Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670378 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Attention to u gurus in d house, just saw another thread by SuperNerd tagged d rise of Nigeria next's golden generation ..... ..... .....

Honestly am not against d thread,good to have different threads on Nigeria football but my concerns was i w not be happy if what am thinking was what led to d creation of d thread (disagreemens here)if it's, then what do we say about forgiveness who people tagged tribal for expressing his opinions.

I hope SuperNerd comes back.According to Michael2, nobody is irreplaceable but we need a great bond here irrespective where we all come from and make things work.

Pls henceforth no matter d provocation, don't let us descend so low and attack our parents,is nauseating and absurd.

CC:guys in d house

TheSuperNerd has no right to open another thread. This is the lowest he can go because the dynamics of this thread goes back to years. He is trying to kill the sequence of the thread, which is very wrong.

I will not lie, I am highly disappointed in him. What is so difficult in coming back.

Imagine me running to create another thread when someone says I must be sharing a bed with Guardiola (Wa Lai that one pained me) or when people talk of drills.

Banters happen. One went too far. Having a tough skin and control is part of what has kept this thread civil.

Or, does he think there will be no fallouts on his golden thread.

Please, let us get back to football. Like when Onyekuru will score a hattrick for Anderlecht.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
Muazzam starts for Austria Wien

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
where were these words of wisdom yesterday?

I am mostly pissed off at everyone who said nothing while someone's mama was being called out. I was the one who had to cone here and report all of Pietrico's posts that insulted someone's mother. Was I the first person to see those posts?

No, there were two pages ahead when I came upon those posts, so, where the hell was everyone else when Pietrico was crossing lines and how come nobody thought to say something? It's now that words of wisdom are flying everywhere.

Someone has threatened to kill me on this thread, did I go and open a new thread?

And then Supernerd that I asked to calm down was going all batshit crazy on me for calling out his error. Had the guts to tell me he doesn't give a hoot my opinion,I was so pissed at that, me that has received insults here told him to stop and he just shoved me aside. If he had given a hoot and stopped being a kid, maybe nobody would have brought his mother up. My own mother has been insulted on Nairaland multiple times and she's dead, did anybody speak up?

There is this thing people say, that when you start insulting someone, you cannot dictate where he hits you.

We will not all react the same way to insults and while some people have limits, others do not. So, the next time anyone wants to throw insults, remember that.

I honestly did not read the comment that caused the problem. When once people are dissing and bantering, I feel nothing constructive can come out of it.

During the disses and banters, I skipped most of the comment. I only called on TheSuperNerd when it was getting out of control. I expected him as a more regular and old head in the thread, to be the one to promote control.

Until I read his reply and he saying PietroRico abused his mum. I called on PietroRico on it and others joined in to caution him.

He even stated that his partly feels bad about it. That to me was close to an I'm sorry statement.

Even PietroRico has suffered his own share of verbal hits. He made a mistake. It is our culture to forgive, make amends and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
haba ! The two feuding members should step out for 12 e lashes of koboko 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 good ! after that supernerd and pietorico should hug and become bros again. we all make mistakes. Now can we all go back to discussing our Darling Super Eagles. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
With the level CAF is tying to set for AFCON, only uyo, adokie amesiamaka in PH, Abuja, and teslim would qualify. If they decide to renovate National stadium in Lagos it could also meet the standard. Those Enugu, Calabar, kano stadiums are too archaic.

whizola:
pls how we Nigeria struggle to put 6 standard stadium together . from kano to Kaduna to abuja to river ,uyo , Lagos ,akure and Ibadan in the south west, that of Edo not exclude
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
emeka1101:

Ghana which has hosted more AFCON than any other country should rather be taking out?
Are you that ignorant or its just out of hate?

You are talking about AFCON. Nigeria has hosted two FIFA World cups. Have they hosted more AFCONs than Tunisia, SA, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea in the last 26-30 years?

Did you see the Ghana premier league when it was still on supersports? The stadiums were apologies.

Go back and watch the clips of the last series of 2018 WC qualifiers Ghana had the worst playing pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
Awaziem starts against Strasbourg..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dedebanky85:
With the level CAF is tying to set for AFCON, only uyo, adokie amesiamaka in PH, Abuja, and teslim would qualify. If they decide to renovate National stadium in Lagos it could also meet the standard. Those Enugu, Calabar, Is no stadiums are too archaic.

