Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665308 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
goldfish80:

It is understandable for an African teenager to have limited opportunities. Eto's first few seasons in Spain points to the challenges an African teen faces in Europe.

The question should be what you do when you get the opportunity. And so far I'm afraid, Traore have grabbed the opportunity given to him with both hands.
I mean, we are taking about a potential African player of year nominee and you're digging up a perennial youth team player.

Solanke doesn't gold a candle light to Traore. Sorry!

I seriously don't know what Forgiveness is on about.

It's simple to accept, Bertrand Traore is a full fledged intl.

He had a brilliant season at Ajax last term, also showed class at last year's Afcon as well. Solanke is still playing at the U-21 level.

He's now at Lyon and has not stopped showing class. He even scored the winning goal for them today against everton.

Apart from the Golden boot (or whatever) solanke had with the U-20, there's nothing more he has on Bertrand.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:00am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

When did I mention he was banging goals left, right and centre?

Solanke and Traore could be mates but they operate at a very different stratosphere.
Traore is streets ahead of Solanke.

Another fat lie detected.

Traore is 22 while Solanke is 20. They were not in the same level in Chelsea age grade setting. So, stop lying. Please. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:12am On Oct 20, 2017
grin he will list other players that are not yoruba he has clamored for.

kellycute:
Oga forgiveness relax oo. The way you clamour for certain players nor be here at all. E be like say you dey fight so hard to add Yoruba players for eagles lol.relax. You are not rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:14am On Oct 20, 2017
grin
hardwerk:
una dey call oshimen ,werey tammy,and other ewu solanke ......bitch please ..give a call to bright dike and faenado ali

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:14am On Oct 20, 2017
GOLDEN EAGLETS WITH CAREERS STILL ON TRACK

NIGERIA 2009 CLASS
1. Abduljaleel Ajagun
2. Eddy Onazi
3. Keneth Omeruo
4. Olarenwaju Kayode
5. Ramon Azeez

UAE 2013 CLASS
1. Kelechi Iheanacho
2. Success Isaac
3. Chidiebere Nwakali
4. Musa Yahaya
5. Chidiera Ezeh
6. Dele Alampasu
7. Taiwo Awoniyi
8. Francis Uzoho
9. Savior Godwin
10. Aliyu Abubakar
11. Musa Muhammed

CHILE 2015 CLASS
1. Kelechi Nwakali
2. Victor Osimhen
3. Kingsley Michael
4. Orji Okonkwo
5. Samuel Chukwueze

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:21am On Oct 20, 2017
Player Ratings – France Football Rates Everton Loanee Onyekuru Higher Than Neymar
October 19, 201701

Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru has been rated as one of the best players on display by authoritative French football news outlet France Football despite Anderlecht suffering a 0-4 drubbing at the hands of PSG.

Onyekuru was on for the entire duration of the game, and although he twice failed to score when he had the chance to do so, he was very lively for the Belgium champions with PSG full back Dani Alves admitting he had a torrid time keeping the Nigerian quiet.

His display earned him a 6 out of 10 rating, a score higher than that of the world most expensive player Neymar who scored one of the goals for PSG, but was rated 5 out of 10.

French forward Kylian Mbappe got the highest rating with a score of 7/10, a figure only better than that of Onyekuru and his teammate Adrien Trebel who were a point short.

“The young Nigerian still has a lot to learn but Henry Onyekuru was daring, dribbling at ease for his team. He could have scored in the 12th minute but for a save by Areola after he left Dani Alves rooted to the spot.

“He could also have reduced the deficit late on in the game but was denied by the crossbar.At only 20, this Everton loanee has a bright future ahead of him, a piece on his 6/10 rating reads.

--OwnGoalNigeria

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:24am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

What exactly have Solanke achieved that Osimhen haven't achieved?
They both won the top scorers and Mvp in youth team competitions they participated.

Solanke is yet to record a senior team goal just like Osimhen.

I mean, Solanke could be a good player but let's not hype him to a stratosphere he doesn't belong.

Which youth competition did Victor Osimhen win Mvp?

While you're at it.

Dominic Solanke has scored goals in his professional career while Victor Osimhen is yet to get one.

However, Dominic Solanke is getting minutes in oneof the biggest leagues in the world and in one of the best teams in the world while Victor Osimhen is struggling to get play time in a club that almost went on relegation last season(i hope he does).

What an irony! grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:27am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

One is English while the other was Burkina.

