Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11593931 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Icon4s:
Our grp is what u get when seeding is done according to that so called "Fifa ranking".

What is my take on our grp?

I have been keenly following our WC qualifiers since qualifiers for Italia '90 which commenced late 1988. I will say this is our toughest grouping.

When FIFA revised the seeding criteria and demoted us from pot2 to pot3, i knew any grp dat Nigeria falls in would b d grp of death.

What jst happened is the best teams from each of pots1,2,3&4 have been placed in grp B.

Men, this is a difficult grp in deed. It is even tougher than a typical WC grp. Cameroun, Nigeria and Algeria were at d 2014 WC, with Nigeria and Algeria reaching d second rnd. Zambia are 2012 Afcon winners-a highly gifted and experienced side.

Historically matches involving: Nigeria vs Cameroun, Nigeria vs Algeria and Nigeria vs Zambia have always proven to be explosive.
Who will ever forget the Nigeria vs Algeria clash right from 1980 AFCON to 1982 WC qualifiers double header played in 1981. What abt d Maroc '88 semi final and Algiers '90 opener and final match. We also faced Algeria enroute qualification to 1994 & 2006 WC. I can tell u dat each of those games was massive.

I need nt tell us how massive all d Nigeria vs Cameroun games have been. Right from the 1984 AFCON final, 1988 AFCON final, 1990 WC qualifiers, 1992 AFCON 3rd place match, 2000 AFCON final and 2004 AFCON quarter final.They were all big matches with big results.

Lastly Zambia. Our rivalry with Zambia may nt b as comparable with that of Algeria and Cameroun bt d rivalry is still strong. Right from 1994 AFCON to 2010 AFCON and 2013 AFCON. They have all been very close encounters. I personally see Zambia as d best footballing nation in the South of Africa.

Playing in Algiers, Yaounde and Lusaka can be some of d most dangerous places. It is always a full fledged war.However, thank God we are not going to Abidjan, Accra and Cairo. These 3 grnds to me are d most dangerous to visit.

Enough said.
So what are our chances?

Firstly, i will say I am so excited. I cant wait for the tourney to begin. Yes, bc this is also tougher than a typical AFCON grp. It is like d 2018 WC itself.
Put aside FIFA ranking. We know Nigeria is abt d greatest footballing nation in that grp. I am nt saying that makes us the favorites to go through bt dat makes us d most feared team in that grp.
Yes. Nigeria is d most unpredictable team in dat grp. Nigeria is d only team in dat grp that can raise a team dat can beat Brazil and subsequently find it difficult to beat a team like Tanzania. It simply means we have what it takes to top dat grp and also end at d bottom.

We have d potential and quality of players to do it. The area we always get it wrong is the NFF vs coaches rifts, choice of match venue, choice of players by d coaches and the underrating of d weaker opponents in our grp.

Nigreria can top that grp.

The NFF firstly needs to appoint a coach now. We need to chose a befiting home ground now. No body should pls take us to Kaduna or Kano where d weather would force us to drop some certain players. Abuja or Uyo to me would b appropriate. We have our final 2017 AFCON qualifiers game in September. Let us play dem on our chosen home ground and with d best of our players we hope to use to presecute the WC qualifiers. We can also use dat window to play another African team in a friendly to also prepare for d WC qualifiers.

The Rio Olympics is another opportunity for us to fully assess some of these young lads.

I know we are in a difficult group bt we all have to b optimistic.

By and large, we have seen us miss out at d 2006 WC and 2011, 2015 & 2017 AFCON. We must have developed a thick skin by now.
Anything can happen. We can only hope for d best for the team.

cc: TheGoodJoe, forgiveness, TheSuperNerd, safarigirl, Tbaba1234, terzurum5, Michael2, confun, joseph1033 ................

Another Brilliant Self Explanatory write up. Hit a lot of strong points. Nice one boss.

I think we should welcome this tough grouping. We have some of the best emerging talents in the World today and It is time for us to get serious. There is no better way for a team to grow except by facing tough challenges.

We can see the effect of the thrashing of Coach Siasia. It made him rethink. Even though there is still a lot of favoritism in his selection, it made him work better.

Our group is tough and this calls for seriousness from the NFF. There is no time for politics in selection.

I am not convinced if Coach Salisu Yusuf is up to this task. He looks brilliant and he is good with his selection to some extent. However, if we are to grow into the kind of team we deserve to be, we need to make up our minds on who is to lead the Super Eagles.

I hope there is an international window before the qualifiers kick off. I want us to fix a friendly against a very tough team, from Germany, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Uruguay.

Test the strength of Coach Salisu Yusuf. If he is not up to the task, we get a top quality head coach.

With the right selection and tactics, we can qualify or even top the group. This will be a good way to start our campaign for Laurels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56am On Jun 25, 2016
AIG07:

Hmmm... What can I call this?
Mehn that group is a kinda group Ghana, cote d'ivore n senegal won't pray to be... They must be smiling @us se we don enter one chance.

The last friendly matches our darling team played, was against d minnows in football(LUXEMBOURG N MALI) n our next match is against Tanzania in september(if i'm right). That means no room for big match prior to d qualifiers.
We need to win atleast all of our home matches before negotiating our chances of qualifying.

Our only hope of harnessing a strong n gelled team is d olympics. But with d list Sia1 just released today with our already established players not likely to be release has increased our odds of qualification.

Abeg make I sha keep quiet.

We should cancel that Tanzania take and pick a real tough side. There is no need hiding under the results of defeating weak opponents. These games in the qualifiers will show no mercy. We have to come prepared, tough and ready. The NFF should work quickly. Pick their phones and start making calls.

