Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11595727 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2017
FIFA has officially voted to expand the World Cup to 48 teams!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
chrisooblog:
Yes Danny Shittu big fan of his. Wasn't the most athletic or technical of players but his work ethic, determination and big heart stood him out for me among the defenders of the mid 2000 era
You are right,one of d most under rated defender to come out of Nigeria.Bolton fc was very unfair to him coz he wasn't giving d chance and most naija fans don't really appreciate him but better than most of d defenders w paraded in year 2000s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
To be honest I don't buy into the Fabian hype. Still needs to prove himself club wise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
chrisooblog:
To be honest I don't buy into the Fabian hype. Still needs to prove himself club wise
Thank God I wasn't the one who said this this time around.
As I said I wish our U20 team is still in contention.

Look at Sadiq Umar's case. Nothing we no hear. Some even said he had replaced Dzeko at AS Roma. Some even felt he could be better than Ighalo in training.

Thank God for the Olympics we for still no fit hear word for this thread.

I feel the NFF should organise an U20 tourney or another super6 or Super4 tourney with our U20/21 players competing against NPFL club sides. We need to see how ready some of these our youngsters are for senior team action.

I would want to see players like Stanley Amuzie, Dozie Awaziem, Nura Abdulahi, Musa Mohammed, Azubuike, Chidi Nwakali, Kelechi Nwakali, Orji Okonkwo, Obinna Nwobodo, Ifeanyi Mathew, Musa Yahaya,Kingsley Michael, Onyekuru, Taiwo Awoniyi, Victor Osimhen, Sadiq Umar, Samuel Chukwueze among others plus the Fabian guy. This is a pool of highly talented teens and 20yrs olds. We need to harvest the best of them to start training with the Super Eagles.
The tourney can be played at end of European season which is June.Our remaining WC qualifiers starts in August. So, who knows? A couple of these boys could make it into the Super Eagles.

We wasted that Korea U19 tourney, we could have used that opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
Icon4s:

Look at Sadiq Umar's case. Nothing we no hear. Some even said he had replaced Dzeko at AS Roma. Some even felt he could be better than Ighalo in training.

I feel the NFF should organise an U20 tourney or another super6 or Super4 tourney with our U20/21 players competing against NPFL club sides. We need to see how ready some of these our youngsters are for senior team action.

I would want to see players like Stanley Amuzie, Dozie Awaziem, Nura Abdulahi, Musa Mohammed, Azubuike, Chidi Nwakali, Kelechi Nwakali, Orji Okonkwo, Obinna Nwobodo, Ifeanyi Mathew, Musa Yahaya,Kingsley Michael, Onyekuru, Taiwo Awoniyi, Victor Osimhen, Sadiq Umar, Samuel Chukwueze among others plus the Fabian guy. This is a pool of highly talented teens and 20yrs olds. We need to harvest the best of them to start training with the Super Eagles.
The tourney can be played at end of European season which is June.Our remaining WC qualifiers starts in August. So, who knows? A couple of these boys could make it into the Super Eagles.

Sadiq Umar is even in a better position than Fabian. He is in the first team of Bologna and has come in as a sub, several times. Fabian is yet to find his feet. I do not think, he is even close to be ready.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
@Joseph1013 n terzurum. Why did u guys drop ur red paint for a water colour. The bolded fonts u use before is more appealling to d sight.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
goldfish80:

So Rohr should invite every 20yr old in Europe to try out with Nigeria's men national team? Do you think the Nff have that kind of money to throw around?

You like me repeating myself. I said because of the good reviews from Fabian's academy, the press reviews and the fact he was captain of both academies he played for, shows promise.

The journalist believes Fabian is a promising talent. When Nike scouted him, he was listed among the top five promising players of his generation. Also Leon Balogun believes he has something to offer the Super Eagles and convinced him to pledge his allegiance to us.

I wonder how every twenty year old Nigerian fits into this profile to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2017
tbaba1234:

Sadiq Umar is even in a better position than Fabian. He is in the first team of Bologna and has come in as a sub, several times. Fabian is yet to find his feet. I do not think, he is even close to be ready.

