Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,155 members, 7,811,316 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies (1071 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Saw Nigerian Coins? / What Happened To The Naira Swap / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by datGuyJoo: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2016

1. Vietnamese Dong
With a name like Dong, perhaps the worst named currency in the world, what do you expect
22,285 Vietnamese Dong to 1 USD

2. Indonesian Rupiah
13,390 Indonesian Rupiah to 1 USD

find more currencies here:
http://www.naijarepublic.com/you-think-the-naira-is-bad-check-this-out/
Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by sainty2k3(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
hmm. if we continue living on foreign product . its only a matter of time, 1$ will soon be 10000#

1 Like

Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by prince4pro(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
sainty2k3:
hmm. if we continue living on foreign product . its only a matter of time, 1$ will soon be 10000#
Seconded
Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by datGuyJoo: 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
sainty2k3:

You make a good point my man. I struggle with that concept. How far are we going to go to not use foreign products? The platform we use right now to converse is foreign!
It must start from the grass root, everyone trying to buy the newest thing from abroad and ignoring local products. InnoSon Cars vs Toyota/Honda/Benz. Majority would ignore Innoson. I wonder.
Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by winivogue: 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
And what mekes u think that d use of foreign product is d reason y our naira does not have value. So u want to tell me that America does not import things. Everything they use is made in America?
Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by datGuyJoo: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
winivogue:
And what mekes u think that d use of foreign product is d reason y our naira does not have value. So u want to tell me that America does not import things. Everything they use is made in America?

Literally, you don't have to take this out of context. No one can live on domestic products or imports alone that's why I said "How far are we going to go to not use foreign products". It's a beginning of a discussion.
Re: Next Time You Decide To Lament The Naira, Think Of These Currencies by sainty2k3(m): 1:03am On Mar 28, 2016
datGuyJoo:

You make a good point my man. I struggle with that concept. How far are we going to go to not use foreign products? The platform we use right now to converse is foreign!
It must start from the grass root, everyone trying to buy the newest thing from abroad and ignoring local products. InnoSon Cars vs Toyota/Honda/Benz. Majority would ignore Innoson. I wonder.

its not going to be easy obviously, but government policies can force us to make is of naija products. e.g imported cars ,if made to cost twice or thrice as made in naija. we will all blame the government but in no time everyone will fall back on pegeot,innoson and any other car assembled in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Cashless Sex: Prostitutes, Strippers Now Parade Lagos Streets With Pos / CBN To Stop Withdrawal With Abroad By Ist Of Next Month / Timeline For Establishing Pure Water Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.