Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Must Those Who Have Kidney, Heart, Etc. Problems Advertise For Help On TV? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Must Those Who Have Kidney, Heart, Etc. Problems Advertise For Help On TV? (348 Views)

Why Did I Have Kidney Stones? / How To Tell You May Have Kidney Disease / Do You Have Kidney Stones Problem? Treat It Now!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Must Those Who Have Kidney, Heart, Etc. Problems Advertise For Help On TV? by ItuExchange(m): 1:19am On Mar 27, 2016
I am always sad whenever I watch T.V publicizing terrible health problems of some Nigerian citizens, like kidney, liver, heart, etc. problems, soliciting for financial assistance in order to do surgery that would correct such problems.

There are countries in other parts of the world in which their governments take responsibilities for their citizens’ health or subsidize it heavily. I do not think in a country like Singapore, Norway, Canada, etc. one of their citizens would be sick and she/he would need to be advertised on TV so that the public can contribute to assist financially.

I do not condemn this, but I do not know why this must be so. People who have these kinds of problems should be cared for by the government. There are many officials who travel regularly abroad for medical treatment, using of public funds.

I cannot blame the rich, especially those who acquire their wealth legally. Anyone is free to spend their money as they like, whether for philanthropic/humanitarian causes or otherwise. I think it is the responsibility of a good government to take care of their citizens.

I remember one lawyer showing me an iPad during the elections campaigns of 2014, telling me that was the only thing he gained from the government since he was born. What are we citizens for? Why must a Nigerian citizen die because she/he does not have the means to pay for medical bills?

When would there be National Health Insurance Scheme for all Nigerians? When would there be free health services (including free surgery) for citizens of states? Can we say there is no money or the money available has been stolen too much?

Are we too many in Nigeria for the governments to handle? Or is our population explosion a blessing or curse?

I’m perplexed.

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Why Must Those Who Have Kidney, Heart, Etc. Problems Advertise For Help On TV? by christinie(f): 1:21am On Mar 27, 2016
We don't have viable health insurance here.
Re: Why Must Those Who Have Kidney, Heart, Etc. Problems Advertise For Help On TV? by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Some countries give citizens a monthly allowance for their upkeep. If our country can not provide that then it obviously cannot afford health services for the sick. I like your write up but its not far-fetched for Nigeria to remain as it is now for the next 60 years.

I'm happy I went through NYSC because that was the only year of my life I could say I worked and received government support in terms of a primary job placement.

(1) (Reply)

Most Wanted Nutrient For Vegetarians / Understanding Blood Groups & Genotypes (marriage & Blood Transfusions) / Dual Detoxification Kit For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.