I did not hear Rohr complain that attackers are our problem. Rohr said he is searching for full backs. Sadiq does not fit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
CFCman:
FIFA has officially voted to expand the World Cup to 48 teams!!
i think d mode in which d tournament will be played still makes t fair to some extent.

With 48teams place into 16 groups of 3 each and 2 winners from each group progressing into d knockout stages, thereby not tampering wit d number of matches of 7 to be played by d finalist-is a gr8 achievement for Infantino-i think d time/period will only be extended beyond 31days which might affect european football clubs pre-season calenders.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
terzurum5:

Thanks.

The other style I used earlier was also from your posts, untill it started misbehaving.

Cc: Orkpekyandega
cc: AIG07
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Icon4s:

You forgot to mention that some hear accurately predicted that Sadiq Umar will make the Olympics team and he now wears the Olympics Bronze Medal.

Sadiq Umar can do what Ighalo is currently doing now. Going games without goals.
tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
Icon4s:

Vote Icon4s for NFF President. You have my vote. No shaking.

Exactly, we can organize low scale friendlies too and use the international breaks to have a close look at our promising talents. Even organize friendly games at the U20 level.

Teams that are going to the African and European youth Championship will love to have a go at some of our bright talents.

Very impressive contribution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
AIG07:
@Joseph1013 n terzurum. Why did u guys drop ur red paint for a water colour. The bolded fonts u use before is more appealling to d sight.
I later started having problems with that so had to ignore it.

You can go back and check for yourself.

Funny enough, I took a walk down the Olympics thread and discovered how scattered my posts became.

Waiting for Joseph1013 to resolve that. Na him be engineer grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarzaa(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
Icon79:

True sha. Because after our coach moved up top, he usually complains that I am playing too deep. He assumes that it's because I "enjoy the game too much". But I don't totally trust that coach because he tends to blame me for practically everything. I can score two goals but if we lose, he would ask why I didn't score three!
Hahahaha! Sounds funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Musa much better, confident - Ranieri

Biyi Akangbe

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fVmBP-6_JeQ/WHRqLhBUHXI/AAAAAAAACo8/YgcjMdy1EAAn-zl4gJEwgmsYAatvA81BQCLcB/s1600/ahmed-musa-with-ranieri.jpg[/img]

Leicester City's manager, Claudio Ranieri has warned defenders in Europe that his Nigerian import, Ahmed Musa is much better than he was two months ago, stressing that:”Now he is more confident and for me much better.”

Basking in the euphoria of watching Musa score two goals that guaranteed Leicester a passage into the fourth round of England’s most prestigious football competitions, the FA Cup, Ranieri said: “He was used to playing in Russia. In Russia he scored a lot of goals because he was quicker than the other defenders. Here everyone is quick and strong. Now he is more confident and for me much better.

“It is important for Musa because I saw him in the last month and he is much better. Maybe he understands better the Premier League, the fight, and everything.

He was a very good threat to Everton,” Ranieri told Leicester Mercury.

“It was similar to Jamie Vardy. Everybody was calmer when he attacked the space. It was good. Every league is different. In Italy, it is more tactical and the players must work so hard with the movement. Here you have to understand the spirit of the competition. Every ball is the last ball."

Ranieri’s new swansong is coming on the heels of protests by Leicester’s fans after Everton beat them at home at the King Power Stadium urging him to field Musa in their matches or allow the Nigerian return to Russia, where he shone like a million stars, culminating into his move to England this season.

This will not be the first time that Musa has scored goals for Leicester with Ranieri dropping him in preference for Vardy, whose goal-scoring instinct has not been as sharp as it was last season.

It remains to be seen if Ranieri will give Musa the return of matches that he gives to Vardy.

This is what Leicester’s fans are asking the Italian tactician to do since they know Musa’s potential, having watched him play for CSKA Moscow, where he scored goals with aplomb.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/musa-much-better-confident-ranieri.html
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
Chelsea Legend – Ake’s Return To Chelsea Should Give Omeruo Hope

The decision of English Premier League giant Chelsea to recall defender Nathan Ake from his loan spell at Bournemouth is a move that should encourage Nigeria international Kenneth Omeruo.

