Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11607649 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12931) (12932) (12933) (12934) (12935) (12936) (12937) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2022
leathalbeast:
tweaaa! Stop bragging, you think ghana is coming to open up the game like nigeria did in kumasi ? tight defence with quick counter attacks

Nigerian opened up in Kumasi and you couldn’t score an offside goal

Boy stop contradicting yourself grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by poshemmanuel(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2022

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
andrewbaba44:

not contradicting myself, my statement wasnt complete, in kumasi u opened the game up but we wont do that in abuja, we will sit back and play counter attacks so how will you break us down then ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cocking: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin
No worry...we go shout...
BTW, what is your original moniker

This is my one and only irreplaceable Moniker grin Or are u skeptical about my Moniker
Cocking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So una rate Vicmo cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

Leave them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
Just an afterthought

Should a ball already rolling or heading for the net but stopped by a handball, deliberately, like Suarez's that year, be counted as a goal after the red card has been shown? A rule like that will help football, or not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
leathalbeast:
not contradicting myself, my statement wasnt complete, in kumasi u opened the game up but we wont do that in abuja, we will sit back and play counter attacks so how will you break us down then ?

Counter attack with which players cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
daveP:
grin grin grin

Leave them.

Same people that said Ejuke is better than vicmo don disappear

Na we wey like Vicmo come like ejuke pass them grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 12:01am On Mar 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Counter attack with which players cheesy cheesy
yoo i hear, how will you also score when osimen is in amartey's pocket?
Hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Same people that said Ejuke is better than vicmo don disappear

Na we wey like Vicmo come like ejuke pass them grin

I go just dey look. Dem dey see their young and restless doing all the needful now abi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:23am On Mar 28, 2022
If Sadiq Umar plays he will win a penalty for Nigeria and the ghsnisns will have a red card.
We should just tell him to keep dribbling.
We must exploit his creativity as a forward.
He can be a joker as the Ghsnisns don't rate him or have a plan for him. All they think is osimhen.
Sadiq style of play is different and will destroy the Ghsnisns defence.
Imagine if as early as the 5th minute the Ghsnisns get a red card and we win a penalty for their rough play towards Sadiq Umar. That will leave them confused

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2022
Kelechi was a minus one....nothing he added to the game.
Danielnino00:

In my opinion, the lack of enough personnel in midfield really affected our overall play... There were times when our wingers and fullbacks got the ball but didn't know what to do cus there was nobody to pass it to.. There was no coordination between Bonke and Aribo at all..at the AFCON, Aribo worked better with Ndidi..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:48am On Mar 28, 2022
Ppogbae:
WC Alert:

Canada has qualified for WC 2022
At least 2 9ja born guys. Mr. Tomori should at least have chosen them, at least WC go sure for am but now, e no go smell WC at this rate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:05am On Mar 28, 2022
True. I don’t think that Samu has fully recovered from injury. He’s been poor since the AFCON.

O pari

nelszx:

I'll just sub Chukwueze (he hadn't played well in 3 games now) for Amoo
Nothing to lose, let the kid prove his invite

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:07am On Mar 28, 2022
I totally concur with you but, just like Ekong, I think Egu likes him. Anyway, let’s hope he’ll recover his form before the World Cup because we gonna need him at his best.

O pari

Kog45:
Sir i will not start Chuckwueze.I will.rather go for Simon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:28am On Mar 28, 2022
The USNT is quite good. Playing minnows though. Between US and Nigeria, who do you guys think would win?

Congrats to Canada BTW, lovely country. they've gone wild on social media. This World wey we dey see all the time get people wey dem find am since oh cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:31am On Mar 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ghana attack has never been dangerous. My only problem is that we might become clueless and that match and they'll drag the game to penalty or worse still, steal a goal. God forbid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:04am On Mar 28, 2022
USNT has practically qualified IMO, Pulisic just used this game to statpad. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:06am On Mar 28, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
The USNT is quite good. Playing minnows though. Between US and Nigeria, who do you guys think would win?

Congrats to Canada BTW, lovely country. they've gone wild on social media. This World wey we dey see all the time get people wey dem find am since oh cheesy

The Canadians looked to be in trouble after losing to Costa Rica on Friday, but I salute their mental toughness in shaking off that disappointment and thrashing Jamaica!

Honestly, I believe the USMNT would beat our current SE by a slim margin. As you may have seen today, the US team have better football intelligence than whatever Nigeria and Ghana served up on Friday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:18am On Mar 28, 2022
PDPGuy:

The Canadians looked to be in trouble after losing to Costa Rica on Friday, but I salute their mental toughness in shaking off that disappointment and thrashing Jamaica!

