Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting (1664 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands / What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by gidimasters(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2016
Good Morning And Happy Easter In Arrears, I'm Writing this article not to show you how to root your phone but writing to guide you to know the difference between the advantages and disadvantages of why you should root your android device or not.

What Is Rooting?
Rooting can be defined as the process in which limitations are removed and the administrative privileges are enabled on Android Devices.

However, Android root folder and system files can be manipulated once a phone is rooted.
Now, the positive and the negative sides of rooting will be discussed below but lets start with the positive sides.

Advantages Of Android Rooting:
1. Free Internal Storage: Phones with low internal storage memory will be very much fast and free because applications installed on the phone's internal memory will be made transferable to your memory card after rooting. Some applications have the option to move apps from phone to SD card by default but the phone's inbuilt app(e.g playstore, contacts) will never have the option but when your phone is rooted, the option will be made available.

2. It Runs On Custom ROMs: With custom ROMs, you have access to many tweak and performance fixes which are more friendly compared to the stocked ROMs. It helps to increase the processing speed of your phone and optimize phone's performance.

3. Enables Special Applications: An Application called Superuser(also known as #SU) is the only application that will run on a rooted Android phone and not run on un-rooted device. Superuser allows user to control applications which have access to the "root" system files.

Disadvantages Of Android Rooting:
1. Bricked Phone: This is a common word in the phone rooting. Bricking means your phone will be unusable. It is easy to brick your device when you are not cautious of the steps to take.

2. Warranty: Rooting n Android device will certainly break the phone's warranty. When you un-root your device, your phone's warranty will be restored.

3. Virus And Malware: Whenever changes is made to the System code/file, there is a big risk of introducing a virus. Malware can easily breach your phone security thereby having the privilege to the root access of your phone.

SOURCE: Gidimasters Blog

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 29, 2016
U need Jesus. Rooting has no disadvantage if rooted well. You've not owned your phone if you've not rooted your phone. Where does warranty work in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Deeni131: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Movingcoil:
U need Jesus. Rooting has no disadvantage if rooted well. You've not owned your phone if you've not rooted your phone. Where does warranty work in Nigeria?

they said rooted phones don't last
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Deeni131:

they said rooted phones don't last
Lol who said that? Rooting is software issue not hardware. Software don't wear off but hardware does.
If you rooted your phone well and know what you are doing with it, you'll know it lasts more than anything because even a 2010 phone is still onboard with custom rom
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by ewizard1: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
For me!
Its a crime using a Non-Rooted device!
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Deeni131: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Movingcoil:

Lol who said that? Rooting is software issue not hardware. Software don't wear off but hardware does.
If you rooted your phone well and know what you are doing with me,, you'll know it lasts more than anything because even a 2010 phone is still onboard with custom rom

you mean a rooted phone can last up to that time without any issue? and I heard that even after rooting if u accidently delete one of the root files the phone get bricked. thats also a point where I must look in to cos I use to delete files in my phone from time to time.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by henryobinna(m): 2:14am On Oct 24, 2016
we keep getting this every now and then.

next year you'll see another person come up with their advantage and disadvantage of same thing.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by shedy03(m): 8:54am On Oct 24, 2016
I can live with the disadvantages.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Deeni131:

you mean a rooted phone can last up to that time without any issue? and I heard that even after rooting if u accidently delete one of the root files the phone get bricked. thats also a point where I must look in to cos I use to delete files in my phone from time to time.
Explain what you mean by root files, I've seen none in my phone or maybe it is safely hidden.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by pabon(m): 3:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Can someone please show me how to root my Tecno 8Th droid pad.. Please quote me when you do
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Tripleice: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
Guy 4get about doz guyz saying rooting av disadvantage....if u properly root ur device den u av no worriezz..
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Prudent200: 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
Movingcoil:

If you rooted your phone well and know what you are doing with me,, you'll know it lasts more than anything because even a 2010 phone is still onboard with custom rom
please am using infinix hot 4 and I upgrade it to 7.0 nougat version is it advicesable to root
Re: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Android Rooting by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2017
Prudent200:
please am using infinix hot 4 and I upgrade it to 7.0 nougat version is it advicesable to root
To be honest, I don't trust Infinix and won't advise my enemy to buy it.
I had a horrible experience with the first generation of hot note ie the x551 so have noting to say to you concerning the hot 4 cos it's been long I lost interest in Infinix.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

L8 Plus / Etisalat Finally Gets Under My Skin / Are Preowned Iphones Unlocked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.