Tough games will prepare us better for this tough group.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Actually, Our first game in that "Hell, Blood, Thunder and Death" group is NOT the "Almighty" Algeria.... wink

It's actually Zambia away from home.

Here's Nigeria's Line-up of Fixtures:

Oct 3: Zambia vs Nigeria

Nov 7: Nigeria vs Algeria

Aug 28, 2017: Nigeria vs Cameroon

Sept 2, 2017: Cameroon vs Nigeria

Oct 2, 2017: Nigeria vs Zambia

Nov 6, 2017: Algeria vs Nigeria

In all my life of following the Beautiful game, Nigeria have never ever been in such "Hell, Blood, Thunder and Death" group.... not even our World cup groups of 1994, 1998, and 2002 beat this.

Well, Na so we am.... But oddly enough and surprisingly too... I am kinda looking forward to the qualifiers.

This is the period where our rising new golden generation matures.... whether they fail or succeed is one matter but their maturity is sure.

After the period of Russia 2018 (I hope to see us there against all hellish and deathly odds), Nigerian football will begin to make her marks again because by then Our Rising And New Golden Generation would have attained some big level of maturity as A TEAM. smiley

My Mind is fixed on the Post-Russia 2018 era...... wink

BUT ON RUSSIA 2018, AGAINST THESE ODDS OF ALL ODDS, THESUPERNERD REMAINS OPTIMISTIC.... smiley

You may beat us, but we won't be down long.... I promise. **winks**

Thanks for the dates of the fixtures. There is enough time for us to find out if Coach Salisu Yusuf is up to the task. It is time for the NFF to organize a tough and explosive friendly match. The kind of match that will make us know how prepared we are for the group.

Coach Keshi succeeded because he actually had tough games to prepare for tournaments (I miss Maigari).

We played the likes of USA, Catalonia, Italy.

We need tougher games because we are producing some fantastic talents and we should not waste it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tizblink: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Actually, Our first game in that "Hell, Blood, Thunder and Death" group is NOT the "Almighty" Algeria.... wink

It's actually Zambia away from home.

Here's Nigeria's Line-up of Fixtures:

Oct 3: Zambia vs Nigeria

Nov 7: Nigeria vs Algeria

Aug 28, 2017: Nigeria vs Cameroon

Sept 2, 2017: Cameroon vs Nigeria

Oct 2, 2017: Nigeria vs Zambia

Nov 6, 2017: Algeria vs Nigeria

In all my life of following the Beautiful game, Nigeria have never ever been in such "Hell, Blood, Thunder and Death" group.... not even our World cup groups of 1994, 1998, and 2002 beat this.

Well, Na so we am.... But oddly enough and surprisingly too... I am kinda looking forward to the qualifiers.

This is the period where our rising new golden generation matures.... whether they fail or succeed is one matter but their maturity is sure.

After the period of Russia 2018 (I hope to see us there against all hellish and deathly odds), Nigerian football will begin to make her marks again because by then Our Rising And New Golden Generation would have attained some big level of maturity as A TEAM. smiley

My Mind is fixed on the Post-Russia 2018 era...... wink

BUT ON RUSSIA 2018, AGAINST THESE ODDS OF ALL ODDS, THESUPERNERD REMAINS OPTIMISTIC.... smiley

You may beat us, but we won't be down long.... I promise. **winks**

What can I say?
Anyway I'm also optimistic, but the glass house should put itself in order.
Enough of all the politics in player selections and all other stuffs.

Early preparation too is key.
We should develop a style of play.

A lot has to be done.
We gotta get it right this time.

Anyway thanks for the fixtures.
The double header against cameroon is welcomed.

#LookingForward

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2016
joseph1013:
Then by definition, based on your answer, you are the optimistic one, while he is the realistic one.

While you say we have emerged from such in the past, it is not true. This is the most difficult group we have ever been put in for a World Cup qualification. He is right to say that in the recent past we have flunked far easier groups. Therefore judging the future by the past, he is just been real about our chances especially when you add the NFF factor.

I don't see how his sanity is in question here and why he deserves to be hated.

I do not hate the man, just the concept he is propagating. And we have always fluffed the easy group but we have always qualified from the difficult ones. He isn't being realistic because saying we won't qualify against Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia(we actually beat all those teams the last time we met every single one of them) isn't the situation on ground.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Icon4s:
Our grp is what u get when seeding is done according to that so called "Fifa ranking".

I have been keenly following our WC qualifiers since qualifiers for Italia '90 which commenced late 1988. I will say this is our toughest grouping.

When FIFA revised the seeding criteria and demoted us from pot2 to pot3, i knew any grp dat Nigeria falls in would b d grp of death.

What jst happened is the best teams from each of pots1,2,3&4 have been placed in grp B.

Men, this is a difficult grp in deed. It is even tougher than a typical WC grp. Cameroun, Nigeria and Algeria were at d 2014 WC, with Nigeria and Algeria reaching d second rnd. Zambia are 2012 Afcon winners-a highly gifted and experienced side.

Historically matches involving: Nigeria vs Cameroun, Nigeria vs Algeria and Nigeria vs Zambia have always proven to be explosive.
Who will ever forget the Nigeria vs Algeria clash right from 1980 AFCON to 1982 WC qualifiers double header played in 1981. What abt d Maroc '88 semi final and Algiers '90 opener and final match. We also faced Algeria enroute qualification to 1994 & 2006 WC. I can tell u dat each of those games was massive.

