Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy (325282 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / My Life As A Yahoo Boy By Iphekitan/mainland (review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Coming tru

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2016
Episode 19

From that incident have learnt not to trust anyone. And I was more mindful of eke anywhere I went.

I lived my life quite lowkey during my remaining days in ib. I finished my I.T two months later, I submitted the Mobile App I developed for them and taught them how to use it.

my send forth day was also the day the App was launched so dignitaries came from different branches of the company, requesting for my help with creating the d App also. Doors of blessings were just opened before me.

I went back to Futa for my Final Year , I stayed at krissh domot for road block permanently , krissh and I were so much into YY that no amount in our account was satisfying. Anytime we feel we have over spent during a weekend, we sit down and put our heads together to think of new formats to get doe's from maye's.

I defended my project quiet easily before those professors because I was a guy of confidence and I was very much knowlegible about what I was defending.

It was during my final exams that things took a new turn, I knew I wasn't really good with definitions and cramming. And I can't afford to stay an extra year in school, so I resorted to mingling with some unserious course mates of mine, they are from rich families I guess. And what they do during exams is approach the most intelligent but corrupt course mate of ours, a guy called stephen, he had the ability to predict almost correctly what the lecturer would set for exams. So stephen would jot, then the rest of them would make photocopies in the nearest cafe and shared it amongst themselves, I connected to them to tap from the anointing also. During exams girls would come and sit near us to tap also.

I eventually graduated with a third class from Futa and was shipped off to the North for NYSC. A new facet of my life, I remembered how I felt when I found out I was to serve in the North. A good illustration of how I felt would be that beat up bbm smiley. I was the butt of my friend's jokes as they were posted to more favorable locations. The fact I had bragged about working my service to lagos state made it even more painful.

The first thing I did was to purchase and end of discussion. To make my movements within the state easy, I could have bought a better car, but knew my days are numbered in Nigeria.

Well serving in Gombe had it's perks. Orientation camp was mightly fun. I met some fellow Futa guys there, though we never rapped back then I Futa, but because of the new found situation, we became friends.

We quickly developed a reputation for ourselves as a result of spending spree at the mammy market. We became friends with nost of the soldiers and Man O' War. Guys (so we didn't partake in the parade or obstacle courses), dated the finest girls in camp. We were IT! . For the first ten days or so, I hooked up with one fine ibo girl, chisom from Imsu. Things got complicated when one of the NYSC officials developed an interest in her as well. She felt she needed him to help secure her re deployment. As a sharp nigga, I paved way.

It's funny how we see our selves as players in camp because it was easy to get girls, when in fairness, these girls just wanna have fun. Most of them were either married or engaged, so they viewed the NYSC as their last hoorah. My guy Alfred, experienced this first hand.

He dated the biggest girl in camp, she spent money on him and after camp they lived together in a nice, cosy apartment she paid for. He was the envy of all. One morning this girl woke up and told him she was traveling to lagos.... For her wedding!!!.. Alfred was stunned! We all were. She didn't even mention for once she had been engaged. Poor Alfred has to leave their cosy apartment at federal low cost, to squat with some of his buddies.

After camp, I was posted to a village called Kumu, in Akko LGA to teach computer studies. I was wondering how a working boy like me would cope in a class as a teacher but I'av got no options,it's a service to the nation. The village was barely a 40minutes drive away from the state capital so I lived in the capital and went to the village once every week. The first day I walked into class, the students, some who could barely speak english were all exicted, calling me "Young Corper", I decided to teach them that day for about 30mins.

After the teaching.

Me : class do you understand ?

Students: Ba Turanchi!!! (Meaning No English)

Mehn that was the last day I taught them anything. In fact, I went to the school only to obtain my clearance letters. I still view the entire NYSC scheme as a waste of time, a brilliant initiative which has outlived it's importance. So rather than wasting time teaching students who fail to understand either by their own fault or the corper's inability to teach, the federal government should channel the time and resources into educating graduates on skill acquisition, entrepreneurship, SMEs and job procurement by coaching them on how to prepare a standard resume or approach a job interview, simple skills yet lacking in many graduates. Sadly, elements in the government view the NYSC as a lucrative money - making scheme.

