Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11740692 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Are you people minding Forgiveness? undecided

He analyses football with a three-layered blindfold when it comes to Players like Iheanacho.

He keeps making a case for Solanke and Ajagun and we know why.

His analysis reeks of pure hate for certain players and blind love for others.... he will cook up any statement to spill nonsense to castigate our fine young footballers.

This was how he called me a liar for saying Iheanacho dusted Solanke in the 2015/16 season when both were given playing time (with Iheanacho have far lesser time and starts compared to Solanke) and I dropped the stats and burst his bubble.

Now he is here typing more trash...

Guys and ladies.... In my own analyses, I have clamored for Ajagun to be given a chance and also Aluko. I have also said I think Solanke can add something to our team if we can get him... but I will never run a player down with so much painful hate in the name of objectivity.

Bia Forgiveness.... this is why people hardly take you serious here. You really have to calm down and analyse soccer like a gentleman and not throwing careless comments like "I have no doubt that the national team is a cult".... who told you?? undecided Where is thy proof?

Freedom of expression does not mean you come and spill lies and comments devoid of intelligent analysis biko. Plsss check yourself. Thank You.

Sentimental he is, aren't we all and yes sometimes can get overly exuberant.

But I do not necessarily dismiss what he says or do not take him seriously and I yes I don't always agree with him.

The word cult I want to presume doesn't have satanic undertones in the context he uses it. Rather referring to the NFF favouritism and preferences that lack objectivity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Hearts, Oshaniwa set to part ways
by George Akpayen

Nigeria defender Juwon Oshaniwa faces the exit door at Scottish Premier League side Heart of Midlothian.

The 26-year-old left-back has fallen out of favour at Tynecastle and has failed to make a single first-team appearance in one year, further fuelling reports that talks with the Edinburgh club will be centred on ending their relationship.

Things are also not in favour of the Nigerian defender as he has just a year left in his contract.

Oshaniwa has unfortunately been unable to command a first-team place at Tynecastle in past months.

The former Sharks FC man struggled to get a look-in in former Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson's team and could not even earn an appearance under current manager Ian Cathro.

The club are looking to free up space for Polish left-back Rafal grzelak as Oshaniwa is reportedly one of their top-earning playing personnel.

Reports in Scotland now suggest that Oshaniwa and Hearts are set for showdown talks to bring about a smooth end to their relationship.

Oshaniwa's stock rose on the international scene after he was named in Nigeria's squad to the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations which they won and then featured at the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil.

Source: https://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/170623/Hearts_Oshaniwa_set_to_part_ways

If you cannot cut it in a club like Hearts then you have real problems.

Let me put it this way, I would expect Warri Wolves to beat Hearts in a competitive game.

And TheGoodJoe was recommending him for the left back slot hmmmmmm. Your club form should justify your inclusion in the Eagles all things being equal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2017
Bravo Sir Komekn.

Doing the best you can to make his comments seem valid huh? smiley

Look... don't even think of playing the "sentimental card" because as far as the super Eagles team is concerned, I don't apply sentiments... I am one person on this thread who speaks for all players. So how am I sentimental??

Is it because I try to educate most of you folks on the qualities of Iheanacho, Osimhen and Iwobi?? or Even Mikel?? Things that are facts and backed by analysts the world over on the qualities of the players?? If anyone thinks he can come here and spill rubbish about out players without facts and valid analysis, it is part of my duty on this thread to rise and debunk it with actual facts and valid analysis. Is that being sentimental??

Abeg... fact is Forgiveness' words are baseless and without facts. Until he comes up with facts on the national team being a cult, then he should mind his tongue/fingers.

And it is not the NFF who selects the players... It is Gernot Rohr!!!! Haven't we gotten that already? So how is the team cult-like??

komekn:

Sentimental he is, aren't we all and yes sometimes can get overly exuberant.

But I do not necessarily dismiss what he says or do not take him seriously and I yes I don't always agree with him.

The word cult I want to presume doesn't have satanic undertones in the context he uses it. Rather referring to the NFF favouritism and preferences that lack objectivity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:56am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:
H

It is comparative analysis.

Anichebe has been plagued by Injury after Injury trying to get 10 games out of Anichebe without Injury is almost impossible.

I have watched Anichebe live over quite a lot g period.
But in recent times I watched him live single handedly bully they entire defensive line of Liverpool. In addition every single ball that was thrown into the 18 he claimed with his head.

