Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,494 members, 7,954,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA (1608 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2016
U.S. AT EASTER: IGNORE THE MUSLIM SLAUGHTER OF OVER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTRUCTION OF 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA
Par for the course of the Obama administration.

Originally published by the Gatestone Institute

Raymond Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the Freedom Center

Boko Haram, the Nigerian Islamic extremist group, has killed more people in the name of jihad than the Islamic State (ISIS), according to the findings of a new report. Since 2000, when twelve Northern Nigerian states began implementing or more fully enforcing Islamic law, or Sharia, "between 9,000 to 11,500 Christians" have been killed. This is "a conservative estimate."

In addition, "1.3 million Christians have become internally displaced or forced to relocate elsewhere," and "13,000 churches have been closed or destroyed altogether." Countless "thousands of Christian businesses, houses and other property have been destroyed."

The report alludes to a number of other factors that connect the growth of the Nigerian jihad to the growth of the global jihad. The rise of anti-Christian, Islamic supremacism "did not emerge in Northern Nigeria until the 1980s, when Nigerian scholars and students returned from Arabic countries influenced by Wahhabi and Salafist teaching. Each year, thousands of West African Muslims get free scholarships to pursue their studies in the Sunni Arab countries; this has had a major impact on Nigerian culture."

This "major impact" is not limited to Nigeria. Saudi Arabia annually spends over $100 billion disseminating "Wahhabi and Salafist teaching"—or what growing numbers of Muslims refer to as "true Islam”—including through European and American mosques. Behind the radicalization of ISIS, Boko Haram, and Lone Wolf jihadis stand America’s best Muslim friends and allies.

Another important finding from the report is that, "Not just radical Islam, Boko Haram being the most notable example, but also Muslim Hausa-Fulani herdsmen and the Northern Muslim political and religious elite are also major actors of targeted violence towards the Christian minority."

Most recently, on March 2, Nigerian human rights lawyer Emmanuel Ogebe sent an email saying: "I arrived Nigeria a few days ago to investigate what appears to be the worst massacre by Muslim [Hausa-Fulani] herdsmen... Over 500 Christian villagers were slain in one night." Similarly, according to a West African source, "Once Boko Haram is defeated, the problem will not be solved. Christians living under Sharia law are facing discrimination and marginalization and have limited to no access to federal rights."

The report finally finds that much of the anti-Christian violence derives from the historical "migration of Muslims into non-Muslim territories in northern Nigeria to promote the Islamic religious and missionary agenda in all parts of northern Nigeria." In other words, what Christians in Nigeria are experiencing is a live snapshot of what millions of Christians and other non-Muslims have experienced since the seventh century, when Islam "migrated" to their borders: violence, persecution, enslavement, and the destruction of churches.

All of these findings contradict the Obama Administration's official narrative concerning the unrest in Nigeria. For years, the administration refused to list Boko Haram — which has slaughtered more Christians and "apostates" than even ISIS — as a terrorist organization. It finally did so in November 2013, after several years of pressure from lawmakers, human rights activists, and lobbyists.

Even so, the Obama Administration refuses to associate Boko Haram — an organization that defines itself in purely Islamic terms — with Islam, just as it refuses to associate the Islamic State with Islam. Although Boko Haram and its allies have yet to miss a year when they do not bomb or burn several churches during Christmas or Easter celebrations, on Easter Day, 2012, after the organization had murdered 39 Christian worshippers, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Johnnie Carson said: "I want to take this opportunity to stress one key point and that is that religion is not driving extremist violence" in the Muslim-majority north.

So what is? The administration attributes to Boko Haram the same motivation it attributes to the Islamic State — or as President Bill Clinton once memorably put it in a reference to Boko Haram's murder campaign: "inequality" and "poverty" are "what's fueling all this stuff."

That assessment is similar to the Obama Administration's claim that "a lack of opportunity for jobs" is what created ISIS; or CIA John Brennan's claim that the global jihad is "fed a lot of times by, you know, political repression, by economic, you know, disenfranchisement, by, you know, lack of education and ignorance, so there — there are a number of phenomena right now that I think are fueling the fires of, you know, this ideology."

Appeasing the jihadis has been the administration's policy, or in the words of Clinton's advice to the Nigerian government: "[I]t is almost impossible to cure a problem based on violence with violence." Countless decapitated Christian heads later, when Nigerian forces killed 30 Boko Haram members in a particularly strong offensive carried out in May 2013, Reuters reported that U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry "issued a strongly worded statement" to the Nigerian president: "We are ... deeply concerned," he said, "by credible allegations that Nigerian security forces are committing gross human rights violations, which, in turn, only escalate the violence and fuel extremism" from Boko Haram.