I need nt tell us how massive all d Nigeria vs Cameroun games have been. Right from the 1984 AFCON final, 1988 AFCON final, 1990 WC qualifiers, 1992 AFCON 3rd place match, 2000 AFCON final and 2004 AFCON quarter final.They were all big matches with big results.

Lastly Zambia. Our rivalry with Zambia may nt b as comparable with that of Algeria and Cameroun bt d rivalry is still strong. Right from 1994 AFCON to 2010 AFCON and 2013 AFCON. They have all been very close encounters. I personally see Zambia as d best footballing nation in the South of Africa.

Playing in Algiers, Yaounde and Lusaka can be some of d most dangerous places. It is always a full fledged war.However, thank God we are not going to Abidjan, Accra and Cairo. These 3 grnds to me are d most dangerous to visit.

Enough said.
So what are our chances?

Firstly, i will say I am so excited. I cant wait for the tourney to begin. Yes, bc this is also tougher than a typical AFCON grp. It is like d 2018 WC itself.
Put aside FIFA ranking. We know Nigeria is abt d greatest footballing nation in that grp. I am nt saying that makes us the favorites to go through bt dat makes us d most feared team in that grp.
Yes. Nigeria is d most unpredictable team in dat grp. Nigeria is d only team in dat grp that can raise a team dat can beat Brazil and subsequently find it difficult to beat a team like Tanzania. It simply means we have what it takes to top dat grp and also end at d bottom.

We have d potential and quality of players to do it. The area we always get it wrong is the NFF vs coaches rifts, choice of match venue, choice of players by d coaches and the underrating of d weaker opponents in our grp.

The NFF firstly needs to appoint a coach now. We need to chose a befiting home ground now. No body should pls take us to Kaduna or Kano where d weather would force us to drop some certain players. Abuja or Uyo to me would b appropriate. We have our final 2017 AFCON qualifiers game in September. Let us play dem on our chosen home ground and with d best of our players we hope to use to presecute the WC qualifiers. We can also use dat window to play another African team in a friendly to also prepare for d WC qualifiers.

The Rio Olympics is another opportunity for us to fully assess some of these young lads.

By and large, we have seen us miss out at d 2006 WC and 2011, 2015 & 2017 AFCON. We must have developed a thick skin by now.

cc: TheGoodJoe, forgiveness, TheSuperNerd, safarigirl, Tbaba1234, terzurum5, Michael2, confun, joseph1033 ................

You have said it all. But I am not really scared of Cameroun because we will always trash them in normal games. You know what I am talking about.

Algeria with all their stars will even ginger our players to bend dem put for one corner because we always perform better when we meet tougher opponents.

Zambia na em I fear pass. They are so so team without big names hence we might make light of them as usual.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Enough said.
So what are our chances?

Nice write up Sir.

One of the main reasons why we need a substantive Coach for the Super Eagles. We needed to hit the ground running several months ago and not just now.

This is for real group of death !!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
Basically, this group pits the best teams from each part of the continent against each other.

Like observed by many on here, this will easily be the group of death of all groups of death. you can't even get such a grouping at the World Cup, I don't even think England would finish second or third in this group, even Belgium will struggle for a second place position.

I can only take solace in the fact that we turn up for the big games, just when the SE have been counted out, they shock everyone.

i'm hoping for the best, hoping we can pull out the needed results and we have to start with getting a great result in Lusaka, that game and our home game against Algeria will strongly determine our fate.

funny enough, i'm least afraid of Cameroon. it's names like Riyad Mahrez, Slimani, Feghouli and Brahimi that have me cringing.

October is still a long time, the EPL will be in full swing by then, a lot can happen by that time. Mahrez may not be as deadly as he was last season, forms will drop and teams will be built. so yeah, we await October 3rd smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
safarigirl:
Basically, this group pits the best teams from each part of the continent against each other.

Like observed by many on here, this will easily be the group of death of all groups of death. you can't even get such a grouping at the World Cup, I don't even think England would finish second or third in this group, even Belgium will struggle for a second place position.

I can only take solace in the fact that we turn up for the big games, just when the SE have been counted out, they shock everyone.

i'm hoping for the best, hoping we can pull out the needed results and we have to start with getting a great result in Lusaka, that game and our home game against Algeria will strongly determine our fate.

funny enough, i'm least afraid of Cameroon. it's names like Riyad Mahrez, Slimani, Feghouli and Brahimi that have me cringing.

October is still a long time, the EPL will be in full swing by then, a lot can happen by that time. Mahrez may not be as deadly as he was last season, forms will drop and teams will be built. so yeah, we await October 3rd smiley

To me whoever wins this group is the king of Africa. This can either bring back Nigerian football or finish it for good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
SUPER EAGLES COACH: PINNICK WANTS STEFANOVIC, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PUSHING FOR PAUL LE GUEN
[/size]

A new coach for the Super Eagles of Nigeria might not be announced in the next two weeks as planned unless there is a swift resolution to the disagreement about who gets the job between French man Paul Le Guen and Serbian’s Goran Stefanovic.

Stefanovic is the preferred choice of president of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick, who is keen on the Serb’s abilities due to his wealth of experience especially in Africa and affordability in comparism to other coaches who will certainly demand more in terms of salary.

However members of the Technical Committee of the NFF are convinced that French man Paul Le Guen is the most qualified candidate for the job based on his pedigree and heroics with Cameroun in the run up to the 2010 World Cup where he qualified them from an almost impossible situation after taking over the job midway through the qualifiers.

Members of the Technical committee believe that Le Guen has the pedigree that will naturally command respect from players of the Super Eagles which will help bring the much needed sanity and discipline the football house is trying to instill in the senior national team.