I watched him out pace Clyne in a race for the ball at the end of the match which Sunderland lost all the commentators said he was unplayable that day.

I am looking at him doing a job and doing it very well and that is too bully the entire defensive line up of Cameroon.
and success was not plagued with injury abi?
Success against boro was the MOTM in the match he was just unplayable
and we have a'aron samuel who people have forget. I will pick him ahead of anichebe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2017
All this one is story.... for every one you name, I will name five more who debunks such statement on Iheanacho not being a good striker/no.9.

komekn:

I could name a few but you probably will not know them but they are football analysts for EPL clubs not on big money but behind the scenes going through hours of video footage of individual players to objectively assess thier competencies, strengths and weaknesses.

Furthermore they wouldn't take kindly to being quoted online.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:00am On Jun 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
All this talk about big strikers does not work for me because the big strikers are easier to mark out of the game compared to the smaller one. Who do you think defenders will prefer to face?

Giroud or Sanchez
Aguero or Bony
Suarez or Benteke
Crouch or Firminho

Keep in mind, Klopp dropped Benteke for Firminho.

Also, we need the team moving forward and not backwards. My focus is on Osimhen having an explosive season as Iheanacho did at Manchester City and him giving a real battle for the striking role. I expect us to have a striking pair of Iheanacho and Osimhen upfront in the near future.

Not for the Camerounian match but from next year. As for the Cameroun game, Iheanacho leads with Mikel Orchestrating the forwards with brilliant tidy passes. Mikel needs to bring his A game to this match.

Balotelli or Sanchez
Lukaku or Aguero
Costa or Suarez
King or Firminho

I rest my case.

Which meal would you rather have football connoisseurs

Tell me who defenders fear pass.

NUFF SAID
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:01am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:

Anichebe when he was able to play opened up chances for Defoe. But Defoe without doubt is exceptional in a moi moi team like Sunderland he was still able to perform wonders.

Anichebe simply deh open road make better person pass and score. And d beta person na Defoe, a consistent top performing striker for over 15 years in the premiership.
defoe was scoring goals in the absent of anichebe #facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Jun 24, 2017
maidaboi:
defoe was scoring goals in the absent of anichebe #facts

I alluded to that fact already.

Even Moyes conceded that if he had a fully fit Anichebe all season besides Defoe they would probably not been relegated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:

hold up play and basically to unsettle the muscle head Cameroon defenders.

Anichebe opens the door for Defoe to deliver although as small as Defoe is he can still operate as a single striker. However, it's more effective with Anichebe who also scores the odd goal given the chance. On his day a defenders worst nightmare.
who will you pick? thats the question sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06am On Jun 24, 2017
Sir Komekn... I love the way you made a nice case for Anichebe's season.... he was indeed plagued by injuries. And the few times he featured, he did pretty good.

Now I ask... why then do you find it difficult accepting that Little rising Osimhen also battled with Injuries and even at that still got played by the coach immediately he came back from injury when Wolfsburg battled relegation??

You make a case for Anichebe's injuries but you ignore Osimhen's injury plight... even calling Osimhen a bench warmer.

Now that is what I call bad-ass sentiments. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2017
In the football world today, You think Defenders will dread a ballotelli over Alexis Sanchez??

or a Diego Costa over Luis Suarez?? like seriously

Goodness me! this is funny

komekn:

Balotelli or Sanchez
Lukaku or Aguero
Costa or Suarez
King or Firminho

I rest my case.

NUFF SAID

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:

Balotelli or Sanchez
Lukaku or Aguero
Costa or Suarez
King or Firminho

I rest my case.

NUFF SAID

why you change the question?
We are talking about those players with hold up, build up play and back to goal but lack goals not those that has goals
lukaku has goals compare to anichebe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:

Balotelli or Sanchez
Lukaku or Aguero
Costa or Suarez
King or Firminho

I rest my case.

NUFF SAID

What are you saying?

Balotelli Vs Sanchez is laughable. Sanchez is miles more difficult to mark.
Lukaku Vs Aguero, Aguero is the far deadlier striker. Keep in mind that Aguero missed loads of games compared to Lukaku, that is why the goal counts favored Lukaku. Aguero is rated World class by many, not Lukaku. Another laughable comparison.

Costa or Suarez? Does that need a debate? Suarez is already a legend and I bet you, most defenders will celebrate facing Costa compared to Suarez.

