Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) (47290 Views)

World Likely To End On September 23, As Experts Match Great Pyramid, Bible Dates / Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years / What Is Easter Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2016
check the picture below

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2016
One of the things I've noticed and never cared to ask but pitching my tent here to find out.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by ifenes(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2016
It is a Sun worship day,it has to be on a sun-day.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by walexGodson(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2016
Now I understand
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2016
No one knows when he was born, killed. Resurrected. We just make.things up and everybody follows. What matters is the celebration.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by whitecloth: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Before you see the calendar of the year it has been planned by astrologers, they are the one who will fix a day as easter and so on based on the constellation in the stars, that's what the whole world follows

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by ifenes(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2016
whitecloth:
Before you see the calendar of the year it has been planned by astrologers, they are the one who will fix a day as easter and so on based on the constellation in the stars, that's what the whole world follows

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
whitecloth:
Where are they based? I suppose it's a specific group dealing with the calendar.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Pavore9: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Read about it this morning and here is an excerpt.

''Father Dr Fredrick Njoroge, a chaplain at Moi University’s main campus, explained that since the year 325, Easter Sunday has been timed to occur after March 21.

He said the dates were determined by calculations by mathematicians and astrologers sanctioned by the Catholic Church centuries ago.

The church, he said, currently knows the date of the annual Easter Sunday until the year 4099.

“If Jesus does not come back before 4099, we already have the dates,” Dr Njoroge said.

Because of the irregular nature of the moon’s rotation patterns, the full moon can occur in March or April, which explains why Easter dates change from year to year.

Next year’s Easter Sunday will be on April 16 while the 2018 one will be on April 1.

“Easter can occur as early as March 22 or as late as April 25, which now tells us why sometimes it will fall within April''.

112 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Joel3(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
one thing i know it has to be on a Friday & Sunday

1 Like

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by JoaHynppes(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
[size=14pt]bruv, thought I was the only one bothered bout this sh!t.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Giyerte(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
That is what you see when you don't bother to query your faith.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by eluquenson(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by chrisbaby24(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Wetin concern me...me na to celebrate dey go...!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Sanchez01: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
ifenes:
It is a Sun worship day,it has to be on a sun-day.
You really need to be enlightened. You have forgotten quickly that the Easter celebration is a three day celebration, starting from Friday, which signifies his crucifixion down to Sunday where he arose from the grave. You would have done yourself a whole lot of good by not posting a picture thing because it is evident you know nothing about the subject matter.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by chino4(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
D group is well know to the catholic church and Easter is usually celebrated based on the catholic calender.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pope Gregory XIII. Or at least, the calendar to which he gave his name.

Easter is an annual festival observed throughout the Christian world. The date for Easter shifts every year within the Gregorian Calendar. The Gregorian Calendar is the standard international calendar for civil use. In addition, it regulates the ceremonial cycle of the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches. The current Gregorian ecclesiastical rules that determine the date of Easter trace back to 325 CE at the First Council of Nicaea convened by the Roman Emperor Constantine. At that time the Roman world used the Julian Calendar (put in place by Julius Caesar). The Council decided to keep Easter on a Sunday, the same Sunday throughout the world. To fix incontrovertibly the date for Easter, and to make it determinable indefinitely in advance, the Council constructed special tables to compute the date. These tables were revised in the following few centuries resulting eventually in the tables constructed by the 6th century Abbot of Scythia, Dionysis Exiguus. Nonetheless, different means of calculations continued in use throughout the Christian world. Universal adoption of this Gregorian calendar occurred slowly. By the 1700's, though, most of western Europe had adopted the Gregorian Calendar.

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-28458,00.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by espn(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
No one knows nd understands anything in this world..we just do follow follow!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Moneyyy: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Akosxxx(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Another Evidence to show that JESUS wasn't actually crucified.

Yea thats right, quote me if you like but surely i ain't replying any mentions

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kk
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by danemenike: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
/./
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Makanjuolaa(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
I wonder
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by abduldope(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
bcs d whole method of celebrating it is wrong

1 Like

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Moustache: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
The thing is,Christ was not killed on a cross.It never happened.

16 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by pet4ril(f): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
I have been thinking too...
A Jehovah witness ones engaged me in the talk but i told them I wasn't interested. Ever since then, this question has already been in my mind.
Please i would like someone to educate me on it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by omowolewa: 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
There was no calendar then so they picked a range.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Daniel058(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
EVERY THING HAPPEN ACCORDING TO CATHOLIC CHURCH CALENDER..

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Sasuwa(f): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Because it is manmade, ask femi aribisala

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by steffans(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Here to learn
Re: Why Is Easter Always Falling On Different Dates? (picture) by Generalkorex(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Na true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Alarming Rate At Which Secondary School Students Have Sex Today / What Benefits Has Islam Brought To Nigeria? / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.