Hence enough time for me to face yy full time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Iphekitan:
Episode 19

From that incident have learnt not to trust anyone. And I was more mindful of eke anywhere I went.

I lived my life quite lowkey during my remaining days in ib. I finished my I.T two months later, I submitted the Mobile App I developed for them and taught them how to use it.

my send forth day was also the day the App was launched so dignitaries came from different branches of the company, requesting for my help with creating the d App also. Doors of blessings were just opened before me.

I went back to Futa for my Final Year , I stayed at krissh domot for road block permanently , krissh and I were so much into YY that no amount in our account was satisfying. Anytime we feel we have over spent during a weekend, we sit down and put our heads together to think of new formats to get doe's from maye's.

I defended my project quiet easily before those professors because I was a guy of confidence and I was very much knowlegible about what I was defending.

It was during my final exams that things took a new turn, I knew I wasn't really good with definitions and cramming. And I can't afford to stay an extra year in school, so I resorted to mingling with some unserious course mates of mine, they are from rich families I guess. And what they do during exams is approach the most intelligent but corrupt course mate of ours, a guy called stephen, he had the ability to predict almost correctly what the lecturer would set for exams. So stephen would jot, then the rest of them would make photocopies in the nearest cafe and shared it amongst themselves, I connected to them to tap from the anointing also. During exams girls would come and sit near us to tap also.

I eventually graduated with a third class from Futa and was shipped off to the North for NYSC. A new facet of my life, I remembered how I felt when I found out I was to serve in the North. A good illustration of how I felt would be that beat up bbm smiley. I was the butt of my friend's jokes as they were posted to more favorable locations. The fact I had bragged about working my service to lagos state made it even more painful.

The first thing I did was to purchase and end of discussion. To make my movements within the state easy, I could have bought a better car, but knew my days are numbered in Nigeria.

Typing
ife my man, don't keep us waiting, but you seem to be rushing the story, please hu dey pursue you
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Ayomideen(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
ride on man...dey there!!!
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
profJohnny:

ife my man, don't keep us waiting, but you seem to be rushing the story, please hu dey pursue you

Xo u noticed
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
emyblinkx:

your site has been suspended

Was under upgrading, tz up and running more episodes to be dropped daily @ dopepopz.com

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by GoldenJulius(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
i second your view about NYSC. Abeg no to rush the story.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Iphekitan:

Xo u noticed
I Dey tellz yuh my man. but to be sincere with you, you have tried. kudos bro
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by temmiesexy(f): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
following
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by LeoHezzy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ife no fall my hand I check the site this morning and i can't find anything on there can you please come and update on here NL...
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Vaxt(m): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
So cool ride on, the road smooth
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by aumeehn: 12:21am On Jun 22, 2016
Iphekitan you are the boss!! More ink to your pen!
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Vaxt(m): 5:04am On Jun 22, 2016
More naira to his land
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Tnx, coming tru
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by jibs4lv(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
copper iphekitan oya

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by YINKS89(m): 4:39am On Jun 23, 2016
I'm using dis medium 2 fank u guyz 4 votin 4 lanicky we hav juz one mor hurdle 2 cross more mb 2 ur phone. Fanks again guyz.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Olibboy: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Kindly follow on instagram @Officialteeclef we need ur support .... Thanks in advance
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by olatex25(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
YINKS89:
I'm using dis medium 2 fank u guyz 4 votin 4 lanicky we hav juz one mor hurdle 2 cross more mb 2 ur phone. Fanks again guyz.
saw u in my president daughter on Monday
my life story as yahoo boy on tuesday
jenifer frm grass 2 grace on wednesday
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by YINKS89(m): 11:51am On Jun 23, 2016
olatex25:
saw u in my president daughter on Monday my life story as yahoo boy on tuesday jenifer frm grass 2 grace on wednesday
lolssss......I don dey fear u ooooo.... Hope m nt been followed?
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
Episode 20

The 1st month or so after the camp was boring as hell. Most of my buddies in camp had secured their redeployment but for some reasons, mine didn't work out so I was alone. But for few corper girls who were more eager to warm my bed , waiting for the next list. It was during this period I met Alex and James. Alex was a graduate from LAUTECH while James attended UNILORIN.

