Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It (779 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Attempting To Heal A Mad Woman (Video) / “Bring Buhari To Me, I’ll Heal Him Just As I Healed Babangida” – Satguru Maharaj / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by paxonel(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2016
We all have huge responsibility
Let's not think of running away.
We all need to live happily here on earth in love and peace, let us not try to deny that fact.
This world that we are is the only place for us, it belong to us.
Only if christians will wake up from their day dream and face reality. Evil will continue to reign.
When the economy is bad, it affects christians and non christians alike, let's not deny it.
God designed it to be so for his glory.
So, when you go to church and pastor read old testament to console you that when there is casting down you will say there is lifting up, not calling a spade a spade.
I will shock you that we are not in the era of old testament.
Pls, discard the rapture idea and face reality, the world is waiting for you to think out solutions to it problems

3 Likes

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2016
Tell them. Let them hear. Too bad majority of them can't think past 1,200 or so total pages of the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Alezy(m): 8:25am On May 16, 2016
paxonel:
We all need to live happily here on earth in love and peace, let us not try to deny that fact.
Only if christians will wake up from their day dream and face reality. Evil will continue to reign.
When the economy is bad, it affects christians and non christians alike, let's not deny it.
So, when you go to church and pastor read old testament to console you that when there is casting down you will say there is lifting up, not calling a spade a spade.
Pls, discard the rapture idea and face reality, the world is waiting for you to think out solutions to it problems
Please what church do but attend? because even Christ said he didn't come to change the world so what makes u think u can change it??

You have an ultimate task, MAKE HEAVEN AND TAKE AS MANY AS U CAN WITH U.

1 Like

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by otemanuduno: 10:50am On May 16, 2016
Rather, let them pray for PERSONAL DEATH for themselves instead of GENERAL RAPTURE if they are tired of this world.

BTW, DOMINO REVERAD, the God of the BIG BANG is already here. LET ALL THE POWERS OF JESUS APOSTLES and Muslim Imam fall at the MENTION OF THE NAME OF GOD(DOMINO REVERAD) the father of JEHOVAH the rebellious child who turned the world into a cage of fear.

1 Like

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Brigance(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2016
If god, who initially had plans of perfection for earth can so Bleep the whole world up this way..

how sure are we that heaven is not as messed up?

or worse still, will not eventually turn out to be messed up?

4 Likes

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Amberon: 4:18pm On May 16, 2016
Dear dumb atheist,

Christians are not wishing nor praying for rapture to destroy the world. We have better things to pray about. Rapture is inevitable, it is immitent.

Y'all atheists think you're smart, but you're plain dumb.

Do you not know that the earth is a living organism? And like all living organisms it would eventually die?? The earth breathes, grows, moves, responds to stimuli etc like every other living organism does and surely it will die someday. (Not many scientists know this ) Yes and that day will be shortly after raprute.

So No! we are not praying for. rapture to destroy the world. Every Christians priority is to live in holiness, righteous so as to make heaven.
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by paxonel(m): 12:29am On May 17, 2016
Alezy:
Please what church do but attend? because even Christ said he didn't come to change the world so what makes u think u can change it??

Where in the bible did you read that Christ says he didn't come to change the world for better?
On the contrary, Jesus says in
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
what is the law?
Is the law not 10 commandments?
Thou shall not steal in order to make this world a better place.
Thou shall not bear false witness or commit adultery in order to make this world a better place.
Have you ever quantify the magnitude of positive changes imparted into this world since Jesus came to die and establish Christianity since 2000 years ago .
Where is the place of ancient days man to man slavery and all the atrocities commited by men we used to read in old testament and beyond?
Even modern day slavery is reduced to intellectual problem and not a function of physical or military might .
Today in Africa, i have access to education and live freely without the interference of slave masters.
This world is gradually moving to a better state, when you take account of history and travel out of Africa to see things for yourself you will know what I'm talking about.
men are gradually replenishing this earth as God commanded right from the day of creation in Genesis,this is the key achievement of the crucifixion on the cross.
Death and sin came through the sin of Adam, but Christ restored back that eternal life that was lost.
So, quit saying you want to make heaven, it ignorance on your side as a Christian.
Rather, say you are already in heaven here on earth through the resurrection of Christ, you have everlasting Life right now.
You don't need any rapture.
I have never seen rapture mentioned anywhere in the Bible, i think rapture is an error arising from the many doctrines of Catholic church in ancient rome.
Google it
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by flexybobo: 1:05am On May 17, 2016
Amberon:
Dear dumb atheist,

Christians are not wishing nor praying for rapture to destroy the world. We have better things to pray about. Rapture is inevitable, it is immitent.