Honestly, I believe the USMNT would beat our current SE by a slim margin. As you may have seen today, the US team have better football intelligence than whatever Nigeria and Ghana served up on Friday
You can never tell. When the SE are in form, I'll say both teams are equally matched. Don't forget Canada served them hot eba at the last int'l break.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 4:33am On Mar 28, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

We have better talents man to man but we are too tactically deficient. These guys use data to formulate tactics for games, for us it’s just 90s football, vibes, 4-4-2, may your will be done and inshallah.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Philosopher1979:
If Sadiq Umar plays he will win a penalty for Nigeria and the ghsnisns will have a red card.
He can be a joker as the Ghsnisns don't rate him or have a plan for him. All they think is osimhen.
Imagine if as early as the 5th minute the Ghsnisns get a red card and we win a penalty for their rough play towards Sadiq Umar. That will leave them confused
Eguavoen like Rohr won't start him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2022
Danielnino00:

As in ehn... That Abuja stadium used to have digital advertising board sometimes ago when they hosted the NPFL super 4 tourney.. Also the enugu stadium has it installed..

I don't think it's that difficult for them to install it...maybe they just don't want to...
even the uyo stadium that is an edifice does not have it....this is 21st century smh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:52am On Mar 28, 2022
Kog45:
Sir i will not start Chuckwueze.I will.rather go for Simon.

Chuks won’t play ,he is out with bonke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cocking: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2022
Philosopher1979:
Imagine if as early as the 5th minute the upGhsnisns get a red card and we win a penalty for their rough play towards Sadiq Umar. That will leave them confused
Sadiq won't rise to the occasion, this is not Almeria where he would be given a free kick or penalty on any soft tackles. This is African football that involves physicality and hard tackles, Despite the fact that Osimhen was physically involved, he was shoved off his feet on countless times and infringement wasn't given which we all saw with our koro Koro eyes. Na Sadiq way dey fall like water fall u won come put for that kind match...
Sadiq go just waste ur One on one chances (He's too wasteful as a striker)

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Philosopher1979:

So sadiq umar should play not because he is good but because he knows how to win a pk ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2022
So many showdowns across the world this Tuesday. It's all to play for in both Europe and Africa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11am On Mar 28, 2022
Amedino99:
Maduka getting props
https://www.facebook.com/upsoclthecracks/videos/1038148986783276/?app=fbl

I noticed after such a exceedingly commendable display by Okoye not a single like or even comment.

Am I missing something ❓ if this was Victor O., Uzoho there would be a lot more comments and likes.

I wonder WHY ❓�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2022
Danielnino00:

You aren't informed!
We care less about which club they both play for...What matters is their performance in the GWG... Uzoho has clearly been better than Okoye in the GWG..I don't care if Uzoho moves to Sri Lanka..as long as he keep performing in the GWG..

Everyone who so far says Uzoho is better has not said how and or supported it with statistics and rational measurement of attributes.

All I've heard here is emotive dislike, prejudice and bias.

You included.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So sadiq umar should play not because he is good but because he knows how to win a pk ?

Because he keeps falling down and eventually he will get us a penalty.

Arrant nonsense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What’s your point ?

Your point is Okoye should be the starter right ?

If the backwater league GK is better then there is nothing wrong ,many African GK at the afcon weren’t playing at the top but trust me they are good and better than Okoye self

Make your point clear and stop this shalaye

Why should I trust you .

Do you know the amount of analysis that hours into the decision to buy a goalkeeper in European football.

If Uzoho was so good why has he remained in the Doldrums of mediocrity in Cyprus. ❓❓❓

One game doesn't make a player it's a decision based over a whole season. To many of you judged Okoye over one game.

The prejudice stinks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2022
Kog45:
I remeber Westerhoff picking Finidi George of NPFL.over Eredivisie Tijani Babangida before Finidi moved to Ajax.Amuneke of Zamalek.over Ikpeba so having Uzoho.over Okoye is a welcome development cos Uzoho is better irrespective of where he is playing the game

Oga,just tell me any remarkable displayed in GWG by Okoye..Carl Ikeme will always be a reference point for his performance against Zambia.

Okoye till today has not shown us why he deserve to be number.one ahead of others...mind you i will rather gamble with Ojo.of NPFL.than Okoye coz i do not rate him at all,nothing special about him....my opinion.

There was a time players moved directly from the Nigerian league to top clubs in Europe.

That era has gone long time ago and is dead and buried. The era were our players largely played in the elite leagues and clubs of Europe.

Our players are mostly playing in obscure league and club's in the backwaters of European football.

You are trying to use a DOS computer software operating systems to make deductions when we are using windows 11.

Your approach has crashed you need to bin your relics and download up to date IT systems. Because you are out of touch and stuck in the past .

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12931) (12932) (12933) (12934) (12935) (12936) (12937) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, slimthugchimee2(m), quickberry(m), do4luv14(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.