Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Curious - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Curious (60394 Views)

The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:48am On Nov 08, 2016
rachealfst:
Welcome, its so nice to have you back. Nice update.

thank u

1 Like

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2016
iwakacome:
Finally smiley

yeahhhhh
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2016
Julietogbo:
And girls like kylie truly exist well karma is a bitch Samuel is so stupid

i swear
Re: Curious by princessadeola(f): 10:36am On Nov 08, 2016
does Kylie think she will be happy stealing another woman's husband? welcome back
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
princessadeola:
does Kylie think she will be happy stealing another woman's husband? welcome back

it might sound crazy but they are people who derive pleasure from such

1 Like

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2016

Samuel slammed his hands on his steering angrily,he has been stuck in the Lagos traffic for over two hours now. Since his anger couldn't control the traffic he decided to chill and surf the internet to find out the latest on his marriage fiasco and lo and behold there was an update somehow a blog Gist Partner had gotten a picture of him, Adanna and Kylie and was running
that they were friends and that Adanna knew about the marriage. He wondered where they had gotten the picture from and now scrolling through other blogs he discovered the story had change with some claiming Adanna and Kylie used to be friends but the later snatched him. The comments in most of the blogs were hilarious, some people felt Kylie was more beautiful and
others disagreed with them, mean while they were some people who felt he was dope and also a genius to pull stunning ladies like that but the most interesting were ladies who probably have been hurt before by guys who
decided to pour their frustrations on him,some even went as far as raining curses on his generations to come,well since he had no business with any of
them he wasn't bothered. At that moment the traffic started move and quickly dropped his phone and focused his attention on the road.

Adams had spent the night at Adanna's house because he was scared of what she might do if he left her alone all through the night. He had slept on the couch not because there wasn't a guest room but he wanted to be close by and watched her carefully. Since nothing happened all through the night,he decided to make her a surprise breakfast,well since his culinary
skills were terrible,he decided to call his cook Huklan to lead him through. He was in the kitchen when he heard a car horn,he wanted to go and check who the visitor was but decided against it,since it wasnt his house
it would be very rude to do that.

Adanna was in her room going through the multiple emails her fans had sent to her when she heard someone horn at the gate,she was surprised because
she wasn't expecting anyone to come visit but even then she probably won't know if the person was a friend or for since her phone has been switched off since yesterday. She sluggishly left her room and went downstairs to see who this august visitor was. She was downstairs waiting for the person to come in,when she realised she hadn't seen Adams leave this morning,maybe he had something important to do. At the moment the door opened and the last person she wanted to see right now walked in

"What are you doing here?" She asked

"I live here I think"

"Where is your wife" she replied as she folded her hands across her chest

"She is not the reason am here Adanna,I came here so we can talk things through"

"No,there is nothing for us to talk about,now turn around and go and meet your wife"

"Last time I checked you were still my wife"

"For the time being"

"Really? And how or should I rather ask what will you do if you leave me?"

"That is none of your business, will you please just leave"

"Look woman,I don't want to be here anymore than u want me to be too,so can we as adults just settle. Okay"

"So long as you leave after saying your garbage its okay by me"

"Okay,well since you already know am married and you also in Nigeria there are a lot of polygamous homes so we could just settle and see how we can live out different lives and not upset the other"

"I can't remember you telling me I upset you before?"

"Am not talking about me,am talking about Kylie,you know she needs to move in with me now and she shouldn't be alone especially as she is pregnant"

"Wait, she is pregnant?" She repeated, any resolve she had in her mind as to why Samuel married another woman came crashing down,she felt weak all over again and she grabbed the couch and sat down because she couldn't trust her legs anymore. She never could imagine that a day like this will ever come,she starred blindly at Samuel and felt so much hatred for him,shecouldn't believe she ever loved this man "please leave right now and just so you know there will never be an understanding between because am leaving and will file for divorce as soon as possible"

"Are you sure that is what you want?"

"Yes" she replied and raised her chin to stare at him

"Well since you will soon be my ex wife,I hope you know you will have to find a place to stay and seeing that you don't have any means to provide for yourself, I hope you rethink your decision"

"There is no rethinking this,it is final and you cannot chase me out of this house" she screamed as she jumped off the couch to stand on her feet

"Really? Did you contribute a dime to buy this house huh?"