Do you not know that the earth is a living organism? And like all living organisms it would eventually die?? The earth breathes, grows, moves, responds to stimuli etc like every other living organism does and surely it will die someday. (Not many scientists know this ) Yes and that day will be shortly after raprute.

So No! we are not praying for. rapture to destroy the world. Every Christians priority is to live in holiness, righteous so as to make heaven.
ok, christians don't pray for rapture but they are threatened by it to keep them morally upright on this earth ?
that means, without the threat of rapture and end time christians can never be morally upright?
mr scientist,
if you say the earth is living organism what organ of respiration do the earth possess?
the nose?
if the earth is organism what then is the meaning of habitat?
For me, i have my life to enjoy, i don't care about this rapture stuff and religion man

1 Like

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Alezy(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2016
paxonel:

Where in the bible did you read that Christ says he didn't come to change the world for better?
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
what is the law?
Thou shall not bear false witness or commit adultery in order to make this world a better place.
Have you ever quantify the magnitude of positive changes imparted into this world since Jesus came to die and establish Christianity since 2000 years ago .
Where is the place of ancient days man to man slavery and all the atrocities commited by men we used to read in old testament and beyond?
Even modern day slavery is reduced to intellectual problem and not a function of physical or military might .
Today in Africa, i have access to education and live freely without the interference of slave masters.
This world is gradually moving to a better state, when you take account of history and travel out of Africa to see things for yourself you will know what I'm talking about.
men are gradually replenishing this earth as God commanded right from the day of creation in Genesis,this is the key achievement of the crucifixion on the cross.
Death and sin came through the sin of Adam, but Christ restored back that eternal life that was lost.
So, quit saying you want to make heaven, it ignorance on your side as a Christian.
Rather, say you are already in heaven here on earth through the resurrection of Christ, you have everlasting Life right now.
I have never seen rapture mentioned anywhere in the Bible, i think rapture is an error arising from the many doctrines of Catholic church in ancient rome.
Google it

in other words, your saying o heaven? ? Christ won't come tge second time?? Jesus didn't make mention of him not coming to make the world a better place? ? and no rapture??

well of all u said, I won't talk about rapture because i have not studied about it, not read revelation at all but i well bring u scriptures on the others things. because we are here to learn and that can be done with scriptures.
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by ValentineMary(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2016
paxonel:
This is one of the most sensible christians I have seen on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by ValentineMary(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2016
Alezy:

Evolutionay process waste 2 billion years on ur head to provide a brain for u.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by ValentineMary(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2016
Amberon:
Dear dumb atheist,

Dear smart christian

Do u know the difference between a pantheist and a theist I guess u don't.

With this ur level of ignorance, why would ur imaginary God not destroy the earth

1 Like

Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by Alezy(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2016
paxonel:

what is the law?
Google it

i just got the exact place I wanted to show u. Please read LUKE 12:50-52
if u don't understand from KJV, u can use AMP or NLT. Jesus said it himself that he has not come to bring peace.