Teslim Balogun pitch is not acceptable by AFCON standards. it is astro-turf.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
But I remembered CAF using 2 artificial pitches in 2015 in Equatorial Guinea. I don't know if that was only allowed due to the short period....

Icon4s:

Teslim Balogun pitch is not acceptable by AFCON standards. it is astro-turf.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayulll011:

smh always paranoia.

do u think I got time for all the pathetic and unfortunate tantrums u kids do here.

for ur info the fact I don't comment doesn't mean I don't visit this thread daily.

I no notice u go settle your beef.
you've started again...
who are you calling kids....?
can't you have a civil conversation wit someone deviod of names calling and insults...?
please bro....you're a man..act as one please and let's all tolerate ourselves despite our contrary views

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bayulll011(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
Humility017:

you've started again...
who are you calling kids....?
can't you have a civil conversation wit someone deviod of names calling and insults...?
please bro....you're a man..act as one please and let's all tolerate ourselves despite our contrary views

Excuse you.
and u are

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
In as much as I'm not in support of Rico's mama calling gesture, supernerd is not clean.

He's no kid so I'm a bit surprise. He ought to have outgrown getting berzerk when his mom being called during online banter.

I hope he do come back.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
where were these words of wisdom yesterday?

I am mostly pissed off at everyone who said nothing while someone's mama was being called out. I was the one who had to cone here and report all of Pietrico's posts that insulted someone's mother. Was I the first person to see those posts?

No, there were two pages ahead when I came upon those posts, so, where the hell was everyone else when Pietrico was crossing lines and how come nobody thought to say something? It's now that words of wisdom are flying everywhere.

Someone has threatened to kill me on this thread, did I go and open a new thread?

And then Supernerd that I asked to calm down was going all batshit crazy on me for calling out his error. Had the guts to tell me he doesn't give a hoot my opinion,I was so pissed at that, me that has received insults here told him to stop and he just shoved me aside. If he had given a hoot and stopped being a kid, maybe nobody would have brought his mother up. My own mother has been insulted on Nairaland multiple times and she's dead, did anybody speak up?

There is this thing people say, that when you start insulting someone, you cannot dictate where he hits you.

We will not all react the same way to insults and while some people have limits, others do not. So, the next time anyone wants to throw insults, remember that.

Are there any kids here that we will always caution every time?

How many times have you sounded it here that the best way out of situations like this is to know when to stop, back out and move on?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ehizibue scored today against k. Nwakali's Venlo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayulll011:

Excuse you. and u are
no need waste my MB talking to you.....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
tbaba1234:

To be honest, i did not read most of the argument and insults, still haven't.... When some discussions arise, i just gloss over them and read more important conversations/comments.

I did not know, names were called till i read your comment and Thesupernerd's response. Several people stay out of arguments because sometimes when you try to comment, you get entangled. Just like he seemed to attack you.

Perhaps, people take online activity too seriously. Come, discuss football, argue and move on.

Words of wisdom.

Many people here will never meet themselves outside of this forum and that by itself gives people the liberty to type things they can never say or do in real life. Person even fit insult him papa or oga for here and get away with it. Why take it seriously like your life depends on it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2017
tglobal:

Words of wisdom.

Many people here will never meet themselves outside of this forum and that by itself gives people the liberty to type things they can never say or do in real life. Person even fit insult him papa or oga for here and get away with it. Why take it seriously like your life depends on it?

I tire oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Take out Ghana and Zambia. And from the North African list take out Libya and Sudan. How many are left? Nigeria will also struggle to put together 6 AFCON standard stadiums.

CAF should consider AFCON once in 4 years as this will give enough time to the hosting countries to put together their facilities and also increase the excitement, expectations and glamour. Alternatively co-hosting option can be considered.

Consequently the WC qualifiers can be expanded to accommodate almost all the CAF nations in a bid to keep them busy as they wait for the AFCON every 4 years.

This is how it is done in Europe and South America.