They were both YY niggas, but Alex was the one with the vast knowledge and skills about the game. I got to learn a lot from him. He always brag about his previous school, calling it "home of yahoo boy". I sort of agreed with that, because he was into stuff I never dream trying. Even his dating was advanced.

James on the other hand is mainly into goods and Apartment, Alex and James lived in the house opposite mine, and most times I sleep over at their place.

Suddenly life in Gomber became bearable with my new friends. We lived very close to the Gomber state University, so we often ate our meals in the schoool canteen, we began to spend a lot of our free time within the school premises either playing basketball with the students or watching them playing. We became popular amongst the students because of our extravagant lifestyle. Life chidinma sang, we were the "ballers". And girls in the school tick around us so they could get to ride in our cars, but the way things end up were always romantic.

One day, a group of students of the school, 7 boys, approached us claiming they kneW were "bag guys"

Me : hello what do you mean by that ?

1st guy : we know a bad guy when we see one.

2nd guy : see the cars you guys ride.

3rd guy : you guys are dope.

4th guy : we just want in!

1st guy : please don't deny us.

We just kept staring at them. James and I didn't treat them seriously, but Alex being a Yahoo guru and a very cunny fella all the way from lautech, seems to have his own plan.

Alex : No qualms now, we got you back, na we we.

they all smiled.

Alex : for now let's roll, we would talk better later.

They chorused : yes boss!

James and I gave each other a "what is he planning" look.

They hoped into our cars and we had a nice time that evening clubbing.

-------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, the guys have departed.
In Alex room.

Alex : hmmmn life is good ( sinking into the bed)

James and I were playing Winning eleven on his pc.

Me : Alexix you sabi say you dey craze sha

Alex : which kind talk be that ?

Me : what are you planning by agreeing with those boys ?

James : I wonder o.

Alex : (smiling) you guys are funny, so you think say na only white be maga, black maga sef dey.

Me : I don't get you, o boy engligthen me ( dropped the game pad and turns towards him)

Alex : normal normal now, they wanna be among abi. You guys should just watch and learn.

James : you are always looking for trouble.

Me : yeah you don't even know what those guys are capable of .

Alex : just watch, I'd invite them here tomorrow and you will see how I roll.

Me : smh am famished what's for dinner jae.

Alex : na your mama cook for here abi, better step out and buy something before those shops close.

Me : you dey craze , like hunger sef no dey worry you.

James : oh boy let's go and get something jae and leave this crazy guy.

James and I stepped out to purchase suya and some soft drink to step it down.

We met two dope looking girls just leave the suya man stand.

Mehn it was like a sudden current was increased in my body.

With they way they were dressed, it was obvious they were indigenes.

James noticed I was staring at them.

James : better don't try anything funny, you've forgotten the story we heard in camp, about the boys in this area. They don't like strangers messing with their girls, better let's face what we came here for and go back in peace.

Me : ah you dey craze, so you believe such superstition, abeg buy my own suya too I go meet you at home.

I left him to follow the girls.

To be continued

6 Likes

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Wasquad(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
Baller.. keep it up. Nice one all the way bro.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by samuel19222(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Keep it up bro. But this your update slow ooo

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by olatex25(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
YINKS89:
lolssss......I don dey fear u ooooo.... Hope m nt been followed?
smile...
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by YINKS89(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
olatex25:
smile...
no wahala......... M safe den.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by lordwyze(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice one bro.... plus kip it coming sharp sharp.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by LeoHezzy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ife you making the story boring..dey update bro
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Ndukings92(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
kum kuntinu
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by muhamadnur: 4:16am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice story, but why the delay.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Mimido2(f): 12:25am On Jun 29, 2016
nice story ife......pls come and update it na.....we have bin waiting patiently and we will still wait

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Olibboy: 1:08am On Jun 29, 2016
hm
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Episode 21

it's been a while here though, the delay was simply due to health issues. My Life As A Yahoo Boy is back and better

By the time I moved closer to them another girl joined them, and they kept moving together.