Kane Vs Firminho. Firminho is certainly the more difficult one to mark because of his tireless movement. I think one of the most difficult strikers to mark in the world today although Kane is brilliant when it comes to finishing good served up chances. When it comes to who is more difficult to mark, Firminho is far more difficult to mark.

As you can see, you have made my Point for me.

It was delicious, park and wash the plates. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:14am On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Komekn... I love the way you made a nice case for Anichebe's season.... he was indeed plagued by injuries. And the few times he featured, he did pretty good.

Now I ask... why then do you find it difficult accepting that Little rising Osimhen also battled with Injuries and even at that still got played by the coach immediately he came back from injury when Wolfsburg battled relegation??

You make a case for Anichebe's injuries but you ignore Osimhen's injury plight... even calling Osimhen a bench warmer.

Now that is what I call bad-ass sentiments. smiley
not to mention success that he term useless with the same injury problem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2017
Nabil Trabelsi Is The Man Spying On Cameroon In Russia, Not Rohr -NFF

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is not in Russia spying on Cameroon as widely reported, but one of his assistant is currently watching the team ahead of their clash against the Indomitable Lions in the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers.

Cameroon are currently campaigning in the Confederations Cup and will take on Nigeria in the race to be at the World Cup 2018 in Russia, where Nigeria are currently leading their group four points more than second placed Cameroon.

However the back to back games against Nigeria in September presents Cameroon with the opportunity to either move above Nigeria or level on points, a situation which has made the tie dicey for both teams.

Nigeria need to put an eye on Cameroon, and it has lead to talks about Nigeria spying on the Lions in the Confederations Cup, but Rohr is not directly the man keeping tabs on the Cameroonians in Russia.

Rohr’s video analyst Nabil Trabelsi is the man in Russia on behalf of the coach of the Super Eagle, according to Ade Ojeikere in the Saturday edition of SportingLife.

The Deputy Director (Media) of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Ademola Olajire revealed the manager is likely in France, where he is based and not in Russia as widely reported.

” I don’t think he (Rohr) is in Russia. Rohr is in France. He doesn’t have to be in Russia to monitor how the Cameroonians are faring at the ongoing Confederations Cup in Russia”, Olajire said in an interview with SportingLife.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/24/nabil-trabelsi-is-the-man-spying-on-cameroon-in-russia-not-rohr-nff/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
In the football world today, You think Defenders will dread a ballotelli over Alexis Sanchez??

or a Diego Costa over Luis Suarez?? like seriously

Goodness me! this is funny

So funny. I felt shocked about his ideas of the game today. Seriously, a defender will fear Balotelli more than Suarez. Who thinks that today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Nabil Trabelsi Is The Man Spying On Cameroon In Russia, Not Rohr -NFF

Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is not in Russia spying on Cameroon as widely reported, but one of his assistant is currently watching the team ahead of their clash against the Indomitable Lions in the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers.

Cameroon are currently campaigning in the Confederations Cup and will take on Nigeria in the race to be at the World Cup 2018 in Russia, where Nigeria are currently leading their group four points more than second placed Cameroon.

However the back to back games against Nigeria in September presents Cameroon with the opportunity to either move above Nigeria or level on points, a situation which has made the tie dicey for both teams.

Nigeria need to put an eye on Cameroon, and it has lead to talks about Nigeria spying on the Lions in the Confederations Cup, but Rohr is not directly the man keeping tabs on the Cameroonians in Russia.

Rohr’s video analyst Nabil Trabelsi is the man in Russia on behalf of the coach of the Super Eagle, according to Ade Ojeikere in the Saturday edition of SportingLife.

The Deputy Director (Media) of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Ademola Olajire revealed the manager is likely in France, where he is based and not in Russia as widely reported.

” I don’t think he (Rohr) is in Russia. Rohr is in France. He doesn’t have to be in Russia to monitor how the Cameroonians are faring at the ongoing Confederations Cup in Russia”, Olajire said in an interview with SportingLife.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/24/nabil-trabelsi-is-the-man-spying-on-cameroon-in-russia-not-rohr-nff/

Nice post. Nice to see Rohr sharing the work and I hope Nabil Trabelsi gives the coach deep insight into the Camerounian team and I hope we here more about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2017
komekn:

If you cannot cut it in a club like Hearts then you have real problems.

Let me put it this way, I would expect Warri Wolves to beat Hearts in a competitive game.

