Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) (1450 Views)

FICTION: Ummi, My Half-sister / Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! / Black Bird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) by PenAStory: 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/03/29/and-he-collapsed/

We stood in the middle of the room, still, the only part of our body moving being our hearts. Two lovers, locked in an abominable embrace. There was no need for words, the music of the beating of our hearts, the fearful dance of our eyes spoke of our fright. The second blow came crashing on the door rattling the teacups and saucers on the table which only moments ago, we had been sharing my father’s precious imported Italian coffee.

It was as if the whole house was suddenly alive with activities and movement. “They are in there, help me break down this door,” the voices came from the other side of the room. They were going to kill him if I didn’t do something, I had to. Slowly, I disengaged myself from him and went quickly to the window.

“What are you doing?” his voice was a fearful whisper as I flung open the window and stared into the darkness below. We were too high above for me to suggest that he take a leap.

“Do you trust me?” I asked earnestly, looking into his eyes to see if there was any sign of hesitation. He nodded, his face furrowed in confusion and fear.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I do,” his voice held a bit of more conviction this time around and with that I began my metamorphosis. The pain took over and I crashed to the ground as my wings fought to be set free. I cried out in pain as the wings sprouted from my skin and tore through my clothes before raising my bowed head to him. I stood slowly from the ground, half human, half bird.

“Take my hand and I will take us to safety,” I said with an outstretched hand and he collapsed.

Get updates on our post by joining our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

Re: And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Where's the rest?
Re: And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) by dammyluv911(f): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
more ooo
Re: And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) by dorox10: 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Op lockup if u no won post am here abeg move ahead, others story dey to cover.

Read my lips: move ahead...............
Re: And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) by PenAStory: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
It's a flash Fiction

(1) (Reply)

Be An Author Of A Government Textbook,be Immortalized Without Writing A Sentence / Paint Me Purple By Tarina Jones For Mobilebookshelf [votes] / Who Are Your Favourite Nigerian Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.