Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,840 members, 7,844,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11832006 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) ... (16234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

grin Precocious Youth vs World class Experience.... Mehn... cracker

asin eh

Germany went without muller,kroos,gotze,khedira..boateng ...ozil..neur and so many more

I think they are just testing this young guns for the future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cameroon provided lots of entertainment, but it is the end of the road for them.
There is no way the Indomitable Lions will beat Germany by 3 or more goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

how about kayode Sir icon4s....
the lad can do well upfront
considering the fact he has the strength and a good finisher too
I will prefer him above ideye...reason because he is more better finisher...
nacho playing as SS or Am...will allow room to shine...as he can as well switch wit the CF when occasion demands... more so his shot are well accurate and wit precision....
he will have a heyday

Look my brother we need to maximise the strength of that team. We need those final killer passes from Mikel which is why he is our best AM option.

Now who do you think is a better finisher between Iheanacho and Kayode?

When Mikel releases those killer passes who do you think would utilize them more. Iheanacho or Kayode?

If gifted with plenty of chances who do you think would bury them more between Iheanacho and Kayode!

Mikel takes the AM while Iheanacho plays CF for me.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Look my brother we need to maximise the strength of that team. We need those final killer passes from Mikel which is why he is our best AM option.

When Mikel releases those killer passes who do you think would utilize them more. Iheanacho or Kayode?

If gifted with plenty of chances who do you think would bury them more between Iheanacho and Kayode!

hmmmm.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

not every time he plays...we always score
remember against Spain...he played and we never scored...
please I will prefer kayode and nacho to start...nacho..as AM or SS...
while Kayode or Success as CF...
in the second half...iwobi and musa can be introduced... iwobi probably to replace nacho

We scored against spain

The match ended 3-1

I understand why you mentioned kayode but success shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

kayode can come on in the second half

ideye is not getting a fair treatment to be honest

anytime he plays for us we always score

he might not be scoring for us but he creates chance for others to score

Ideye?

Mention another player please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
But Kayode is the team's 2nd choice no.9/Striker....... and also The MVP and top scorer of the Austrian Bundesliga... But most importantly, he is in form.

I think he should get the nod ahead of Brown but hey... you just gave me your preference. But I think Kayode is the one likely to start if Nacho is sent the bench or made to play as the 10 behind the striker.

jotey:

kayode can come on in the second half

ideye is not getting a fair treatment to be honest

anytime he plays for us we always score

he might not be scoring for us but he creates chance for others to score
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
Well from an objective point of view... I got nothing more to add to this...

1000 likes for this post plsss... smiley

Icon4s:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

We scored against spain
The match ended 3-1
we never scored Spain won us 3 nil you go through YouTube... they won us 3 nil

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
Success may yet play a vital role against Cameroun even if it is from the bench. So yes... Success.

jotey:

We scored against spain

The match ended 3-1

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

We scored against spain

The match ended 3-1

I think success has the strength and pace to play against Africa opposition... remember as against Senegal....
he reminds me of emenike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hahahaha.... and Precocious Youth held world class experience.... grin

My hopes for the young guns of Germany were well founded after all... smiley

jotey:

asin eh

Germany went without muller,kroos,gotze,khedira..boateng ...ozil..neur and so many more

I think they are just testing this young guns for the future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
forgiveness:

Very painful when I see hard working youngsters being ignored despite willing to play for Nigeria.

Call this one! Call that one!

We can't have more than eleven players on the field at a time, we are a country with abundant talents, there'd always be new prospects emerging on a daily basis.

Their destinies might be decided by a number of unforeseen occurrences, some would work themselves out trying to break into the team, they'd yet be denied continuously a place in the SE team (not peculiar to Nigeria though)

Don't forget, the team handlers are humans and not some computer programs that monitors different attributes of players then automatically adds them to the team. Not mentioning the bias, favoritism, personal preference that influences decisions often taken.

Good or not, how fitted are you into what the manager wants to achieve at the moment?

We all want the best for the team, rohr would do as he please in the end.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Ideye?

Mention another player please.

Why shocked

Is ideye not good enough??

If you need goals against cameroun then play ideye

He has the experience

He might not score but just expect a goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
But Kayode is the team's 2nd choice no.9/Striker....... and also The MVP and top scorer of the Austrian Bundesliga... But most importantly, he is in form.

I think he should get the nod ahead of Brown but hey... you just gave me your preference. But I think Kayode is the one likely to start if Nacho is sent the bench or made to play as the 10 behind the striker.

My brother

Kayode or success will not start that match against cameroun

Yes I am saying it with confidence

You think rohr will just throw in success as a starter in that match shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

we never scored
Spain won us 3 nil
you go through YouTube...
they won us 3 nil

Yea yea my bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Success may yet play a vital role against Cameroun even if it is from the bench. So yes... Success.

