Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668115 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10200) (10201) (10202) (10203) (10204) (10205) (10206) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yet that "Ball Boy" when he got the opportunity to play actually destroyed your bet against him for 2019/2020. Unlike now, where he isn't even seeing game time. grin

Both he and Osimhen remain Super Eagles players. So both will always have my support no matter what.

Meanwhile, I vividly don't recall any bet on Haaland. You are desperately making that up in your head because the lad is scoring for fun abi. grin Well, sadly no bet was made.

And Let's make something clear. Haaland is a goal machine who has no concern with being an all-round kind of striker. His own is to position and bury the chances and that he does exceptionally well. He is easily caged when supply is cut short. And when he doesn't score or assist, his ratings are almost always low/very low.
He is simply a goal machine. That's all!

As for Osimhen. There is a reason he is called the Monster Machine. He gives you goals... But not just goals. He gives you amazing presence and top notch workrate across the entire frontline/final third which is why he also loves to unselfishly set up teammates and run the channels. This explains his high rate of assists even in Super Eagles colours. Osimhen gives you a well rounded showing as a #9 even without the goals. His playing style is not fixed on just getting into position for goals. It's fixed on being well rounded. Working the channels for his team. Providing an extra speedy outlet for his team.

Haaland isn't all that. His is fixed on just goals, goals, goals... Give me and I tap in. And mehn... He is an elite position merchant. He knows how to position and find that space once the supply is there.

So that's the difference. One is simply only a goal machine. The other is a more well rounded force. Goals + more.

Appreciate them both even as you maintain preference. grin

elyte89:

No I am not In support of 12large statement abt osimhen hitting d ground straight after two months.. ..everybody shld knw dt osimhen won't b in top shape after d lengthy lay off,just pointing out to him not to be surprise about d unflinching support osimhen will get here...na him b d star boy now as nacho don relegate to ball boy cool now

Meanwhile haaland is getting d figures..our bet is still on abt dt.. U don win ujah own grin smiley

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

You act like Sevilla is a super club. All their best players always end up at Barca or Real Madrid. so how do u expect them to bully a club backed by the Saudi government?

Almeria's owner also owned fc Pyramid in Egypt and they were even bullying European clubs for players.
Oga, if Sevilla actually want Umar they will get him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yet that "Ball Boy" when he got the opportunity to play actually destroyed your bet against him for 2019/2020. Unlike now, where he isn't even seeing game time. grin

Both he and Osimhen remain Super Eagles players. So both will always have my support no matter what.

Meanwhile, I vividly don't recall any bet on Haaland. You are desperately making that up in your head because the lad is scoring for fun abi. grin Well, sadly no bet was made.

And Let's make something clear. Haaland is a goal machine who has no concern with being an all-round kind of striker. His own is to position and bury the chances and that he does exceptionally well. He is easily caged when supply is cut short. And when he doesn't score or assist, his ratings are almost always low/very low.
He is simply a goal machine. That's all!

As for Osimhen. There is a reason he is called the Monster Machine. He gives you goals... But not just goals. He gives you amazing presence and top notch workrate across the entire frontline/final third which is why he also loves to unselfishly set up teammates and run the channels. This explains his high rate of assists even in Super Eagles colours. Osimhen gives you a well rounded showing as a #9 even without the goals. His playing style is not fixed on just getting into position for goals. It's fixed on being well rounded. Working the channels for his team. Providing an extra speedy outlet for his team.

Haaland isn't all that. His is fixed on just goals, goals, goals... Give me and I tap in. And mehn... He is an elite position merchant. He knows how to position and find that space once the supply is there.

So that's the difference. One is simply only a goal machine. The other is a more well rounded force. Goals + more.

Appreciate them both even as you maintain preference. grin

You just described Messi and Ronaldo.
Messi doesn't only need to score to win MOTM, while Ronaldo without scoring most times doesn't add anything to his team.

Just watch Messi scores another free kick today, while Ronaldo didn't score because no team mate to assist him with his goals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
12large1:
Look at how sensitive they're when osimehn Goal return is questioned even though no one said that he is a bad player. But, the same people will descend on Kelechi iheanacho even when he is not playing. I call it "selective criticism" make i hear anyone unfairly criticize iheanacho for here again. Anuofia!
your comparison with iheanacho is dishonest, people here have unreasonably defended iheanacho a lot plus iheanacho have proven to Rodgers that he is an average striker

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Abeg ooooo.... Na Haaland and Osimhen I dey talk ooo.

Leave Messi and Ronaldo out of this oooo. Those ones are on another level of discussion. They both are in the G.O.A.T. discussions. Abeg. grin

Arabiandude:

You just described Messi and Ronaldo.
Messi doesn't only need to score to win MOTM, while Ronaldo without scoring most times doesn't add anything to his team.

Just watch Messi scores another free kick today, while Ronaldo didn't score because no team mate to assist him with his goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Abeg ooooo.... Na Haaland and Osimhen I dey talk ooo.