And TheGoodJoe was recommending him for the left back slot hmmmmmm. Your club form should justify your inclusion in the Eagles all things being equal.

First of all, I did not recommend Oshaniwa for the National team but suggested Rohr looks into Oshaniwa to see if there is a possibility of him being able to solve our challenge. Keep in mind that Oshaniwa displaced Echiejile in our National team before the arrival of Oliseh disrupted his progress in the team.

Rohr made the right call watching Oshaniwa in camp and even played him in the Super Eagles team A Vs Team B friendly. That was the coach doing more than what I asked and I am grateful for his deep understanding of the National team growth.

If playing Oshaniwa in a friendly is more than what I asked, how the hell can you say I suggested him for the team.

I believe after the meeting with Rohr, the German tactician gave Oshaniwa advices on how to get his career on track before an assault for a place in the team. I wish the young man the best because he was a breath of fresh air on the left side of our team and we are yet to have someone come close to what he offered. My eyes are set on Nura Abdullahi and I also hope the young man has an injury free explosive season ahead.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Sorry jare, I felt anichebe should not even be an option, the fact that people are actually questioning Nacho's ability is strange. One would think we would be looking for an attacking midfielder who would make his runs count. Not to start considering Martins and the likes

999likes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, I did not recommend Oshaniwa for the National team but suggested Rohr looks into Oshaniwa to see if there is a possibility of him being able to solve our challenge. Keep in mind that Oshaniwa displaced Echiejile in our National team before the arrival of Oliseh disrupted his progress in the team.

Rohr made the right call watching Oshaniwa in camp and even played him in the Super Eagles team A Vs Team B friendly. That was the coach doing more than what I asked and I am grateful for his deep understanding of the National team growth.

If playing Oshaniwa in a friendly is more than what I asked, how the hell can you say I suggested him for the team.

I believe after the meeting with Rohr, the German tactician gave Oshaniwa advices on how to get his career on track before an assault for a place in the team. I wish the young man the best because he was a breath of fresh air on the left side of our team and we are yet to have someone come close to what he offered. My eyes are set on Nura Abdullahi and I also hope the young man has an injury free explosive season ahead.

Meaning we should give credence to what people clamouring for Anichebe and Martins are saying. Rohr should equally arrange a test match to assess whether they can solve our attacking problems.

Oshaniwa that we knew had nothing to offer this present team.

I have always been of the opinion that trying too many players could be an unnecessary distraction.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nice post. Nice to see Rohr sharing the work and I hope Nabil Trabelsi gives the coach deep insight into the Camerounian team and I hope we here more about him.

Rohr would definitely be watching from the comfort of his living room.

Emm...TheSuperNerd Sebi na you with Rohr watch Cameroon game together the other day?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Meaning we should give credence to what people clamouring for Anichebe and Martins are saying. Rohr should equally arrange a test match to assess whether they can solve our attacking problems.

Oshaniwa that we knew had nothing to offer this present team.

I have always been of the opinion that trying too many players could be an unnecessary distraction.

I think trying players is part of the job but keep in mind we have video analyst (Nabil Trabelsi) who can analyze most of the players and give detailed report of the best players to call to camp.

In the case of Oshaniwa, he displaced the regular left back of the Super Eagles which gives credibility for the coach looking in.

We do not know the final verdict. For instance Rohr can give Oshaniwa an advice on how to get himself playing time and then a window back into the team. Wish the young man the best.

As for someone like Ideye, Rohr spent time in camp with him. If Rohr feels Ideye does not cut it, then I respect the Coach's judgment. As for Martins, Rohr can judge by watching the tapes of his games. If Rohr feels he does not need Martins, then he has my support.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

is that guy NABIL not as ex-Tunisia international
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
do4luv14:

is that guy NABIL not as ex-Tunisia international

The one you are talking about is Hatem Trabelsi. It is not the same person.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
Icon79:
Oga forgiveness, please could you kindly list some of these so called reputable football analysts, and professional footballers. Just for my personal education. Thanks.

O pari

No 1

"He told sports.bwin.com : "I’m a massive believer in what a manager does rather than what he says and I’m sure he thinks and says that Kelechi is a great young talent but Guardiola’s actions make it clear that he doesn’t believe he’s good enough."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-doesnt-think-kelechi-9603728.amp&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFgggMAI&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNHdRpcmkTNDjWYCbadpuWdsfcmmnw

You asked for it. But I don't agree he is not good enough as a player but I don't think he is good enough as a CF in the Super Eagles Jersey. Chikena!