Yea I expect to see success in the 2nd half
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Who plays RW?? You are focusing on just Bassogog?? If Moses plays LW, who plays RW?

Also.. who plays no.9 if Nacho, according to your deductions, is to play 10 behind the striker?

The reason why I chose V. Moses for the LW is to make good use of his right foot-his right foot has more power than his left.

We need a natural 9 and not a false one. Ideye, Kayode or Adi will have my nod for now.

Etebo is good on his right foot and so starts on the right as a crosser going forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
Humility017:

I think success has the strength and pace to play against Africa opposition... remember as against Senegal....
he reminds me of emenike

Success might play that match but not as a starter

You think rohr will just throw in success? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

I have read countless articles on how Iheanacho should be played as an AM/SS. So who is that player that deserves to start as the CF of this team?
we've got Ideye, Kayode, and Adi(if invited) and any of the three can start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2017
Exclusive: Turkish Club Goztepe In Advanced Talks With Super Eagles Star Shehu Abdullahi

According to information gathered by
allnigeriasoccer.com , Anorthosis Famagusta star Shehu Abdullahi might be heading to the Turkey in the summer transfer window.

Newly promoted Turkish Super Lig club Göztepe S.K. are hoping to complete the signing of the Nigeria international in the coming days.

Göztepe have held positive talks with Anorthosis Famagusta and the Super Eagle will probably sign a two-year deal when negotiations are completed.

The former Kano Pillars star is effective at multiple positions including right back, central defense, defensive midfield and attacking midfield.

Shehu's spectacular bicycle kick finished second in the Goal of the Season award in the Cypriot First Division last term.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23507

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

Why shocked
Is ideye not good enough??
If you need goals against cameroun then play ideye
He has the experience
He might not score but just expect a goal
Yes. Ideye is not good enough. Simple.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
No Ofcos... Success won't start.

Kayode won't start too coz Nacho is more lethal and We need a super finisher on-field to finish off Mikel's creativity and chances he will forge for us. Even Moses will also forge chances and we need our most proven finisher to start.

I was just speaking in "IF" tones for Kayode and also reminding you that a player like Success may yet be needed for that encounter even as a sub

jotey:

My brother

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
AIG07:
we've got Ideye, Kayode, and Adi(if invited) and any of the three can start.

Sorry none of them is good enough to keep Iheanacho on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
junnyjake:

Call this one! Call that one!

We can't have more than eleven players on the field at a time, we are a country with abundant talents, there'd always be new prospects emerging on a daily basis.

Their destinies might be decided by a number of unforeseen occurrences, some would work themselves out trying to break into the team, they'd yet be denied continuously a place in the SE team (not peculiar to Nigeria though)

Don't forget, the team handlers are humans and not some computer programs that monitors different attributes of players then automatically adds them to the team. Not mentioning the bias, favoritism, personal preference that influences decisions often taken.

Good or not, how fitted are you into what the manager wants to achieve at the moment?

We all want the best for the team, rohr would do as he please in the end.

10,000likes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

My people often say "a baby Lion is also a Lion".

Nuff said.

Let our own 'precocious youths' that played against SA go and play against that Chile team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Yes. Ideye is not good enough. Simple.

How is he not good enough

Have you forgotten afcon 2013

Someone that was banging goals for olympiacos early this season is not good enough?? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
Icon4s:

Sorry none of them is good enough to keep Iheanacho on the bench.

I rather play ideye as a striker than iheanacho against cameroun

You said nobody can bench him as a striker in our team

Tell me what he played against Algeria and SA as a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

My brother

This is actually my first time of commenting on this great thread and i really acknowledge all forumites.Keep up the good work y`all! However I watched the senegal game few hours ago and I think rohr needs to trust success on the right wing for the cameroon game.Boys direct running and power is already enough for their left back to get occupied and busy during the game.But what caught my attention most about success in the game is the way he was "skinning" Kalidou Koulibay(a chelsea target valued more than 50m pounds)lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
jotey:

How is he not good enough

Have you forgotten afcon 2013

Someone that was banging goals for olympiacos early this season is not good enough?? shocked

Emm how many goals did Ideye score at that 2013 AFCON?

And did you say the Greek league? You've probably swept away the fact that he flopped big time at Westbrom before he was shipped to Greece.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
Na now I know say you dey wicked.... angry

Our own team sef wey play SA even young pass and is less experienced than those German young guns and you say make them play gini??

You wanna spoil our rankings and shatter the confidence of our young ones the more abi.... your plans have failed... angry

Chief Icon4s... I just dey look you.... angry

Icon4s:

My people often say "a baby Lion is also a Lion".

Nuff said.

Let our own 'precocious youths' that played against SA go and play against that Chile team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1158) (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) ... (16234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.