"Am not stupid Samuel,you and I were married and everything you own is as well mine and the courts will split everything into two"

"Lady don't fool yourself,what do you think the court will do for you,last time I checked we don't have any kids,so what half are you talking about? You have never contributed a dime in this family,you never gotten a job,all you have every been is a burden to me,just so you know"

"I have been a burden you say? Wasn't it your idea that I don't get a job so I can take care of the house better? Wasn't also your idea that we don't have any kids since you were not yet ready to be a father? Tell me did I get anything wrong? Just so you know Mr,I have a very successful website, I don't need your money,I will do just fine on my own" she screamed at the top of her voice

"Bravo Adanna and you are going to prove this little epistle you just spilled here in court how? You say you don't need me but somehow the so called website you claim is successful is being funded with my money. Well
that's not a problem seeing we are both co owner for it"

"Co owner from where? Like Adanna dot com is fully owned by me"

"But it was started with my money and weren't you just telling me how since were married everything I own belong to us,so therefore your blog is mine too"

"Get out you bastard,just leave right now fool" she screamed and picked one the pillows on the couch and threw at him

"Is that all you can do" he said as he dodged her missile and walked towards her.

"I believe the lady asked you to leave" Adams said from behind. Samuel was surprised to see him and wondered had w much of the conversation he had listened to but that did not matter as he took in what Adams was wearing since he was just putting on his pyjamas

"Oh,I see,I haven't been gone long and there is a new guy warming your bed"
he said as he looked from Adams to Adanna who was looking pale

"Seeing you got married to someone else I don't anything we do should be your concern,now if you will leave before things get ugly here" Adams said as he approached

"I did not come to fight you or anyone at that,am a much bigger person than that,I will leave right now but I will definitely be back" he said as he walked towards the door

"Yeah right,we are scared, now get out of here"

"I will see you soon wife" he said and walked out

Adams who had earlier listened to the whole conversation turned to see Adanna who was sitting on the arms of the couch looking pale. He walked up
to her and pulled her into an embrace

"She is carrying his child" she said as tears started flowing down.

"Shhhhh don't think of that,just think about how lucky you are to have missed bullet" he said as he used his hands to wipe her eyes

"He is going to take my website" she whispered

"No he cannot and even if he had claims to it like he said we will battle it out in court" he replied as he pulled her up and stared in her eyes "you are not alone anymore and that's all you should put your mind on" he said
and kissed her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious by kejibabe(f): 8:35am On Nov 10, 2016
samuel will soon face reality, it is only a matter of time. weldone sis
Re: Curious by princessadeola(f): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Samuel is a fool for believing he can eat his cake and have it
Re: Curious by stardomberry: 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
samuel is just an arrogant foolllllllllllllllllll. I hope he pays for is crime
Re: Curious by stardomberry: 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
samuel is just an arrogant foolllllllllllllllllll. I hope he pays for is crime.?
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
kejibabe:
samuel will soon face reality, it is only a matter of time. weldone sis

Thanks
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
stardomberry:
samuel is just an arrogant foolllllllllllllllllll. I hope he pays for is crime.?

I swear
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
princessadeola:
Samuel is a fool for believing he can eat his cake and have it

he probably think he is irreplaceable
Re: Curious by heemah(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
paulaspearz:

he probably think he is irreplaceable
Nobody is irreplaceable my dear!! Karma surely awaits him
Re: Curious by Nmaglit: 2:01am On Nov 16, 2016
Samuel has the mind to treat adanna with disrespect despiteeee his wrong doings. One thing I knw that hee will later regret it because kylie will nt be an ideal wife trust me because she is selfish n bad mannered
Re: Curious by oluangelkay(f): 6:17am On Nov 16, 2016
never reach to update again? I dont like thing long throat u r doing. But i pray Samuel suffers very well for his wickedness.
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
heemah:

Nobody is irreplaceable my dear!! Karma surely awaits him

true talk
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nmaglit:
Samuel has the mind to treat adanna with disrespect despiteeee his wrong doings. One thing I knw that hee will later regret it because kylie will nt be an ideal wife trust me because she is selfish n bad mannered

well said
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
oluangelkay:
never reach to update again? I dont like thing long throat u r doing. But i pray Samuel suffers very well for his wickedness.