The row could drag on further and possibly delay the annoucement of a coach for the Super Eagles who are still without a manager despite been drawn in a tough World Cup 2018 group that include Algeria,Cameroun and Zambia.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/27/super-eagles-coach-pinnick-wants-stefanovic-technical-committee-pushing-for-paul-le-guen/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
TARIBO WEST: SALISU YUSUF NOT RIPE ENOUGH TO LEAD EAGLES
[/size]

Former Super Eagles defender Taribo West has backed the Nigeria Football Federation in their quest to hire a foreign coach for the Nigeria senior national team insisting that caretaker manager Salisu Yusuf is not ripe enough to tinker the Super Eagles.

There have been calls in the local media for the former Kano Pillars coach to be allowed to coach Nigeria through the World Cup 2018 qualifiers based on his recent exploit with the team in friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg.

However West who played for the Super Eagles from 1997 to 2002 believes people making calls for Yusuf to be retained are those who stand to profit from his permanent employment.

The outspoken former Auxerre,Inter Milan,AC Milan, Derby County and Partizan Belgrade defence hard man in an exclusive chat with Owngoalnigeria.com believes the tight nature of Nigeria’s group for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers neccisates the need to get an expatriate coach.

” I have watched with keen interest the debate on if Salisu Yusuf should be retained or not and my take is he is not ripe enough to handle the Super Eagles in competitive games especially at this time when we are under pressure for missing two consecutive Africa Cup of Nations” He told Owngoalnigeria.com

” The last two editions of the Cup of Nations we failed to qualify for was down to marginal technical error on the part of our coaches against superior coaches of our opponent, we can’t afford to make such mistake again.

“This is the World Cup qualifiers and with all due respect if we want to qualify from a group that has Cameroun, Algeria and Zambia we need a better coach than Salisu Yusuf”.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/27/taribo-west-salisu-yusuf-not-ripe-enough-to-lead-eagles/
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:31am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
MBAKOGU TURNS DOWN APPROACH FROM PESCARA, HEADS TO CAGLIARI?
[/size]

Jerry Mbakogu of relegated Serie A side Carpi has turned down an approach from newly promoted Serie A side Pescara admist reports he is set to join another Serie A side Cagliari.

Owngoalnigeria.com picked up leaks from the Italian media that the 23 year old was approached by Pescara to join them following the departure of Gianluca Lapadula to AC Milan but the forward rejected the approach as he wants to go for a team with top flight experience.

Despite rumours of interest in his services from teams in Germany, Russia and Turkey he was reportedly cited on the Sardinian shortly after Corriere dello Sport reported he is a prime target for Cagliari.

Mbakogu endured a dismal season in the top flight of Italian football last season failing to match his exploits in the Serie B where he scored 15 goals as he managed to score just two goals from 24 games, a poor tally made worse by his missing two penalties in a single game.

Still highly rated in Italy he is expected to be farmed out on loan by Carpi with an eye on trading him off in the future despite turning down bids for his services 12 months ago.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/26/mbakogu-turns-down-approach-from-pescara-heads-to-cagliari/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:31am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: SOUTHAMPTON MAKE BID FOR £25m RATED NIGERIAN FORWARD
[/size]

English Premiership side Southampton have made a bid in the region of just over £20m for CSKA Moscow £25m rated Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa.

Southampton we gathered have moved swiftly to replace Liverpool bound Sadio Mane with the Nigerian who have had two bids for his services from Leicester City rejected by the Russian side.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered from sources close to the Super Eagles vice captain that the bid from the Saints is close to CSKA’s valuation of the 23 year old with the fee set to rise further in add ons and future payments base on his success at St. Mary’s.

“Musa is back in Russia for pre season training but I can confirm to you that few days ago we got a bid from Southampton for his services but CSKA Moscow are yet to respond, Musa has not hidden his desire to play in England, we pray they respect his wish this time around” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“Although the bid did not meet CSKA’s asking price but it is very close to it and in the future they could earn more depending on Musa performs with Southampton”.

Last season Musa hit double digits goals for the second season running by scoring 13 goals, three more than his tally for the previous season, aside his goals his assist rate has experienced a similar rise from 4 two seasons ago to 8 last season.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/28/exclusive-southampton-make-bid-for-25m-rated-nigerian-forward/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
SUPER EAGLES COACH: PINNICK WANTS STEFANOVIC, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PUSHING FOR PAUL LE GUEN
[/size]

A new coach for the Super Eagles of Nigeria might not be announced in the next two weeks as planned unless there is a swift resolution to the disagreement about who gets the job between French man Paul Le Guen and Serbian’s Goran Stefanovic.

Stefanovic is the preferred choice of president of the Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick, who is keen on the Serb’s abilities due to his wealth of experience especially in Africa and affordability in comparism to other coaches who will certainly demand more in terms of salary.

However members of the Technical Committee of the NFF are convinced that French man Paul Le Guen is the most qualified candidate for the job based on his pedigree and heroics with Cameroun in the run up to the 2010 World Cup where he qualified them from an almost impossible situation after taking over the job midway through the qualifiers.

Members of the Technical committee believe that Le Guen has the pedigree that will naturally command respect from players of the Super Eagles which will help bring the much needed sanity and discipline the football house is trying to instill in the senior national team.

The row could drag on further and possibly delay the annoucement of a coach for the Super Eagles who are still without a manager despite been drawn in a tough World Cup 2018 group that include Algeria,Cameroun and Zambia.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/27/super-eagles-coach-pinnick-wants-stefanovic-technical-committee-pushing-for-paul-le-guen/
[/b]

I think PAUL LE GUEN is far better and will be okay for the eagles with this his profile i red on wikipedia unlike the Stevanovic which his profile is not more intimated at all.. PAUL is full of experience unlike the latter.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
lakesidepapa:

I think PAUL LE GUEN is far better and will be okay for the eagles with this his profile i red on wikipedia unlike the Stevanovic which his profile is not more intimated at all.. PAUL is full of experience unlike the latter.

