Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12456912 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (16690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Many water don pass the river ever since he declared hence his romance with his new darling 'England U20 team' grin Chai! he has rescinded his decision to play for us. grin

Sarcasm is written all over this post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

He has technically and Tactically rejected the Nigerian National team. Chikena!

Nigeria wishes him all the best in his sojourn with the English. grin o re via! Chai! grin
you just love to reel people in and dance atop their emotions don't you?

Thegoodjoe, you care too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
safarigirl:

I wish I do not care at all. I just can not stand some myopic comments. You will not believe how much I try to ignore these talks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by clefstone(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You call one of the most decorated footballers in African football a failure.

Let me give you a heads-up. Mikel's former agent, Anderson went to jail because of Mikel. You can not understand the situation he found himself. Mikel used his head to stay relevant in the game and beat his trials.

Mikel is underrated but his impact in football will never be forgotten. He is one of the greatest midfielders in football. He just played a disciplined role, instead of a flashy role. His discipline and brilliance earned Chelsea titles.

There is no relationship with failure with Mikel.
one of the greatest midfielders in the world? That's it, I no fit argue further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
safarigirl:
Top 10 on Golden Boy List

1. Donnaruma Gianluigi- 770 (Milan)
2. Marcus Rashford- 746 (United)
3. Asensio Williemsen- 699 (R. Madrid)
4. Grujic Marko- 687 (Liverpool)
5. Alex Iwobi- 670 (Arsenal)
6. Dembele Mousa- 622 (Celtic)
6. Golovin Sergeevic- 622 (CSKA Mos)
7. Kovalenko Victor- 607 (Shakhtar Don)
8. Renato Sanches- 569 (Bayern Munich)
9. Iheanacho Kelechi- 542 (City)
10. Dembele Ousmane- 491 (Dortmund)

www.tuttosport.com/sondaggi/calcio/2016/09/29-15876453/vota_il_golden_boy_2016_scegli_il_tuo_preferito/undefined/risultati.html

I have gone there but don't know how to vote
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

You mean Ola doesn't feel African when he said this

Alongside the photo he wrote: "All my old boots, balls and kits being shipped off to the motherland this morning to the less fortunate."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-starlet-ola-aina-reveals-7394198.amp

Make una dey suffery suffery lie to blackmail the lad just because you don't want ya players position to threatened in the National team. grin

Player's position? I wanna see Iorfa, the injured Hull city guy, ola, m'med all fighting for that right back spot but if he doesn't fancy that, then let him be. I like Akpoguma but he said it, that he can only consider Nigeria if he fails on his quest to be a German star, so why should I keep wasting my time on a girl who prefers my guy to me? Check am nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
clefstone:
one of the greatest midfielders in the world? That's it, I no fit argue further.

That is why people like you argue. If you take a minute to think of his achievements, you will see greatness.

When you think of Eleven years in a top club like Chelsea. One of the most capped players in the history of Chelsea.

Won Multiple EPL titles.
Won Multiple FA Cups.
Won The Champions League.
Won the Europa League.
Won The Olympics Bronze medal.
Won The African Cup of Nations.

All these as a key player in all teams, you will know few great midfielders achieved this. There was a season he completed more passes than Paul Scholes.

If you put this in mind, how can you relate such greatness to failure. Mikel is a Legend of football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I wish I do not care at all. I just can not stand some myopic comments. You will not believe how much I try to ignore these talks.

I believe he is being sarcastic. Wanna pull legs...he must be laughing so hard where ever he is. He would b like "Lol I got him haha... E pain am. U just made his weekend, I guess he is happy now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

I believe he is being sarcastic. Wanna pull legs...he must be laughing so hard where ever he is. He would b like "Lol I got him haha... E pain am. U just made his weekend, I guess he is happy now.

I hope so because I find ignorance of such magnitude baffling. Why I am sceptical is because of the title of the article. We can not say that author was being sarcastic. That is a popular site and the message is so far from the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by clefstone(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
safarigirl:

I wonder how many people would call you a failure considering where you started from and where you're at.

Hell, I like to think I'm a failure cuz I'm nowhere near where I ought to be in life considering how I started, shit happens, you don't get to give someone flack when you have no idea what they've had to go through.

The people who matter don't think he's a failure though, that's why he stays happy. The way Mikel started, he could have ended worse, you know? Like Balloteli, cuz I remember he had a terrible temper, he's better now

And saying Mikel will never be a great for both club and country just goes to show that you know nothing of what you speak of. Mikel is already a GREAT for Nigeria, you can't mention Top 10 Nigeria's Greatest without Mikel,. He's done it on all levels already for both club snd country. What else is there?

you asked for top 10, I'll give you top 30 Nigeria players of all time and Mikel wouldn't feature. Mikel isn't even the greatest Nigerian footballer to have worn the blue of Chelsea fc

Mikel has made money from football, that remains his greatest achievement. If that makes him happy, I'm happy for him too but we shouldn't attempt to rewrite the script

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is why people like you argue. If you take a minute to think of his achievements, you will see greatness.