Hmmm it's another another years of meeting to come to that... I don't see CAF doing 4yrs things... Maybe they should secure a good sponsor which Will really help those country to get their infrastructure ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria. Ghana has stadiums and have the finance to build more

Bro... Which Stadium ghana get? What's the difference between Nigeria Stadium and Ghana own?

Try check the pitch they used for their last qualifier...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

TheSuperNerd has no right to open another thread. This is the lowest he can go because the dynamics of this thread goes back to years. He is trying to kill the sequence of the thread, which is very wrong.

I will not lie, I am highly disappointed in him. What is so difficult in coming back.

Imagine me running to create another thread when someone says I must be sharing a bed with Guardiola (Wa Lai that one pained me) or when people talk of drills.

Banters happen. One went to far. Having a tough skin and control is part of what has kept this thread civil.

Please, let us get back to football. Like when Onyekuru will score a hattrick for Anderlecht.

No issues with him opening as many thread as he wants, particularly if it is about something he is passionate about. It may have been in the works for a while and his experience yesterday just served as a catalyst. He will get back and probably drop comments here occasionally as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

My brother I understand perfectly the angle from which you are looking at it.

But the thing is we are all adults here. Also we are all young men and women. I don't think any of us here is above 50years old. It means we are all youths and things like these are expected where young people come together to discuss.

I must honestly commend forumites here on how we have managed to conduct ourselves all these years here.

We have disagreed and agreed over a million issues here. Some of us have formed permanent allies and some have become permanent enemies.

Insults keep wearing it's ugly head sporadically and with time we calm down and then move on.

We have called ourselves names here: hater, tribalist, conservatist, Babylonian, anti-foreign born, non-patriotic, etc but never has anybody's mother or father been insulted here. No matter what the grievance is it is not worth the mention of our parents for insults.

Now I don't care whether TheSuperNerd started the insults or not, he has every right to feel the way he feels.

On the issue of he opening a new thread, whether it be as a fall out of what happened yesterday or not, nairaland is a free place where you chose to visit or create any thread you so chose or not. If he chooses to only post on the thread he has created and not here so be it.

And if you chose to visit his thread or not the choice is yours. But one thing I know is nature has a way of settling things out and this one will not be different.

Thank you !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
WC alert... Ewooooo, Patson Daka just made his senior team debut for Red Bulls Salzburg... Hmmm. He's really a talent sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Imagine me running to create another thread when someone says*I must be sharing a bed with Guardiola (Wa Lai that one pained me) or when people talk of drills*.

Banters happen. One went to far. Having a tough skin and control is part of what has kept this thread civil.

Goodjoe ....Lol, so sorry. Goldfish said that sharing bed with Guardiola, I never knew the thing enter. I always look forward to your discourse with Mikael or goldfish...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

I can only pick out 2 stadiums from that your list. That is Abuja and Uyo and then I can add the Adokiye stadium in PH. The rest do not have both the capacity and quality of pitch. It will require a huge budget to completely renovate those stadiums.

Sir I have you been to Obafemi awolowo Stadium in ibadan? They have a good pitch...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Hmmm it's another another years of meeting to come to that... I don't see CAF doing 4yrs things... Maybe they should secure a good sponsor which Will really help those country to get their infrastructure ready.

Yeah. Makes sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dedebanky85:
WC alert... Ewooooo, Patson Daka just made his senior team debut for Red Bulls Salzburg... Hmmm. He's really a talent sha

Who is he?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Yeah. Makes sense.

Good tV right and expansion of world qualifier is what am looking forward to...maybe one day they might... Even with expansion of world cup soonest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
The guy that scored against Algeria in Algeria. He's a very good player and full of running. One of their shining lights from their under20 team

soetanoreoluwa:

Who is he?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

nairaland get right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
Talent no de hide. If you're good, the World would know. Alhassan went to Europe and is playing 90 mins, Ifeanyi Matthews is now the Lord of Lillestrom. These guys were in the npfl and were always talked about. I hope Odey starts playing for Zurich

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dedebanky85:
The guy that scored against Algeria in Algeria. He's a very good player and full of running. One of their shining lights from their under20 team

Thank you thats good

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Hanibal(m), Christinu2, lbrichman2, Mujtahida, Yachambliss(m), Suzzytee05(f), gbengaolu360, KpagoGIN(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.