Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Knowing The"real"and"true"purpose Of Easter!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing The"real"and"true"purpose Of Easter!!! (440 Views)

Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!! / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Knowing The"real"and"true"purpose Of Easter!!! by Brunicekid(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2016
Wow!!Another easter sunday is here again.A day that has been widely mis-interpreted by many"Christians"and non-christians as"just"d day to remember the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and celebrate d"worldly"way of feasts and parties marking this special event"easter"
Before carrying on and explaning this point in order 2 correct these mis-interpretations and wrong ideology,it is pertinent to"trace back to d source"and examine d events preceding this easter sunday..D passion week(Monday-Saturday)marks d week be4 easter sunday and it's celebrated by some churches today...The most significant(the widely celebrated)days in the passion week are d Maundy thursday and the Good friday.The Maundy thursday marks the day Our Lord Jesus Christ instituted the holy communion during the last supper when he commanded his disciples(and all christians)to do it in his remembrance(John13:1-5)and d good friday which marks d"crucifixion"of Jesus Christ..(Luke 23:23-56)
These two notable events are very important but the"one"christians fail to understand is the Good friday..Yes!!Good Friday is the day Jesus Christ was crucified but just take a minute imagining the kind of agony Christ went through on the Cross..They nailed his hands,imagine the"pain"he felt when nails were being driven into his hands with force and the"inhuman"sufferings he faced just 2 save the world..In fact,he was condemned among thieves(criminals)just to save ME and YOU..
But yet,this our generation can"shamefully boast" of different kind of sins(Lieing,stealing,Wickedness,killing,Corruption,fornication,..)upon all what Christ did for us..After his death,he finally won the battle against the devil and saved us from his hands..HE RESURRECTED AND WON THE BATTLE!!Yes,both Christians and those willing to surrender their lives to him must be ready to forsake their sins..
It's so saddening seeing people celebrating easter without focusing on its REAL MEANING.
Let us reflect on our lives and change our ways for better(which will invariably reflect on our families and our country NIGERIA)because christ suffered and d battle is won for ME and YOU!!ALLELLUYAH!!!!... (Wow!!Another easter sunday is here again.A day that has been widely mis-interpreted by many"Christians"and non-christians as"just"d day to remember the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and celebrate d"worldly"way of feasts and parties marking this special event"easter"
Before carrying on and explaning this point in order 2 correct these mis-interpretations and wrong ideology,it is pertinent to"trace back to d source"and examine d events preceding this easter sunday..D passion week(Monday-Saturday)marks d week be4 easter sunday and it's celebrated by some churches today...The most significant(the widely celebrated)days in the passion week are d Maundy thursday and the Good friday.The Maundy thursday marks the day Our Lord Jesus Christ instituted the holy communion during the last supper when he commanded his disciples(and all christians)to do it in his remembrance(John13:1-5)and d good friday which marks d"crucifixion"of Jesus Christ..(Luke 23:23-56)
These two notable events are very important but the"one"christians fail to understand is the Good friday..Yes!!Good Friday is the day Jesus Christ was crucified but just take a minute imagining the kind of agony Christ went through on the Cross..They nailed his hands,imagine the"pain"he felt when nails were being driven into his hands with force and the"inhuman"sufferings he faced just 2 save the world..In fact,he was condemned among thieves(criminals)just to save ME and YOU..
But yet,this our generation can"shamefully boast" of different kind of sins(Lieing,stealing,,killing,Corruption,fornication,..)upon everything that Christ did for us..After his death,he finally won the battle against the devil and saved us from his hands..HE RESURRECTED AND WON THE BATTLE!!Yes,both Christians and those willing to surrender their lives to him must be ready to forsake their sins..
It's so saddening seeing people celebrating easter without focusing on its REAL MEANING.
Let us reflect on our lives and change our ways for better(which will invariably reflect on our families and our country NIGERIA)because christ suffered and d battle is won for ME and YOU!!ALLELLUYAH!!!!...

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 01/04/16) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(tue 19/04/2016) / Pentecost Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.