Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11693724 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The statement in the article is clear. He rejected the proposal to play for us. Finish. Might consider later does not count. Wish Ola Aina the best in his English National Team career.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Chelsea defender Ola Aina was sounded out about the possibility of[b] represent Nigeria at the 2016 Olympic Games[/b] by emissaries sent by the Nigeria Football Federation.

But the Londoner rejected the Nigerian Federation’s proposal as he is focused on representing the youth teams of his country of birth, England.

At this stage, Ola Aina is not considering switching his international allegiance from England to Nigeria just like that, and it is has been suggested that he might consider the prospect of turning out for the Super Eagles.

At international level, the 19-year-old’s future has been the subject of intense speculation, and his father Olufemi Aina has said that he can’t force him to represent Nigeria as the player is now an adult and can make his own decisions.

The promising youngster recently sorted out his future at Chelsea by putting pen to paper on a new four-year contract.

Oga, Na for your heart e 'finish' but the article stated he only rejected to represent Nigeria at 'THE 2016 OLYMPICS GAMES' the same way Iwobi, Iheanacho and Co rejected due to one reason or another. Period! grin

And it went further to tell us that he 'might consider to turn out for the Super Eagles like Iwobi and Iheanacho.

Abi na only Iwobi and Iheanacho get sense pass? grin

Always read to comprehend. Well, I am not doing this for you but for the gullible ones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
clefstone:
for starters, I never wrote that she says nonsense as u falsely quoted. As a matter of fact, I fancy safarigirl as one of the brightest nairalanders. The only issue I have with her is her feminist and argumentative chatacter which I know is because of her inecperience in life(i was once like that).

On Mikel, I would totally understand it if someone calls Mikel a failure. Yes, he has made a lot of money from football and is living a life many of us can only dream of. But I watched Mikel play in his teenage years and thought he would one day become one of the best midfielders in the world. But do you know what he decided to be? A coward. A mediocre who killed his own talent by deciding to play safe and not explore his own talent. Take a look at Kevin De Bruyne. When Mourinho didn't show faith in him what did he do? He pushed for a transfer to Wolfsburg because he knew he was better than what he was getting at Chelsea. The kid went to Germany, proved himself and today is playing for city and regarded as d best player in the epl.
Mikel was in a De Bruyne situation early in his career and decided to remain there. He will never be a great either for club or country cos he failed to dream, to take a risk.
So yes, mikel is a failure in some ways

I wonder how many people would call you a failure considering where you started from and where you're at.

Hell, I like to think I'm a failure cuz I'm nowhere near where I ought to be in life considering how I started, shit happens, you don't get to give someone flack when you have no idea what they've had to go through.

The people who matter don't think he's a failure though, that's why he stays happy. The way Mikel started, he could have ended worse, you know? Like Balloteli, cuz I remember he had a terrible temper, he's better now

And saying Mikel will never be a great for both club and country just goes to show that you know nothing of what you speak of. Mikel is already a GREAT for Nigeria, you can't mention Top 10 Nigeria's Greatest without Mikel,. He's done it on all levels already for both club snd country. What else is there?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There is no place in the article that said Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to England. Misleading headline.

Stop all this Tiago Ilori thing. I followed him from when the Sporting Lisbon coach had problems with the senior players and promoted him.

He was captain of all the Portuguese junior teams he played for and looked a sure bet for the Portuguese national team. It is totally different from Ovie. Ovie Ejaria declared he wants to play for Nigeria before we approached him.

Tiago Ilori declared he wants to play for Portugal before they approached him.

Na me write the article? grin

Ovie Ejiara has accepted to play for England, Chikena. grin

Don't worry I show you his pictures wearing England Jersey. grin

'Ovie Ejiara declared to play for Nigeria before England approached him', ba? grin but he is wearing England Jersey? grin

Tiago Ilori declared to play for Portugal but you can also see him in the Nigerian Jersey if we are serious. Chikena. grin

Ovie Ejiara declared for Nigeria publicly and England was aware but still approached him. You can see the results for yourself. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

There is no guarantee. Iwobi played with the Junior teams of England, yet he refused to play for their senior team, despite a personal consultation from England.

It is where the heart lies, not U17 interest.

