Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11712711 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2017
kellycute:
afraid against Zambia? Lol.. I don't give a hoot rat about em Zambia cos I know we gonna whip their ass and I ain't losing sleep at all. You are not up to my standard and I can f.cking make your life miserable within second. You better take a walk.
nigga running your mouth like a tap won't elevate you from your miserable life. you will always be substandard to me. I advise you to sleep before your game against Zambia because after your 1-2 loss to them you won't be able to sleep for a while.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Nah, the MS of the last 2 matches shouldn't be benched for AI. Doesn't make any professional sense. AI can't even function well from the wings and yes, we are to go out there for a win. No sitting back, we don't want any 89th minutes goal from Zambia.
Mickael2:

Moses Simon. I don't think we will be going for an all out wing-play against the Zambians and that's why I think he will start. Concerning his defensive frailities, when we lose possession he can easily get into the middle of the picth while Ndidi drops back to the Dmf position, Onazi switches to a LCB while Shehu switches to a WB and pushes high the pitch to start the press, easy thing to do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Joebie:
If you wan't chemistry, you need to have a healthy measure of continuity. This has helped us to a large extent during the qualification. National football is no club football. Friendlies will be lined up. Some new players will be integrated, as the process of integration does not happen overnight. The likes of Onyekuru, and even Kayode will take a while to really announce their coming to the SE fold. We all know how long it took Ighalo before he just now made it to the core of the SE. Some of these players will be left out, but later given a second chance. Then they will snatch it like they have never done. Ask Ighalo.
Whether you like Rohr or not, he will go in the history books as our best coach, if we go beyond the second round. I think he is the best for Nigeria, because many foreign coaches will not be able to cope with NFF and their money issues. Rohr is ideal because he is hungry for success -- not for money. Tactically speaking, how would you rather have played those matches leading to our position now in qualification?

apart from Echejile I did not mention any starter so I don't think replacing them will affect the team chemistry one bit. We are still building that we all know, we already have a starting XI so now we should be looking at a bench that can provide something better than the starters or atleast something close to that level, Uche Agbo at CB or Ahmed Musa at WF isn't a step in that direction. However I get your point about team chemistry, but all to his own.

Tactical managers are managers who can pull off something extraordinary. Rohr hasn't done that, we have one stagnant formation, every substitution we make during the game is just the same as removing a 2ohm resistor from a standard resistor and trying to replace it with another 2ohm resistor, no diversity at all, 4-2-3-1 till thy kingdom come. When tactical awareness was needed against SA well we came up short and we blamed it on the absence of key players but top teams don't blame any loss on the injuries to key players. Iniesta is a great player but without him, Spain would still field a strong team with another formation, that is because the coach is tactical

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:27am On Sep 26, 2017
somehow:
Nah, the MS of the last 2 matches shouldn't be benched for AI. Doesn't make any professional sense. AI can't even function well from the wings and yes, we are to go out there for a win. No sitting back, we don't want any 89th minutes goal from Zambia.

not that we won't attack, no. Have you seen the pace of these Zambians on the wing? Coming up against them on the wing will be a serious problem because we don't have speedy fullbacks who can cope, so the idea is to make sure the bulk of the game is played in the middle of the pitch were we have our own advantage(s) and this can be achieved easily by playing Iwobi(not that MS isn't a good option but the opponent determines the team for me)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2017
leathalbeast:
nigga running your mouth like a tap won't elevate you from your miserable life. you will always be substandard to me. I advise you to sleep before your game against Zambia because after your 1-2 loss to them you won't be able to sleep for a while.
you are just like a white chalk to me.... pop.. you turn to vapour but Ima let this slide... october7 is already around the corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

I think Iwobi will start.
why do you think so,??... if you ask me I'll go for simeon...
iwobi is too slow for my liking!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

but don't you think that he should be man enough to also tell the guy sorry? As an older member of the thread he should extend the hand of friendship first, if the guy no apologise back na me go attack the guy and apologise on his behalf. This isn't a big case

now you are seeing reason y I said, what I said,

all will be well, , we need the guy to keek pride aside, and apologies for insulting his mum, that's the first step,

then we should all speak to him, and he should apologize to the guy and everyone of us for starting it first, cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2017
kellycute:
you are just like a white chalk to me.... pop.. you turn to vapour but Ima let this slide... october7 is already around the corner.

