Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725253 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
leathalbeast:
it doesn't matter dude, you can top the group till the last day, you still won't go to Russia. is it not Nigeria that lost to s. a?
come. lets talk joor. i don dey feel u. thats y dis is an analysis thread. do brief me why they lost. no condition is constant....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
tbaba1234:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZOAlHW23k
I guess he has a bad day... the defense of that team sucks...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
leathalbeast:
as if you guys will go anywhere to rule something, like I said you guys won't make it to the World Cup. Zambia will beat you 2-1.
like seriously,must you talk?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Tell me of any of his good days recently, since he left Portugal

Humility017:

I guess he has a bad day...
the defense of that team sucks...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:

He has had several good days..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
you mean not bad days? grin
tbaba1234:

He has had several good days..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
you mean not bad days? grin

He has had some excellent games for Monaco and Nigeria. I just feel we need a back-up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin is this a subjective excellent? For you, a back up just in case he is in injured? Well for me, I think he needs some healthy competition, maybe he would up his game. Else, he should accept anything.

tbaba1234:

He has had some excellent games for Monaco and Nigeria. I just feel we need a back-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
safarigirl:
I neversaid you attacked his mother, i was generally referring to any attacks on parents and Piet crossed that line

And yes, thesupernerd, you are rude. You need to tone it down the way you go at people sometimes. I read your comments at times and I wonder if that's you or me...cuz, I know I go at people hard, but that's not you.

Supernerd provoked the insults and Pietrico lost his cool (despite claiming he wouldn't), Pietrico went on to attack someone's mama unnecessarily. Even me, no matter how vile I get, I keep people's mama out of my attacks.

The appropriate thing us for both of them to be banned for causing such trouble here. Smid4lyf if you are around, please go through TheSupernerd and Pietrico's posts. They're stinking up this thread
it's difficult, yea.. but I will continue to try to ignore you. Especially as you have sworn to not keep my name out of your mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
Just30:
you've not been observing well cos we've been here every time you talked about Ghana since the day your politicians decided to cover their shame with the statement "all the piped water in Ghana can't even wash the toilets in lagos"

Ahh Ogbeni,is it that serious ni??

Did the statement pain u that much ni??
Oya no vex,take this 1 cedi..buy some sweet with it. and leave us the hell alone on ur thread. bikonu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
grin is this a subjective excellent? For you, a back up just in case he is in injured? Well for me, I think he needs some healthy competition, maybe he would up his game. Else, he should accept anything.

Back-up/competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Barring any injury,Rohr would still start Echijele against Zambia..I'm sure of it....

But my concern is, will Ola Aina be the long term replacement to Echijele?? I've been reading everywhere that he can play as a left back too..but how comfortable is he in that role? and when was the last time he played the role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
AIG07:
One more thing on the hullabalo.

The strength of a man doesn't lies in how skilled he is in fighting back when provoked but it lies in his ability to put himself under control or restraint.

@PietroRico, you shouldn't have gone all the way to bring his mum into this. You goofed big time and Saying sorry is not always a sign of weakness. I expect you to apologies...
I will try to not misbehave here again for any reason.
Make una no vex.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
PietroRico:
it's difficult, yea.. but I will continue to try to ignore you. Especially as you have sworn to not keep my name out of your mouth
nigga, how are you not banned? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
Danielnino00:

Ahh Ogbeni,is it that serious ni??

Did the statement pain u that much ni??
Oya no vex,take this 1 cedi..buy some sweet with it. and leave us the hell alone on ur thread. bikonu

lols, the kid's frustrated and confused too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Joebie:
Denmark SuperLiga-Round 10

Aarhus 0-3 Midtjylland (FT)
Onuachu scores and helps Midtjylland with an assist in extra time.

Onuachu is proving to be more than the Danish league. Would love to see him in league 1 or the German league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2017
Kog45:
Better between d duo,nothing to say coz both are very averaged.I don't even know whom to pick.Hope we resolves this goalkeeping crisis before World Cup.

I watched Nigeria match against Guinea in this just concluded wafu cup and i discovered a lot of things regarding our local coaches and now agreed with a lot who always castigate them,in that match it was too obvious that Dele Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa meaning we might have better keepers better than d duo.

Look at d outfield players,for God sake old Rabiu Ali anchor Nigeria midfield,not condemning d guy but something is fishing,d same thing Aremu,this two guys find it so difficult to make passes and it was hell for Okpotu.