U can't say that becos Iwobi stopped getting invited for England and that is the main thing that opened the door; this is wat Wenger believes and I do too. It is about making the player feel wanted and if we don't start early that will come to question when we go ask them to join us. Loyalty would have already been built in them for another flag.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
clefstone:
for starters, I never wrote that she says nonsense as u falsely quoted. As a matter of fact, I fancy safarigirl as one of the brightest nairalanders. The only issue I have with her is her feminist and argumentative chatacter which I know is because of her inecperience in life(i was once like that).

On Mikel, I would totally understand it if someone calls Mikel a failure. Yes, he has made a lot of money from football and is living a life many of us can only dream of. But I watched Mikel play in his teenage years and thought he would one day become one of the best midfielders in the world. But do you know what he decided to be? A coward. A mediocre who killed his own talent by deciding to play safe and not explore his own talent. Take a look at Kevin De Bruyne. When Mourinho didn't show faith in him what did he do? He pushed for a transfer to Wolfsburg because he knew he was better than what he was getting at Chelsea. The kid went to Germany, proved himself and today is playing for city and regarded as d best player in the epl.
Mikel was in a De Bruyne situation early in his career and decided to remain there. He will never be a great either for club or country cos he failed to dream, to take a risk.
So yes, mikel is a failure in some ways

You call one of the most decorated footballers in African football a failure.

Let me give you a heads-up. Mikel's former agent, Anderson went to jail because of Mikel. You can not understand the situation he found himself. Mikel used his head to stay relevant in the game and beat his trials.

Mikel is underrated but his impact in football will never be forgotten. He is one of the greatest midfielders in football. He just played a disciplined role, instead of a flashy role. His discipline and brilliance earned Chelsea titles.

There is no relationship with failure with Mikel.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U can't say that becos Iwobi stopped getting invited for England and that is the main thing that opened the door; this is wat Wenger believes and I do too. It is about making the player feel wanted and if we don't start early that will come to question when we go ask them to join us. Loyalty would have already been built in them for another flag.

Not true. Iwobi played enough games as a junior from England. He was devoted to play for us.

At least they invited him for junior teams. Nigeria did not invite him for any. Yet he chose us because he loves his motherland. Not because he wants preferential treatment.

Nigeria needs those who will put us over a glamorous English call-up. Those who are waiting or hoping England calls them, we wish them the best. They are not what we need.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

'Ovie Ejiara declared to play for Nigeria before England approached him', ba? grin but he is wearing England Jersey? grin

Tiago Ilori declared to play for Portugal but you can also see him in the Nigerian Jersey if we are serious. Chikena. grin

Ovie Ejiara declared for Nigeria publicly and England was aware but still approached him. You can see the results for yourself. grin

It is not the English National Team. Ovie Ejaria declared his international future to Nigeria. Playing in the English U20 team does not affect his international future. There is no U-turn.

You and the author of the article should know that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Leave out Tiago Ilori. We are not thinking of him playing for us. Leave the young man to keep fighting for his Portuguese call-up. That is where his heart is. That is not what Nigeria needs.

Did you not see Kevin Prince Boateng and Ghana? No loyalty or respect to the team. We need those who are proud to wear the green white green. Not those wishing Portugal calls them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is not the English National Team. Ovie Ejaria declared his international future to Nigeria. Playing in the English U20 team does not affect his international future. There is no U-turn.

You and the author of the article should know that.

Did Ola Aina reject the Nigerian National Team?

You also need to know that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Chelsea defender Ola Aina was sounded out about the possibility of[b] represent Nigeria at the 2016 Olympic Games[/b] by emissaries sent by the Nigeria Football Federation.

But the Londoner rejected the Nigerian Federation’s proposal as he is focused on representing the youth teams of his country of birth, England.

At this stage, Ola Aina is not considering switching his international allegiance from England to Nigeria just like that, and it is has been suggested that he might consider the prospect of turning out for the Super Eagles.

At international level, the 19-year-old’s future has been the subject of intense speculation, and his father Olufemi Aina has said that he can’t force him to represent Nigeria as the player is now an adult and can make his own decisions.

The promising youngster recently sorted out his future at Chelsea by putting pen to paper on a new four-year contract.