Did that answer your question?

Very weak answer. Try again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:31am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

When did I mention he was banging goals left, right and centre?

Solanke and Traore could be mates but they operate at a very different stratosphere.
Traore is streets ahead of Solanke.

Don't be deceived, Traore wasn't able to break into Vitesse first team in his first season while Dominic Solanke started with a bang though he was younger than Traore. Why?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:39am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

7 goals in 21 games is hardly the stuff of legends. Next!

3 goals in 18 games is easily the height of legends, ba? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48am On Oct 20, 2017
ALGERIA VS NIGERIA DEAD RUBBER UPDATE

Madjer: Algeria Will Defend Honour Vs Super Eagles
October 19, 2017 4:54 pm

IFFHS BETA

Newly appointed Algeria coach Rabah Madjer has promised his team will give the Super Eagles a tough time in their November 10 Russia 2018 World Cup African qualifying Group B clash.

Algeria are out of the World Cup race after losing four of their five qualifying matches, while Nigeria claimed the group’s sole ticket with four wins and a draw.

But, despite the game being of little significance, Algeria legend Madjer insists he is taking it seriously.
“We will defend the honour of the the national team in the next match against Nigeria,” RabahMadjer told lebuteur.com after his unveiling on Thursday.

“You will see the true face of the team after the match against Nigeria.”
Madjer, 58, who took over from sacked Spanish coach Lucas Alcaraz, becomes the country’s fifth national coach in three years.

--CompleteSportsNigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:57am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

Origi was never a starter for Liverpool. Let's not talk up Origi likes he's some sort of world class player that was let go by Liverpool for Solanke to have a pathway.
Solanke is a youth team player. He haven't done nada at the pro level. His team mate at Chelsea Bertrand Traoure, is a Full international for Burkina Faso with 2 AFCON experience under his belt (both semi finals appearance), Europa cup finalist with Ajax and 2 resounding good season in the Dutch top flight.
This is what I call progression not playing U20 world cup.

The jury is still out on Solanke.

How many professional leagues games, goals, assists, MOTM, player of the month, etc did Bertrand Traore win before he was invited to the Burkina Faso National team on the 3rd of September 2011?

Was he doing all those stuffs to have merited a call?

He was no where near academy.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:02am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

Origi was never a starter for Liverpool. Let's not talk up Origi likes he's some sort of world class player that was let go by Liverpool for Solanke to have a pathway.
Solanke is a youth team player. He haven't done nada at the pro level. His team mate at Chelsea Bertrand Traoure, is a Full international for Burkina Faso with 2 AFCON experience under his belt (both semi finals appearance), Europa cup finalist with Ajax and 2 resounding good season in the Dutch top flight.
This is what I call progression not playing U20 world cup.

The jury is still out on Solanke.

How much was Origi bought by Liverpool?

Answer: € 12m

Why was he bought?

Answer: To form part of the team of course.

How come he was sent on loan and Chelsea decided to buy Dominic? grin

Answer this question

OH! He is British while Origi is African. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:09am On Oct 20, 2017
goldfish80:

It is understandable for an African teenager to have limited opportunities. Eto's first few seasons in Spain points to the challenges an African teen faces in Europe.

The question should be what you do when you get the opportunity. And so far I'm afraid, Traore have grabbed the opportunity given to him with both hands.
I mean, we are taking about a potential African player of year nominee and you're digging up a perennial youth team player.

Solanke doesn't gold a candle light to Traore. Sorry!

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season of his professional career? I don't like stories because they lack merits and facts. grin
Thank you. Next!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:17am On Oct 20, 2017
forgiveness:

How much was Origi bought by Liverpool?

Answer: € 12m

Why was he bought?

Answer: To form part of the team of course.

How come he was sent on loan and Chelsea decided to buy Dominic? grin

Answer this question

OH! He is British while Origi is African. shocked grin

Dude, I mean this is plain....let me not use the word I want to use.

Liverpool is in no way one of the best teams in the world at the moment. Solanke is what exactly at Liverpool? 3rd choice! How many games has he started? Zero! What has been his contribution in the Epl this season? I mean Liverpool has been struggling to score goals in the Epl yet he hasn't started a game!

Now let this sink in for effect. Origi saw Firmino ahead of him and Sturridge too, he left because he knew he was too good to sit on the bench. The simple matter is that if Origi stayed he would have relegated Solanke to the U23 team. Solanke gets to sit on the bench because there is an English quota that must be maintained both in the Epl and Champions league.