In the final analysis, Christian life in Muslim-majority areas of Nigeria is merely a microcosm of Christian life in Muslim-majority nations around the world. Christians are being persecuted and killed, their churches banned, burned or bombed. Thanks to Saudi petrodollars, the men behind the persecution are almost always "influenced by Wahhabi and Salafist teaching," and include not just "extremists," but also the "political and religious elite." In all cases, the Obama Administration looks the other way, while insisting that the jihad is a product of "inequality," "poverty" and "a lack of opportunity for jobs" — never of Islamic teaching.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7700/easter-christians-slaughtered

2 Likes

Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by jcross19: 11:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Is because islam is virus that kill faster than malaria.

2 Likes

Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by udatso: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oh ya Christians! Come and insult Islam And Muslims. Food is served
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by HaroldFinch(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
1. Boko haram killed and displaced more muslims than christians.....

2. There is no connection between the introduction of shariah in the North and the plight of christians.

3. The report is flawed with inaccurate data and more bias against islam. if its skewed to your favour, you can all laugh. If christians can believe the content of the bible (new testament) despite its inconsistencies, they can believe anything. I am not surprised.

4. How many masjids (mosques) were attacked?

1 Like

Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by Ken4Christ: 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Go on and continue to kill. Blood tasty Allah and his followers. You will all face God's judgment one day and end up in the lake of fire.
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by HaroldFinch(m): 2:04am On Mar 31, 2016
Ken4Christ:
Go on and continue to kill. Blood tasty Allah and his followers. You will all face God's judgment one day and end up in the lake of fire.

Matthew 7:1-5
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 03, 2016
HaroldFinch:

2. There is no connection between the introduction of shariah in the North and the plight of christians.

3. The report is flawed with inaccurate data and more bias against islam. if its skewed to your favour, you can all laugh. If christians can believe the content of the bible (new testament) despite its inconsistencies, they can believe anything. I am not surprised.

All your statements are factually incorrect.

Boko Haram and its antecedents have killed more christians in Nigeria than muslims

There is a systemic media blackout of christian oppression in the north and it is largely ignored due to other nore pressing issues in Nigerian polity

Islam as a religion has provided religious basis for the slaughter of millions of people and is still doing so
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by promise101: 1:44am On May 04, 2016
HaroldFinch:

Please, can you quietly point out any inconsistency in the NT?
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by promise101: 1:45am On May 04, 2016
HaroldFinch:

Please, can you quietly point out any inconsistency in the NT, if you don't want to look like a fool.
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by HaroldFinch(m): 6:27am On May 04, 2016
promise101:

Please, can you quietly point out any inconsistency in the NT, if you don't want to look like a fool.