When you think of Eleven years in a top club at Chelsea. One of the most capped players in the history of Chelsea.

Won Multiple EPL titles.
Won Multiple FA Cups.
Won The Champions League.
Won the Europa League.
Won The Olympics Bronze medal.
Won The African Cup of Nations.

All these as a key player in all teams, you will know few great midfielders achieved this. There was a season he completed more passes than Paul Scholes.

If you put this in mind, how can you relate such greatness to failure. Mikel is a Legend of football.

Quit this argument. The records are there. Let him believe what he wants, it doesn't change nothing. Nwaobi mikel is a legend of the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Where did you see me say he rejected The Super Eagles? I said, he rejected the Olympics team. So we do not need that kind of player. Iwobi will not reject the Olympics team. Iwobi declared he wanted to play for the Olympics team. Ola Aina rejected it. We do not need that in the Super Eagles. Let him pray for his English National Team call-up

quote author=TheGoodJoe post=49821589]

The statement in the article is clear. He rejected the proposal to play for us. Finish. Might consider later does not count. Wish Ola Aina the best in his English National Team career.
[/quote]

Have you forgotten you said that? grin sorry. grin

Now, please kindly show us where he rejected the Nigerian National team? Thanks in advance. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
clefstone:
you asked for top 10, I'll give you top 30 Nigeria players of all time and Mikel wouldn't feature. Mikel isn't even the greatest Nigerian footballer to have worn the blue of Chelsea fc

Mikel has made money from football, that remains his greatest achievement. If that makes him happy, I'm happy for him too but we shouldn't attempt to rewrite the script
like I said, zero knowledge. Just another amateur who thinks football is based on how many defenders you dribbled past and how many aerial duels you won.

Please, when you write this list, put down their achievements as footballers by the side and compare it to Mikel's.

We'll need the amount of tournaments they featured in and how many they won in their careers, not daft things like amount of tackles executed and pass accuracy, ain't nobody using that shiiit in the real world. That's just for PES and FIFA gsmes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I hope so because I find ignorance of such magnitude baffling. Why I am sceptical is because of the title of the article. We can not say that author was being sarcastic. That is a popular site and the message is so far from the truth.

Owngoalnigeria.com's competition with Allnigeriasoccer.com is making them so desperate, hence they churn out craps and fallacies lately. Their news these days are more of assumptions than realities. I don't take them seriously lately because they have really ridiculed themselves before their audience with some bogus news. U need to see their Twitter wars with other sites. Plagiarism today, false news tomorrow. They have really made a mockery of themselves, no thanks to their war with allnigeriasoccer.com.

I bet allnigeriasoccer.com will come out to quash this Ejaria news in no distant time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you serious? Where did he get a Nigerian team call up? He did not get a call-up from the Super Eagles. So how can he reject it?

Where did Ola Aina and Tiago Ilori get a call-up to the Super Eagles?

Tell us how they rejected the Super Eagles then I will give you an answer. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Now I know you are joking. Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to Nigeria. It is so simple to understand.

But now he prefers dinning and winning with the English U20 team than the 'Super Eagles' . Chikena! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by clefstone(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
safarigirl:
like I said, zero knowledge. Just another amateur who thinks football is based on how many defenders you dribbled past and how many aerial duels you won.

Please, when you write this list, put down their achievements as footballers by the side and compare it to Mikel's.

We'll need the amount of tournaments they featured in and how many they won in their careers, not daft things like amount of tackles executed and pass accuracy, ain't nobody using that shiiit in the real world. That's just for PES and FIFA gsmes

you want to tell me that Mikel is a greater player than a Jay Jay because he won more medals than him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is clear you do not understand what you are arguing. Look at the date of your article. That was third July.

Chelsea Talent Ola Aina Turned Down Opportunity To Represent Nigeria At Olympics
Published: July 09, 2016

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19688

Yes! that was right but 'before' he declared the same way Iwobi and Iheanacho declared. Chikena! grin

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19632
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, you argue what you do not understand.

Agreeing to play for the English U20 team does not mean he turned down Nigeria. It is too simple.

No! I don't know oooo. You made me believe once you declared to play for England or other countries age grade teams, you have turned down Nigeria. Right!? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Did u even realize that u don't call up a player with dual nationality (when he has played competitively in the youth team of the other nation) to ur National team? Sir I believe u know this game better than this. U crave his consent, and if he permits, then the FA applies for change of his nationality before u can talk of call ups.

