Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria (692 Views)

Fans Storm Mohamed Salah's House In Egypt (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Argentina: See The Previous Games Argentina Defeated Nigeria / Male Fan Kneels Down For Oshoala After They Defeated Cameroon (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria by orobs93(m): 6:10am On Mar 28, 2016
http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4687/africa-cup-of-nations-2017/2016/03/27/21756052/salah-im-glad-egypt-never-defeated-nigeria

The AS Roma star is comfortable not to have scored the winning goal against the Super Eagles, which could have triggered Kaduna fans’ rage

Mohammed Salah was satisfied with his Egypt's 1-1 draw against Nigeria in Friday’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, insisting that a win against Samson Siasia’s men could have flickered the fury of the Kaduna fans.

Salah had equalised for the Pharaohs in the first minute of stoppage time and appeared to be staging a memorable victory in the dying seconds when he sprinted unimpeded into the Eagles’ half, before referee Janny Sikazwe called off the game.

The decision sparked anger from the Egyptians who rushed at the Zambian referee to question his call.

But the AS Roma forward said he was pleased with the arbiter’s call, claiming hell could have been let loose by the fans who jam-packed the Ahmadu Bello Stadium.

"I breathed a sigh of relief after the ref blew the final whistle," Salah told Al-Ahram Daily newspaper.    

"I was afraid when I received the ball and was heading directly towards the goal to score what could have been the winner.

"Had I been able to score, I wouldn't have been able to tell what exactly the fans' response would be, that's why I thanked God right after the final whistle,” he concluded.

Nigeria face a stern test against Hector Cuper’s men on Tuesday at the Alexandria's Borg El-Arab Stadium with Group G winner securing a ticket to Gabon 2017 following the withdrawal of Chad on Sunday.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4687/africa-cup-of-nations-2017/2016/03/27/21756052/salah-im-glad-egypt-never-defeated-nigeria

Re: Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria by orobs93(m): 6:11am On Mar 28, 2016
I think it wud av been a massive disaster

No amount of security cud av curtail dat crowd
Re: Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria by gozmok1(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Nigerians defence should tidy up because the EgyptIan you see on Friday you shall also see them on Tuesday infant no cause for alarm super eagles have 3 Moses to defect the pharoas is as easy as abc
Re: Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria by Oche211(m): 6:39am On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Salah: I'm Glad Egypt Never Defeated Nigeria by Oche211(m): 6:41am On Mar 28, 2016
gozmok1:
Nigerians defence should tidy up because the EgyptIan you see on Friday you shall also see them on Tuesday infant no cause for alarm super eagles have 3 Moses to defect the pharoas is as easy as abc
hehehehehehehehehe
bt hope u knw the eagles will go against 11 harden pharaohs

(1) (Reply)

Funny Tweet About Manchester United / Manchester United To Sign Ibrahimovic?? What's Your View? / The Truth About Paul Le Guen And Nigeria -BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.