There are both nothing far from mediocre coaches. Why spend so much money for Coaches who have mediocre records? What is their philosophy? What is their style of play? What will they bring in to our team.

This debate is terrible and shows that these so called Technical committee people are far from the kind of people we need running our football.

We should be fighting for Bielsa, Sampaoli who were former Chile Coaches. There are better coaches who have a lot to add to our teams.

What makes these men better than Coach Salisu Yusuf? White Skin?

Why not organize a top friendly game and let us assess if Coach Salisu Yusuf is good enough before running and spending money from Coaches who have weak coaching honors.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There are both nothing far from mediocre coaches. Why spend so much money for Coaches who have mediocre records? What is their philosophy? What is their style of play? What will they bring in to our team.

This debate is terrible and shows that these so called Technical committee people are far from the kind of people we need running our football.

We should be fighting for Bielsa, Sampaoli who were former Chile Coaches. There are better coaches who have a lot to add to our teams.

What makes these men better than Coach Salisu Yusuf? White Skin?

Why not organize a top friendly game and let us assess if Coach Salisu Yusuf is good enough before running and spending money from Coaches who have weak coaching honors.

Yes I totally agreed with u sir. Joe, they are all bunch of second class if not third world class coaches. I preferred Paul due to his past coaching experience with PSG, Lyon and some top clubs in europe. Currently, The dupe managerial capacity lays low to SE, we need something better than this if not the best. That serb is hell no..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hey! My God!!! Who is Paul Le Chinchin again?!!!!! I thought they were fighting to appoint a better coach but Le Chinchin?! My God! We have many good coaches out there, top coaches who are currently unemployed, why these guys?! Southgate is even a better choice! We have better choices please

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mickael2:
Hey! My God!!! Who is Paul Le Chinchin again?!!!!! I thought they were fighting to appoint a better coach but Le Chinchin?! My God! We have many good coaches out there, top coaches who are currently unemployed, why these guys?! Southgate is even a better choice! We have better choices please

I do not understand this NFF. We should be thinking of pulling a memorable AFCON and World Cup with the talents we have. Look at the level their thinking.

The members of the NFF should call Bielsa. If he says no, call Sampaoli if he says no, call Leonardo. There is a big chance Leonardo will take the job. He has an eye for talents. Just as he helped discover Pato and Kaka for AC Milan. He helped discover Coutinho for Inter Milan.

Leonardo plays a creative beautiful brand of 4-4-2 that requires creative and attacking players that will suit of creative attacking young Stars. His style of play is similar to that of the great Brazilian team of the eighties with Zico and Socrates.

The NFF should set their targets high.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not understand this NFF. We should be thinking of pulling a memorable AFCON and World Cup with the talents we have. Look at the level their thinking.

The members of the NFF should call Bielsa. If he says no, call Sampaoli if he says no, call Leonardo. There is a big chance Leonardo will take the job. He has an eye for talents. Just as he helped discover Pato and Kaka for AC Milan. He helped discover Coutinho for Inter Milan.

Leonardo plays a creative beautiful brand of 4-4-2 that requires creative and attacking players that will suit of creative attacking young Stars. His style of play is similar to that of the great Brazilian team of the eighties with Zico and Socrates.

The NFF should set their targets high.

the NFF won't do listen to you even if they see this your post, why? Because you are making a lot of sense and frankly, the NFF just likes rubbish. I think the agents of these coaches are meeting them specially or something if not can someone please explain to me why a country like Nigeria would ever invite a coach like Berti Vogts for screening talkless of actually employing him, this is criminal injustice!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mickael2:

the NFF won't do listen to you even if they see this your post, why? Because you are making a lot of sense and frankly, the NFF just likes rubbish. I think the agents of these coaches are meeting them specially or something if not can someone please explain to me why a country like Nigeria would ever invite a coach like Berti Vogts for screening talkless of actually employing him, this is criminal injustice!

As a Scotland fan once said, Berti Vogtz destroyed the Football of Scotland to the Grassroots. He was shocked Nigeria still hired Berti Vogtz after his disaster in Scotland.

Lars Lagerback failed to Sweden for The World Cup but we sacked Amodu who qualified Nigeria and employed Lars Lagerback.

It is not today NFF started misbehaving

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:38am On Jun 29, 2016
If all the NFF can hire is what is on the pages of Newspapers then we may be going back to the unproductive and backward days of Berti Vogts and Lars Lagerback.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tizblink: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2016
The NFF needs a good knock on the head.
Always celebrating mediocre.
Just see how they'd Immortalise Le Guen when he's appointed.
Seriously need lotta changes in vhis country

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigerian football fans are more confused than the characters in NFF

#Deliberately cryptic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2016
semid4lyfe:
Nigerian football fans are more confused than the characters in NFF

#Deliberately cryptic

Can you expantiate on what you mean? I do not know of other fans. As for me, I will still stand by my point. If we are removing Coach Salisu Yusuf for a foreign coach, then we need a coach who has a trade mark philosophy and style.

He must be a coach who stands for creative attacking play and who likes to keep the ball. This kind of Coach will utilize our best talents and which in turn can raise our strongest possible team.