No 2,

Kelechi is best utilised as a support striker,” Ezenwere told Manchestereveningnews

“He can play as an attacking midfielder, and also play from the flanks. He is a natural left footer so can play from inside left.”

“He is good in taking free kicks,” he said. “It is 100 percent possible that he will score against Algeria.

When he was in my team, almost all the competitions we participated he came out as highest goalscorer.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/10/12/28398962/iheanacho-played-out-of-position-at-manchester-city-says&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFggnMAQ&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNFBFEvd7aSxD7ZLdp7Okfb96O2dcg

No 3

"But I like normally one striker, not two. Of course, when Sergio [Aguero] was injured, players play the game. But then Gabriel came and Sergio didn’t play, so the space is what it is. But it is going to happen this situation with Gabriel so Sergio can’t play all the games and, of course, he [Iheanacho] is going to help us."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/03/01/like-one-striker-guardiola-speaks-iheanachos-snub/amp/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFggtMAY&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNG675Uyi85JmNE0MXl6O2F08uhtWg

This was the answer Guardiola gave for not playing Iheanacho. Take note that he emphasized on playing one striker. And he thinks Iheanacho is not the first or second choice. What does it mean?

No 4

The Super Eagles are now on the lookout for a new man to lead their attack as Kelechi Iheanacho has proved not to be the man to do so, top team officials have told only SCORENigeria

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/14/exclusive-eagles-shop-for-top-striker-iheanacho-not-the-man/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjoi7yv2tbUAhXIEVAKHaKoD_4QFggdMAE&q=Iheanacho+can%27t+play+as+a+striker+for+the+Super+Eagles&usg=AFQjCNFYvbyNiHdk1d38U7G2pr54Dh5oYg

Inner caucus.

No 5

"You can enjoy Kelechi more as a support striker because he is a creative player and a player that can make a difference anytime with assists or clear chances he can always covert that."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/05/Iheanacho-not-a-top-striker-Success-tells-Rohr/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjoi7yv2tbUAhXIEVAKHaKoD_4QFggjMAM&q=Iheanacho+can%27t+play+as+a+striker+for+the+Super+Eagles&usg=AFQjCNHWw5onJ6LVeDiyDa7iXFnsFS7qOg

Co colleague Isaac Success has spoken. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Where did you get this list from?
Mtcheew

Next thing now you go recommend Martins.

Look up, you go see dem.

Why not? I will recommend Martins Obafemi a million times if he keeps performing wella.

Do you have problem with that? shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Who then is good enough?

Ideye, Martins and Kayode. EOD

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Chaaaiiiiii.... Chief!!!! angry
Why you pocket that one like naa?? angry

Na wa for u sef.... angry

Icon4s:

999likes!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
forgiveness:

No 1

"He told sports.bwin.com : "I’m a massive believer in what a manager does rather than what he says and I’m sure he thinks and says that Kelechi is a great young talent but Guardiola’s actions make it clear that he doesn’t believe he’s good enough."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-doesnt-think-kelechi-9603728.amp&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFgggMAI&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNHdRpcmkTNDjWYCbadpuWdsfcmmnw

You asked for it. But I don't agree he is not good enough as a player but I don't think he is good enough as a CF in the Super Eagles Jersey. Chikena!

No 2,

Kelechi is best utilised as a support striker,” Ezenwere told Manchestereveningnews

“He can play as an attacking midfielder, and also play from the flanks. He is a natural left footer so can play from inside left.”

“He is good in taking free kicks,” he said. “It is 100 percent possible that he will score against Algeria.

When he was in my team, almost all the competitions we participated he came out as highest goalscorer.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/10/12/28398962/iheanacho-played-out-of-position-at-manchester-city-says&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFggnMAQ&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNFBFEvd7aSxD7ZLdp7Okfb96O2dcg

No 3

"But I like normally one striker, not two. Of course, when Sergio [Aguero] was injured, players play the game. But then Gabriel came and Sergio didn’t play, so the space is what it is. But it is going to happen this situation with Gabriel so Sergio can’t play all the games and, of course, he [Iheanacho] is going to help us."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/03/01/like-one-striker-guardiola-speaks-iheanachos-snub/amp/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi577LK2NbUAhXBL1AKHRZ_DjUQFggtMAY&q=Iheanacho+is+not+good+enough+for+the+CF+position&usg=AFQjCNG675Uyi85JmNE0MXl6O2F08uhtWg

This was the answer Guardiola gave for not playing Iheanacho. Take note that he emphasized on playing one striker. And he thinks Iheanacho is not the first or second choice. What does it mean?