lol na my time make i do shakara lol btw if i dont update tonight then it will be tomorrow, i have typed its just to edit and arrange some shii
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chapter 25

Adanna was lost in thoughts as Adams drove her to go see a divorce attorney his friend told him about. Who could have thought that she and Samuel will ever reach this point? She always knew he was not perfect but she loved him like that. This past month has been the worst in her life, every morning she woke up to see a new article about her and Samuel and just went she thought this nightmare was over,Kylie decided to release official photos from her wedding with Samuel and as if that was not enough last night Samuel posted pictures of Kylie's baby bum on his social his social media pages and the circle started all over again,her name was being brought up almost everywhere and now there is a new theory that Samuel got married to someone else because she could not give birth. One blog even went as far as
stating that they were told by a close family source that Adanna had earlier had six miscarriages and that after the last one she told her husband to marry someone else that will give him children. She couldn't believe people will go this far just to get clicks on their blogs and it didn't help that a lot of bloggers also ran the story too. Right now every medical blogger in the country was giving her advice and tips that will lead to a successful childbirth. She had chosen to be quiet all this while
because she just wanted this thing to die a natural death but its as if someone or something keep stroking the fire and is adding more to the flames, maybe she was wrong for keeping quiet all this while for goodness
sake she ran an empowerment website,how can she who tell people on the daily not to be afraid is just dumb not knowing what step to take. She hasn't posted on her blog since the fiasco started and when she tried
checking her mails all she saw were concerned emails from fans and some sadists who seem to think she deserved what was happening to her at the moment. Maybe she should just post on her blog her own side of the story maybe everyone will just leave her alone.

"We are here" Adams said as he parked the car. They both got out of the car and walked into the building together and was ushered in by the receptionist into an office where the were told to wait for the attorney.
Some few minutes later a very beautiful lady walked

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I had something urgent to carry out" she said as she took her seat across them and continued " My name is Ehi Agbo and you are welcome to my office,do you care for any drink? " she asked

"No,thank you" Adams replied while he looked at Adanna who nodded her head at him

"Okay then let's go straight into business"

Some seconds went by in silence and Adams decided to take charge

"My name is Adams Eko and the Lady beside me is Adanna Kombol,we got your contact from David Adeke he told me you were the person to talk to, if we wanted a swift and good divorce"

"Oh,so you guys want an amicable divorce?"

"No,I mean yes but am not the one she is divorcing its her husband am just her neighbour" he said and exchanged glances with Adanna who sat still like
a statue

"Okay, I get you. So Mrs Kombol I will like to know why you want a divorce.from your husband"

"He married another lady"

"Okay,do you know this Lady he got married to? "

"Yes,she was my friend"

"I see,was there any kind of violence while you were married to Mr Kombol?"

"None, he has never laid his hands on me"

"How long have you been married to him?"

"Does my husband have any right to any property I own during the period of our marriage let's say for instance like a car?" She replied,looking nervously at Ehi

"Well if your car was during the marriage and is considered marital property in that case it will be distributed in your divorce. This does not mean he will get it,just that the car must be considered in the property
division and you can ask to keep it. Tho in a situation where you owned the car prior to your marriage then its not a marital property. Have I answered your question?

"Yes,you have"

"Then why don't you look at ease,am not a child so why don't you go on and tell me what property exactly you are talking about?"

"Well,errrm the thing here is that we have been married for three years and I have never gotten a job because my husband said it wasn't necessary and some months back I started this blog and now he is telling me he will drag my blog with me is that possible?"

"Well it depends,if there is a signed contract somewhere between the two of you or if he can prove he financially sustained the blog"

"Okay,there is no contract tho and the money I used or should I say I have been using for my blog is mine,like over the years I have been over to save a little money on the side and that's what I have been using"

"Then he doesn't have a claim on your blog,truth is so long as he doesn't have any proof or contract,he doesn't have a case but even he tries to pull anything I think with what you have told me we could easily throw his claims out of court that is if you want me to represent you"

"Of course I want you to represent me that's why am here"

"Okay, first we need to go over some details then we can proceed to file for separation"

"No I want to go straight to divorce"

"Wow,so there is no changing your mind then,if that's what you want then that's what we will do" she replied and pulled out a file from her desk and proceeded to ask them some questions and jot some points down,it didn't
take long and she assured them that the next time they see they will cover the basis and can start the court proceedings. They left her office satisfied and had a quick lunch at a restaurant on their way home.