Omeruo has been out on loan since joining Chelsea in 2013, enduring loan spells in Holland, England and Turkey where his performances have still not earn him a spot in the first team of Chelsea.

Former Chelsea legend and defender Celestine Babayaro said so during a short interview with Owngoalnigeria.com on the chances of Kenneth Omeruo cutting it at Chelsea, when his loan with Turkish side Alanyaspor ends in the summer.

”Times are changing, and Nathan Ake’s recall should encourage Omeruo. It shows the manager is monitoring players out on loan and willing to give them a chance if they prove themselves”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Omeruo will get his chance soon but he needs to focus on doing his best for his Turkish side, I heard he has played as a defensive midfielder in their last two games.

The versatility will no doubt enhance his chances at Chelsea”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/09/chelsea-legend-akes-return-to-chelsea-should-give-omeruo-hope/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
LOL. Nathan Ake is much better shape than Kenneth, to be quite honest with you. Ake has been putting up MOM performance in Bournemouth since last season. So why wouldn't Chelsea recall him? In fact, I woul've been surprised if they didn't. But Kenneth, on the other seems to have regressed. So trying to compare the two situations doesn't make sense.

O pari

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Arsenal And Leicester City Scouts Run The Rule On Etebo Again, CD Feirense Willing To Listen To Offer

Scouts from English Premier League side Arsenal and Leicester City were yesterday in attendance when Sporting Lisbon beat CD Feirense 2-1 in a Portuguese League game.

Respected Portuguese journalist Jan Hagen revealed that the scouts were at the Alvalade Stadium to check on Nigeria star Ogehenekaro Etebo, who played the entire duration of the game for CD Feirense.

This is the second time he has been watched by scouts from the English Premier League duo, and there are reports that CD Feirense are no longer opposed to his sale in January.

The club had in the past maintained that no bid will be entertained for his services in January but according to emerging reports they are now willing to cash in one of their prized assets.

21 year old Etebo is also being closely monitored by French giants Monaco, who are also looking to reinforce their midfield as they prepare for the possible departure of two of their midfielders in January.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/09/arsenal-and-leicester-city-scouts-run-the-rule-on-etebo-again-cd-feirense-willing-to-listen-to-offer/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
Eintract Frankfurt And Augsburg Turn Down Man City Proposal To Take Nwakali On Loan

German side Eintracht Frankfurt and Augsburg have both turned down the chance to take Manchester City Nigerian midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali on loan for the rest of the season.

Manchester City are eager for Nwakali to play at a higher level after his first taste of professional football in Norway with relegated side Start, where he thrived after failed loan spells with Malaga and Girona in Spain.

Authoritative German news outlet BILD report that the Nigeria youth international was first offered to Eintracht Frankfurt but the Bundesliga side declined to take him on loan.

According to BILD Augsburg were also approached to take the services of the 20 year old who had a fairly average time on loan at Norwegian side Start, but just like Eintracht Frankfurt they refused to take him.

He is back training at Man City before he moves out on another loan which could determine if he is going to be offered fresh terms or otherwise. For now Norwegian champions Rosenborg are reportedly the only side keen on his services but City are yet to decide.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/eintract-frankfurt-and-augsburg-turn-down-man-city-proposal-to-take-nwakali-on-loan/
[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Icon79:
LOL. Nathan Ake is much better shape than Kenneth, to be quite honest with you. Ake has been putting up MOM performance in Bournemouth since last season. So why wouldn't Chelsea recall him? In fact, I woul've been surprised if they didn't. But Kenneth, on the other seems to have regressed. So trying to compare the two situations doesn't make sense.

O pari

Ake was at watford last year, he showed flashes but was their second choice leftback, this last 5 games have been his breakout. U have to also look at the club, bournemouth is not a strong defensive unit, it was easier to find game time there. Omuero should take heart becos this means he can be next. It shows Conte actually keeps track of his players on loan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Exclusive – Club Africain In Talks With Lukman Zakari & Nigeria League Top Scorers Obaje & Chisom

Tunisian side Club Africain will today open talks with last season top scorers in the Nigeria Professional Football League Godwin Obaje and Chisom Egbuchulam.

