Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Please I Need Critique For This Logo! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Please I Need Critique For This Logo! (1633 Views)

Please Guys I Know It Is Not Perfect But Please Critique This Logo / Logo Designers In The House, Pls I Need You To Critique This Logo / LOGO DESIGN: Rate This Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by deturla: 7:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
I am a lifestyle blogger and lifestyle photographer, a friend designed this logo for me and I need you guys to please help me critique the logo!

I will appreciate your feedback!

Thanks....

Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Archmage(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
it's does not express 'style' in any way-it fails to strike your blog's selling point. the elements are not coherent. those lenses are a big NO-quite unnecessary. I think the colours were picked mindlessly. then the typeface choice is very poor. overall, its below par. why don't you get a pro to design your logo.
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by deturla: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Archmage:
it's does not express 'style' in any way-it fails to strike your blog's selling point. the elements are not coherent. those lenses are a big NO-quite unnecessary. I think the colours were picked mindlessly. then the typeface choice is very poor. overall, its below par. why don't you get a pro to design your logo.

How do you mean it doesn't promote my blog selling point! I needed something that will be a mix of blogging and photography and I came up with my blog acronyms and cam lenses! Brown is my official colour!

Can you explain more please?
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Roks(m): 1:28am On Mar 30, 2016
It looks like the logo of dbanj record label, one can easily mistake it for that
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by deturla: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Roks:
It looks like the logo of dbanj record label, one can easily mistake it for that

Does it mean it's a wrong logo for a combination of blogging and photography?
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Maximus85(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2016
I don't really know what to say but I just feel something is wrong with the image. I can't call it a logo.

Ask yourself.... Does this identifies or describe my business?
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by wabdesigns(m): 10:30am On Mar 31, 2016
That is not a logo....a good logo design does not make use cliparts and pictures

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Yea what they said... A lil But you don't need to include camera lenses to suggest your photography bit. Also brown isn't exactly a decent fit for photography ...unless you're a food photographer shooting mainly chocolate treats & goodies. Just my honest opinion. The Brown isn't exactly a great fit on grey, a good knowledge on colour theory & eye for detail is required. Just what is your full blog name please?
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by deturla: 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
66Kazna99:
Yea what they said... A lil But you don't need to include camera lenses to suggest your photography bit. Also brown isn't exactly a decent fit for photography ...unless you're a food photographer shooting mainly chocolate treats & goodies. Just my honest opinion. The Brown isn't exactly a great fit on grey, a good knowledge on colour theory & eye for detail is required. Just what is your full blog name please?

www.deedeesblog.com
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2016
deturla:

www.deedeesblog.com

Cool looking blog bruh. I'm viewing it on mobile though. The home page shows the logo at the top. IMO, it doesn't clearly register to an average website surfer on the street that it's Deedee's blog cos of the logo. Maybe its cos I'm on mobile, I dunno but most blogs I've seen carry the blog's full name sometimes or most times but my point is the logo should be able to communicate the name & description of the blog or what the blog is about. I'm still learning to conceptualize when it comes to logo design but your logo would be better with a different font & design. I'm new to Corel draw but when I get an idea about something, I sketch it out. I believe your friend can still do better with another logo though, you should challenge him. That way he'll improve as well & would be glad you gave him a nudge. I have some ideas as well, just need to improve my skills to show it.
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by deturla: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2016
66Kazna99:

Cool looking blog bruh. I'm viewing it on mobile though. The home page shows the logo at the top. IMO, it doesn't clearly register to an average website surfer on the street that it's Deedee's blog cos of the logo. Maybe its cos I'm on mobile, I dunno but most blogs I've seen carry the blog's full name sometimes or most times but my point is the logo should be able to communicate the name & description of the blog or what the blog is about. I'm still learning to conceptualize when it comes to logo design but your logo would be better with a different font & design. I'm new to Corel draw but when I get an idea about something, I sketch it out. I believe your friend can still do better with another logo though, you should challenge him. That way he'll improve as well & would be glad you gave him a nudge. I have some ideas as well, just need to improve my skills to show it.

Can you help me with something?, let me pm you...drop your details for me please. Thanks
Re: Please I Need Critique For This Logo! by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2016
deturla:

Can you help me with something?, let me pm you...drop your details for me please. Thanks

My Whatsapp 07052940887

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn Your Pictures Into Cartoon With Android Application (picsart) / Kindly Chat Us For Your 3d Logo, flyer business card / NTSC To PAL Video Converter Now Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.