Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed (595 Views)

Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion / Your Opinion: Do You Think King Pharoah Will Go To Hell? / Religious Opinion Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by ademoladeji(m): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

EASTER, also called Pasch or Resurrection Sunday, is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by Romans at Calvary c. 30 AD. It is the culmination of the Passion of Christ, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a forty-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.

(Both definitions were gotten from wikipedia)

In view of this, I'd like to sample opinions as to which supersede or more important than the other.

Please, no bashing. Just wanna know what you think.

Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by optional1(f): 12:45am On Mar 27, 2016
Go with Easter.

Is a season of repentance, dis is d day d Lord conquer death, He die 4 us 4 our sins.

'Anyone who believe in the resurrection shall not die but have eternal life'.

Jesus is the leaving bread, the bread of life.

Happy Easter!

1 Like

Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by amokeme(f): 1:46am On Mar 27, 2016
Easter smiley
This day is the birth of the everlasting grace we all enjoy today...
For Death could not hold him captive! He has risen!,
Happy Easter, may the grace of the season abide with us all...
Amen

1 Like

Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 27, 2016
ademoladeji:
Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

EASTER, also called Pasch or Resurrection Sunday, is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by Romans at Calvary c. 30 AD. It is the culmination of the Passion of Christ, preceded by Lent (or Great Lent), a forty-day period of fasting, prayer, and penance.

(Both definitions were gotten from wikipedia)

In view of this, I'd like to sample opinions as to which supersede or more important than the other.

Please, no bashing. Just wanna know what you think.

This topic has being dealt with several times. Get ready for bashing
Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by DebbyChris(f): 5:51am On Mar 27, 2016
They are both important, if he wasn't born how will he had die? and if he didn't die, the essence of his coming wouldn't be achieve.

1 Like

Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by deebrain(m): 5:58am On Mar 27, 2016
Christmas is good in itself but the Resurrection (or Easter) happens to be the real thing Jesus Christ came for.

Christmas is the coming while Easter is the fulfilment of the coming. Ask yourself of the two, which is bigger...

I think Easter is seriously misunderstand thus the "low key, sober reflection status" of celebrating Easter. I think Easter is where the real excitement and fun is supposed to be! Its the timing of the celebration that dealt with it. grin
Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by ademoladeji(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2016
asuustrike2009:

This topic has being dealt with several times. Get ready for bashing
You ehn? Issokay ooooo

Na lalasticlala I go report you to
Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by ademoladeji(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2016
DebbyChris:
They are both important, if he wasn't born how will he had die? and if he didn't die, the essence of his coming wouldn't be achieve.

Do you know there are some Christian divides that don't celebrate Christmas while some believe 25/12 isn't the right date for Xmas celebration?

It's kinda confusing and complicated at times
Re: Easter Vs Christmas... Opinion Needed by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
ademoladeji:

You ehn? Issokay ooooo

Na lalasticlala I go report you to
Na true oh

(1) (Reply)

One Word For This Poster / Devil Showed Me That God Is Real. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/04/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.