Obaje who finished as top scorer with 18 goals for Wikki Tourist agreed and signed terms with fellow Tunisian side Etoile du Sahel, but the move broke down due to disagreements over the mode of payments of his transfer fee.

Enugu Rangers forward Chisom who ended the season on 16 goals was also in talks with Etoile du Sahel, but Rangers price tag of $500,000 transfer fee scuppered the deal.

Highly rated Nigeria youth international defender Lukman Zakari is also scheduled to hold contract talks with same club later today after seeing a move to Sfaxien broke down due to a transfer ban by FIFA on the Tunisian side.

The trio are expected to finalise talks with the team before the end of the week according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial staff.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/exclusive-club-africain-in-talks-with-lukman-zakari-nigeria-league-top-scorers-obaje-chisom/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ahmed Musa Weigh Into Debate Over His Favourite Role After Scoring Twice As A Lone Striker

Ahmed Musa has given his opinion on his favourite role on the pitch after scoring twice for Leicester City in their 2-1 FA Cup win over Everton as a lone striker as opposed to playing on the wings.

Musa produced a superb display as a lone striker down the middle, rather than in his preferred wide role, and he hopes he can now secure a run in the side.

“It is a great feeling, not just for me but for all the team that we won the game,” he said.

“From the beginning of the game we had the feeling we could win.

“I am used to playing out wide but I will play any role the manager wants me to play.

“I have been playing that position for my former club so it wasn’t new for me (against Everton).

“I am used to playing on the wings, from the right, and down the centre. It is not difficult for me.

“Wherever the manager wants me to play, I will do my best there.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/ahmed-musa-weigh-into-debate-over-his-favourite-role-after-scoring-twice-as-a-lone-striker/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
terzurum5:
Musa much better, confident - Ranieri

Biyi Akangbe

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fVmBP-6_JeQ/WHRqLhBUHXI/AAAAAAAACo8/YgcjMdy1EAAn-zl4gJEwgmsYAatvA81BQCLcB/s1600/ahmed-musa-with-ranieri.jpg[/img]

Leicester City's manager, Claudio Ranieri has warned defenders in Europe that his Nigerian import, Ahmed Musa is much better than he was two months ago, stressing that:”Now he is more confident and for me much better.”

Basking in the euphoria of watching Musa score two goals that guaranteed Leicester a passage into the fourth round of England’s most prestigious football competitions, the FA Cup, Ranieri said: “He was used to playing in Russia. In Russia he scored a lot of goals because he was quicker than the other defenders. Here everyone is quick and strong. Now he is more confident and for me much better.

“It is important for Musa because I saw him in the last month and he is much better. Maybe he understands better the Premier League, the fight, and everything.

He was a very good threat to Everton,” Ranieri told Leicester Mercury.

“It was similar to Jamie Vardy. Everybody was calmer when he attacked the space. It was good. Every league is different. In Italy, it is more tactical and the players must work so hard with the movement. Here you have to understand the spirit of the competition. Every ball is the last ball."

Ranieri’s new swansong is coming on the heels of protests by Leicester’s fans after Everton beat them at home at the King Power Stadium urging him to field Musa in their matches or allow the Nigerian return to Russia, where he shone like a million stars, culminating into his move to England this season.

This will not be the first time that Musa has scored goals for Leicester with Ranieri dropping him in preference for Vardy, whose goal-scoring instinct has not been as sharp as it was last season.

It remains to be seen if Ranieri will give Musa the return of matches that he gives to Vardy.

This is what Leicester’s fans are asking the Italian tactician to do since they know Musa’s potential, having watched him play for CSKA Moscow, where he scored goals with aplomb.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/musa-much-better-confident-ranieri.html

This writer acts like Musa was Ronaldo in Russia.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
terzurum5:
Arsenal And Leicester City Scouts Run The Rule On Etebo Again, CD Feirense Willing To Listen To Offer

Scouts from English Premier League side Arsenal and Leicester City were yesterday in attendance when Sporting Lisbon beat CD Feirense 2-1 in a Portuguese League game.