On reaching her house,they got the surprise of their life when they discovered Kylie had moved in and Samuel was also in the house . Judging from the way there were relaxed and watching a movie,it was obvious they
have been around for a while. Adanna let go of Adams hands and walked in front of them

"What is going on here?"

"Hello soon to be ex wife,where have you been?"

"You did not answer my question?"

"Do I need to have a reason to be in my house madam?"

"You have five seconds for both of you to carry your filthy selves and leave my house"

"Excuse me Adanna who do you think you are to disrespect us like that" replied Kylie who stood up and lounged towards Adanna

"Respect yourself and take your big stomach out of my way,this is between my husband and I"

"Girl you don't seem to get the memo you are now old news adiĆ³s cargo get lost" she replied and slapped Adanna who in turn shoved her across the room,she stumped out of the sitting room and into the kitchen.

Somi had been interviewing Kylie and Samuel when she became pressed and had to use the bathroom. She was just cleaning herself up when she heard angry voices coming from the house, she quickly left the bathroom and went to see what the commotion was all about,she hid behind a pillar and peeped to see who were the people involved and lo and behold it was Kylie and Adanna exchanging words. She knew she was betraying Kylie's trust but juicy news like this don't come everyday and since she had her handbag with her,she
quietly brought out her phone and started recording,this will definitely rock the media and its just perfect that this exclusive will come from her.

Adanna dashed into the kitchen and hurriedly went to shelves where they kept their knifes and carried one and rushed back outside. Pointing the knife at Samuel and Kylie she said "You have five seconds to leave now if
not the next thing attached to your names will be RIP" she screamed while mobing towards them.

Kylie who was afraid hid behind Samuel "You cannot do anything,senseless woman,you think you are strong come,I wonder if you think that knife with make us fear you or what?" She said still hiding behind him.

"One,two,three,four" replied Adanna as she kept walking towards them

Adams who had been standing like a statue quickly sprung to life as he realised that if he did not act or intervene Adanna was going to do something she will regret. Walking towards her he said "Adanna please put the knife down,it hasn't reached that point yet,don't do
something you will end up regretting, just drop the knife and we can settle this like adults,please am begging you" he slowly walked towards her,with his hands spread.

Adanna heard what Adams said but every emotion she had hidden this past few weeks just came flowing back and seeing the reason for her pain,she just wanted to end everything, was it so much to ask for, why don't they just leave her and she put an end to all this once and for all,if she killed them then everything will just be over. She wanted to walk up to them and just do like her mind is telling her but for some reasons she just stood where she was,maybe it was because she couldn't bring herself to do it. Breathing hard and taking nervous steps towards them she said "Am not going to repeat what I said,leave now"

Raising his hands and slowly walking towards the door with Kylie behind him,Samuel said "We are leaving but this is far from being over, sometimes I can't believe I really stay with your crazy ass all this years am surprised you didn't kill me in my sleep" He opened the door and Kylie went out and he turned and faced Adams

"She might look pretty but she is nothing more than a wolf in a sheep clothing be warned"

"Get out before I loose control" Adanna said

"So you still had a little bit of control left,hmmm I never knew"

Before it could get any further Adams replied Samuel "look I think its best you leave right now"

"Of course I will,do I look like I want to stay under a roof with a mad woman?" He said and giving a mock salute he left.

Adams walked up to Adanna and took the knife from her and dropped on the table and pulled her close,with his hands on both her cheeks he told her "Stop letting them get into your head, you need to be strong,it won't be long all these will be old news"

"Am so afraid" she replied

"Don't be you are not alone" he said and wrapped his hands around her shoulders. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw a movement from the corner of the room
"Who are you?" He asked the lady who he can now see in full view but instead of replying she ran out of the house.

Adanna who only saw the lady saw the lady from behind as she ran out asked "Do you know her?"

"No,I don't" he replied still looking at the door as if the lady will magically walk back in.

