Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11683063 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
Oh yes well

On the LB issue the options I found will need to request a switch from FIFA anyway lol

Mujtahida:

You said you were having some bottles na. See you raised expectations on the LB thing and now it's all poof. Why bra?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Joebie:
Oh yes well

On the LB issue the options I found will need to request a switch from FIFA anyway lol

Mention them irrespective of the issues related to switching allegiance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Joebie:
Sir, in fact I was compiling my own list of top 5 defenders that are available for Nigeria. Believe me I tried to formulate a way of rating these players and I realized the likes of Ehizibue of Zwolle FC, and Kenny Otigba are underrated. Both defenders have clocked lots of minutes professionally and have given good account of themselves, but have hardly had ENOUGH mentions on this thread or elsewhere.

Well let me digress. I've come up with an idea to respond and to engage as regards our arguments starting with the much talked about Tammy Abraham's case that trended yesterday. Many of us will get to see the voice and face behind my moniker. Just a way to make this more fun. And who knows it? We could make our beloved thread even more popular. I will be quoting monikers from on here, and I would even go on to address the likes of Pinnick and Onigbinde.. I will not stop there.. those English fans are about to hear weeeeen.. And you peepo that like EPL clubs pass your mama.. I dey come for una oh..

But first I'm asking for all of your blessings.. grin

TheGoodJoe Kog45 TheSuperNerd supernerd247 (haha) the two madam gidgbams in the house of course. tbaba1234 .. in fact i can keep naming please remember to apply forgiveness if I didn't mention you oh.

In fact I know it will be somehow if I don't attempt to name more monikers. So let me just try because anything I do, I want to do4luv14
I can tell you for sure , it's not going to be yet another just a blog like chrisooblog
All of a sudden today we witnessed new monikers. I'm even beginning to believe they are Zambians (OCT 7th is your date of banishment and for garnishment).. monikers we've never seen before talking about rashy rashford. They had the guts to put beloved Kelechi in their lips.. and some of us who have been loyal in this thread joined them.
lol.. Michael1! Michael2 Michael3! How many times I call you? Do like Angel Michael na

Sir ChrisKels I hail oh.. Anytime I see that moniker, I remember Kels.. that legendary musician when get some kind bad habits.. But I am loyal oh

soetanoreoluwa the pastor, oya pray for us.
komekn the scout above all scouts. Where art thou! The man when sabi the nook and cranny of England. he sabi all the kurukere.. even all our U10 players for England he know them reach their middle names.. I greet you oh!

Okay I have finish. No vex if i no mention your moniker.

Actually, I've been drinking

*cough* Ehizibue and Otigba were mentioned here severally.

Since, Otigba went to Hungary, my hand fall.

Ehizibue still dey project.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
bayulll011:

why cos they lost.

this same coach defeated Liverpool in carabeoa
they did not lose one match...they have lost many. They are in danger of getting relegated and he will get sacked before the season ends if they continue like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Abi where was Ekong playing when he first got a look in by Naija?

Ehizibue has played almost every outfield position in his recent career. I think that's utility seeing him now play as a RB. That's another VicMo right there.

forgiveness:

*cough* Ehizibue and Otigba were mentioned here severally.

Since, Otigba went to Hungary, my hand fall.

Ehizibue still dey project.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
Chrismario:

Oga forgiveness' client grin

Hahaha! Which client?

The question should be, is he performing well constantly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Nope but I've been aware of him since the u17 Qatar tourney and at Watford. I see he battles with his fitness most times. I wish him success sha cos the success of any Nigerian player is always a plus for our team. In fact we desire to see our players in PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern, Man U etc

Playing for a big club isn't what matters..

Getting playing time and doing well is the key.. I'm afraid the EPL isn't favouring our star players at the moment..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
Joebie:
Abi where was Ekong playing when he first got a look in by Naija?

Ehizibue has played almost every outfield position in his recent career. I think that's utility seeing him now play as a RB. That's another VicMo right there.

So, Hungary is comparable to Eredivise, na?

I still mentioned Ehizibue some few weeks ago and I am very much aware of what you are talking about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Danielnino00:

Playing for a big club isn't what matters..

