Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out (737 Views)

First Time Landlord : I Shunned A Family House To Build Mine / How Can I Confirm The Actual Landlord I Am Paying A New Rent To? / As A Teenage Landlord I Get Intimidated By My Tenants What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by jarkbauer: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
My landlord gave me a notice of increase in rent in December 2015, my rent expire in march 2016. When he notified me of the increase, I knew i wont be able pay the new rent as the rent is now too expensive and not worth it.
The landlord lives in the flat above me. He is very crazy. I am still looking for house. Should I tell him I wont be renewing my rent again? or should just wait till I get a house and move out.
Re: When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by delishpot: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Tell him to give you time. When you find a new house and want to move, pay him the money you owe him for the months you stayed. Thank him and leave. There is no crime in that.

On the other hand, if he will accept a few months pay, do so and leave before the rent expires.

2 Likes

Re: When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2016
The sensible thing to do is to get a house first before you tell him...

But of course, if you get backing from village or army barracks, you fit tell am now grin
Re: When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by johnwizey: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2016
Re: When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by jarkbauer: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2016
Hmm
Re: When Should I Tell My Landlord I Want To Move Out by Richnero(m): 8:29am On Jan 12
Still need more response to this question.

(1) (Reply)

Plot Of Land For Sale In Ibadan / PHOTO: Check Out This Absurd Gate Made By This SUV Owner For His Car / House For Sale 7m In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.