" Do you think she saw everything that just happened? "

"I really don't know,I only saw her now but I don't think we should be worried her,we don't know her and I don't think she can cause any more harm than already been done. You know what let's just forget about this episode,
why don't you go up and freshen up and then we will just go somewhere and chill"

"OK" she replied and left.

Am sorry it took a while before I updated but I hope u guys enjoyed this chapter. Am not really conversant with the dealings of the court so if there is any error then the mistake is from me.
If you are on Instagram let's connect @purhla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious by Nmaglit: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nice pls mention me in ur nxt episode I don't want to miss out
Re: Curious by rachealfst(f): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nice update, more wisdom....
Re: Curious by Missmossy(f): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Keep it coming paulaspearz, Kylie and Samuel are so heartless. Things women pass through embarassed i really pity Adanna, Life hasn't been fair to her. More updates dear, kudos.

1 Like

Re: Curious by Temtopy(f): 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
wow I must confess this story is a blast . pls keep d update rolling in # i heartyou#
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
Nmaglit:
Nice pls mention me in ur nxt episode I don't want to miss out

alright na i will but just know you owe a keg of palm wine when i do
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
rachealfst:
Nice update, more wisdom....

thanks alot dear

1 Like

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Missmossy:
Keep it coming paulaspearz, Kylie and Samuel are so heartless. Things women pass through embarassed i really pity Adanna, Life hasn't been fair to her. More updates dear, kudos.

yeahhhhhh Missmossy is back,where have u been? Hope u re good?
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Temtopy:
wow I must confess this story is a blast . pls keep d update rolling in # i heartyou#

thanks alot dear,i heart you too
Re: Curious by Missmossy(f): 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
paulaspearz:

yeahhhhhh Missmossy is back,where have u been? Hope u re good?
Been around dear. Yes dear, over good sef. How have you been naa?? Knew you stopped updating one time didn't even know when you later did till i saw your story yesterday. More wisdom and strength to you kiss
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Missmossy:

Been around dear. Yes dear, over good sef. How have you been naa?? Knew you stopped updating one time didn't even know when you later did till i saw your story yesterday. More wisdom and strength to you kiss

thanks alot dear,i have been good jus waitin on this ASUU peeps to tell us where we stand
Re: Curious by oluangelkay(f): 7:02am On Nov 22, 2016
Paula!!Paula!!!Paula!!!!! How many times did i call you? Why are thou treating us like bad? Time never reach to update? Abeg i dey hungry big time and only you can feed me. Please come and update. Mention me also. Nice work though.
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
Chapter 26

Susan took a pack of juice from the refrigerator and walked towards her desk. She took the remote control and increased the volume of the stereo where Chris Brown's before the party mix tape was playing. Taking a sip from the pack directly,she scrolled through her emails while dancing to the songs blasting from the stereo. She was engrossed with what she was doing
that she did not hear the footsteps behind her.

"this is what you do in your office shei?" she heard from behind,turning around she saw Adams smiling at her,she picked the remote control and reduced the volume of the music. "lover boy what brings you here? She said
and gulp down more of her juice " do you want some?" stretching the juice towards him,which he received and took a sip

"see how your lip stick is all over the pack"

"yet you still drank from it"

"i only did that so you won't feel bad"

"get out" she said laughing and reached out and collected her drink from him "so what's up" she said as walked round to seat on her chair with her
juice still in her hands.

Sitting down,he replied " i just want to clear my head from everything going on"

"yeah,i understand" she said while taking a long drink from her juice "you know,you kinda looked hot in that video that leaked last week right?"

"tell me about it. My parents have been on my neck ever since,if i knew that lady had recorded what happened that day i wouldn't have allowed her go with that tape" he said and stretched himself before putting his feet on
the desk in front of him

"well you couldn't have known that will happen,well some clients called me but i told them it was nothing to worry about and that everything is still on schedule, i hope everything really ? She replied looking at him

" of course,everything is ready for the showcase,some need a little finishing touches and we are good "

"we better be because you can't make look a fool to all this people,its bad enough that i have to work with these snobs daily between with your new popularity from this whole Adanna saga we have been getting a lot of mails
concerning your work and some media houses have been trying to get you on their station tho i believe most of them are more interested in the love triangle you are connected in at the moments than your art but any
publicity is good and let's be honest with ourselves this is the most coverage you have ever had,so we need to start working out plans for you to be out there before your showcase"

"in other words you want me to ride this Adanna's wave and promote my brand"

"yeap "

"you know i can't do that,it wouldn't be fair to her and what kind of person do you think i am"

"you don't necessarily have to talk about you and her all you need to do is be out there and when they ask questions that are too personal you tell them no comment or you ignore it and if it will make you feel any better i can ask to preview the questions before the show begin whereby we can choose what question go on air or not"

"you can do that?"