I follow the trio till they got to a footpath leading to where I never knew. I approached them.

Me : hi girls.

Lady one : hey young corper good evening

Me : aha how come you know am a corper.

Lady two : aha you guys are the talk of the town now.

Lady three: (smiling) corper's are always popular around here.

Me : okay girls, am ife by name , can I know yours?

Lady one : I'm zainnab by name but you can call me zainny.

Lady two : (straight face) hadijat.

Lady three: Alina.

Me : Alina ? That's all ?

Alina : yeah it's an english name.

Me : nice one.

I sort of liked the girl alina more because of her physical features, besides she seems more accommodating than the rest, and looks Behind.

Me : okay what are you girls doing tomorrow ?

Zainny : why asking ?

Me : so maybe you could hang with my friends and I (winks).

Zainny : I guess I'd be busy although tomorrow.

Hadijat : same here also

Then I turned to Alina with a pleading/ questioning look.

Me : what about you ?

Alina : I should be free around 5pm in the evening.

"Alina!" The two other girls chorused.

Alina : what!

Me : oh thanks I'd be delighted, can I have your digits, so I could give you a reminder call ?

We exchanged digits , but the two others girls didn't stop staring at us. I smell jealousy. Just ignored them and kept talking with alina alone as we were moving down the footpath.

Me : alright guess I have to head back now, thanks for sparing me your time

I turned and left them, heading back to the Suya man side if I could still meet him there.

Unfortunately he wasn't there, so I turned towards the road leading to my area.
Was yet to take my third step when three dark muscular guys blocked me.

Two of the guys were saying some stuffs in hausa language that I couldn't pick. Then one of them pushed me backward, then I know they meant trouble. They kept ranting. Then I noticed they pointed to the road I was coming from. I then concluded it has something to do with the girls I spoked with earlier.

Me : guys calm down.

Mehn they didn't listen or perphaps they don't even understand what I was saying. The third guy who was yet to make a move or say anything since aside from staring, brough out a small dagger from underneath his cloth.

Mehn my heart skipped counts.

3rd guy: listen to me very welli. Ko this is your last warning fa. If I see you with any of our ladies hen , in this community, walahi I will cut you into pieces and use you for kilishi.

Seems he was the only one who could speak english a little. Mehn I was just speechless, the other two were still blubbering in their language, I just kept nodding.

Until the greatest shock happened.

3rd guy : walahitali if you no run now ko. I go use this knife cut ya head.

On hearing that, I took to my heels, this life is too short. I speed directly into alex and james apartment. The door wasn't locked. So I barged in.

I was breathing like a live goat. I couldn't find my voice, it's been long I ran like that. I just kept pointing to the door. Alex who was busy with his pc initially,rushed to the door and locked it with the key.

James : guy relax, siddon, wetin dey chase you ?

I was still speechless, still trying to normalize my breathe.

Alex peeped via the blinds of the window.

Alex : nothing is out here.

James : alaye what's with you na ?

Me : haha ha (breathing slowly) nothing much, haven't just been this close to death before .

Alex : just relax and tell us wetin happen.

Minutes later when I was settled , I narrated All that happened to the duo, but I got from them was laughter instead of a little compassion which I was expecting. I was pissed by this, as in greatly pissed. Gosh do those girls worth my life sef.

James : you know I told you earlier, before you approached them, but you no dey listen. I dunno what you see in those girls.

Alex : those university girls ain't enough for ya hun ? You wan come dey do area parole. You dey craze fa. Dem for slash your face and give you a mark as remembrance.

Mehn I was vexed , regret telling them anything at all. In annoyance, I barged out and headed to my own apartment for the night.

In my room, I couldn't help but to think and ruminate, the events just kept replaying in my head.

To Be continued

Am back

3 Likes

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by vicky3(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
First to read nice one ife

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply)

Twine (A Drama Series) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.