Oshimen on the other hand just signed a professional contract. He was not trained in any german academy, he is still learning the german language and getting used to the german system of play yet he has accumulated just about the same minutes this season as Solanke. In fact it is embarrasing that you are still bringing up Solanke as a topic of discussion.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:18am On Oct 20, 2017
forgiveness:

What did Bertrand Traore do in his first season of his professional career? I don't like stories because they lack merits and facts. grin
Thank you. Next!

i am seriously shocked, really. Solanke and Traore? I mean talent wise there is no comparison there and right now, this very minute Solanke is not even close to Traore.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2017
junnyjake:

I seriously don't know what Forgiveness is on about.

It's simple to accept, Bertrand Traore is a full fledged intl.

He had a brilliant season at Ajax last term, also showed class at last year's Afcon as well. Solanke is still playing at the U-21 level.

He's now at Lyon and has not stopped showing class. He even scored the winning goal for them today against everton.

Apart from the Golden boot (or whatever) solanke had with the U-20, there's nothing more he has on Bertrand.

He was trying to bring something out of nothing when he said Solanke failed in the Eredivise because that is failure by his own standard for a 17 years old player in his first professional club career. Then if that be the case, it's safe to say Bertrand Traore failed woefully in his first professional club career.

Abi, what do we call an 18 years old player who could not break into Vitesse first team, and when he was given the chance with the first team scored 3 goals out of 18 games?

That is the point.

Oga! Dominic Solanke is currently playing with Liverpool. He played in the UEFA Champions League 2 or 3 days ago. So, what is the ado all about?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Mickael2:

i am seriously shocked, really. Solanke and Traore? I mean talent wise there is no comparison there and right now, this very minute Solanke is not even close to Traore.

Go back and read what brought this up.

Talent wise, Solanke has bitten him from U17 - U20. He has also bitten him in the Chelsea academy where both played.

Why was Solanke always top and recognized in everywhere he went ahead of Traore?

Traore has an edge because he is older and started professional football before Solanke but comparing them at what they did at the same age, Solanke performed better than Traore.

Let us wait for another two years before we conclude who is better. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2017
Mickael2:

Liverpool is in no way one of the best teams in the world at the moment. Solanke is what exactly at Liverpool? 3rd choice! How many games has he started? Zero! What has been his contribution in the Epl this season? I mean Liverpool has been struggling to score goals in the Epl yet he hasn't started a game!

Now let this sink in for effect. Origi saw Firmino ahead of him and Sturridge too, he left because he knew he was too good to sit on the bench. The simple matter is that if Origi stayed he would have relegated Solanke to the U23 team. Solanke gets to sit on the bench because there is an English quota that must be maintained both in the Epl and Champions league.

Oshimen on the other hand just signed a professional contract. He was not trained in any german academy, he is still learning the german language and getting used to the german system of play yet he has accumulated just about the same minutes this season as Solanke. In fact it is embarrasing that you are still bringing up Solanke as a topic of discussion.

How many games has he played for Liverpool? Open your eyes please.

Be deceiving yourself about English quota. grin

Liverpool has the same numbers of goals scored by Arsenal, Chelsea and 7 shot of Manchester United. Don't lie please.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:36am On Oct 20, 2017
forgiveness:

Go back and read what brought this up.

Talent wise, Solanke has bitten him from U17 - U20. He has also bitten him in the Chelsea academy where both played.

Why was Solanke always top and recognized in everywhere he went ahead of Traore?

Traore has an edge because he older and started professional football before Solanke but comparing them at what they did at the same age, Solanke performed better than Traore.

Let us wait for another two years before we conclude who is better. Thanks
ok we don hear. But know say solanke nor go even smell our World Cup list and your kayode Na training material rohr go use am for lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:43am On Oct 20, 2017
Mickael2:

Is Wolfsburg in the same level with Liverpool? grin

Origi fluked at Liverpool hence the need to look for a better player. Sorry.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:50am On Oct 20, 2017
[b]Will Obafemi Martins Make Nigeria's World Cup Roster? Rohr Answers[/b]

Published: October 19, 2017

Will Obafemi Martins Make Nigeria's World Cup Roster? Rohr Answers
To
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has refused to categorically rule out the option of taking former Newcastle United and Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The German tactician has stated that majority of the players that helped the national team qualify for a sixth World Cup won't be omitted from the 23-man roster.