Matt 24:30 talks much about his second coming.

scripture about rapture. ...Matt 24:31, 1 cor 15:51-52, 1 these 4:17.

remain blessed
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by paxonel(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is one of the most sensible christians I have seen on this forum.
i think you are a smart thinker,
can i please get your signature? i really want to know you
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by paxonel(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2016
Alezy:
if u don't understand from KJV, u can use AMP or NLT. Jesus said it himself that he has not come to bring peace.

remain blessed
whether niv or kjv if you look properly you will be seeing the same thing.
you you need to do, understand the history behind the verse you are reading, now it takes thinking or meditation to do that.
for instance,
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: luke 12:52 For from henceforth(from that era Jesus was on earth before he was crucified ) there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
That means people of one family will be seperated and start practicing different religion.
you know, Jesus Christ came with the Christian religion at the time when the Jews where strongly into their Judaism (the religion God gave them through Abraham their father with the old covenant ).
Hence, in that old testament God forbade the Jews to go into idolatry because God regarded idolatry as the religion of the gentiles, so it was Judaism he approved for Everybody before Jesus came.
But with the coming of Jesus, Christianity was established at pentecost. Now God has rejected Judaism(old covenant ) and lifted Christianity(new covenant ) for Salvation.
Hence Jesus (Christianity ) is the only way the truth and the life.
that was why Jesus says in
luke12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three
which literally means his coming has divided the Jews (not the world, please don't get it wrong ) to adherents of different religions, some will practice Christianity that he brought, others will maintain their Judaism, while others will get fed up and start going into idolatry and different religions .
so, you see that when you follow the historical background of scriptures you will be see things different from what religion is currently teaching.
ok, you say Matthew 24 was referring to the signs of Jesus second coming?
that was a big error.
Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming(not sign of the second coming, these is where christians are getting it wrong ), and of the end of the world?
signs of the coming of Jesus to die for the sins of the world which mattew 24 described, is different from the second coming of Jesus.
infact the second coming has no sign, he is coming like a thief every people die and judge them.
it is appointed once for men to die, after that judgement.
i pray that God should give you insite to understand these.
they are the most sensible things i have ever read in my life.
God is so sensible, but christians are just doing mumu religion

grin
Alezy:

remain blessed
whether niv or kjv if you look properly you will be seeing the same thing.
you you need to do, understand the history behind the verse you are reading, now it takes thinking or meditation to do that.
for instance,
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: luke 12:52 For from henceforth(from that era Jesus was on earth before he was crucified ) there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
That means people of one family will be seperated and start practicing different religion.
you know, Jesus Christ came with the Christian religion at the time when the Jews where strongly into their Judaism (the religion God gave them through Abraham their father with the old covenant ).
Hence, in that old testament God forbade the Jews to go into idolatry because God regarded idolatry as the religion of the gentiles, so it was Judaism he approved for Everybody before Jesus came.
But with the coming of Jesus, Christianity was established at pentecost. Now God has rejected Judaism(old covenant ) and lifted Christianity(new covenant ) for Salvation.
Hence Jesus (Christianity ) is the only way the truth and the life.
that was why Jesus says in
luke12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three
which literally means his coming has divided the Jews (not the world, please don't get it wrong ) to adherents of different religions, some will practice Christianity that he brought, others will maintain their Judaism, while others will get fed up and start going into idolatry and different religions .
so, you see that when you follow the historical background of scriptures you will be see things different from what religion is currently teaching.
ok, you say Matthew 24 was referring to the signs of Jesus second coming?
that was a big error.
Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming(not sign of the second coming, these is where christians are getting it wrong ), and of the end of the world?
signs of the coming of Jesus to die for the sins of the world which mattew 24 described, is different from the second coming of Jesus.
infact the second coming has no sign, he is coming like a thief everyday people die and judge them.
it is appointed once for men to die, after that judgement.
i pray that God should give you insite to understand these.
they are the most sensible things i have ever read in my life.
God is so sensible, but christians are just doing mumu religion..
1 thes and 1 cor, did not talk about rapture, rather they were referring to resurrection of the dead here on earth. (what the saducees refused to believe).
read the whole chapters again
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by ValentineMary(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2016
paxonel:
i think you are a smart thinker, can i please get your signature? i really want to know you
U can whatsapp me @ +2348107432150
Re: Christians Shld Heal This World Rather Than Wishing Rapture To Come & Destroy It by paxonel(m): 11:01am On May 19, 2016
ValentineMary:
U can whatsapp me @ +2348107432150
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Do You Normally Give Testimonies In Church? / Some Interesting Facts About The Bible. / Question For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.