1)How many generations were there between Abraham to David? Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations. Matthew 1:12-16 lists thirteen generations.
2)Who approached Jesus? (Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant. (Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews.
3) Paul’s attendants heard the miraculous voice and stood speechless. Acts 9:7 Paul’s attendants did not hear the voice and were prostrate. Acts 22:9 & 26:14
For a detailed regarding this issue, read
http://www.infidels.org/library/magazines/tsr/1994/1/1voice94.html
4) Was she dead or just dying? (Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying.
5) Just what did Jesus instruct them to take? (Matthew 10:10) Jesus instructed them not to take a staff, not to wear sandals. (Mark 6:8-9) Jesus instructed his disciples to wear sandals and take a staff on their journey.
6) When did the fig tree hear of its doom? (Matthew 21:17-19) Jesus cursed the fig tree after purging the temple. (Mark 11:14-15 & 20) He cursed it before the purging.
7) Was John the Baptist Elias? "This is Elias which was to come." Matthew 11:14 "And they asked him, what then? Art thou Elias? And he said I am not." John l:21
cool Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt.
9) Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain.
10) Where did the devil take Jesus first? (Matthew 4:5-cool The Devil took Jesus first to the parapet of the temple, then to a high place to view all the Kingdoms of the world. (Luke 4:5-9) The Devil took Jesus first to a high place to view the kingdoms, then to the parapet of the temple.
11) What color was the robe the blessed Jesus was put in? And they stripped him and put a scarlet robe upon him. (Matthew 27:28). And the soldiers plaited a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and arrayed him in a purple robe. (John 19:2)
12) In 1 Corinthians 1:17 ("For Christ sent me [Paul] not to baptize but to preach the gospel"wink Paul said Jesus was wrong when he said in Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them…" Clearly one of these people is wrong, either way, it’s a contradiction. On top of that even Peter taught it, 1 Pet. 3:21, "and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also -- not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
13) Has anyone ascended up to heaven? Elijah went up to heaven: "And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." 2 Kings 2:11 "No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man." John 3:13
14) How many angels were within the sepulcher? John 20:11-12 two, Mark 16:5 one. Just incase that they are not mutually exclusive then say that in Mark 16:6 it shows that one person was talking but in John 20:13 it shows two people talking. Now that is mutually exclusive.
15) Where did Jesus first appear to the eleven disciples? In a room in Jerusalem. Luke 24:32-37 On a mountain in Galilee. Matthew 28:15-17
16) Where did Christ ascend from? From Mount Olives. Acts 1:9-12 From Bethany. Luke 24:50-51
17) The Elijah mystery: (Malachi 4:5) Elijah must return before the final days of the world. (Matthew 11:12-14) Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah. (Matthew 17:12- 13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come, and everyone understood him to mean John the Baptist. (Mark 9:13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come. (John 1:21) John the Baptist maintained that he was not Elijah.
18) Jesus took Peter, James and John up the mountain six days (Matthew 17:1) or eight days (Luke 9:7) after he told them that they will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
19 Matthew 4:18-20 shows that Jesus talked to Peter and Andrew together and they both followed him together but John 1:40-42, shows Andrew followed Jesus first and then he went and informed Peter.
20) Who bought the Sepulcher? Jacob, Josh 24:32 Abraham, Acts 7:16
21) Are we saved by works as well as faith? Ephesians 2:8-9 says no and James 2:24 says yes.
22) James 1:13 says God tempts no man but Genesis 22:1 says that God tempted Abraham.
Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by oaroloye(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2017
CHRISTIANS OCCUPYING LANDS WHERE THE GOSPEL IS NOT WANTED IS A VIOLATION OF YAHSHUA'S COMMANDMENTS.

. MATTHEW 10:21-38.

21. "And the brother shall deliver up
the brother to death,
and the father the child:
and the children shall rise up
against their parents,
and cause them to be put to death.
22. "And ye shall be hated of all men
for my Name's sake:
but he that endureth to the end
shall be saved.
23. "But when they persecute you in this city,
flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,

'YE SHALL NOT HAVE GONE OVER
THE CITIES OF ISRAEL,
TILL THE SON OF MAN BE COME.'

24. "The Disciple is not above his Master,
nor the Servant above his Lord.
25. "It is enough for the Disciple
that he be as his Master,
and the Servant as his Lord.
If they have called the Master of the house "Beelzebub,"
how much more shall they call them of his household?
26. "Fear them not therefore:
for there is nothing covered,
that shall not be revealed;
and hid,
that shall not be known.
27. "What I tell you in darkness,
that speak ye in light:
and what ye hear in the ear,
that preach ye upon the housetops.
28. "And fear not them which kill the body,
but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear Him which is able
to destroy both soul and body in Hell.
29. "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing?
And one of them shall not fall on the ground
without your Father.
30. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31. "Fear ye not therefore,
ye are of more value than many sparrows.
32. "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men,
him will I confess also before my Father Which is in Heaven.
33. "But whosoever shall deny me before men,
him will I also deny before my Father Which is in Heaven.
34. "Think not that I am come to send Peace on Earth:
I came not to send Peace,
but a Sword.
35. "For I am come to set a man
at variance against his father,
and the daughter against her mother,
and the daughter in law
against her mother in law.
36. "And a man's foes shall be
they of his own household.
37. "He that loveth father or mother
more than me
is not worthy of me:
and he that loveth son or daughter
more than me
is not worthy of me.
38. "And he that taketh not his cross,
and followeth after me,
is not worthy of me."

THE DEATHS OF THOSE CHRISTIANS IS THEIR OWN FAULT.

They ALLOWED THEMSELVES to be BETRAYED by their CHOSEN CHURCH LEADERS, who told them that THEIR VIOLATION OF YAHSHUA'S COMMANDMENT was APPROVED BY GOD.

