Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday (3982 Views)

BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) / RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures / How We Bought RCCG Redemption Campground For Just N6, 000 – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2016
I really don't know what to make of this. This is not to castigate any church or something but i am really disappointed at the level the so called christianity have degraded to. I made a resolve long ago not to attend any church again but try and live my life as upright as i can

It happened i was invited to a program by someone in deeperlife, decided to go after much pressure as the member have been on my neck for sometime now. He got an accommodation in Redemption camp and it happened that some children probably residents were holding a program too. I got there yesterday Saturday even though program started since Thursday.

When i got back to the room after close of program @ deeperlife, the children program was holding not too far from my window, so i could hear everything. After so much praise and worship, next i heard was a song by Korede Bello, God win. At first i thought nothing of it, but i noticed it was stopped and played several times and after each stop, i hear is she the winner? is he the winner? With children shouting No or Yes. This was already past 11pm. I got out curious to see what was going on, then i saw kids lined up apparently doing dancing competition.

I went back to the room to lay, as i was trying to sleep, the next song played; Rikado Banks new hit; Oluwa ni, then same routine of is she the winner......
Then next i heard Wande Coal's Sope. Some have food but they dont have mouth....at the sound of this song, children screamed....and i was like is this actually a church program?

Funny thing they keep saying Praise God, Hallelujah and stuffs like that. Next was Pick up by Adekunle Gold, all with the same routine.

After the dancing competition, i heard the anchor of the program announcing its Rap time, where is brother "Dayo" (not real names) brother Dayo come and rap for us. Guess the young man was not there or ready, so they called another set to come and sing "MY REDEEMER LIVETH"

I was wondering where is the morales being impacted on this children, what are kids doing out in the name of program at 12 midnight? These are not even youths, i mean children.

All the songs they were playing all i could think of was my last clubbing... How i watched people dance and danced to this songs. I was not even thinking of God but club.

I discovered any song that has little christian lyrics was seen as OK.

Does that mean if Nicki Minaj or Devil himself sings a song with little christian lyrics its ok for us to play in churches and even line up kids to dance and award gifts.

The little respect i have for Redeem just went down the drain.

I lost some respect already when Daddy GO kept frolicking with Jonathan and politicians then, now i can't even understand what to make of this right inside redemption camp.

I know poeple will hurl insults at me and tell me how playomg those song does not matter and all that.

Well its my opinion.

God bless

I am my church...and will serve God the way i see it right. No kobo of mine is entering into any pastor's pocket again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2016
Why i am against this music played in churches?

I expect people to defend but;

Now the kids are having fun listening and dancing to the songs.

Any other song by any of this musicians will be assumed OK by the kids since one of their musics was played to them in the church.

Means when they hear Wande coals Rotate, its ok, cos Sope was played in church for them.

I don't know if daddy GO is aware of all this, cos even things i saw in deeperlife, i feel Kumuyi may not be aware as he can't be every where.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 10:55am On Mar 27, 2016
You lost respect for daddy G.O because you saw him "frolicking" with politicians...hmmmmm. Didn't Jesus Christ dine with some pharisees, tax collectors etc? Some hypocrites and their reasoning sef.

4 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
You lost respect for daddy G.O because you saw him "frolicking" with politicians...hmmmmm. Didn't Jesus Christ eat dine with some pharisees, tax collectors etc? Some hypocrites and their reasoning sef.

This is the problem. Just the same way they treat the bible, pick some parts and leave some parts. So in all, the only thing u can pick Daddy GO frolicking eith politicians, then use Jesus dining with Pharisees as a point.

You have bo right to call me an hyprocrite cos u just displayed yours in full scale. I don't care if u are a member....i have said my opinion. If it goes down welk with u or not is your business

Mind you, the same Bible repeated several times we flee from Phariseea and saduccess and flee from all appearance of evil....

Deal with that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by ExAngel007(f): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2016
Welcome to the "NEW WORLD"

You aint see nothin' yet!

i dont attend those kind of camping. That's a good time of initiating kids into occultism

Dancing shoki around 11 pm in redemption camp

una be babalawo children?