Bro kindly ignore the kid.. it's obvious he is looking for attention here.. He is from Ghana after all. we know how they carry our matter on their head everyday... The WAFU cup they won would be celebrated till another AFCON comes..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2017
bossto:

exact reason why I would start him. Some games need to be slow to favour us, like this match now. The Zambians would want a fast-paced game so they can use their quick wingers to devastating effect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2017
bossto:

Me too oo.. The Zambians have fast wingers and they will definitely attack us from the flanks..And considering Echijele's poor form,we will need both Moses to start so they can track back and help with the defence. Iwobi isn't good at that...
He can come in the 2nd half as an AM maybe....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2017
We are both saying the same thing as regards Echiejile. I even rate Aina highly, but I'd rather want him to come in as a substitute in LB, and his performance will determine if he should start there subsequently.

Back to tactical matters. A great coach will not be able to pull jack with a poor bench. That was one of our undoing against SA. The other, we failed to plan to beat South Africa. Formation wise, the 4-2-3-1 has worked best for us lately, so he has sticked to it for the most part. Ask the likes of Chelsea, and now Arsenal why they haven't reverted to their old formations. But don't forget that Rohr has also used the 4-4-2 double 6, and 4-3-3 with success.

Mickael2:

apart from Echejile I did not mention any starter so I don't think replacing them will affect the team chemistry one bit. We are still building that we all know, we already have a starting XI so now we should be looking at a bench that can provide something better than the starters or atleast something close to that level, Uche Agbo at CB or Ahmed Musa at WF isn't a step in that direction. However I get your point about team chemistry, but all to his own.

Tactical managers are managers who can pull off something extraordinary. Rohr hasn't done that, we have one stagnant formation, every substitution we make during the game is just the same as removing a 2ohm resistor from a standard resistor and trying to replace it with another 2ohm resistor, no diversity at all, 4-2-3-1 till thy kingdom come. When tactical awareness was needed against SA well we came up short and we blamed it on the absence of key players but top teams don't blame any loss on the injuries to key players. Iniesta is a great player but without him, Spain would still field a strong team with another formation, that is because the coach is tactical
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2017
So you think we don't need wing play because Zambians use the wing? Seems you have forgotten that our attackers that give opponents problems are wingers? Shehu is fast and Simon too, both can collabo, the only issue here is Ederson. He's not fast, only if Onajzi and Moses are to assist him. The best form of defence remains to attack. Iwobi is not even good at holding ball, that's the job of Mikel, we need our wingers badly since Zambians don't even play midfield football. You neutralize threat with equal threat, not reducing your fire power.

Let's just wait and see what Rohr has in stock for us, he's in charge and knows his players better than us.
Mickael2:

not that we won't attack, no. Have you seen the pace of these Zambians on the wing? Coming up against them on the wing will be a serious problem because we don't have speedy fullbacks who can cope, so the idea is to make sure the bulk of the game is played in the middle of the pitch were we have our own advantage(s) and this can be achieved easily by playing Iwobi(not that MS isn't a good option but the opponent determines the team for me)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2017
Danielnino00:

Bro kindly ignore the kid.. it's obvious he is looking for attention here.. He is from Ghana after all. we know how they carry our matter on their head everyday... The WAFU cup they won would be celebrated till another AFCON comes..

October 7, mark the date. I hope you know Zambia will make a stop over in Ghana before they come.. we will definitely help them to beat you guys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2017
Danielnino00:

i will ignore the kid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2017
Aside Echijele, my biggest worry is the midfield.. This Onazi and Ndidi partnership looks like its gonna be permanent... And I don't think it would be good in the long run..
playing two defensive midfielder at the same time isn't really good.. We need a CMF..

Etebo can partner Ndidi or Onazi while Mikel does his thing at AMF..

#My2Cent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:43am On Sep 26, 2017
leathalbeast:
if Nigerians fail to make it to the World Cup! it will bring me joy so I'm hoping it happens. we Ghanaians aren't keen on going to the World Cup.
@Famocious you may need to prescribe anti hypertensive drug to this fella cos he'd need it when due cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

you weren't the one? When he called one name like that(was it dollophead?) and you said you don't know the meaning but you know it's harsh and shouldn't be used and he still insisted that he was right to insult the guy if he so wished?
it was Bascoveli.!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2017
safarigirl:
I think some people here owe an apology to Sir Icon4s for challenging him when he said the win over Ghana was nothing to celebrate grin
That is why I call him ''The Experienced One''

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Danielnino00:

Finally the list!!!