With talents like Yahaya, Musa Mohammed, Usman Mohammed, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Success, S. Moses, V. Moses, Osimhen, C. Nwakali, K. Nwakali, Nwobodo, Ndidi, I. Matthew, A. Musa, Blessing Eleke, Godwin Obaje, Chikatara etc. Our football needs a very creative playing Coach.

Anything less than these kind of coaches will mean less use of our talents.

We need coaches like Bielsa, Sampaoli or Leonardo. Coaches that play with high tempo.

Anything less than this is confusion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Based on the way things are now.... I concur with the writer.

Especially on the point of a new generation of coaches still maturing in Nigerian football like Emmanuel Amuneke (my eyes are really on him), Imama Amapakabo, Kennedy Boboye, Audu Maikaba, Manu Garba and Salisu Yusuf....

Let them mature while we appoint a "quality" foreign coach. Let's tell ourselves the truth here based on current happenings. smiley

Note: Dalung and his cowboys in the sports ministry better not interfere with the issue of a foreign coach. Their cluelessness is absolutely irritating.
.........................…............................................................

OPINION: Yes, Nigeria need a foreign coach

"We are looking for the best man for the job, not the best English man" - English FA chief, Martin Glein on the next Three Lions coach.

What else do I need to buttress my position than this quote? These are the inventors of the game but for the third time in recent times, they are not ruling out the possibility of a foreigner taking charge of the national team.

There is a proposal to have U21 coach Gareth Southgate on interim basis for about a year to supervise the World Cup qualifiers.

He could land the job on permanent basis afterwards, but the FA know his limitations and the odds against him. They have Claudio Ranieri and Arsene Wenger on their wishlist in the long term.

But here we are contesting the rationale behind NFF's decision to hire a foreign coach. You could argue against the delay in hiring the foreign coach given the enormity of the assignment at hand; you could also contest the quality and qualification of the in-coming coach; but you can't contest the fact that we need to look beyond these shores this time.

Nobody can comfortably argue in favour of an indigenous coach being at the helm of the national team during these World Cup qualifiers. We have stood behind them for eight years now.

Yes, beyond the four months Lars Lagerback was on the saddle in 2010, local coaches have been in charge since 2008. During this period, we have used six of them namely Shuaibu Amodu, Austin Eguavoen, Samson Siasia, Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh and Salisu Yusuf. But where is our football today?

In six AFCONs during this period (if you include the already bungled AFCON 2017), we have missed four. We have not been to three of the last four and for the first time, we are missing AFCON back-to-back. So, from being the traditional bronze medalists at AFCON, we are no longer guaranteed a ticket which the likes of Cape Verde now secure with more ease.

This is where the confidence reposed on our indigenous coaches for the last eight years has placed us. So if you were the NFF president today, would you still go for an indigenous coach? What indices would you be relying on to take such a decision?

If you keep doing something the same way and it is not working wouldn't you do it differently and see if it works. If you persist on that faulty formula, that is the definition of FOOLISHNESS.

Most of the countries bossing us on the continent today have foreign coaches. We keep sticking to what we have and keep retrogressing. At the risk of being lampooned by the indigenous coaches and their apologists (as if I hate them more), the truth must be told.

We have exhausted all we have here and nothing seems to be working. There is a new generation of coaches coming up like Emmanuel Amuneke, Imama Amapakabo and Kennedy Boboye. We have to wait for them to develop but before then, a foreigner should be on the saddle.

We need somebody who doesn't know anybody here; that will not take recourse to any players agent. We need somebody to eschew sentiments; extend invitations and make selections on merit and bring us back to winning ways.

Yes, our football is at that point when we must get our playing personnel spot on to move on. May be I'm being so blunt; but the fact is that questionable selections, biased invitations fueled by ' paddy paddy ' players’ agents have been the bane of our national team for the past eight years.

That is what has brought us to where we are today.

That is what has brought this GIANT down to its knees.

That is what has made this ELEPHANT a prey for ANTS.

At some point, England fell back on the likes Sven Goran Erickson and Fabio Capello. Now they have failed again with an indigenous coach and have not ruled out the possibility of hiring a foreign coach.

Perhaps, we will also argue that we have better indigenous coaches than England. Will we also contend that we have more established internationals than a country that has the likes of Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand and Garry Neville also eyeing the job. But they are simply being frank with themselves.

I'm more concerned with how soon this new foreign coach will be unveiled. The argument to allow a local coach execute the October World Cup qualifier doesn't hold water.

Our group opponents Algeria just signed on a Serbian coach. This announcement should not go beyond next week. Three months is ample time to prosecute a World Cup qualifier and get a result.

Of course, he will have the formality AFCON qualifier against Tanzania to get a good look at his boys in a competitive setting.

We also have to be concerned about the qualifications of the coach. We are not looking for a Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho, but we could get a decent enough coach. The fact is that the Guardiolas don't come to Africa. Most of the coaches who come to this continent hone their stuff here. We may not get a Grade A coach but we can get a grade B or C+ but not a D. Once we sort out the timing and the quality of the coach, it's okay.

Let's do what we have not been doing for the past eight years - hand a foreign coach a long-term contract.
We will come back to our indigenous coaches, they are here with us. But we need a REVOLUTION...

By Clement Nwankpa Jnr

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=632507

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2016
Another person writing with just one side of the problem. The fact is that, a local Coach is the best Coach who ran Nigerian football. That means our local coaches can achieve.

Our problem is not local coaches but myopic people running our football. This last qualifiers we played would have been difficult for any Coach, whether local or foreign after Niger pulled out of the qualifiers. It was only the winner of the group to qualify. Not just local coaches.

It was the NFF that chose an unqualified Sunday Oliseh over a lot of qualified Nigerian coaches with experience.