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2016
koboko69:

This is the problem. Just the same way they treat the bible, pick some parts and leave some parts. So in all, the only thing u can pick Daddy GO frolicking eith politicians, then use Jesus dining with Pharisees as a point.

You have bo right to call me an hyprocrite cos u just displayed yours in full scale. I don't care if u are a member....i have said my opinion. If it goes down welk with u or not is your business

Mind you, the same Bible repeated several times we flee from Phariseea and saduccess and flee from all appearance of evil....

Deal with that
oga, you spoilt your story by including the daddy G.O part. If he frolics with politicians, how is that your business mr holier than thou? I actually saw reasons with you on the kids night party stuff and the kind of secular musics played there but must you include the activities of the G.O? Who are you to judge him? Besides if you flee from the "pharisees and saducees" how do you win or convert them to Christ? Oga abeg use wisdom
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by alatbaba1(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2016
Dis is serious.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
oga, you spoilt your story by including the daddy G.O part. If he frolics with politicians, how is that your business mr holier than thou? I actually saw reasons with you on the kids night party stuff and the kind of secular musics played there but must you include the activities of the G.O? Who are you to judge him? Besides if you flee from the "pharisees and saducees" how do you win or convert them to Christ? Oga abeg use wisdom

I expect the attacks from fellowers. He is the father of the church i have to bring him in.
I don't blame ur myopic reasoning as u can see i never formed holier than thou as i included i went clubbing last weekend.
I am not a blind follower i call a spade a spade. Allowing politicians campaign on church poduium is wrong.. .i care less about your opinion. I have made mine. I think your GO is resident in the camp too, where all this was going on.

3 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by whitecloth: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2016
You were invited to a deeper life camp and you're sleeping in the redemption camp, I don't get you, also, though I've not attended the RCCG church before o but I don't think there is truth in all this thing you're saying.
please clarify.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Hero10001: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Wtf! Is Korede and reekado songs bad?!
I'm so high on Thc tho.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Hero10001: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2016
whitecloth:
You were invited to a deeper life camp and you're sleeping in the redemption camp, I don't get you, also, though I've not attended the RCCG church before o but I don't think there is truth in all this thing you're saying.
please clarify.
that op is high on weed, just like me!
:-)
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2016
koboko69:

I expect the attacks from fellowers. He is the father of the church i have to bring him in.
I don't blame ur myopic reasoning as u can see i never formed holier than thou as i included i went clubbing last weekend.
I am not a blind follower i call a spade a spade. Allowing politicians campaign on church poduium is wrong.. .i care less about your opinion. I have made mine. I think your GO is resident in the camp too, where all this was going on.
hahahahahahaha, see this hypocrite, I am not a member and yes I like him and I do listen to his messages. If you are pained by his closeness with politicians why don't you go and hug a nearby transformer? You hypocrite that will lick the toes of any politician that wil give you some wad of money.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2016
whitecloth:
please clarify.

The shiloh apartments was filled up with deeperlife members. Redemption camp share boundaries with deeperlife camp. I was made to understand that they let out rooms to deeperlifr members when they have a program. U can drive from deeperlife back gate right into redemption camp
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:18am On Mar 27, 2016
koboko69:

I am my church...and will serve God the way i see it right. No kobo of mine is entering into any pastor's pocket again.

"And this is eternal life; that they may know you, the only and true God. And Jesus Christ who thou has sent"

Christianity is evil as of all other religion. Know your God personally and keep doing good.

Also you might check the third option of this article

https://houseoftruthblog./2016/03/27/given-for-what/#respond

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
hahahahahahaha, see this hypocrite, I am not a member and yes I like him and I do listen to his messages. If you are pained by his closeness with politicians why don't you go and hug a nearby transformer? You hypocrite that will lick the toes of any politician that wil give you some wad of money.

I dont engage kids...please move on.

U av only been ranting,not made any sensible cintribution. Why deny ur membership?
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
And you will call yourself a Christian? Such a disgrace.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:21am On Mar 27, 2016
whitecloth:
please clarify.
Are you suggesting OP is lying?
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2016
koboko69:

I dont engage kids...please move on.
I rarely engage fools. Good riddance.