Initially i rate Eze highly but injury to Adeleye exposed him, still has a lot to learn,it was obvious that Adeleye do most of d dirty jobs in d defence and moment he left d pitch,our defence was exposed.

Nothing to say on Okoro and Akas,goldfish 80 just need to tell me why he rated Okoro highly.I watched d guy keenly and i w say he had good games in group stage but Benin,Ghana match showed that he lacks it.

Generally,this team should not be d best from local leagues and with what i see so far Salisu Yusuf and co need to put sentiments apart and give us d best,CHAN is around and this team not a CHAN team.

It's unfortunate I have to say this but I don't regard Wafu championship. Wafu us one of the most disorganised association in the world. There was a time they had 2 presidents. The mantra of the tournament have been hosting to win. Its likethe trophy is a compensation to any country who elects to host the championship. Its a far cry from what is obtainable in COSAFA and CECAFA.
When you consider you have Africa power houses in this region like Ivory coast,Senegal, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria one will expects a better and more exciting tournament but.....

Coming to Okoro, yes I rate him highly. No doubt he is a very good player. Remember some days back when he scored from the free kick, how much praise he got from people on this thread, even you. That is one of those qualities he has. If he had an off game (according to various comments, I didn't watch), then it was an off day. It doesn't remove anything from his ability or talent.

Shehu has a shocker against South Africa but look at how he bounced back against Cameroon. These things happen in football. It becomes sad if people judge home based players differently than they judge others abroad.

Our mindset (speaking about Nigerians in general) have contributed to poor standard of our league. Players have it at the back of their mind they need to move abroad at all cost so they can be recognised and probably make some money.

It may interest you to know that no NPFL Club have the full right of their players. 95% of players in the NPFL are on loan to the clubs with no commitment to these teams. Do you know why? Because they don't want to be bound by these clubs incase a foreign offer came up in the middle of the season.

Without a good league trust me, we cannot win the World Cup. Even if Tammy Abraham, Solanke and the rest of them play for Nigeria, they won't win the World Cup. You cannot build something on top of nothing.

Check the list of world cup winning countries and see if you can find one without a solid league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03am On Sep 26, 2017
You have a valid point though!

As regards winning the world cup, as much as I don't agree that it is IMPOSSIBLE to win the world cup without a solid league, I would like us to believe what you said is true, because our chances of winning the world cup will be higher with a solid league. Nigeria especially, Nigeria will have a great chance of winning the world cup sooner. We are not like England. Far from it. Why, because a solid league would guarantee golden generations back to back. What we have now has been a long wait for the next golden generation. Let's blame that on our poor developmental structure.

goldfish80:

It's unfortunate I have to say this but I don't regard Wafu championship. Wafu us one of the most disorganised association in the world. There was a time they had 2 presidents. The mantra of the tournament have been hosting to win. Its likethe trophy is a compensation to any country who elects to host the championship. Its a far cry from what is obtainable in COSAFA and CECAFA.
When you consider you have Africa power houses in this region like Ivory coast,Senegal, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria one will expects a better and more exciting tournament but.....

Coming to Okoro, yes I rate him highly. No doubt he is a very good player. Remember some days back when he scored from the free kick, how much praise he got from people on this thread, even you. That is one of those qualities he has. If he had an off game (according to various comments, I didn't watch), then it was an off day. It doesn't remove anything from his ability or talent.

Shehu has a shocker against South Africa but look at how he bounced back against Cameroon. These things happen in football. It becomes sad if people judge home based players differently than they judge others abroad.

Our mindset (speaking about Nigerians in general) have contributed to poor standard of our league. Players have it at the back of their mind they need to move abroad at all cost so they can be recognised and probably make some money.

It may interest you to know that no NPFL Club have the full right of their players. 95% of players in the NPFL are on loan to the clubs with no commitment to these teams. Do you know why? Because they don't want to be bound by these clubs incase a foreign offer came up in the middle of the season.

Without a good league trust me, we cannot win the World Cup. Even if Tammy Abraham, Solanke and the rest of them play for Nigeria, they won't win the World Cup. You cannot build something on top of nothing.

Check the list of world cup winning countries and see if you can find one without a solid league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Let Aina get capped first. Talking about replacing Echiejile may be a little to early.