It will be myopic if this person thinks a foreign Coach will come and reign supreme. Be the A and Amen of the team. There was a report that said Paul Le Guen wants Okocha to work as his assistant coach and the NFF men kicked against it. That is a sign to show that the coach's words are not final.

We need to be creative when selecting a coach. Find rising gems.

We have employed Foreign coaches and they were not better than sticking with our local coaches. Trousierre did not bring much better than Amodu. Trousierre's assistant, Coach Monday Sinclair proved he was a better Coach and understood what we needed to succeed. Sinclair's Super Eagles was a better side than the foreign Trousierre.

Lars Lagerback and Berti Vogts were not better than Coach Keshi. Coach Keshi beat foreign coaches in African Football. So what are these guys saying.

Another problem is the quick fix mentality. We want our problems solved overnight. A foreign Coach will not wave his magic wand and have us playing like Argentina. Just like Westerhoff, we need the to grow.

Even if we are going for a foreign Coach, we need to give he Coach time. Not if the coach fails to qualify, we sack. The NFF members should chill also. If you get a coach, thy should support the coach. Not fight the coach as Pinnick did with Coach Keshi. Refused to pay him and kept on shouting we need a better Coach. Only for the same Pinnick to call Coach Oliseh the Guardiola of Africa.

Left to me, Keep Salisu Yusuf on a temporary basis. Organize a tough friendly for him and see if he is good enough. If he does well like Draw or beat Germany or Belgium, there is no need spending a fortune on a Foreign Coach. Support him by paying his salary regularly and do not interfere with his work.

Then Prepare for Amunike.

TheSuperNerd:
Based on the way things are now.... I concur with the writer.

Especially on the point of a new generation of coaches still maturing in Nigerian football like Emmanuel Amuneke (my eyes are really on him), Imama Amapakabo, Kennedy Boboye, Audu Maikaba, Manu Garba and Salisu Yusuf....

Let them mature while we appoint a "quality" foreign coach. Let's tell ourselves the truth here based on current happenings. smiley

Note: Dalung and his cowboys in the sports ministry better not interfere with the issue of a foreign coach. Their cluelessness is absolutely irritating.
.........................…............................................................

OPINION: Yes, Nigeria need a foreign coach

"We are looking for the best man for the job, not the best English man" - English FA chief, Martin Glein on the next Three Lions coach.

What else do I need to buttress my position than this quote? These are the inventors of the game but for the third time in recent times, they are not ruling out the possibility of a foreigner taking charge of the national team.

There is a proposal to have U21 coach Gareth Southgate on interim basis for about a year to supervise the World Cup qualifiers.

He could land the job on permanent basis afterwards, but the FA know his limitations and the odds against him. They have Claudio Ranieri and Arsene Wenger on their wishlist in the long term.

But here we are contesting the rationale behind NFF's decision to hire a foreign coach. You could argue against the delay in hiring the foreign coach given the enormity of the assignment at hand; you could also contest the quality and qualification of the in-coming coach; but you can't contest the fact that we need to look beyond these shores this time.

Nobody can comfortably argue in favour of an indigenous coach being at the helm of the national team during these World Cup qualifiers. We have stood behind them for eight years now.

Yes, beyond the four months Lars Lagerback was on the saddle in 2010, local coaches have been in charge since 2008. During this period, we have used six of them namely Shuaibu Amodu, Austin Eguavoen, Samson Siasia, Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh and Salisu Yusuf. But where is our football today?

In six AFCONs during this period (if you include the already bungled AFCON 2017), we have missed four. We have not been to three of the last four and for the first time, we are missing AFCON back-to-back. So, from being the traditional bronze medalists at AFCON, we are no longer guaranteed a ticket which the likes of Cape Verde now secure with more ease.

This is where the confidence reposed on our indigenous coaches for the last eight years has placed us. So if you were the NFF president today, would you still go for an indigenous coach? What indices would you be relying on to take such a decision?

If you keep doing something the same way and it is not working wouldn't you do it differently and see if it works. If you persist on that faulty formula, that is the definition of FOOLISHNESS.

Most of the countries bossing us on the continent today have foreign coaches. We keep sticking to what we have and keep retrogressing. At the risk of being lampooned by the indigenous coaches and their apologists (as if I hate them more), the truth must be told.

We have exhausted all we have here and nothing seems to be working. There is a new generation of coaches coming up like Emmanuel Amuneke, Imama Amapakabo and Kennedy Boboye. We have to wait for them to develop but before then, a foreigner should be on the saddle.

We need somebody who doesn't know anybody here; that will not take recourse to any players agent. We need somebody to eschew sentiments; extend invitations and make selections on merit and bring us back to winning ways.

Yes, our football is at that point when we must get our playing personnel spot on to move on. May be I'm being so blunt; but the fact is that questionable selections, biased invitations fueled by ' paddy paddy ' players’ agents have been the bane of our national team for the past eight years.

That is what has brought us to where we are today.

That is what has brought this GIANT down to its knees.

That is what has made this ELEPHANT a prey for ANTS.

At some point, England fell back on the likes Sven Goran Erickson and Fabio Capello. Now they have failed again with an indigenous coach and have not ruled out the possibility of hiring a foreign coach.

Perhaps, we will also argue that we have better indigenous coaches than England. Will we also contend that we have more established internationals than a country that has the likes of Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand and Garry Neville also eyeing the job. But they are simply being frank with themselves.

I'm more concerned with how soon this new foreign coach will be unveiled. The argument to allow a local coach execute the October World Cup qualifier doesn't hold water.

