Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) (45007 Views)

CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi In All White At The Beach With His Boys (Photos) / Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
chowlade:
so he came on a big limo and four planes. .chisos..I wanna marry a yoruba king cheesy

Ooni is not a just Yoruba king. He is a reincarnation of Oduduwa himself. When you marry Onigan of Igan, you will be disappointed. All hail Ojaja 11.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Dirkcoyt: 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
orakao8:
MEANING?...POLITICIANS COMING TO SEE THE OBA OF BENIN DOES NOT ADD ANYTHING TO HIM...RATHER..IT SHOWS THEY HAVE ENORMOUS RESPECT FOR HIM BECAUSE HE DIESN'T WALK UP AND DOWN wink

Respect? Let your oba keep stroking his ego while proactive ones keep eating the cake.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by spanishkid(m): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

Ibo man and hatred for everyone. Only God can help you people.
I pity you.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by EmeritusMbaM: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
spanishkid:
I pity you.

What have i done to you?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by spanishkid(m): 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

What have i done to you?
Stop this unnecessary competition. I'm a pure Edo man and a true son of SS region. I honestly don't like the way some of you nairaland igbos do things. It's not right. I used to be a very big tribalist here but I realized that if we must grow we must work together. Even if we should go our separate ways, let's do it in the proper way. How do you want SS to join you in your biafran struggle if you continue like this? I personally I'm tired of hausa/fulani hegemony. I suggest we go back to the days of our regional govt or better still divide. But bros the way you're going about this whole secession thing is not so. First of all, you need to form an alliance with SS. That way you guys will have a very strong following and get some people from the middle belt too. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. What do you think?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by modath(f): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
ilyas26:

This is really good stuff bro, your brain dey work

Ayam not a bro, Ayam a sis. smiley

Ghels brains dey work too. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by EmeritusMbaM: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
spanishkid:
top this unnecessary competition. I'm a pure Edo man and a true son of SS region. I honestly don't like the way some of you nairaland igbos do things. It's not right. I used to be a very big tribalist here but I realized that if we must grow we must work together. Even if we should go our separate ways, let's do it in the proper way. How do you want SS to join you in your biafran struggle if you continue like this? I personally I'm tired of hausa/fulani hegemony. I suggest we go back to the days of our regional govt or better still divide. But bros the way you're going about this whole secession thing is not so. First of all, you need to form an alliance with SS. That way you guys will have a very strong following and get some people from the middle belt too. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. What dou think?

Sorry, I think your post is meant for someone else. I am not Ibo and cant see where i mentioned Edo in any of my post.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by abimic(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Heheheh, this is serious, my country is in for a long thing!
Can this long entourage follow him down to Heathrow airport? and I hope those drums and local instruments ain't making noises o disturbing other people's peace. It's well! Nigeria for the well to do only.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by abimic(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
chowlade:
so he came on a big limo and four planes. .chisos..I wanna marry a yoruba king cheesy
And be the 45th wife!?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by shugaboy6102(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
iyb:
igbos didnt have order until Europeans brought it to them grin grin grin grin grin. that is why igbos are disrespectful to their elders infact they don't respect anybody. if you have money they will respect if you dont well sorry for you but yoruba and hausa they are orderly and have respect for their elders they have a well established structure long before the coming of the Europeans that is why there is less chaos in the south west and the north
please don't turn this to a religious section and by the way what do u know about RESPECT,please don't say things about other peoples tribes u don't know......
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lionhearted511:
A revered traditional ruler like the Ooni shouldn't be seen at every social or political event no matter the circumstance or his ties to the celebrant. The Oba of Benin will never leave the palace to visit anybody even the president except such person comes to visit him in Benin. It is part of tradition. That accounts for the degree of respect and reverence the binis accord the palace. So much familiarity breeds contempt.

So Oba of Benin is now the standard to measure the conduct of all great kings
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

You dey mind this binis? Them go say na people dey come visit oba of bini, the truth is, in nigeria polity of today, oba of binis is inconsequential. How many who is who has visited him in 10yrs?

The truth is, if royal fathers don't go and meet these politicians to have the fair sense of belonging in matters of the nation you will be relegated, where nigeria stands you need to be in the know. If you siddon look naso dem go dey pass am for your back.

Dem think say, ooni,emir of kano,sultan of sokoto wey dey junket dey stupid ni?

Sheby the binis can see how they have been relegated in nigeria politics.