Leave Messi and Ronaldo out of this oooo. Those ones are on another level of discussion. They both are in the G.O.A.T. discussions. Abeg. grin

Na my own I talk oh and I nor they talk wetin my eyes nor see. Hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
jihday:
Oga, if Sevilla actually want Umar they will get him

Prove it. I have given my reasons, wat are yours?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
Are we to believe that the prince who just got black balled out of the Newcastle deal will not be a part of this team?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Arabiandude:

You have mental issue

Mental issue because he made his point?

On top wetin na ? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:36am On Feb 01, 2021
Nwakali has been loaned out to a second division side. I think it is time to accept that he will not reach his 2015 potential

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 01, 2021
tbaba1234:
Nwakali has been loaned out to a second division side. I think it is time to accept that he will not reach his 2015 potential
Very true, it's too bad because he had so much potential as a youngster. A lot of our young players lose focus the moment they start earning a lot of money at their club sides in Europe. His brothers case is even the worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:00am On Feb 01, 2021
tbaba1234:

His club is heading to the second division anyways. This is a chance for him to get some game time. We should be happy for him. He never looked out of place at huesca but u can't make a manager play u.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

His club is heading to the second division anyways. This is a chance for him to get some game time. We should be happy for him. He never looked out of place at huesca but u can't make a manager play u.
If he can't make the team at lowly Huesca, then it's on him and not on the coach, If he was quality then he wouldn't be heading to Alcorcon in division 2 would he?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:32am On Feb 01, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Mental issue because he made his point?

On top wetin na ? undecided

You are his colleague at yabaleft
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:38am On Feb 01, 2021
tbaba1234:
His supporters will still come and argue with you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:39am On Feb 01, 2021
Karlovic:
Very true, it's too bad because he had so much potential as a youngster. A lot of our young players lose focus the moment they start earning a lot of money at their club sides in Europe. His brothers case is even the worst.
Not necessarily, some youngsters just find it difficult making that step up from youth football. It's not a Nigerian thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:43am On Feb 01, 2021
Daryl Dike made his debut for USMNT today. He's Courtney and Bright Dike's younger bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 01, 2021
jihday:
Not necessarily, some youngsters just find it difficult making that step up from youth football. It's not a Nigerian thing
I know it's true in most cases, I just felt that both of them lost focus after signing for EPL clubs and their agents was not capable of getting good deals for them afterwards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:06am On Feb 01, 2021
edi287:
Daryl Dike made his debut for USMNT today. He's Courtney and Bright Dike's younger bro.
Wow, he has been good for his club though. The USA have been dishing out caps to a lot of new players with dual nationality recently, wishing him all the best with their national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2021
Karlovic:
Wow, he has been good for his club though. The USA have been dishing out caps to a lot of new players with dual nationality recently, wishing him all the best with their national team.
Yep. Stephen Keshi would've wasted no time in giving him a call up. He's the kind of striker Keshi LOVES...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 01, 2021
edi287:

Yep. Stephen Keshi would've wasted no time in giving him a call up. He's the kind of striker Keshi LOVES...
grin grin grin But Keshi called up a lot of funny strikers especially after the nations cup win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2021
He was earlier credited with an assist,the assist has been cancelled.

Tolulopefinest:

He didn't assist any of the goals sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 6:56am On Feb 01, 2021
Karlovic:
grin grin grin But Keshi called up a lot of funny strikers especially after the nations cup win.
Uche Uchebo, Nwafor, etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 7:01am On Feb 01, 2021
jihday:
I feel the greatest undoing of Nigerian youngsters failing to make leaps from youth football is because our local clubs aren't good enough. Else maybe the Nwakalis, Yahaya and others wouldn't have bothered going to europe after age grade competition, they would have simply joined Enyimba, Rangers, Lobi, etc and by now they would have been household names in Nigeria, courtesy of Nigeria league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 7:01am On Feb 01, 2021
Where is Fortune Chukwudi?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2021
jihday:
His supporters will still come and argue with you

Food don set for that Warri guy wey Dey Uk

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:58am On Feb 01, 2021
Arabiandude:
Where is Fortune Chukwudi?
Which kind question be this grin

You are wicked

It he not that old man that captained the U17 team then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2021
Where did Musa end up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Which kind question be this grin

You are wicked

It he not that old man that captained the U17 team then
My brother, yeah, he is the one, Omerua, Onazi and Azeez set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2021
Transfer News

El Merreikh SC have confirmed the signing of Nigerian Central Defender, Aniyikaye Adeleye from Lobi Stars FC on two-year deal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Very true Basco. He needs the game time. The two Huesca coaches that have since come just hasn't given him that. And when he did play a few times, he was decent for them. The first reports that came out mentioned Logrones and a Belgian Topflight Side. But Alcorcon it is.
It's not like Huesca are doing any better without him. Lol

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:40am On Feb 01, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer News

El Merreikh SC have confirmed the signing of Nigerian Central Defender, Aniyikaye Adeleye from Lobi Stars FC on two-year deal.

Oh wow he finally got his move.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10200) (10201) (10202) (10203) (10204) (10205) (10206) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, damagnificentusb(m), ddone and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.