A thing which THEY CANNOT SAY that they DID NOT KNOW was a LIE.
. MATTHEW 28:16-20.

16. Then the Eleven Disciples
went away into Galilee,
into a mountain where
Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him,
they worshipped him:
but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came
and spake unto them,
Saying,
"All Power is given unto me
in Heaven and in Earth.
19. "Go ye therefore,
and Teach all Nations,
baptizing them in
The Name of the Father,
and of The Son,
and of The Holy Ghost:
20. "Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever
I have Commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto The End of The World."
Amen.

ALL CHRISTIANS KNOW THAT THIS WAS ONE OF THE LAST THINGS YAHSHUA TAUGHT HIS DISCIPLES, BUT DELIBERATELY IGNORE IT, SO THAT THEIR CHOSEN LEADERS CAN INTRODUCE THEIR OWN COMMANDMENTS CONTRARY TO YAHSHUA'S EXPLICITLY STATED COMMANDMENTS.

Breaking these Commandments makes it possible to kill Christians.

. LUKE 16:1-15.

AND he said also unto his Disciples,

"There was a certain rich man,
which had a steward;
and the same was accused unto him
that he had wasted his goods.
2. "And he called him, and said unto him

'HOW IS IT THAT
I HEAR THIS OF THEE?
GIVE AN ACCOUNT
OF THY STEWARDSHIP;
FOR THOU MAYEST BE
NO LONGER STEWARD.'

3. "Then the steward said within himself,

'WHAT SHALL I DO?
FOR MY LORD TAKETH AWAY FROM ME
THE STEWARDSHIP:
I CANNOT DIG,
TO BEG I AM ASHAMED.
4. 'I AM RESOLVED WHAT TO DO,
THAT, WHEN I AM
PUT OUT OF THE STEWARDSHIP,
THEY MAY RECEIVE ME
INTO THEIR HOUSES.'

5. "So he called every one
of his lord's debtors unto him,
and said unto the first,

'HOW MUCH OWEST THOU UNTO MY LORD?'

6. "And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES OF OIL.'

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL,
AND SIT DOWN QUICKLY,
AND WRITE FIFTY.'

7. "Then said he to another,

'AND HOW MUCH OWEST THOU?'

And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES OF WHEAT.'

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL,
AND WRITE FOURSCORE.'

8. "And the lord commended the unjust steward,
because he had done wisely:
for the Children of this World
are in their Generation
wiser than the Children of Light.
9. "And I say unto you,

'MAKE TO YOURSELVES FRIENDS
OF THE MAMMON
OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS;
THAT, WHEN YE FAIL,
THEY MAY RECIEVE YOU
INTO EVERLASTING HABITATIONS.'

10. "He that is Faithful
in that which is Least
is Faithful also in Much:
and he that is Unjust in the Least
is Unjust also in Much.
11. "If therefore ye have not been
Faithful in the Unrighteous Mammon,
who will commit to your trust
The True Riches?
12. "And if ye have not
been Faithful
in that which is
another man's,
who shall give you
that which is your own?
13. "No Servant can
serve two Masters:
for either he will hate the one,
and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and Mammon."

14. And the Pharisees also,
who were Covetous,
heard all these things,
and they derided him.
15. And he said unto them,

"Ye are they
which justify yourselves
before Men;
but God knoweth
your hearts:
for that which is
Highly Esteemed amongst Men
is Abomination in The Sight of God."

I WILL GIVE 10% OF MY INCOME TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO CAN DIRECT US TO A CHRISTIAN LEADER WHO IS NOT GUILTY OF BEING AN UNJUST STEWARD.

They ALL do it.

This is one of the ways by which BRETHREN BETRAY BRETHREN to CERTAIN DEATH.

Arrogant SENIOR BRETHREN crush humble JUNIOR BRETHREN, when they realize that things their Churches do violate THE GOSPEL, and tell them some LIES to cover up THE TRUTH.

ROMAN CATHOLICS join Protestant Churches for this specific purpose.

EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS join FULL GOSPEL PENTECOSTAL Churches for thus specific purpose.

Re: MUSLIMS SLAUGHTER 10,000 CHRISTIANS AND DESTROY 13,000 CHURCHES IN NIGERIA by CriticMaestro: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2017
islam is the biggest threat to the world?

(1) (Reply)

Shouldn't You Guys Just Let Some Religious People Be? / The Year Of The Elephant - The Attempt To Destroy The Kaaba Of Mecca / What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.