Getting playing time and doing well is the key.. I'm afraid the EPL isn't favouring our star players at the moment..
Then our desire is for our players to get to the level where they get to big clubs and actually play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Then our desire is for our players to get to the level where they get to big clubs and actually play.

Exactly!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
Daninya11:
Onyekuru has 4 goals for Anderlecht
Bonaventure has 7 goals for club brugge..

Impressive campaign for both duo in the Belgian League

This makes me wonder if the NFF would be putting so much effort in capping them if they were foreign born...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Look at how Sir Icon4s held his reserve some time ago when forgiveness(and I do like his eccentricities) went on rampage. My respect for him tripled that day.
An insult is either sustained or destroyed not by the disposition of the one who insults but by the disposition of the one who bears it. Make una take am easy. Politics and religion section is full of poto poto (and yours truly has rolled in it as Joebie can testify) but this thread is an oasis, a safe house from the bedlam on nairaland.

Chai! Wetin dey happen for here we una come dey mention me? grin

Did go rampage for once? Hahaha! grin

I don't think I have yet because I go gaga.... grin who never know go know. grin

In regards to what you termed rampage, as a person born in .....I see it as self defence and nothing more. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
forgiveness:

Sorry for late reply. Very busy and phone problem.

From 70s to early 90s the lipsrsealed league was better.

When was the English premier league first televised? grin

How many European leagues were televised in the 80s? grin

How many European leagues had sponsorship in the 80s? grin

How much were the winners of those European leagues paid? grin

What we called Pro league back in the 70's and 80's was nothing more than semi professional league where students played for league clubs. That was the reason why so many players of that era left Nigeria to go study in America. People like Okey Isima, Ofoje, Patrick Ekeji, Kenneth Boardman etc....

They hardly payed these guys then. They played for the love of the game and the fame that came with it. I know some of these ex players in person. Someone like Stanley Okoronkwo is actually like family. I can beat my chest and say you know little of what you're talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
angry sad This Girona are stupid sha.. How can they score two own goals just like that ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Oga na. Otigba announced his intent to play for naija long when he was in the Eridivisie.
Don't forget Ekong also had a rough patch in Norway just after he made his SE debut.

forgiveness:

So, Hungary is comparable to Eredivise, na?

I still mentioned Ehizibue some few weeks ago and I am very much aware of what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
Yes! Same efforts. Onyekuru is in the SE set up. And believe me Bonaventure is in Rohr's radar.

We talking switch of allegiance. That does not mean guaranteed cap. Is Aina not still yet to get his first cap?

Danielnino00:

This makes me wonder if the NFF would be putting so much effort in capping them if they were foreign born...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
Oga na. Otigba announced his intent to play for naija long when he was in the Eridivisie.
Don't forget Ekong also had a rough patch in Norway just after he made his SE debut.

You were asking were Ekong played before he received a call. Period.

All the rest na stories. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2017
Abi na Eredivisie he play when he go Olympics? grin

forgiveness:

You were asking were Ekong played before he received a call. Period.

All the rest na stories. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:10am On Sep 24, 2017
goldfish80:

What we called Pro league back in the 70's and 80's was nothing more than semi professional league where students played for league clubs. That was the reason why so many players of that era left Nigeria to go study in America. People like Okey Isima, Ofoje, Patrick Ekeji, Kenneth Boardman etc....

They hardly payed these guys then. They played for the love of the game and the fame that came with it. I know some of these ex players in person. Someone like Stanley Okoronkwo is actually like family. I can beat my chest and say you know little of what you're talking about.

Hahah! If the English premier league did not have all those things you asked initially, na Nigerian premier league go get? grin

Why ask if you are aware ? grin

That buttress my point that NPFL na huge joke. grin EOD.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Honestly... I don't understand Chelsea sometimes. If a player can succeed at Chelsea, surely he is class. But again, you just listed a good number of Chelsea "flops" who have either gone on to succeed or are on the road to succeeding and proving their class...

Bertarad Traore is doing great at Lyon after a season at Ajax on loan. His move to Lyon is permanent.