"yes i can,but not everybody with that and at such we might loose out on this opportunity"

"so what exactly are you suggesting i do"

"take the offer but be very vague with questions concerning Adanna,in that way you get to promote yourself and also not saying anything that will
implicate you"

"hmmm,am going to have to think about that"

'hurry up with your thinking because time is a luxury we do not have and erm,well just so you know,i booked you for a radio interview " she said returning to her drink

"you did what?"

"you heard me,so hurry up with your thinking and lemme get back to the producers of the show and you also have an interview with a TV station tomorrow night,hold on don't interfere lemme finish, i told the network that you will only do the interview if they showcase your art which they agreed to,i already sent them an edited version of your earlier works on a CD which there will air so when you come on it will basically be them wanting to know more about you but i can't promise that they won't be
questions about Adanna tho"

"sometimes i wonder why am friends with you" he said dropping his feet down and reaching towards her to grab the pack of juice from her but she held on
tightly "because you can't do without me,get your hands of my drink joor" she replied laughing "if you want on go to the fridge and get for yourself."

He gave up struggling with her and sat back in his chair. Using his hands to his temples he said "how bout i talk to Adanna first before i get back to you"

"that's fine by me" she picked the remote and increased the volume to the highest "come let's dance" she said

"nah,am gonna have to pass on that,lemme get back home" he said and got up and walked towards the door turning around he said "have anyone ever told
you,how terrible a dancer you are? If not then am telling you now". Picking up the now empty pack of juice she threw it at him which he dodged "throwing things at me won't make you a better dancer" he replied grinning

"get out niccur and make sure you call me tonight"

"good morning"

"good morning,how was your night?"

"great and yours?"

"it was good"

"why did you not call me last night?"

"i was trying to get a hold of Adanna but i couldn't,i went to her house but the gate man told me she left earlier with a box of clothes and i have been trying her lines since last night but its not connecting"

"you don't think something bad happen to her right?"

"i really don't know,i guess i will just keep trying her lines"

"well get out of bed and start preparing because that radio show is in two hours and i have already promised them that you will be there"

"but i thought we agreed that i will have to talk things first with Adanna before we proceed?"

"yeah that was the agreement we made before she went AWOL now get your ass off your bed and start preparing"

"yes mummy,i will see you in a bit"

"okay,take care of yourself and don't trouble your mind over am sure she is fine,she probably just needs time alone to just clear her head"

"i hope so" he replied and the line went off,dropping his phone on the cupboard beside his bed,he stretched his full length across the bed before getting up and heading to the bathroom.

Adanna sat on the bed of her hotel room with her laptop on her laps,she had spent all morning going through her mails,replying those she wanted and deleting those with hateful comments. For the first time since the whole
Samuel and Kylie situation happened she felt like posting on her blog,at first she wanted to dive back in and just post the regular stuffs that was common her blog but on second thoughts decided to post about everything she has been going through,well she couldn't just post everything but at least she could just give a glimpse of what she has been passing through all
these weeks and who knows maybe just venting out might just help her on her road to recovery. Before she could change her mind she started typing

