Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11710545 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
Relatively unknown winger, James Adeniyi start for Albanian side, Skanderbeu. Theo Solomon not listed by Partizan.
ANS hyped this Theo Solomon to the heavens...the Nigerian Cristiano Ronaldo they called him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
junnyjake:

This your list get as e be.

These players do not deserve a look in, at least not now, maybe AFCON 2019 & Qatar '22.

Aaron Samuel - I don't rate this one at all. He's not better than the tested and untested.

Simeon Nwankwo - seriously?? He's not ready for this WC and he's below the pecking order currently.

Tammy Abraham & Solanke - When dem switch?? I work with what's available, this is not some fantasy football team.

Taiwo Awoniyi - He's just finding his foot in the Belgian league, he didn't have a great season at the Netherlands last year.

Osimhen - Because Rorh called him for the SA game?? He had 45 mins of play last term and hasn't been seeing as much game time as he'd have loved this season. Should he be invited solely on his exploits at the U-17 level.

Sadiq Umar - The one we saw at the '16 Olympics or another? Oh! his preseason games are just about enough?? I don't think so. He's not ready for now, maybe later.

please and please, don't come at me with the "'ifs' and the 'ifs' not" I'm a realist and don't deal on unlikely possibilities.

Lest I forget, why was Fanendo Adi not included, you think those you included are better than him?

yea, i seems to forget him, ADI of Portland timbers right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
do4luv14:

yea, i seems to forget him, ADI of Portland timbers right
Yea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
edi287:

The east coast (NY especially) isn't that bad though(depending on where you live). I can never imagine myself living in places like SC and Alabama. Those guys are proper rednecks

How about North Philly, Detroit...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

Francis Jeffers was pure rubbish can't believe Arsenal paid £10 million plus for him. Believe it or not he is a coach at yes Everton academy if I'm right.

Watching the Everton vs Lyon game football is out the window index there was an exchange of blows it's Al fired up.

Lyon are not used to blood and guts do or due football. They have forgotten thier technical football and are playing fighting football. They have played into Everton hands if na fight they want fight.

Chei chei yeah Traore has remembered who he is a complete technical footballer. He just scored.

However Lookman is without doubt Evertons best player on the field.

Koeman is definitely going to get the boot tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
John Ogu seems to have picked up an injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Solanke was not impressive when he went out on loan to an eredivise club.

Osimhen pathway has not been 'blocked completely'. He has played the last couple of games. Besides, Solanke is older than Osimhen. I fully believe that Osimhen is not far away from being a starter

How old is Dominic Solanke? Calculate.

He was born on the 14th of September 1997. 20 this year

How old is Victor Osimhen? Calculate.

He was born on 29th December 1998. 19 this year

Solanke is just a year older than Osimhen yet Solanke have achieved more than Osimhen.

At 19 Osimhen is still struggling for games yet you believe Dominic Solanke who starting banging in goals in the Eredivise at the age of 17 (18 after a month) was far from impressive, ba? Smh

Now, you are using age to exonerate Victor Osimhen, Why?

Oh! Because Osimhen is an African while Dominic is British, ba

Hmmmmm!

Who takes you seriously?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

How old is Dominic Solanke? Calculate.

He was born on the 14th of September 1997. 20 this year

How old is Victor Osimhen? Calculate.

He was born on 29th December 1998. 19 this year

Solanke is just a year older than Osimhen yet Solanke had achieved more than Osimhen.

At 19 Osimhen is still struggling for games yet you believe Dominic Solanke who starting banging in goals in the Eredivise at the age of 17 (18 after a month) was far from impressive, ba? Smh

Now, you are using age to exonerate Victor Osimhen, Why?

Oh! Because Osimhen is an African while Dominic is British, ba

Hmmmmm!

Who takes you seriously?

Haba. You want to put Vitesse in Wolfsburg's level. Na wa. Vitesse is not up to Wolfsburg's level.

Nowadays, so many people do not fear God.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

I have noticed an anomaly in this thread for sometime.

It appears alot of people rate youngsters on the strength of club they play for. For goodness sake, the SI unit for measuring the ability of a player shouldn't be on the basis of which club hr plays for, rather you measure and judge a player by what he brings to the table.

Solanke as far as I'm concerned haven't pulled any trees. We are talking about a guy who went on loan to Holland and came up short. If he was Dutch born, do you think he will be signed up by Liverpool on the strength of his showing in Eredivisie? What if he was Norwegian? Do you think he will be in Liverpool?