''We will call the best men, but now everybody wants to come because we are in the World Cup,'' Gernot Rohr told HipTV when asked if Martins will be called back to the Super Eagles

''The players who brought us to the World Cup, I don't forget them.''

Obafemi Martins also played a role in Nigeria's qualification for next summer's showpiece, having made two substitute appearances against Swaziland in the second round of the World Cup qualifiers in November 2015.

The Shanghai Greenland Shenhua frontman debuted for the Super Eagles at the World Cup against Argentina on June 12, 2010.

This season, Martins has contributed to 11 goals (8 goals, 3 assists) in 15 appearances for his Chinese club.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/906973921?-18946:4882:3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Dedebanky85:
In 2014 WC buildup, can you name one team that called more than 35 to 40 players to camp. Nobody does that. The trend is towards the end of the season a coach names a 35man squad. By the tine the season ends without even coming to camp sometimes, like 5-6 names are then eliminated based on whatever parameter the coach chooses to use. I think sometimes it's based on your season end form. Then the season ends and camping/cohesion session begins for like 2 to 3 weeks. Then the scary part comes where the 23 man list is announced and some placed on standby. I think FIFA wants you to announce your squad a week b4 the competition to allow for injuries and replacements.

Also, some other teams directly name their 23 man squad straight up while players are still in their season's. Some name only 25. In recent times I have not seen any team call 100 players to camp. It's very local African nations that may still adopt your approach. But even at that they don't call a 60 - 100 man training camp.

Just name any team that used your approach. I have checked Google and I thought either of Costa Rica, Honduras or Iran may have used your approach. They named very small squads. Maybe I didn't check well, but just help me with any team that has done it in recent competitions. Thanks

I am pointing out that we shifted from the way we used to do it and this created room for bias. Most countries, especially, Europeans, South Americans and Asians, mostly have home grown teams with quality local leagues that helps in the screening process.

However, we do not have such luxury, especially, with our league in rot. Also, these other teams have better selection processes in Europe.

I am not saying we have been doing it but we departed from a system that ensured a squad of almost the very best of the country.

We can not even compare our players to the Senegalese and Ivorians who have a good pathway with the French leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:30am On Oct 20, 2017
forgiveness:

Catchment or no Catchment, Dominic Solanke is not operating in the same level with Osimhen despite the little age gap. Dominic Solanke has achieved more than Osimhen. No disrespect.

Did I say Solanke has not achieved more? It is an easier path with Solanke born and bred in England. Then growing up with the Chelsea Academy system. Then playing in different youth teams of England.

Osimhen is fighting a tough battle. Just do not make Vitesse the same level as Wolfsburg. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2017
forgiveness:

He was trying something out of nothing when he said Solanke failed in the Eredivise because that is failure by his own standard for a 17 years old player in his first professional club career then it's safe to say Bertrand Traore failed woefully in his first professional club career.

Abi, what do we call an 18 years old player who could not break into Vitesse first team, and when he was given the chance with the first team scored 3 goals out of 18 games?

That is the point.

Oga! Dominic Solanke is currently playing with Liverpool. He played in the UEFA Champions League 2 or 3 days ago. So, what is the ado all about?

bro you forgot your laughing smiley o

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The idea is not about whether most were home based or not. The idea is selecting the best players to represent the country, irrespective of their location.
You are changing it, then the home base was more and available all the time so it was easy to invite them to camp and check on them..but now is different in the sense that the world have move from that age... We monitor their progress weekin and weekout and invite the best to camp not every dick and Harry...brother let the coach do his job...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Kog45:
My point is simple give d young man little respect even if u don't rate.

Mind u i don't rate him and have never for once consider him for Eagles call up coz we have better players.

Oh rating players based on club or supporting Foreign born?pls count me out.

Unfortunately you seem not to appreciate that the club and league you play in has everything to do with quality. That quality will impact on your development and the quality if your outcome delivery.

Yes there will always be exceptions to the rule. That's why when you do well in a lower league or club you get recognised and you move upwards and onwards. This can be vice versa as a number of our boys started off in top leagues but find themselves today in the backwaters of Turkey.

So I disagree with you. Ademola, Dele Alli, Gomez, left league one to the premiership as teenagers.