Oga, Na for your heart e 'finish' but the article stated he only rejected to represent Nigeria at 'THE 2016 OLYMPICS GAMES' the same way Iwobi, Iheanacho and Co rejected due to one reason or another. Period! grin

And it went further to tell us that he 'might consider to turn out for the Super Eagles like Iwobi and Iheanacho.

Abi na only Iwobi and Iheanacho get sense pass? grin

Always read to comprehend. Well, I am not doing this for you but for the gullible ones.

I read and comprehended well. Iheanacho and Iwobi did not reject the Olympics. Not at all. They hammered it repeatedly that they wanted to go to the Olympics. Their clubs stopped them. These guys are key players for their clubs. Ola Aina is not.

In Ola Aina's case, he rejected to play in the Olympics to focus on English Youth football. That is not what we want. If Ola Aina said he wanted to play and the club stopped him, it would be a different case.

He rejected us and we wish his English career goodluck.

He should say hi to Jordan Hype for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Did Ola Aina reject the Nigerian National Team?

You also need to know that.

We do not want "I MIGHT CONSIDER". We want, "I WANT TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA." .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Leave out Tiago Ilori. We are not thinking of him playing for us. Leave the young man to keep fighting for his Portuguese call-up. That is where his heart is. That is not what Nigeria needs.

Did you not see Kevin Prince Boateng and Ghana? No loyalty or respect to the team. We need those who are proud to wear the green white green. Not those wishing Portugal calls them.

My friend stop telling me what you don't know.

Answer this questions, Did Ovie Ejaria declare to play for Nigeria publicly?

Is England aware or not?

Why is he accepting to play for England under aged over the Nigerian National team?

Answer those simple questions before proceed. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

My friend stop tell me what you don't know?

Is England aware or not?

Why is he accepting to play for England under aged over the Nigerian National team?

Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to Nigeria.

Playing for the U20 team for England does not affect his international future.

Short and simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Is England aware or not?

Tiago Ilori dreams of Portugal. That is not what we want. We wish him the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I read and comprehended well. Iheanacho and Iwobi did not reject the Olympics. Not at all. They hammered it repeatedly that they wanted to go to the Olympics. Their clubs stopped them. These guys are key players for their clubs. Ola Aina is not.

In Ola Aina's case, he rejected to play in the Olympics to focus on English Youth football. That is not what we want. If Ola Aina said he wanted to play and the club stopped him, it would be a different case.

He rejected us and we wish his English career goodluck.

He should say hi to Jordan Hype for me.

Yes! The same way OLA AINA HAMMERED it loud and clear REPEATEDELY that he wants to go to the Olympics before he changed his mind the same way IWOBI AND IHEANACHO changed theirs. grin

you mean he is not important and yet he makes Chelsea's first team and even the bench? shocked grin

You want evidence? grin

Oya take am. grin

Chelsea Starlet Ola Aina Will Not Reject Nigeria Call Up; Also Available For England Youth Teams

Published: July 03, 2016

Chelsea talent Ola Aina has made himself available for selection for Nigeria after talks that place in England between the defender, his father Olufemi Aina and representatives of
the Nigeria Football Federation.

However, it must be stressed that the London-born stopper is not entirely turning his back on England as he is an important member of their youth teams, or in other words any country that he plays competitively for first at senior level will secure his international future.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19632
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We do not want "I MIGHT CONSIDER". We want, "I WANT TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA." .

Please kindly show us where he rejected the Nigerian National team? grin

Do it with concrete evidence and not your opinion. NFF grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to Nigeria.

Playing for the U20 team for England does not affect his international future.

Short and simple.

Why did he chose England U20 over Nigeria National team? shocked shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Why did he chose England U20 over Nigeria National team? shocked shocked grin

Are you serious? Where did he get a Nigerian team call up? He did not get a call-up from the Super Eagles. So how can he reject it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Tiago Ilori dreams of Portugal. That is not what we want. We wish him the best.

Yes! The same way Ovie Ejaria dreams of England U20 over Nigeria National team. grin Chai!

That boy dream small oooo. shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Please kindly show us where he rejected the Nigerian National team? grin

Do it with concrete evidence and not your opinion. NFF grin

Where did you see me say he rejected The Super Eagles? I said, he rejected the Olympics team. So we do not need that kind of player. Iwobi will not reject the Olympics team. Iwobi declared he wanted to play for the Olympics team. Ola Aina rejected it. We do not need that in the Super Eagles. Let him pray for his English National Team call-up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Yes! The same way Ovie Ejaria dreams of England U20 over Nigeria National team. grin Chai!