I saw some highlights of a Chidera Ejike in Norway and to be honest, if that boy was born in Hackney, he will be playing for Tottenham or Arsenal.

The IQ of this thread should go beyond judging people because of where they are born. Please we can do better than that.
My point is simple give d young man little respect even if u don't rate.

Mind u i don't rate him and have never for once consider him for Eagles call up coz we have better players.

Oh rating players based on club or supporting Foreign born?pls count me out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Haba. You want to put Vitesse in Wolfsburg's level. Na wa. Vitesse is not up to Wolfsburg's level.

na so the comment vex you reach wey you no remember your blue color

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

At 16 Dominic Solanke was already playing for Chelsea in UEFA Champions League. That was on the 21st of October 2014.

At 19, he played for Liverpool.

You wan put Wolfsburg for Chelsea and Liverpool levels?

I think you are likely the one. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
kingphilip:
na so the comment vex you reach wey you no remember your blue color

Ink finished. I have refilled. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
This guy you de crack me up always. Once I see your name, I be like what's this guy about to say today....

elyte89:

D guy deserves a spot in d squad going to world cup wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

At 16 Dominic Solanke was already playing in for Chelsea in UEFA Champions League. That was on the 21st of October 2014.

At 19, he played for Liverpool.

You wan put Wolfsburg for Chelsea and Liverpool levels?

I think you are likely the one. grin

That Chelsea role is what we call Catchment area. No disrespect on the young lad but you tried hyping Vitesse to Wolfsburg's level. They are not in the same category. The Chelsea was not a regular spot. Liverpool, not a regular spot. So quit the hype.

Wish him well. Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
In 2014 WC buildup, can you name one team that called more than 35 to 40 players to camp. Nobody does that. The trend is towards the end of the season a coach names a 35man squad. By the tine the season ends without even coming to camp sometimes, like 5-6 names are then eliminated based on whatever parameter the coach chooses to use. I think sometimes it's based on your season end form. Then the season ends and camping/cohesion session begins for like 2 to 3 weeks. Then the scary part comes where the 23 man list is announced and some placed on standby. I think FIFA wants you to announce your squad a week b4 the competition to allow for injuries and replacements.

Also, some other teams directly name their 23 man squad straight up while players are still in their season's. Some name only 25. In recent times I have not seen any team call 100 players to camp. It's very local African nations that may still adopt your approach. But even at that they don't call a 60 - 100 man training camp.

Just name any team that used your approach. I have checked Google and I thought either of Costa Rica, Honduras or Iran may have used your approach. They named very small squads. Maybe I didn't check well, but just help me with any team that has done it in recent competitions. Thanks

TheGoodJoe:

I am still asking about the 90's. You guys are just hiding under the shell of 80's. In 1994, we camped a huge number. A lot from foreign clubs. So why was it practical in 1994 with foreign players and impractical now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That Chelsea role is what we call Catchment area. No disrespect on the young lad but you tried hyping Vitesse to Wolfsburg's level. They are not in the same category. The Chelsea was not a regular spot. Liverpool, not a regular spot. So quit the hype.

Wish him well. Finito.

Catchment or no Catchment, Dominic Solanke is not operating in the same level with Osimhen despite the little age gap. Dominic Solanke has achieved more than Osimhen. No disrespect.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Catchment or no Catchment, Dominic Solanke is not operating in the same level with Osimhen despite the little age gap. Dominic Solanke has achieved more than Osimhen. No disrespect.
What exactly have Solanke achieved that Osimhen haven't achieved?
They both won the top scorers and Mvp in youth team competitions they participated.

Solanke is yet to record a senior team goal just like Osimhen.

I mean, Solanke could be a good player but let's not hype him to a stratosphere he doesn't belong.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Origi was never a starter for Liverpool. Let's not talk up Origi likes he's some sort of world class player that was let go by Liverpool for Solanke to have a pathway.
Solanke is a youth team player. He haven't done nada at the pro level. His team mate at Chelsea Bertrand Traoure, is a Full international for Burkina Faso with 2 AFCON experience under his belt (both semi finals appearance), Europa cup finalist with Ajax and 2 resounding good season in the Dutch top flight.
This is what I call progression not playing U20 world cup.

The jury is still out on Solanke.

What did Bertrand Traore who was 18 years old as at 2014 do in his first season in 2013/2014 Eredivise?

18 matches with 3 goals

What did Dominic Solanke who was 17 years old as at 2015 do in his first season in the 2014/2015 Eredivise?

