Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? (7376 Views)

10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Should We Celebrate Easter Sunday? / Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by bodyloveghetto(m): 7:37am On Mar 27, 2016
with me maself n I... btw I thank God for today.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by tpiar: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2016
Medley:
I think many people are misinformed on what easter celebration is all about - and go about it the wrong way. So where should one be and how should one celebrate the death of Jesus christ. Is it right to be in a bar, brothel...etc. And the list goes, all in the name of celebrating the same thing Jesus frowned at, when he died for our sin, or is it the right time to spend the weekend in the house of a boyfriend? Please i need your opinion on this

whichever way you have been celebrating easter since you became old enough to type on the computer, is what you should stick with.

leave other people alone to celebrate however they want.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by deflover(m): 7:41am On Mar 27, 2016
easter is a fraud

1 Like

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Twinkie8: 7:43am On Mar 27, 2016
Easter Weekend is time to be home with family and celebrate the death and Resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. In Nigeria, we do not know much about egg hunting and painting and other Western stuff, honestly unlike Christmas, Easter celebrations are kinda boring in many families. People just dress up, go to church, come back home, eat Sunday rice and chicken, and... that's it. Some go nap while others get busy with gadgets taking and posting pics Online. Here is how you can make your Nigerian Easter
celebration more fun for the whole family.
Easter holiday continues till Monday, so, here is how we do it in my family: On Sunday morning, everyone goes to church, my gele tying always makes us late for Easter services anyway and because this is a special Sunday, we do not come back to spend the whole day cooking rice and sweating and entertaining guests. Well, we do cook when we invite friends for Easter Lunch or dinner but that doesn't happen every year. This year, my family already have plans for our Nigerian Easter celebration. No stress, we celebrate the resurrection and have fun together.

After church, we'll drive somewhere not too expensive like Tantalizers or Mr Biggs or my favourite Aunty Ajobi at Drumstix; eat lunch and go from there for an Easter movie at the cinemas. Aunty Eya, we live in Abuja too, so, after the movie, we spend some time at the galleria, if you'll be there please holler at moi. while the kids play fun games and do a few other things. By this time it should be evening already if not night. Home we go from here, eat some light quick dinner and that's it.

How to spend Easter Monday:
Because this is a holiday, we create fun but, basically not much... There is a general morning devotion in the sitting room where we all gather and praise God. We go for a picnic at noon, spend the rest of the day there, return and watch an Easter movie at home after Dinner, then it's a good night.
Please share on the blog in case others have fun suggestions for Easter in Nigeria.
Source: http://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/2016/03/how-to-celebrate-have-fun-easter-in.html
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Mexyz(m): 7:43am On Mar 27, 2016
Sijo01:

Wow, thanks for this kiss...... ... Make it water instead of Bobo drink
correct, on my way.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by macaranta(m): 7:44am On Mar 27, 2016
Sijo01:

Real real sad

Eyah..is it essential duty?
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by ministeriallist: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2016
x9ja1960:
OP I don't understand what you mean by suggesting that hanging out in a bar today is frowned at by Jesus...who turned water into wine? Hello? Like I will always advise anyone who cares to listen...enjoy your life while you can but in moderation. Before you say Jack, we are all gone. As for me and my disciples, this Easter we will go to church this morning and later in the afternoon/evening, we will be in a local joint...if possible a very local joint, drinking palm wine and roasted pork till mama starts calling. Long talk is not for the evening wink
I gbadun u jor. I wish I could join u. Lol
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Twinkie8: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2016
deflover:
easter is a fraud
To them it was Ishtar. It's all about the mindset dear. To me it is EASTER, The celebration of the Resurrection. I don't think about fertility and sex today, I think about The Resurrected King!
Happy Easter!
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by ministeriallist: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 7:54am On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
For me I think someone should be in isolation and be on sober reflections, meditate on your life and the love of christ for us

This sound more like it! But i think sharing the love of christ to others may go a long way
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by UjSizzle(f): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2016
What's the best way to celebrate your freedom from sin and death?

Go and live.

1 Like

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 7:57am On Mar 27, 2016
tpiar:

whichever way you have been celebrating easter since you became old enough to type on the computer, is what you should stick with.

leave other people alone to celebrate however they want.

