lost them both That was how I slept off till the next day….. On this new day which was a Saturday nothing that happened seemed to interest me. At morning I still tried them both numbers still none responded the thought of loosing grace didn’t bother me because I only wanted to ask for forgiveness for kissing her without her consent and now becoming a problem in her friendship with Sandra … The way I thought of Sandra this time was no more like the long term friends and friends alone, The thought that mislead me, This time the feelings that I truly loved her began to prevail …. No wonder a Nigerian adage says [if you haven’t had the experience of a particular event you won’t know the grieve it bears]. The thought of loosing her company, her talks, smiles, stories, gossip and, all didn’t seem easy at all. During the afternoon hours I wanted to go to Sandra’s house but I moved half way and decided to go back. Because I wasn’t sure of the right words to use. I stayed at home and indoors all day. A very boring day it was, later at night I called Kelly if he was still going to be at my place the following day which was the Sunday he proposed..
Re: THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 3:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
A GENIUS!!! KELLY’S PLAN [Tuesday morning] day broke once again it was yet another lovely Tuesday dad had gone to work and mom went with Sandra’s mom to the saloon… I stayed at home with my sister and By 11am I got a call from Kelly asking me to come to Sandra’s house quickly, in no time I got dressed bribed Lilian with money for ice cream because I didn’t want her to follow me ……… I dashed out…………… I was in so much of a haste that everything seemed slow, at that point in time I can say that I could probably trek faster than the faulty cab I boarded. On reaching there I didn’t see Kelly around like he stipulated on phone. I prayed silently that it wasn’t one of his troublesome pranks. I walked at a slow pace towards the entrance made the sign of the cross rubbed by palms exuberantly then knocked on the door. Kelly opened the door concurrently he made a jumpy sound at me, I dressed aback smiled then stepped into the house however, the smile on my face didn’t last it wearied off the moment I espied Sandra on the couch. At first she smiled then frowned, I couldn’t envision what Kelly must have told her or how long they have discussed. ME: hi Sandra, **[she stared at me) that kind of look that deciphers dude you have limited time here just say what you have to say or leave** ME: wouldn’t you at least let me in? Kelly: noble come inside! Stop acting like an alien here….** I entered and made to sit beside Kelly when he tugged my arms and directed me where to sit. What! Close to Sandra are you kidding me? **[ I pointed at the direction and muttered] Kelly: yes bro! Sit down there. erm, Sandra please why not offer him a sit or at least say something just to ease some tension here, we have come to settle things for good…….. Sandra: ok, sit down. ME: (points at where Kelly suggested) there? Sandra: anywhere you like …… **I sat down staring at Sandra and Kelly short of words, wanted to speak but couldn’t utter any jot of audible vocalism** Kelly: ok noble your turn, carry on with all what you told me on Sunday, the time has come to showcase it. ME: (stuttering ) ermm.san, ermm, Sandra (clears throat) **have longed to regain Sandra’s friendship now is the time to prove it, how do I go about it? an impromptu speech is not easy at all** ME: hi Sandra, Sandra: hello noble (looks away.) ME: why not look at me. Sandra: (silent). ME: just look at me and you will get all the answers you want……look at my face and see that what I feel for you is real…… all what I did then I regret it all ,please……… Sandra: [(takes a quick glance) **that kind of look that deciphers ops have looked unfortunately I do not see sincerity like you have said) ME: please Sandra I love you. Its you I truly want…… this few days without you I didn’t know what has become of me please……… ** as I said this I advanced towards her squatted in front of her with one knee of the floor [(like an engagement process) held her palms and massage gently]……. ME: won’t you at least say something .hmmm? Am sorry my love Sandra: (silent) **There was a knocked on the door and Kelly hurriedly opened up lo it was none other than Grace, this time she found me kneeling to Sandra…..

(1) (Reply)

Triple L Poetry Competition!!!! Win Cash Prize Inside / Why The Dog Have No Horns / See These Incredibe Art Drawings By Nigerian Boy, Georgesketch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.