Respected Portuguese journalist Jan Hagen revealed that the scouts were at the Alvalade Stadium to check on Nigeria star Ogehenekaro Etebo, who played the entire duration of the game for CD Feirense.

This is the second time he has been watched by scouts from the English Premier League duo, and there are reports that CD Feirense are no longer opposed to his sale in January.

The club had in the past maintained that no bid will be entertained for his services in January but according to emerging reports they are now willing to cash in one of their prized assets.

21 year old Etebo is also being closely monitored by French giants Monaco, who are also looking to reinforce their midfield as they prepare for the possible departure of two of their midfielders in January.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/09/arsenal-and-leicester-city-scouts-run-the-rule-on-etebo-again-cd-feirense-willing-to-listen-to-offer/

Let Arsene Wenger be looking like Lucozade and not seal the deal. Until another club signs Etebo and Wenger will say "We were Watching him."

RETIRE YOU WILL NOT RETIRE. BUY PLAYER YOU WILL NOT BUY PLAYER.

STINGY COACH.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gent Nigerian Forward Moses Simon Breaks Silence On Spurs Interest – I Almost Joined Spurs Few Years Ago But…

Super Eagles and Gent of Belgium forward Moses Simon has for the first time opened up on the reported interest of Tottenham Hotspur in his services.

Simon who arrived Gent from AS Trencin in Slovakia two years ago has been severally linked with a move to Spurs in the last 18 months despite having three more years to run on his present deal with Gent.

Latest reports indicate that the 21 year old will be the subject of a bid from Spurs in the summer but there are reports of Middlesbrough interest in his services as well.

” I almost joined Spurs six months after I arrived in Belgium but since then there has been no official contact, it’s normal if they are still keeping a close watch on me but I have not heard anything about their latest interest”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” As for Middlesbrough no contact with them, have just been reading it in the papers just like most of you. For now am focused on Gent we have a very big second half of the season to contend with”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/gent-nigerian-forward-moses-simon-breaks-silence-on-spurs-interest-i-almost-joined-spurs-few-years-ago-but/
[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
Exclusive – Fulham Ahead Of Espanyol In Race To Sign Red Hot Olarenwaju Kayode

English Championship side Fulham are odds on favourite to sign hot in demand Austria Wien’s Nigerian forward Olarenwaju Kayode this January ahead of La-Liga side Espanyol.

Kayode is also reportedly a target for teams in Turkey as well but recent reports suggest that La-Liga side Espanyol have joined in his chase, but Fulham are clear favourites to land the 23 year old.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered from sources close to the player that coach of Fulham Slavisa Jokanovic knows all about the abilities of Kayode right from his days in Israel with Maccabi Netanya.

The coach who was also in Israel at that time tried to sign Kayode for his then club Maccabi Tel Aviv, before the forward moved to Austria where he has grown in leaps and bounds in the last 18 months.

Reportedly close to been called up to the Nigeria senior team for the first time later in the year, the 23 year old has scored 14 goals in all competitions this season, with 5 coming in the Europa League, while 9 of his goals have been scored in league and cup games in Austria.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/exclusive-fulham-ahead-of-espanyol-in-race-to-sign-red-hot-olarenwaju-kayode/
[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Let Arsene Wenger be looking like Lucozade and not seal the deal. Until another club signs Etebo and Wenger will say "We were Watching him."

RETIRE YOU WILL NOT RETIRE. BUY PLAYER YOU WILL NOT BUY PLAYER.

STINGY COACH.

Why na?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
Revealed – How Super Eagles Captain Mikel And Coach Rohr Voted In FIFA Player Of The Year

World football governing body FIFA has revealed how club captain and manager voted in the FIFA Best Player of the year award which was won by Cristiano Ronaldo.

Real Madrid and Portugal star Ronaldo picked up the award after scooping 34.54 per cent of the total vote while Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi picked up 26.42% of the votes.