No 4

The Super Eagles are now on the lookout for a new man to lead their attack as Kelechi Iheanacho has proved not to be the man to do so, top team officials have told only SCORENigeria

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/14/exclusive-eagles-shop-for-top-striker-iheanacho-not-the-man/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjoi7yv2tbUAhXIEVAKHaKoD_4QFggdMAE&q=Iheanacho+can%27t+play+as+a+striker+for+the+Super+Eagles&usg=AFQjCNFYvbyNiHdk1d38U7G2pr54Dh5oYg

Inner caucus.

No 5

"You can enjoy Kelechi more as a support striker because he is a creative player and a player that can make a difference anytime with assists or clear chances he can always covert that."

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/05/Iheanacho-not-a-top-striker-Success-tells-Rohr/&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjoi7yv2tbUAhXIEVAKHaKoD_4QFggjMAM&q=Iheanacho+can%27t+play+as+a+striker+for+the+Super+Eagles&usg=AFQjCNHWw5onJ6LVeDiyDa7iXFnsFS7qOg

Co colleague Isaac Success has spoken. grin

the answer to the hold part of your text should be that he is just not good enough as a striker. you will see now that even theGoodJoe who practically marvels at whatever Guardiola does will come out to argue now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oh yes.... you are spot on. I was with him alright.... wink

Icon4s:

Rohr would definitely be watching from the comfort of his living room.

Emm...TheSuperNerd Sebi na you with Rohr watch Cameroon game together the other day?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Are you people minding Forgiveness? undecided

He analyses football with a three-layered blindfold when it comes to Players like Iheanacho.

He keeps making a case for Solanke and Ajagun and we know why.

His analysis reeks of pure hate for certain players and blind love for others.... he will cook up any statement to spill nonsense to castigate our fine young footballers.

This was how he called me a liar for saying Iheanacho dusted Solanke in the 2015/16 season when both were given playing time (with Iheanacho have far lesser time and starts compared to Solanke) and I dropped the stats and burst his bubble.

Now he is here typing more trash...

Guys and ladies.... In my own analyses, I have clamored for Ajagun to be given a chance and also Aluko. I have also said I think Solanke can add something to our team if we can get him... but I will never run a player down with so much painful hate in the name of objectivity.

Bia Forgiveness.... this is why people hardly take you serious here. You really have to calm down and analyse soccer like a gentleman and not throwing careless comments like "I have no doubt that the national team is a cult".... who told you?? undecided Where is thy proof?

Freedom of expression does not mean you come and spill lies and comments devoid of intelligent analysis biko. Plsss check yourself. Thank You.

Hahahahahah! TheSuperNerd don vex.

Which players do I hate?

"he keeps making case for Solanke and Ajagun and we know why" kindly, please tell me why?

How am I running down a player?

Who is/are those players? Iheanacho?

Bia! My stance remains that Iheanacho is not a CF and many analyst has agreed to that obvious fact.

The boy is good as a SS or ATM. Is that that what you term running Iheanacho down ( I suppose he is the one you are referring to)?

Is it too difficult to see?

Did you see me mention Iheanacho should not be called to the national team or he is not good enough as a player?

Guy!! You have misunderstood and misinterpreted the whole argument to hate. Maka why, biko?

Why wake up the..... Na wa ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Exclusive – Musa Yahaya Gatecrash FC Porto First Team Squad For Pre Season Training

Highly rated Nigerian youth international Musa Yahaya will join the first team of FC Porto when they resume for pre season training, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

New coach of FC Porto Sergio Conceaio wants to run the rule on the 19 year old at close quarters, hence his decision to include him in his pre season squad.

Yahaya is not entirely new to the first team of the Portuguese side as he has train with them severally, but failed to make his debut for the first team of the team he joined last summer.

He however played regularly for the B team towards the end of last season and distinguished himself as a wingback for the team, who were crowned champions of the International Premier League Cup following their win over Swansea City.

The former Portimonense ace will now be hoping he wins the heart of the coach during training and possibly test games before the season starts proper in Portugal.

**Osas Mahawi

Source:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.