Thanks for your advice. But hope you will show someone out there what the love of christ really means.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by tpiar: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2016
Medley:

Thanks for your advice. But hope you will show someone out there what the love of christ really means.

why dont you show someone out there what the love of Christ really means, instead of sitting on your butt and asking others to do so?
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2016
bodyloveghetto:
with me maself n I... btw I thank God for today.

don't be selfish o! Extend the celebreation to me and others,kk

1 Like

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 27, 2016
Twinkie8:
To them it was Ishtar. It's all about the mindset dear. To me it is EASTER, The celebration of the Resurrection. I don't think about fertility and sex today, I think about The Resurrected King!
Happy Easter!
U need to read to read exodus 32, and see what God said bout copying paganism even if it's to his glory. Easter is a fraud, and should not be celebrated.
and moreover u don't need to celebrate the birth, death or resurrection of God on any special day...they should be celebrated everyday. cheers!!!
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2016
tpiar:

why dont you show someone out there what the love of Christ really means, instead of sitting on your butt and asking others to do so?

May God bless you and show you unending happiness
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by tpiar: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2016
Medley:

May God bless me and show me unending happiness

Pray for yourself sweetie!

I am not the one opening senseless threads!

commenting on your senseless thread does not mean I am asking to be patronized!
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by funnynation(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2016
I will be performing in two different places today in Abuja. Empress Foundation and The Unborn. If you stay in Abuja, locate our show today and laugh your sorrow off!
Happy Easter celebration!
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2016
tpiar:

Pray for yourself sweetie!

I am not the one opening senseless threads!

commenting on your senseless thread does not mean I am asking to be patronized!

Thanks for the compliment! And you got a good and big heart,am looking forward to seeing that part of you.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by bodyloveghetto(m): 8:11am On Mar 27, 2016
Medley:

don't be selfish o! Extend the celebreation to me and others,kk

Happy Easter bruh...
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by datigbogirl: 8:12am On Mar 27, 2016
x9ja1960:
OP I don't understand what you mean by suggesting that hanging out in a bar today is frowned at by Jesus...who turned water into wine? Hello? Like I will always advise anyone who cares to listen...enjoy your life while you can but in moderation. Before you say Jack, we are all gone. As for me and my disciples, this Easter we will go to church this morning and later in the afternoon/evening, we will be in a local joint...if possible a very local joint, drinking palm wine and roasted pork till mama starts calling. Long talk is not for the evening wink

Abeg dem go get dat roasted pork and palmy for Elegushi? Or where else in Lagos i go fit get am?

Never tasted pork in my life b4 want today to be d day.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by tpiar: 8:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Medley:

Thanks for the compliment! And I got a good and big heart,am looking forward to seeing that part of me.

Patronize yourself, thanks.

If I dont ask for your flattery, dont give it.

Seriously, I find nothing more irritating than obsequious hate filled ass kissers.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by datigbogirl: 8:14am On Mar 27, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Go to Casablanca, Aristohouse or wherever, pick a beautiful lady, take her to a hotel and fvck her.

My version of a Happy Easter.

Where the Casablanca & Aristo house dey?
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2016
bodyloveghetto:

Happy Easter bruh...
Happy easter, to you too. God's beloved
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by HopeAtHand: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2016
datigbogirl:

Where the Casablanca & Aristo house dey?

Abacha road, GRA, Port Harcourt.
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by caphone: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2016
Why should you party or celebrate easter in the club. C'mon it doesn't make sense atol
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2016
caphone:
Why should you party or celebrate easter in the club. C'mon it doesn't make sense atol

people do funny things in the name of celebrating easter, you will be amazed!

1 Like

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Medley(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2016
Twinkie8:
Happy Easter!

whatever they call it, all i know is that i am not bowing to any other God on that day. That settles it all

1 Like

Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
moscobabs:
its a pity we have stopped celebrating Esther in my family since 2006. due to my immediate brother death.

involved in accident on good Friday and died on Esther Monday.

the family never get over it. we remember him every Esther.

RIP Wale Moses

Sory for d death of ur bro!
Re: Where And How Best Should One Celebrate Easter? by biilwwu(m): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2016
Eaa247:

Sory for d death of ur bro!
Sorry,But don't forget that purpose of Easter is for restoration,salvation ,deliverance.healing
God will restore whatever your loss may be,Jesus loves you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebola-Free: Nigerian Catholic Church Restores Handshakes During Mass. / Meditation / Elderly Man With Multiple Liver & Kidney End Organ Damage Is Miraculously Healed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.