Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709268 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11583) (11584) (11585) (11586) (11587) (11588) (11589) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Bro, this your information is totally wrong from personal experience.
I have stayed in Kenyan, Benin Republic, Togo, Senegal, Seychelles and Ghana and I have friends that stays or have stayed in Uganda, Gambia, etc and you can't compare most things in terms of cost in these countries with Nigeria, mostly foodstuffs, Rent, etc. Though Benin Republic is cheaper compared to these other African countries.
In Ghana for example, a litre of fuel is currently 6.20 CEDI's which currently equals #60k. 1 seed of tomatoe is #100, 12.5kg game cost about 19k to fill. Sometimes water bill a month sef gets to 15-20k

You might be right with the country you mentioned

Things are actually expensive in Ghana especially foodstuff ,I have no single experience in these countries you mentioned so I won’t doubt you

Was speaking from my little experience from just 2 countries ,maybe I was wrong to use it to compare to others generally

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

....... Not until you play a Player in a competitive Match before you know if he's good enough for the Team or Manager's Tactics.

The players mentioned didn't just play few minutes, but played for few days/hours though on training pitch. Manager/Coach definitely has assessed them along with his Crews, perhaps not satisfied with their respective Performances.

Competitive Match ain't to decide players' Quality by Manager/Coach but to get Results. If Rohr is convinced with Dessers and Co at Trainings, he won't drop them. Awoniyi gonna get a Callup again, hopefully he's gonna nailed it.

Where are Michael and Bonnke again? Onyeka played well thus he's getting further callups. Ejuke dazzled well at Trainings, played well in the competitive Matches, thus gets another Opportunity to nail her a spot in first IX.

Cc Andrew444

Now I got your point based on the bolded. His biased crews. Opari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

....... Not until you play a Player in a competitive Match before you know if he's good enough for the Team or Manager's Tactics.

The players mentioned didn't just play few minutes, but played for few days/hours though on training pitch. Manager/Coach definitely has assessed them along with his Crews, perhaps not satisfied with their respective Performances.

Competitive Match ain't to decide players' Quality by Manager/Coach but to get Results. If Rohr is convinced with Dessers and Co at Trainings, he won't drop them. Awoniyi gonna get a Callup again, hopefully he's gonna nailed it.

Where are Michael and Bonnke again? Onyeka played well thus he's getting further callups. Ejuke dazzled well at Trainings, played well in the competitive Matches, thus gets another Opportunity to nail her a spot in first IX.

Cc Andrew444

Dessers and Moffi's cases are understandable, both players lost form while still in their teething stage with the national team, so Rohr had to opt for better performing players.

My grouse is folks here who start to say: "these players didn't do enough" in 10 minutes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Countries like which bro?
Definitely not Ghana, Senegal, Kenyan, Benin Republic, SA, Seychelles, etc

SA internet is expensive

Internet is very cheap in Cairo believe me ,the Egyptian LE to naira wasn’t more than 9k grin

My other experience is also cheaper than naija

Na only house rent no really cost for naija because you can afford to stay anywhere even if na bushy area ,the type of good area you are staying abroad you think it will be cheap in naija

Ordinary ajah wey hoodlums don take Over since end Sars protest Dey expensive grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

Who you bi to ask me out of the thread? Are you Seun Osewa?

Mr man, there are rules guiding this forum and you can’t just come with whatsoever effrontery to disregard it. Behave!

That's your problem.
I have told you and the other guy what to do. Don't forget to Carry the other guy along when fvcking off from this thread and nairaland as a whole

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeshet: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

I have said it times without number that since Ronaldo left Man U for Madrid, he became an upgraded Nisterooy. There is nothing he does to matches other than scoring, that's why he is usually useless in matches if he doesn't score unlike Messi that has won countless MOTM even without scoring in those matches.
Goal to game ratio, Messi is ahead,
Assist to game ratio, Messi is also ahead,
Messi has won more MOTM matches compared to Ronaldo, all these despite Messi playing lesser games to Ronaldo.
Sometimes I wonder if people that compares the both of them even watches them play.
Lot of people are till today still rating Ronaldo De Lima ahead of Christiano, still Ronaldo fans will be mentioning Christiano in the same sentence with Messi.
Next time you shouldn't bother to answer them because it's not worth it
Ronaldo only comes close to Messi on goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Cc Andrew444

You really overrate Rohr.. Abi which one is "if he's convinced by their performance in training".
The man is selecting players based on emotions, and you are saying another thing..

Why should Simon be starting games when it's glaring that he has little impact in the team? Why are Musa and Shehu still getting call ups? Why was an in form Aina dropped for Collins who just got back from injury in a crucial semi final game at the AFCON?
Why was Akpogunma rushed into the starting lineup in a secondary position in a game where we had all our natural RB fit?
Let's not even talk about Uche Agbo that was always getting call up but hardly ever played..not even in friendlies..
And you are talking about "performance in training"..

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeshet: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
where is junior lokosa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
teeshet:
Ronaldo only comes close to Messi on goals
God bless you,
This is the exact sermon that I have been trying to preach to these people. Aside goalscoring, comparing Messi and Ronaldo would be like comparing Rohr and Westerhoff because they are both whites.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
teeshet:
where is junior lokosa

I think he is back in naija league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

That's your problem.
I have told you and the other guy what to do. Don't forget to Carry the other guy along when fvcking out from this thread and nairaland as a whole

When next you make any derogatory comment on this thread then we will know who will be kicked out between you and I.

I don’t have any problem with you but I have problem in regards to your disrespectful remark against ones father which is against the rules here.

This place is not a jungle, mr man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

When next you make any derogatory comment on this thread then we will know who will be kicked out between you and I.

I don’t have any problem with you but I have problem in regards to your disrespectful remark against ones father which is against the rules here.