Frenchman Antoine Griezmann came third in the voting process picking up 7.53% of the vote cast, mostly due to his impressive showing at the European Championship.

Meanwhile the award voted for by captain and coach of various national team also considered the votes of the coach and captain of the Nigeria senior national team.

The coach of Nigeria Gernot Rohr voted for Antoinee Griezmann as number one thereby giving him five points, while Lionel Messi was his second choice and it earned the Argentine three points meanwhile Manuel Neuer got one point from Rohr after he was voted third best by the coach.

Captain of the Nigeria national team John Obi Mikel gave Cristiano Ronaldo his top vote which earned the Portuguese star five points, while Griezmann got three points from the former Chelsea man after he was voted as second by the Nigerian.

Mikel’s third choice was same as that of his coach Rohr as he went for German goalkepper Neuer of Bayern Munich, thereby earning him an extra one point in the award.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/revealed-how-super-eagles-captain-mikel-and-coach-rohr-voted-in-fifa-player-of-the-year/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ndidi Will Give Leicester City A Lift Against Chelsea – Victor Moses

Chelsea high flying wingback Victor Moses believes the signing of Wilfred Ndidi will give Leicester City a lift when both teams clash this weekend.

Ndidi had a fantastic debut for Leicester City, playing the entire duration of their 2-1 win over Everton in the FA Cup over the weekend, 72 hours after joining the reigning Premier League champions.

Moses believes the 20 year old just as any new signing will give the club a fresh impetus and lift their spirit against Chelsea, but he remained confident of the chances of his team.

” I know him (Ndidi) from the Nigeria national team. He is very good in making tackles and has a positive energy off and on the ball, his signing will no doubt give Leicester City a lift but am confident in my team”, Moses said.

” It’s normal for any team that when a new player comes. The spirit is lifted and his case is similar, he is a good player who deserve to be playing in a league as competitive as the Premier League”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/ndidi-will-give-leicester-city-a-lift-against-chelsea-victor-moses/
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
Revealed – Valencia Were £40,000 Short Of Mikel’s Demand, Tianjin Teda Captured Mikel In 48 Hours

Captain of the Nigeria senior national team John Obi Mikel was few details away from joining Spanish La-Liga side Valencia before his move to Chinese side Tianjin Teda.

Mikel provisionally agreed a deal to Valencia, but the departure of coach Cesare Prandelli and the Sporting Director who convinced him about the project of the club discouraged him from penning a four year deal with them.

Even before the departure of the duo, Mikel refused to accept their offer of a weekly pay of £100,000, and the club were mulling over an increase for him before he pulled the plug on the deal.

He reportedly gave Valencia 48 hours to get back to him with an improved offer but before the expiration of the set deadline, Chinese side Tianjin Teda came up with a £140,000 a week deal.

The amount offered by the Chinese side was well within the range of what his financial demands are, and the deal was wrapped up in 48 hours with Mikel having a medical before signing on with the team on a three year deal.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/revealed-valencia-were-40000-short-of-mikels-demand-tianjin-teda-captured-mikel-in-48-hours/
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
Exclusive – Agent Reveals Amount Chelsea Paid John Obi Mikel As Severance Fee

John Obi Mikel transfer from Chelsea to Chinese side Tianjin Teda happened after the Blues decided not only to allow him leave for free but also reward him for his long service with a severance fee.

The captain of the senior Nigeria national team left Chelsea after ten and half years at the club, after falling out of favour with current manager Antonio Conte.

Conte didn’t name the Nigerian in any of his match day squad, as his table topping side relied on Nemanja Matic and N’Golo Kante as the midfield pair in their 3-4-3 system.

Mikel according to an intermediary close to him was paid the total wage of the remaining six months of his contract before his move to Tianjin Teda, on a deal twice his pay at Chelsea.

He reportedly received a severance fee worth £2m from Chelsea, which is the total pay package of the last six months of his deal with the Blues.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/10/exclusive-agent-reveals-amount-chelsea-paid-john-obi-mikel-as-severance-fee/
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekehopp2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.