You cannot compare a bench warmer in Real Madrid for instance to someone just playing in for instance the Turkish league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:48am On Oct 20, 2017
bishop88:

You are changing it, then the home base was more and available all the time so it was easy to invite them to camp and check on them..but now is different in the sense that the world have move from that age... We monitor their progress weekin and weekout and invite the best to camp not every dick and Harry...brother let the coach do his job...

some argument we av here sometime is so unnecessary, I like ur last statement anyway..."let d coach do his job"
If rohr likes,let him invite 1million players to camp fro screening,notin do am,OUR argument meant here won't influence his final decision on who and how many players to invite grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Haba. You want to put Vitesse in Wolfsburg's level. Na wa. Vitesse is not up to Wolfsburg's level.

Nowadays, so many people do not fear God.

Unfortunately Wolfsburg is a mere shadow of it former self. Narrowly missed relegation last season and they are from being a top team anymore.

Things have changed and changed for the worse for Wolfsburg. They are already this early in the season staring relegation in the face.

My assessment of Wolfsburg is that they would struggle against Wigan Athletic who are now in the English league 1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2017
Friends, Countrymen, Nairalanders!
Please allow me to voice my opinion on players we are proposing to be invited to camp for the world cup.
We are all passionate people and we want to field the best 23 at all times. But the truth of the matter is inviting 100s of players to camp doesnt help us in any way. In fact I dont wanna be the coach in such a scenario.why? You will always be faulted along the personality divide. Unless of course you are God almighty, there is no way you wont have bias or clouded judgement. You see some players ,they are skilfull but have bad attitude. How do you manage such people especially if it goes against ur principles as a coach. We all know the logical thing to do but logic isnt reality. And at the end of it all, you will still be subjected to peoples court trial.

40 top players is enough so you dont hurt too many people and then say yeah, afterall they are professionals. We are human beings ... love beings. We dont handle rejection very well. Nigeria is a country blessed with talents and as I always tell people, we can have as much teams up to team K, all filled with foreign based professionals. Thats how blessed we are. As a coach, you need to choose players that fit your ideologies because after all said and done, you are responsible for their performance even though they take the credit.

For instance, if I was a coach (thankfully i am not) my wingers and attackers have to be able to use both feet with high proficiency and accuracy. So if a player is good and always scoring with his right only, i probably wont look his side. In public court, thats just plain stupid right? As in why would I not want to take a tested and trusted right footer that scores regularly just cos he uses only right.

Now juxtapose this with having over 100 players in camp. A lot of them would av failed even before the excercise started.

Another thing is not everyone can get to play at the world cup. And hence our coach needs to base his invitations on what the invitee is coming to do in the team. Not just on hypes. The time for trying to nurture a player in the national team is quite over. This is what the last 4years was all about. The next 8 months as it were are crucial to what we hope to achieve at the world cup. Hence it is no time for trial and error. All this Peter Olayinka here, Ik uche there and Tammy over yonder only unsettles the balance of the team. While i dont have anything against inviting them, we should always question what they are coming to do in the team. Will their addition be complementing the team or be making us wish they were never invited in the first place?

An example is what happened at 2002 Korea/ Japan world cup. The whole issue was handled wrongly and what did we achieve after all our team got disbanded? We scored only 1 goal and managed only a draw against england. 2014 word cup nko? Keshi changing almost all his players. So i say lets try and be a bit patient with the players we have currently and not force too many tweaks....(to be continued)

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did I say Solanke has not achieved more? It is an easier path with Solanke born and bred in England. Then growing up with the Chelsea Academy system. Then playing in different youth teams of England.

Osimhen is fighting a tough battle. Just do not make Vitesse the same level as Wolfsburg. Simple.

I should add where you are born is irrelevant.

It's your quality that us important the Chelsea youth teams have players from all over the world. Indeed Lyon's Traore is a full international for Burkina Faso and had his first cap at 15 when still able U16 player at Chelsea.

By the way our boys still face undue racism and discrimination in the UK as well. Admittedly it's not as pronounced in the city Region of London. But come up to North England and you will be shocked.

My dream for Nigeria is to pick up the totally unknown Nigeria origin boys and use them to disgrace Nigeria. The boys excluded on race and for reasons of corruption.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:01am On Oct 20, 2017
For those who love mentioning foreign breeds as our starting line up when dey have not committed themselves officially, I heard Felix udokhai of Wolfsburg has officially TURNED rohr down d chance to play for eagles... Source OMA akatugba,(a German journalist)

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, AndSunGorilla and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.