Thought I asked you to Bleep off this thread? You are mad abi?
You or anyone can use the report button, that's you or the person's problem. My life isn't dependent on nairaland, so I can do without it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

I will turn it to a jungle on your head if you don't fvck off the thread right now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ppogbae:
Algeria is going to walk all over Burkina Faso
If Burkina Faso can overcome Niger today, brother expect anything on that Tuesday match.

I'm just imagining how Algerian fans will run mad, should Burkina Faso pull a surprise against Algeria. After all the goals mehn cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ppogbae:

They will not. A victory by at least 1-0 will ensure that Ghana goes through on account of goal difference
JohnBullMySon:
Please can someone explain to me how Ghana will crash out even with 1-nil?

The website you quoted is accurate.

Ghana will be out if they win 1-0. They need to score more than one goal and win to qualify.

2-1, 3-2, 2-0 scorelines are enough.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

I will turn it to a jungle on your head if you don't fvck off the thread right now

I am still here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Ghana will be out if they win 1-0. They need to score more than one goal and win to qualify.

Check this video out. This is what I was following

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv88srLGYMI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nigerian internet may be expensive but I think it's very important to always put things in perspective when critiquing our performance vis a vis that of other African countries.

P.S. not always comfortable disparaging stats from researchers when it puts Nigeria in a positive light but quickly believe negative figures at the drop of a hat

andrewbaba44:

Naija internet is expensive ,no believe this stats

Speaking from my little experience ,there are African countries where you can get unlimited internet for not more than 10k in naija naira monthly ,when I say unlimited ,you can steam as many football games as you like and they won’t cut you off till the 30th day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
2-0 or preferably 3-0 will be enough for Ghana. 2-1 will still be bad

TheLoneCitizen:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
Nigerian internet may be expensive but I think it's very important to always put things in perspective when critiquing our performance vis a vis that of other African countries.

P.S. not always comfortable disparaging stats from researchers when it puts Nigeria in a positive light but quickly believe negative figures at the drop of a hat

Was honestly speaking from experience sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Arabiandude:

Bro, this your information is totally wrong from personal experience.
I have stayed in Kenyan, Benin Republic, Togo, Senegal, Seychelles and Ghana and I have friends that stays or have stayed in Uganda, Gambia, etc and you can't compare most things in terms of cost in these countries with Nigeria, mostly foodstuffs, Rent, etc. Though Benin Republic is cheaper compared to these other African countries.
In Ghana for example, a litre of fuel is currently 6.20 CEDI's which currently equals #60k. 1 seed of tomatoe is #100, 12.5kg game cost about 19k to fill. Sometimes water bill a month sef gets to 15-20k
Only you? You be Fulani or CIA?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Explain abeg. What will go wrong if they win 1-0. Ahbi something dey the table wey i no dey see?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
yinkeys:
Random question please
Does Frank Onyeka play 4 or 10 for Brentford ?
I’m actually confused, is he a defensive or central midfielder
Seems he does both in my opinion undecided
Ndidi is a defensive midfielder, so is Frank his replacement in case of any injuries
Transfermarkt labels him as CM
He plays a double 4 system. Their midfield is choked with 5 midfielders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Niger currently doing the lord's work for Algeria currently 1-1 against Burkina Faso

JohnBullMySon:
If Burkina Faso can overcome Niger today, brother expect anything on that Tuesday match.

I'm just imagining how Algerian fans will run mad, should Burkina Faso pull a surprise against Algeria. After all the goals mehn cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Only you? You be Fulani or CIA?
Hahahahaha, I be Fulani
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Dessers and Moffi's cases are understandable, both players lost form while still in their teething stage with the national team, so Rohr had to opt for better performing players.

My grouse is folks here who start to say: "these players didn't do enough" in 10 minutes.

To be fair, Dessers and Moffi deserve another chance. Onuachu is a fantastic player but doesn't fit Rohr’s plan.

Rohr tactically is an average Coach. Average? Let me be sincere, he's a poor Tactician. But he's the best we can afford now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Danielnino00:

You really overrate Rohr.. Abi which one is "if he's convinced by their performance in training".
The man is selecting players based on emotions, and you are saying another thing..

Why should Simon be starting games when it's glaring that he has little impact in the team? Why are Musa and Shehu still getting call ups? Why was an in form Aina dropped for Collins who just got back from injury in a crucial semi final game at the AFCON?
Why was Akpogunma rushed into the starting lineup in a secondary position in a game where we had all our natural RB fit?
Let's not even talk about Uche Agbo that was always getting call up but hardly ever played..not even in friendlies..
And you are talking about "performance in training"..

grin

Rohr is a German Ole Gunnar Solskjær. He's relying on individual brilliance to win Matches.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
forgiveness:

Now I got your point based on the bolded. His biased crews. Opari

cheesy

You can never change bro...... LMFAO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
SAs goal difference is currently 2 goals better than that of Ghana if the black stars score once their GD becomes equal but the Ghanaians have conceded more goals. Winning 2-0 will ensure they overtake SA on GD and also make bafana equal on goals conceded.

Check out group G standings to understand what I'm talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CAF)#Group_H

JohnBullMySon:
Explain abeg. What will go wrong if they win 1-0. Ahbi something dey the table wey i no dey see?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
chrisooblog:
Niger currently doing the lord's work for Algeria currently 1-1 against Burkina Faso

Whether 1-1 or 4-1 it changes nothing. As far as they did not lose, Algeria has something to be worried about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ghana will be using calculator for permutations lol
The next phase of our qualifiers is for the big dogs
I’m still marveled by how we easily qualified the last time out with Zambia, Cameroon & Algeria in our group
No headaches whatsoever

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11583) (11584) (11585) (11586) (11587) (11588) (11589) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Badbunny and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.