U av only been ranting,not made any sensible cintribution. Why deny ur membership?
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Donovela(m): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2016
Exactly. In a church near my house (don't wanna disclose) this same scenario occurs during praise and worship. The keyboard player plays the keys of songs like shoki,reggae blues,my woman and many others, even members dance shoki and bobo in church...Don't know what is really happening.

3 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2016
Olusanya333:
And you will call yourself a Christian? Such a disgrace.
I am amaze at your inability to comprehend.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
He has more than a million souls under his watch. His hypocrisy can lead them all to hell. And you and I know, the one million believe he can't be wrong which makes it dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:27am On Mar 27, 2016
Olusanya333:
He has more than a million souls under his watch. His hypocrisy can lead them all to hell. And you and I know, the one million believe he can't be wrong which makes it dangerous.
Divine judge, I hail thee.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by onatisi(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2016
The op has raised good points . No prayers no serious preaching against worldly dressing or Morales just dancing dancing dancing

3 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:
I am amaze at your inability to comprehend.
And I at your ability to comprehend.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Olusanya333(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2016
onatisi:
The op has raised good points . No prayers no serious preaching against worldly dressing or Morales just dancing dancing dancing
Not surprised though. The end of Christianity has come.

5 Likes

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Gpopsicle(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2016
Kingsasian:

y re u bn so pained and pathetic.Op WS just saying his mind.I believe everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I c no clear reason y u shud take ds personal#word
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Kingsasian(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2016
Gpopsicle:

y re u bn so pained and pathetic.Op WS just saying his mind.I believe everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I c no clear reason y u shud take ds personal#word
check my first quote. Its my opinion too and for you to mention me shows how pained you are just as the op.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mynd44
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by sinkhole: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
I have a deeperlife sister who loves listening to late Brenda Fasi, because of her songs such as Alleluya. I used to laugh at this born again lady because I know that Brenda was a cronic drug addict who was actually killed by drug
Most of these "born agains" are extreme "illiterates", stupendous shallow thinkers, if you wrap weed in Bible page and give it to them, beleive me, they will smoke it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by Ken4Christ: 12:41am On Mar 28, 2016
Op, your worries about what you observed in the camp is not out of place. However, we should be careful how we point fingers at Men of God. It is God who placed them there that will judge them.

Generally, there are so much compromises in churches today For instance, doctrines preached these days are what the people want to hear and not what they should hear. A lot of Pastors are wealth driven and to get this wealth, numbers count. They can't afford to lose members. So, all kinds of liberty goes on today in most of our Churches.

Secular music should not be encouraged even though a few of them conveys good message.

Many a time, all these lapses occur when doctrines are lopsided. If doctrines are properly balance, GOC of any ministry don't have to be everywhere for members to know and do what is right.

However, your decision to quit church is a very foolish one It is like self condemnation. That is a sure ticket to hell you just picked. There are still Ministries you can get balanced doctrines to some extent.

Keep searching until you find the one your spirit agrees with. Ensure you give your life to Jesus first otherwise the devil might end up leading you to religious groups you think are serving God but are agents of darkness.
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by koboko69: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2016
Ken4Christ:

However, your decision to quit church is a very foolish one It is like self condemnation. That is a sure ticket to hell you just picked. There are still Ministries you can get balanced doctrines to some extent.

Mind your language.

There is nothing wrong in my decision. I will bey own church. Thanks
Re: What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday by bussieboi(m): 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
You raised a good point but a must say u didn't do u self justice referring to daddy g.o

Lets discuss maturely

-A DJ mixing does songs, how does dat directly involve daddy g.o his probably in his prayer foyer having his prayer session so how does the low sense of d DJ involve him

-daddy moving with politicians. I would love to know, how many times have u actually sat down to listen to daddy G.o speak or gone daddy g.o's message when all Dis politicians are present in d congregation be it in a reserved chair. Or is it d pictures u see as headlines with dem politicians beside him you actually see?

Note Dis is not an attack, its a chance for us to discuss maturely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fellow Defenders Of The Christian Faith Please Come In / Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet) / God’s Existence: The Deist Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.