Most of these guys, I believe have been met but they didn't concur, so how do you give them call ups? That's what Joe is trynna explain to u

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

Sir, Ovie has neither said anything about the call up nor honored the call. He NEVER said he has changed his mind concerning his allegiance to Nigeria . That was just a caption of an article to attract readers. Don't let that deceive u. He might get an Eagles call up after the Zambia match. Take it easy bro.

He is silent simply means, he is enjoying the romance secretly. grin

E bi like somebody wan rape a girl but em no cry. grin e mean say her silence na negodu. Chai,! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

Did u even realize that u don't call up a player with dual nationality (when he has played competitively in the youth team of the other nation) to ur National team? Sir I believe u know this game better than this. U crave his consent, and if he permits, then the FA applies for change of his nationality before u can talk of call ups.

Most of these guys, I believe have been met but they didn't concur, so how do you give them call ups? That's what Joe is trynna explain to u

We know that but you can still play if you are approached and agree to play for the country you are eligible to play for, provided you have not played in FIFA organised competition with a National team.

Which of them didn't concur to play for the Super Eagles?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Just see the ignorance.

That can also be said about you. Sorry. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

He is silent simply means, he is enjoying the romance secretly. grin

E bi like somebody wan rape a girl but em no cry. grin e mean say her silence na negodu. Chai,! grin

How about u ask the site that brought that news to our floor to conduct an interview first before drawing conclusions?? My dear it is perilous digesting everything u get from the media. Nobi only rape even rap.

Conte to lose again today biko, Mikel must be reinstated to steady that midfield. He is the fulcrum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

How about u ask the site that brought that news to our floor to conduct an interview first before drawing conclusions?? My dear it is perilous digesting everything u get from the media. Nobi only rape even rap.

Conte to lose again today biko, Mikel must be reinstated to steady that midfield. He is the fulcrum.

I think I know more about what you are talking about. I think you should advice TheGoodJoe.

Well na em palaba be that. If Mikel Obi no play I fit no watch the match self except if Moses and Aina plays.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

We know that but you can still play if you are approached and agree to play for the country you are eligible to play for, provided you have not played in FIFA organised competition with a National team.

Which of them didn't concur to play for the Super Eagles?

Hmmm just shot urself in the foot. *APPROACHED And AGREED *, the less said, the better.

Guys already approached? Hybe, Akpom, Iorfa, Odubajo, Aina etc. U know their reactions as much as I do.

By the way, Moses is starting today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

When did I say Ola Aina and Tiago Ilori rejected Super Eagles? What baffles me is when I make a statement repetitively and then you say the above.

Let me say it again before you talk Super Eagles.

Ola Aina rejected the Nigerian Olympics team. Nigeria does not need that kind of player.

Tiago Ilori said he likes to stay Loyal to Portugal. Nigeria needs players that want to stay loyal to Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
safarigirl:

No! I am serious. Maybe they can't resist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

quote author=TheGoodJoe post=49821589]

The statement in the article is clear. He rejected the proposal to play for us. Finish. Might consider later does not count. Wish Ola Aina the best in his English National Team career.

Have you forgotten you said that? grin sorry. grin

Now, please kindly show us where he rejected the Nigerian National team? Thanks in advance. grin

So you do not count the Olympics team as us. We called him to play for the Nigerian Olympics team. He rejected to focus on English Youth teams. He rejected us. The Super Eagles is not the only national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

Hmmm just shot urself in the foot. *APPROACHED And AGREED *, the less said, the better.

Guys already approached? Hybe, Akpom, Iorfa, Odubajo, Aina etc. U know their reactions as much as I do.

By the way, Moses is starting today.

Shot myself! grin with what?

I know about Hybe, Akpom and Iorfa(dis boy never em no play for Nigeria national team).

But Odubanjo and Aina never rejected the Super Eagles. Facts!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When did I say Ola Aina and Tiago Ilori rejected Super Eagles? What baffles me is when I make a statement repetitively and then you say the above.

Let me say it again before you talk Super Eagles.

Ola Aina rejected the Nigerian Olympics team. Nigeria does not need that kind of player.

Tiago Ilori said he likes to stay Loyal to Portugal. Nigeria needs players that want to stay loyal to Nigeria.

Even as Iwobi and Iheanacho rejected and betrayed the Olympics team coaches. grin

We don't need those kind of unpatriotic players. grin

We need players that will be always loyal to Nigeria, come rain, come sunshine. Yeeees! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (16690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Posh(m), johnjunior39(m), Amedino99(m), lbrichman2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.