You will be surprised to know that most of these people shouting Oba of Benin this, Oba of Benin that are Igbos. They just want to create bad blood between the two kingdoms.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by iyb(m): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
shugaboy6102:
please don't turn this to a religious section and by the way what do u know about RESPECT,please don't say things about other peoples tribes u don't know......
What's religious about order and respect read you no gree lipsrsealed
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Boland(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Rexnegro:

it's a traditional doctrine You can't just change bro...so been inactive to such matter will help You rather than trying to express hatred. it's in all sector of life bro....military, church, mosque, organizations, schools, societies etc....
I'm expressing no hate here Bro...
We complain of bad leadership when we've given all the power to them..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by tomioro(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
This Oba is classy and a true ambassador of the Yoruba's. Long live the King!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by maureenihasee(f): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
BabaO2:
Thank God, the ashewo is not with him for this occasion

His wife is right beside him
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by tomioro(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lionhearted511:
A revered traditional ruler like the Ooni shouldn't be seen at every social or political event no matter the circumstance or his ties to the celebrant. The Oba of Benin will never leave the palace to visit anybody even the president except such person comes to visit him in Benin. It is part of tradition. That accounts for the degree of respect and reverence the binis accord the palace. So much familiarity breeds contempt.
That is why the Oba of Benin is irrelevant in the present day Nigeria and that is why Benin is still backward. The presence of the Ooni of Ife alone is enough to silence the so called politicians. Kabiyesi o, kade pe Lord, ki bata pe lese
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by maureenihasee(f): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

Respect? Let your oba keep stroking his ego while proactive ones keep eating the cake.

That is all we think about "eating the cake" , can someone think out of the box?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Dirkcoyt: 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
maureenihasee:

That is all we think about "eating the cake" , can someone think out of the box?

When I mean eating the cake not looting. I meant when fg is trying to allocate some benefit, the kind of politics we play in this country makes it look in way that the most heard voice get those benefit. Look at the Niger delta movement? Look at when the igbos talk about biafra, did you know how much popularity and attention it garner? One or two ways the fg has calmed them down with somethings.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by notoriousbabe: 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Na photoshop jo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by kosokoadeyemi: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kabiyesi ooooooooooooooo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by notoriousbabe: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lionhearted511:
you are so myopic and archaic. You better learn to move with time before you are left behind
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

don't ever mention the Oba of Benin alongside your 'fake' oba undecided
who is oba of bini? u sud be talking of Ogiso of Benin. ..we re not interested in bini land cuz yorubas r already having enough lands 200times bigger than benin. ...the igbo people owns ur land and your Ogisho kings.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by babdap: 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
chowlade:
provide your virginity test result.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by omenka(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
modath:

You do not have to like it, it's alien to you, some don't like the Europeans' monarchy as well, despite itO having zero to do with the general day to day running of the country & implementation of policies....

However, some of us find it curious that anyone with a little change to rub together can buy himself a certain "colour of cap" & then proceed to lord it over other people, no order, no structure in place!!!

There is a reason why there is only one head on a human body... only one heart in human engine room..

Even in the animal kingdom, despite being ferocious wild cats, a pride of lion will always have just one LEADER, i.e The Alpha Male that will serve as a rallying force...

Even in Democracy, we can't have more than one President, Prime minister or Chancellor...... having more than one captain steering a ship leads to nothing but chaos. cool
Someone attacks with a needle and you come out blasting with a magnum.

Na wa for you oo.

Used to think you were nice. cheesy
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
babdap:
provide your virginity test result.
dats nt d criteria. .oni married a fairly used woman frm benin remember?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by sam13(m): 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=chowlade post=44211367]so he came on a big limo and four planes. .chisos..I wanna marry a yoruba king :

Yeah baby I'm a Yoruba king in making will be waiting for ya
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by modath(f): 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
omenka:
Someone attacks with a needle and you come out blasting with a magnum.

Na wa for you oo.

Used to think you were nice. cheesy

cheesy cheesy

I'm a nice lady till you come for anything I hold sacred..... Imagine someone wey abuse full dem body dey try bend mouth pass hin boundary, next thing na to set am straight...

You don hear of "council" of VCs in a university or "council" of MDs in a company?

For the purpose of order & control, na one "head" & "council" of advisers or advisory body dey ideal!!! Too many cooks they say spoil the broth.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
tinubu's birthday!!!!!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by davidsgal(f): 11:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thunder fire poverty oooooop
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by babdap: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
chowlade:

dats nt d criteria. .oni married a fairly used woman frm benin remember?
Fallacy of Hasty Generalisation too Few examples
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's In Abuja For Tinubu's Birthday Event (Photos) by Oluwafatpet: 8:26am On Mar 30, 2016
chowlade:
5 Planes actually.......It seems good to me o
Marry me......"I'm Royalty"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fattening Rooms Of The Efik / Ubang, Cross River, Nigerian Village Where Men & Women Speak Different Languages / 4 Things Igbo People Like.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.