' Hi guys, its been a while. I hope these past weeks have been better for you than it was for me? Yes,I know you have been keeping caps on everything the media have been saying and I also know you have all been waiting to hear my own side of the story. I have been silent all these while because I wanted to be the bigger person and take the high road but I think that hasn't worked well for me. I tried to ignore everything going on around me because I thought with time everything will be settled but it did not. I wanted to find solace with my blog,after all the reason I created it was to have a positive thing that could uplift you no matter whatever you were going through but I couldn't. Each time I click to post something, I always shy back and I have received a lot of hateful messages these past weeks that have left me broken inside, am not going to pretend to be that alpha female online the truth is right now am so broken and drained it hurts,I wake up everyday wishing it will all just end but it doesn't look like that's about to happen anytime soon. I realized yesterday that I will soon become a single woman again and the way its heading I will be penniless soon too.In trying to keep to myself, I have left my blog and in the same way my advertisers have left me too. Also my safe Haven for positive outlet
has now been ransacked with trolls who decided to post all their frustration in my comments section. Funny right? And I all this just made me realize that of I don't take the reins of my life,soon there will be nothing to hold on to. It will be wrong for me to treat this chapter of my life like it did not happen,if for anything I have learnt since putting up this blog was that those stories we share help empower us and others out there and for that reason,every week I will post something about my life
and am going to begin with this whole marriage fiasco.
These weekly life stories will be called Adanna's diary and am not going to hide anything, I will be honest and live in my truth. I wanted to turn the comments off when
ever I post my diaries but am going to leave them on because am past that stage in my life where I will allow people's words hurt me anymore. To end this long epistle am going to answer those nudging questions I know you have.
Did my husband get another woman pregnant and then married her? YES
Was I ever friends with my husband's new wife? YES
Did I ever know they were seeing each other? NO
When did I find out they were married? THE DAY IT BROKE ON THE INTERNET JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON
I will like to go on and on but right now its not the time,I will update
the first diary on Saturday. Xo Adanna'
Just as she shut down her laptop she saw Adams on the screen,she quickly took the remote control and increased the volume of the TV.

Adams walked into the TV station with Susan,they had earlier gone for the radio which had been a success. He had earlier told the presenter that he did not want any question relating to Adanna or Samuel and he had complied. They had talked about his art and all the challenges he had earlier faced during the course of his career. After a while they had opened the lines
and people called in and at end he gave two lucky fans tickets to his showcase coming up next month.

"Don't think too much Adams,everything is going to be smooth like it was this morning,just watch and see" Susan said rubbing his arms

"I hope so" he replied. Before he could add more a lady walked up to them

"Hello Susan welcome" she said smiling and hugging her

"Hi Cynthia,this is Adams,I hope everything is ready?" She replied

"Of course,if you will follow me" she said and led them to the dressing room,where they were briefed on what to expect and a makeup artist came in later to give him a little touch up. A lady walked in and whispered in
Cynthia's ears and left. Turning towards them she said "they are ready for you Mr Adams,follow me". They both got up and followed her to the side of the stage,where she debriefed him again,telling him the position to seat
and how to walk in,after wished him luck she left them to take care of other issues.

" All the best dear,make me proud" Susan whispered in his ears and pushed him in as soon as she heard his name. He was startled for a bit as he got a glimpse of the audience but he quickly composed and smile like he was expected to and walked briskly to the host and kissing her on her cheeks and sat down.

"You are welcome Mr Adams Eko"

"Thanks for having me on show"

"So we just watched a little documentary about your life as an artist and we can all see that it took a lot of work before you got to where you are now,so I want to ask what were the challenges you faced while trying to
establish yourself?"

"My biggest challenge was my parents accepting my decision to be an artist, it took a while but they came around. Then another challenge was the fact that I when I began it was just me having a passion for it and not because I went to school and at such whenever I talked about my art with people they never took me serious and at such I just had to go back to school,I did a course tho it was beneficial because I got to learn more about art
and all"

"Wow,that's good. I guess your parents wanted you to take over their chain of consulting firms right?"

"Yeap but they never really said that tho but I guess they were hoping you know"

"Yeah,I get. So are you single?"

Shifting in his chair he replied "errmm,I like to keep my private life private"

"We are not asking for her name, we just want to know if ladies like us have any chance with you"

"Am keeping my mouth mute"

"Okay,I guess you want to keep everything low key since you and Sarah just had a baby and there is also all these rumors about you and popular blogger Adanna being an item .Congratulations on the baby, Speaking of Sarah and the baby,her latest Instagram post seem to state that you have been a deadbeat dad and not concerned about the well being of your child,she also went further to talk about a mystery famous lady you left her for. She
claims this lady is the reason you won't acknowledge your child. How true is all these allegations?"