Danielnino00:
Barring any injury,Rohr would still start Echijele against Zambia..I'm sure of it....

But my concern is, will Ola Aina be the long term replacement to Echijele?? I've been reading everywhere that he can play as a left back too..but how comfortable is he in that role? and when was the last time he played the role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:12am On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for that!

PietroRico:
I will try to not misbehave here again for any reason.
Make una no vex.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:37am On Sep 26, 2017
Nigerians To Watch in Today's Championship Fixtures:

TIME: 7.45pm NT (All matches)

Barnsley VS QPR
QPR captain, Nedum Onuoha will not be involved as he is not expected to return from injury within the next 3 months.
However, Bright Osayi-Samuel is available for selection for QPR's matchday squad today. Hopefully he finally gets the nod to play.

Bristol VS Bolton
Derik Osede will not feature for Bolton as he is still out injured.
Bolton's Sammy Ameobi also have been out due to injury since early August. It's unclear if he would return tonight.

Hull VS Preston
Hull's duo of Fikayo Tomori and Ola Aina will most likely start, as they entertain Preston.

Ipswich VS Sunderland
Dominic Lorfa is expected to maintain his regular appearance for Ipswich as they welcome Sunderland.
Tom Adeyemi is also available for Ipswich, and could likely start as has clocked 90 minutes in their last two matches.

Millwall VS Reading
Millwall welcome Sone Aluko's Reading. Aluko is expected to start.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:11am On Sep 26, 2017
Brilliant goal by Chidera Ejike for Valerenga

Another youngster on the rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8zPMO3c5U

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:14am On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:16am On Sep 26, 2017
The Swiss FA turned down FC Zurich appeal for a work permit for Stephen Odey because his transfer was concluded after the transfer deadline. They will register him in January. So no games for Odey till January.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/25/exclusive-swiss-fa-turn-down-fc-zurich-appeal-to-register-stephen-odey/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:25am On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:39am On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:09am On Sep 26, 2017
leathalbeast:
as if you guys will go anywhere to rule something, like I said you guys won't make it to the World Cup. Zambia will beat you 2-1.
If we beat Zambia, you'll leave this Thread. Agreed?? Put your money where your mouth is...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:05am On Sep 26, 2017
goldfish80:

Very good points raised. We need to not only improve the league but the quality of coaching too

However as regards Okoro, I had the opportunity to watch 3-4 games in the Wafu cup and i do not think he is national team quality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:13am On Sep 26, 2017
Joebie:

The fact remain Echiejele is an average player with good packaging and very good agent,we must respect him for that,he moves out of any club either on loan or transfer d moment he discovered his starting is not guarantee,this has been his unique selling point.

This has been a plus for his ever presence in d national team and we must give kudos to him,his best form was 2012/2013 season and afcon 2013,since then no remarkable performance except WC qualifier against Algeria.Let wait and see may be he w prove us wrong against Zambia coz sometimes he rose to d occasion.

Pls Jobie is Tosin Adarabioyo of man city not a Nigerian coz i don't see guys talking about him on this thread,even thegoodjoe of man city.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:25am On Sep 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

Very good points raised. We need to not only improve the league but the quality of coaching too

However as regards Okoro, I had the opportunity to watch 3-4 games in the Wafu cup and i do not think he is national team quality
Benin and Ghana match exposed him and it eroded my rating on him during group stages.

Apart from Ezenwa who has been part of eagles team A,i only see Adeleye as future eagles material,hope he is still young and may be Eze,others i doubt their abilities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45am On Sep 26, 2017
edi287:

If we beat Zambia, you'll leave this Thread. Agreed?? Put your money where your mouth is...

I have advised you people to ignore those boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:49am On Sep 26, 2017
Kog45:
The fact remain Echiejele is an average player with good packaging and very good agent,we must respect him for that,he moves out of any club either on loan or transfer d moment he discovered his starting is not guarantee,this has been his unique selling point.

This has been a plus for his ever presence in d national team and we must give kudos to him,his best form was 2012/2013 season and afcon 2013,since then no remarkable performance except WC qualifier against Algeria.Let wait and see may be he w prove us wrong against Zambia coz sometimes he rose to d occasion.

Pls Jobie is Tosin Adarabioyo of man city not a Nigerian coz i don't see guys talking about him on this thread,even thegoodjoe of man city.

That one is the Queen's pickin. He is Nigerian but I think his devotion lies with England.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.