Our group opponents Algeria just signed on a Serbian coach. This announcement should not go beyond next week. Three months is ample time to prosecute a World Cup qualifier and get a result.

Of course, he will have the formality AFCON qualifier against Tanzania to get a good look at his boys in a competitive setting.

We also have to be concerned about the qualifications of the coach. We are not looking for a Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho, but we could get a decent enough coach. The fact is that the Guardiolas don't come to Africa. Most of the coaches who come to this continent hone their stuff here. We may not get a Grade A coach but we can get a grade B or C+ but not a D. Once we sort out the timing and the quality of the coach, it's okay.

Let's do what we have not been doing for the past eight years - hand a foreign coach a long-term contract.
We will come back to our indigenous coaches, they are here with us. But we need a REVOLUTION...

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=632507
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Algeria Football Federation have appointed
former Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac as their
new national coach... Milovan is better than those coaches NFF is roaming with.. Anyway, they need to think and act fast..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
In terms of experience in African football, yes, Milovan Rajevac trumps Rogic, Stefanovic and the other Serb.

He also edges Le Guen in African football experience...... But is he better than Le Guen?? Absolute No!!!

lakesidepapa:
The Algeria Football Federation have appointed
new national coach... Milovan is better than those coaches NFF is roaming with.. Anyway, they need to think and act fast..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Sir GoodJoe.... I don't think this is matter of who is better between a foreign coach and an indigenous coach. We have indigenous coaches who trumped their foreign counterparts... Keshi did it... Even Amodu did it.

Eguavoen did it to some extent at Egypt 2006 Afcon also.

But the issue now is to get a coach we will stick with for the next 3-4.5 yrs.... while preparing the way for the likes of Amuneke, Amapakabo, Maikaba, Boboye et al to rise more and mature enough for takeover by the time 2020 comes around ahead of Qatar 2022.... most especially Amuneke... coz his football philosophy is very sound indeed.

Salisu Yusuf is our only sound local option for the Super Eagles and if we do as you say and he flunks against Those stronger teams nko.... what then??

We got no time for experimentation now... We need to take a sound logical decision and appoint a good coach with some sound credentials. October 3rd is not far off....

We need to look beyond our shores just this one More time not because the foreign coaches are better but because, AT THE MOMENT, we lack options for the role ourselves locally.... what we have now are Skilled Coaches still rising in the game with lots and lots of potentials and will need a little more time before they take the reins of the Super Eagles on a substantive basis.

But in the long run and after all is said and done, It is still the disorganization of the NFF and the cluelessness of the sports minister that will make things complicated... exacerbating an already bad situation.

Well, I still Believe.....

TheGoodJoe:
Another person writing with just one side of the problem. The fact is that, a local Coach is the best Coach who ran Nigerian football. That means our local coaches can achieve.

Our problem is not local coaches but myopic people running our football. This last qualifiers we played would have been difficult for any Coach, whether local or foreign after Niger pulled out of the qualifiers. It was only the winner of the group to qualify. Not just local coaches.

It was the NFF that chose an unqualified Sunday Oliseh over a lot of qualified Nigerian coaches with experience.

It will be myopic if this person thinks a foreign Coach will come and reign supreme. Be the A and Amen of the team. There was a report that said Paul Le Guen wants Okocha to work as his assistant coach and the NFF men kicked against it. That is a sign to show that the coach's words are not final.

We need to be creative when selecting a coach. Find rising gems.

We have employed Foreign coaches and they were not better than sticking with our local coaches. Trousierre did not bring much better than Amodu. Trousierre's assistant, Coach Monday Sinclair proved he was a better Coach and understood what we needed to succeed. Sinclair's Super Eagles was a better side than the foreign Trousierre.

Lars Lagerback and Berti Vogts were not better than Coach Keshi. Coach Keshi beat foreign coaches in African Football. So what are these guys saying.

Another problem is the quick fix mentality. We want our problems solved overnight. A foreign Coach will not wave his magic wand and have us playing like Argentina. Just like Westerhoff, we need the to grow.

Even if we are going for a foreign Coach, we need to give he Coach time. Not if the coach fails to qualify, we sack. The NFF members should chill also. If you get a coach, thy should support the coach. Not fight the coach as Pinnick did with Coach Keshi. Refused to pay him and kept on shouting we need a better Coach. Only for the same Pinnick to call Coach Oliseh the Guardiola of Africa.

Left to me, Keep Salisu Yusuf on a temporary basis. Organize a tough friendly for him and see if he is good enough. If he does well like Draw or beat Germany or Belgium, there is no need spending a fortune on a Foreign Coach. Support him by paying his salary regularly and do not interfere with his work.

Then Prepare for Amunike.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
I am sure if it was NIGERIA that appointed this man, he would have been called all manner of ridiculous adjective names, he is Serbia, 2nd rated coach, not better than a nigerian coach". In my own opinion and from my observations over 8 years of saddling nigeria football with our mediocre coaches, who trade players in the national team for their own parochial needs and sentiment, an average European coach who has coached a national team or average club side in Europe is far better than the most intelligent Nigeria coach who has not coached beyond Africa. Until I insist, that until Nigeria coaches eschew themselves of NEPOTISM, PAROCHIAL SENTIMENT, PADDY PADDY PLAYER, GREED AND MEDIOCRITY, I WILL CONTINUE TO STAND WITH AN EUROPEAN COACH.quote author=lakesidepapa post=47040441]The Algeria Football Federation have appointed
new national coach... Milovan is better than those coaches NFF is roaming with.. Anyway, they need to think and act fast.. [/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), Neobulletzz(m), ThanosKilla(m), Sugarboyy(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.