27 matches with 7 goals (despite injuries).

I am not done.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
Kog45:
My point is simple give d young man little respect even if u don't rate.

Mind u i don't rate him and have never for once consider him for Eagles call up coz we have better players.

Oh rating players based on club or supporting Foreign born?pls count me out.

Respect ke? I don't think I have made any derogatory comment about Solanke.

My initial comment wasn't about anyone in particular. It's just an observation I have made over the past few months.
You're one of the the few balanced posters we have here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
una dey call oshimen ,werey tammy,and other ewu solanke ......bitch please ..give a call to bright dike and faenado ali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

What did Bertrand Traore who was 18 years old as at 2014 do in his first season in 2013/2014 Eredivise?

18 matches with 3 goals

What did Dominic Solanke who was 17 years old as at 2015 do in his first season in the 2014/2015 Eredivise?

27 matches with 7 goals (despite injuries).

I am not done.

You didn't even read the stats you were about to post, before posting to brag.

Did you check minutes played?

Solanke clocked 1800+ minutes while Traore clocked 606 mins. I mean, he played 3 times more than Traore and only contributed 5 goals more than him.
Despite injures you say? Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Origi was never a starter for Liverpool. Let's not talk up Origi likes he's some sort of world class player that was let go by Liverpool for Solanke to have a pathway.
Solanke is a youth team player. He haven't done nada at the pro level. His team mate at Chelsea Bertrand Traoure, is a Full international for Burkina Faso with 2 AFCON experience under his belt (both semi finals appearance), Europa cup finalist with Ajax and 2 resounding good season in the Dutch top flight.
This is what I call progression not playing U20 world cup.

The jury is still out on Solanke.

When Bertrand Traore repeated class because of failure in his first season, what did Bertrand Traore do in his second season? grin

37 matches with 18 goals

Why was he not called back by Chelsea in his first season? Why was Dominic Solanke retained and drafted into Chelsea_F.C first team after his first professional career? grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Solanke clocked 1800+ minutes while Traore clocked 606 mins. I mean, he played 3 times more than Traore and only contributed 5 goals more than him.

He didn't not get the minutes by fluke. Thank you. Next grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Oga forgiveness relax oo. The way you clamour for certain players nor be here at all. E be like say you dey fight so hard to add Yoruba players for eagles lol.relax. You are not rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

When Bertrand Traore repeated the class because failure in his first season, what did Bertrand Traore do in the second season? grin

37 matches with 18 goals

Why was he not called back by Chelsea in his first season? Why was Dominic Solanke retained and drafted into Chelsea_F.C first team after his first professional career? grin

One is English while the other was Burkina.

Did that answer your question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

He didn't not get the minutes by fluke. Thank you. Next grin
7 goals in 21 games is hardly the stuff of legends. Next!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Why did a 17 years old Dominic Solanke got more game times than a 18 years old Bertrand Traore? shocked grin

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season? I thought you said said he was banging in goals left right and center. grin

Practice what you preach about using brain to think. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

7 goals in 21 games is hardly the stuff of legends. Next!

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season of his professional career?

Answer questions with facts, please. Thank you. Next. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Why did a 17 years old Dominic Solanke got more games time than a 18 years old Bertrand Traore? shocked grin

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season? I thought you said said he was banging in goals left right and center. grin

Practice what you preach about using brain to think. grin

When did I mention he was banging goals left, right and centre?

Solanke and Traore could be mates but they operate at a very different stratosphere.
Traore is streets ahead of Solanke.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
lol I remember quite well. Muazam was benched today though.

edi287:

ANS hyped this Theo Solomon to the heavens...the Nigerian Cristiano Ronaldo they called him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
kellycute:
Oga forgiveness relax oo. The way you clamour for certain players nor be here at all. E be like say you dey fight so hard to add Yoruba players for eagles lol.relax. You are not rohr.

I know good players when I see one. Adding Yoruba is not the priority but to add quality to the National team.

So, far nobody can challenge me on almost all the players I have mentioned here. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season of his professional career?

Answer questions with facts, please. Thank you. Next. grin
It is understandable for an African teenager to have limited opportunities. Eto's first few seasons in Spain points to the challenges an African teen faces in Europe.

The question should be what you do when you get the opportunity. And so far I'm afraid, Traore have grabbed the opportunity given to him with both hands.
I mean, we are taking about a potential African player of year nominee and you're digging up a perennial youth team player.

Solanke doesn't gold a candle light to Traore. Sorry!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Toylove, chrisooblog and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.