Take a look at Lukaku now... he have had a tedious journey but he had made it to the very top now and can only get better. From Westbrom to Everton and now at age 24 going on 25.. he is at England's biggest and most famous Clubside, Man Utd.

Look at KDB... wow! he is just wow... amazing how he was never shown patience at Chelsea.

Even Sturbridge have done good at Liverpool but for injuries, he would have done much much more.

It is just that Sir. Chelsea is something else. If a player can go there and succeed... that player must be very good. Lol... I know Sir Forgiveness will smile at this very much because he is a Chelsea fan himself. But na true I talk shaa.... wink

And I did. smiley cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 12:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Truth is that people feel you must agree to their views all the time. If you don't share their views the next thing you see would be words like Babylonians, Bullocks, Lobotomy etc. It makes no sense. If everybody had the same views the World would have only one country with a single name. The way one person interpretes a fact would be different from the way another person interpretes it. So if some people don't see certain players as their kinda player it's their opinion. You either move on or comment without making someone feel they posting rubbish.
But no matter how anyone gets upset moms are no go areas.
That's why I post something but if someone tries to counter in a rude manner I just bone and move on. I hardly comment except it's coming close to an SE game cos all I always read are insults. We should learn to not always try and force your views down other people's throats. Just say yours and move on. We should try to be civil on here....

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
Talking about players that can just play for us without talk of allegiance switch. My brother I've found none o lol

Modified
As regards LBs

See as you raised our hope
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahaha! Which client?

The question should be, is he performing well constantly?

grin grin
Ofcos he's trying but not better than what we have here wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:42am On Sep 24, 2017
Then pls stick only to what you know and watch so you don't appear ignorant in public or spread false information.
forgiveness:

Watching Nigerian league pains the eyes. No long storri. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Chrismario:

See as you raised our hope

You go dey put your hope on what he said?

Two left backs that we don't know about here. Those ones na Super Eagles materials?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hassan960(m): 6:21am On Sep 24, 2017
baba na nigeria get russia 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 6:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Mickael2:

but forgiveness thinks they earn peanuts in Nigeria. Sha a consultant earns 801k, not sure any NPFL players is close
i think the highest are rabiu ali, gambo, another guy named chinedu all 800k, then ezenwa 600k

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2017
PietroRico:
this has dragged on way longer than it should and Frankly I'm tired.
This is the last I'll respond to, wether abusive or not.

Supernerd will be back.
Its only a matter of time before you all will see another episode of his, in an attempt to retract.

I'm back to reading from the sidelines

Your contributions are always welcomed. We are all wearing the green white green somewhere in our hearts. Forget sidelines.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Truth is that people feel you must agree to their views all the time. If you don't share their views the next thing you see would be words like Babylonians, Bullocks, Lobotomy etc. It makes no sense. If everybody had the same views the World would have only one country with a single name. The way one person interpretes a fact would be different from the way another person interpretes it. So if some people don't see certain players as their kinda player it's their opinion. You either move on or comment without making someone feel they posting rubbish.
That's why I post something but if someone tries to counter in a rude manner I just bone and move on. I hardly comment except it's coming close to an SE game cos all I always read are insults. We should learn to not always try and force your views down other people's throats. Just say yours and move on. We should try to be civil on here....

This is an example of a Babylonian comment. grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Dedebanky85:

I agree with your point on us making conscious efforts to act in a civilized manner here. With time we will find common ground.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2017
PietroRico:
this has dragged on way longer than it should and Frankly I'm tired.
This is the last I'll respond to, wether abusive or not.

Supernerd will be back.
Its only a matter of time before you all will see another episode of his, in an attempt to retract.

I'm back to reading from the sidelines

You better. You've done just about enough already.

If it was me and said all these about my mum to my face? I'd get a bottle and make sure it's forgotten on your head.

Bye.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
I've had my own share of arrogance, just because Rohr seems to be taking the tie seriously. Doing the needed home work on them. Abi haven't you seen my list for Algeria yet? lol

Hehehehe!

But I no see agbim for the lineup now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1575) (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: typicalgamer(m), 12large1, elyte89 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.