Now I know you are joking. Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to Nigeria. It is so simple to understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you serious? Where did he get a Nigerian team call up? He did not get a call-up from the Super Eagles. So how can he reject it?

He has technically and Tactically rejected the Nigerian National team. Chikena!

Nigeria wishes him all the best in his sojourn with the English. grin o re via! Chai! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Is England aware or not?

My dear ola doesn't feel African likewise ibe. I was even expecting u to talk about Fela who openly said he is open to both England and Nigeria, not I want England but might consider Nigeria on the long run. Meaning if my dream of playing for England fails, den I might fall back to Nigeria. Dat word *might* says it all bro. Wanna do a Shola Ameobi? Nedum Onuoha is already an English football legend... Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Yes! The same way OLA AINA HAMMERED it loud and clear REPEATEDELY that he wants to go to the Olympics before he changed his mind the same way IWOBI AND IHEANACHO changed theirs. grin

you mean he is not important and yet he makes Chelsea's first team and even the bench? shocked grin

You want evidence? grin

Oya take am. grin

Chelsea Starlet Ola Aina Will Not Reject Nigeria Call Up; Also Available For England Youth Teams

Published: July 03, 2016

Chelsea talent Ola Aina has made himself available for selection for Nigeria after talks that place in England between the defender, his father Olufemi Aina and representatives of
the Nigeria Football Federation.

However, it must be stressed that the London-born stopper is not entirely turning his back on England as he is an important member of their youth teams, or in other words any country that he plays competitively for first at senior level will secure his international future.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19632

It is clear you do not understand what you are arguing. Look at the date of your article. That was third July.

Chelsea Talent Ola Aina Turned Down Opportunity To Represent Nigeria At Olympics
Published: July 09, 2016

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19688
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

He has technically and Tactically rejected the Nigerian National team. Chikena!

Nigeria wishes him all the best in his sojourn with the English. grin o re via! Chai! grin

How can he technically reject Nigeria when the English U20 can not affect his international future he pledged to Nigeria.

The point is too short and simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Now I know you are joking. Ovie Ejaria pledged his international future to Nigeria. It is so simple to understand.

Many water don pass the river ever since he declared hence his romance with his new darling 'England U20 team' grin Chai! he has rescinded his decision to play for us. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Many water don pass the river ever since he declared hence his romance with his new darling 'England U20 team' grin Chai! he has rescinded his decision to play for us. grin

As I said, you argue what you do not understand.

Agreeing to play for the English U20 team does not mean he turned down Nigeria. It is too simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Sir, Ovie has neither said anything about the call up nor honored the call. He NEVER said he has changed his mind concerning his allegiance to Nigeria . That was just a caption of an article to attract readers. Don't let that deceive u. He might get an Eagles call up after the Zambia match. Take it easy bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
forgiveness:

Just see the ignorance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by clefstone(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
goldfish80:

I hope you have your flack jacket ready, you don't say this sort of thing about Mikel and go scot-free on this thread smiley
I'm not scared of any possible backlash

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

Sir, Ovie has neither said anything about the call up nor honored the call. He NEVER said he has changed his mind concerning his allegiance to Nigeria . That was just a caption of an article to attract readers. Don't let that deceive u. He might get an Eagles call up after the Zambia match. Take it easy bro.

I tire.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChrisKels:

My dear ola doesn't feel African likewise ibe. I was even expecting u to talk about Fela who openly said he is open to both England and Nigeria, not I want England but might consider Nigeria on the long run. Meaning if my dream of playing for England fails, den I might fall back to Nigeria. Dat word *might* says it all bro. Wanna do a Shola Ameobi? Nedum Onuoha is already an English football legend... Lol

You mean Ola doesn't feel African when he said this

Alongside the photo he wrote: "All my old boots, balls and kits being shipped off to the motherland this morning to the less fortunate."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-starlet-ola-aina-reveals-7394198.amp

Make una dey suffery suffery lie to blackmail the lad just because you don't want ya players position to threatened in the National team. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, chrisooblog and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.