Sitting uncomfortably on his chair he looked around and his eyes locked with Susan who looked as confused as he was,she quickly signalled for him to say nothing and he turned back to the host and gave a false smile and
said "like a earlier said,I like to keep my private life private"

"Okay,if that's how you like it but you sure have a juicy life,if you ever decide to write a tell all book best believe it is going to be a best seller" she said to loud cheers from the audience. "So one last question before you go,will you ever take charge of your family's consulting firms?"

"I don't know maybe in the future I might"

"Well I guess if you take charge then Mr Samuel Kombol will need to find a new job seeing as he work for one of your father's firm. It was nice to have you with us today,I wish you all the best with your career"

"Thank you" he replied

"Now ladies and gentlemen we take a commercial break and when we
return.......

As Adams walked out of the stage he felt like he was walking on hot coals,he ignored everybody and walked straight to the dressing room and sat down. It wasn't long he heard the door opened and Susan was barking at everyone to vacate the room and they quickly filed out and she shut the door after them. She walked up to him and placed her hands on his shoulders and her eyes met his in the vanity mirror " Am so sorry,I have spent the
last 10 minutes screaming at Cynthia and she insists that she had no idea that Grace the host was going to pull that on you. Am so sorry I should have smelt the trap from a mile away but I was so interested in using these currents and create a buzz about you,am so sorry"

"Its not your fault,from the beginning she made it clear she was out for a witch hunt" he replied still holding her gaze

"I never knew Sarah was pregnant"

"Neither did I"

"So what do you want to do"

"Honesty I don't know,I guess am going to have a paternity test done and then try to establish a suitable a support payment if the child is mine and probably try to get joint custody" he said and before she could reply he
punched the mirror in front of them shattering the glass

"Oh my goodness don't hurt yourself" she took her handkerchief and wrapped round his bleeding hands and pulled him off the chair and towards the door
"come on let's go and take of that."

Kylie was going through her twitter feeds when she started getting a lot of tags,checking one of the links she saw the latest between Adams,Sarah
and Adanna who many people believed to be the mystery lady. Smiling to herself,she knew this was not an opportunity to miss and she quickly sent out two tweets

"Geez some people are truly heartless #shameless"

"First you refuse to give your husband a child and now you prevent another from having a relationship with him child"

And just like she expected,the blogs fell for it and started running it. Take that bitch. She returned to what she was doing before the interruption.

After watching Adams on TV,Adanna felt so sorry for him and knowing him like she did she knew he was going through a lot at the moment ,she stretched to the cupboard beside the bed and carried her handbag and
tumbled all its content on the bed and took her phone from the mess and switched it on. She called Adams but it rang without him picking up,she kept speed dialling his line to no avail. Just as she wanted to send him a
text,something flashed the screen that caught her attention and looked at the screen to see her picture side by side with that of Kylie and her tweets were below,the news anchor was talking about her a lot of people were with Kylie and that some media houses were already gunning to have an exclusive interview with Sarah. The phone slipped through her fingers and fell on the bed and tears began to flow down her cheeks. She tried wiping them but more just seem to pour out of her eyes. What has she done to deserved all this, for goodness she has been minding her business and
somehow they just seem to drag in to everything bad,maybe she truly was this awful person the media is trying to portray her to be. Trying to find her hanky to wipe her face from the mess of things in front of her,she
removed a new razor blade she bought the other day. She stared at the blade for a long time and wondered why she couldn't just end everything right now. Who knows maybe if she stopped to exist then everybody's life will just go back to being normal. She came down from the bed with the blade still in her hands and walked to the bathroom. She turned on the tap and let the bathtub fill. Looking at the blade in her hands,she slowly stepped into the tub while the water was still running and laid down,slowly she took off her shirt. She brought her left hands forward turning it her palm side up and squeezed her fist,with shaking hands she placed the blade in her right hand on her forearm and started slashing down along her veins,she repeated the same step with her bleeding left hand on her right fore arm.
She placed the razor next to the tub and laid down in the cold water,trying so hard no think about the pains she was going through or the implications of what she had just done. Slowly she started to feel steadily weaker but
there was also a growing peace and tranquility inside her body and just when she wanted to fully embrace it,she heard her phone rang from the bedroom with Chris Brown's smooth vocals singing waves beckoning on her but she could not get up and she quit struggling and let the growing peace engulfed her.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.