Not a bad list at all.. Its just okay as it is..
But I feel for Ebuehi sha.. Hopefully he will get to make his debut before the year runs out!!

It is better we captie Tyronne Ebuehi now anyhow just to pin him down. PLEASE ROHR, INCLUDE HIM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2017
mumemma:
But Ebuehi has been playing games in and out every weekend. What is Elderson doing there....that guy is having a psychological down turn now ..............

Help me ask them abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
solonnachi:

It is better we captie Tyronne Ebuehi now anyhow just to pin him down. PLEASE ROHR, INCLUDE HIM

Seriously I was expecting him to be capped while we were comfortably leading Cameroon in Uyo...
But Rohr knows best. Ebuehi and others might start against Algeria provide we beat Zambia..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Half-fit Nacho is way better than Kayode and Onyekuru. I didn't know I was talking about Messi, my bad
Half-fit Nacho is way better than Kayode and
Onyekuru.. . Haha.bro,the thing weak me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
Our qualification is more important than cap-tying anyone. We will have Algeria to spare. Let's give our bench (Ebuehi inclusive) a full game then, to see how they would fare.

solonnachi:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
Iwobi looks like the player replacing Ebuehi in the list.

Hopefully, we rap up qualification.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2 hahahahahah

No talk dat again. No dae underrate kayode and henry like dat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
You can't please everyone. We have 23 players, only 14 of which will play against Zambia, and some are complaining here about those on standby like Ebuehi. We have a crucial game and enough manpower. Let's get this out of the way. I'm sure Aina is considered ahead of Ebuehi. He can cover both LB and RB when needed. Ebuehi is not NEEDED for this game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
do4luv14:

there had been peace here before, even when thegoodjoe, and forgiveness were being tagged Babylonian, they take it in good faith, even if they wanna return it back, they don't involve ones parents,

no matter who started it first, they guy over step by insulting his mom,

we all owned it to THESUPERNERD to apologize, for the insults, but we don't, even CHRIMARIO instead of, being a pace maker, take sides and insult nerd, be that as it may,

we owned it to apologize to NERDIE, and I wants the mods, to ban anybody whoever involves ones parents here in what-ever mention, if its not in line with the thread,

. CASE CLOSED
if you like, you can go and apologise to your Nerdie. Why should all of us apologise to him? Did we side Pietrico? Me, did I side Pietrico? Did I not call them out? How many times has anyone apologised for insulting me here talk less the whole thread?

Do4luv, abeg no dey yarn dust for here before me and you start our own. Supernerd went to open a rival thread because his ego was bruised and you expect all of us here including people that are older than him to go abd apologise to him, for what?

I will sooner deactivate my account than apologise to him, don't just provoke me today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Don't forget Aaron Samuel replaced injured Iwobi against Cameroon.
Now Samuel is back on standby

tbaba1234:
Iwobi looks like the player replacing Ebuehi in the list.

Hopefully, we rap up qualification.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
nelszx:

@Famocious you may need to prescribe anti hypertensive drug to this fella cos he'd need it when due cheesy grin

Lolz..just ignore the dude grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
safarigirl:
I think some people here owe an apology to Sir Icon4s for challenging him when he said the win over Ghana was nothing to celebrate grin

Why? does losing in the finals take away from the fact that we beat them in the group stage? I still congratulate the boys on a job well done.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
kellycute:
maybe you are jealous of Thesupernerd dude.. it is you against him all the time even when it doesn't concern you. Hmm Na wa o. Abeg cut the guy some slack.
maybe I am also jealous of him, abi?

Anybody expecting us to apologise to Supernerd must be high on skunk

Supernerd must first apologise to us fir starting that useless thread that only him wilk lord over. What rubbish!

If he wanted an apology, he should have taken a hiatus, starting that thread means he does not want an apology.

I hate I when people have superiority complex and he displayed that. My mother has been insulted countless times on Nairaland, did I accuse the whole world of the insults?

If he thinks this is a one-off, he is wrong. As long as he keeps hitting people, many more of his relatives will be dragged into insults by people who have no scruples. You cannot throw dirt at someone and dictate what he throws at you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: trilacos and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.