Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665935 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14206) (14207) (14208) (14209) (14210) (14211) (14212) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
Kog45:
Osimehn is too good for seria A,hope to see him in EPL or LA LIGA next season,watching him against Spezia was like training match and i love that assist from Kwaratskhelia,very unselfish.
He lets Kvara take penalties
Napoli is playing like a proper team.
Unselfish players.
Napoli is heading to the UCL quarter finals.
I don’t see Frankfurt causing an upset
They play bottom side Cremonese at home next grin
More goals for Victor
He might get a hat trick grin
Victor Osimhen 16
Ademola Lookman 12
Doubt he’d catch up grin
Capocannoniere Almost Sealed

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
Danielnino00:
The youth teams of championship clubs have no idea what they missed grin grin grin

You just had to go there.... 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Fire commentπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯🀝🏽🀝🏽

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
Danielnino00:
Naoli next game is at home against Cremonese who are winless and have conceded 37 goals this season....

A feast!

Abeg oo grin

Make una no jinxxx am oo grin grin

If Osimhen fit score at least 2 against every bottom half opposition, e go sweet me

However, Naples coach need to manage his minutes very well to ensure that Star boy doesn't get injured ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2023
chrisooblog:
Many posters might wonder why we're always rooting for Victor. It's not just because he's a very good footballer world class even but because he's an all round cool guy. This video also captures how friendly and genuine he is. God willing he stays injury free I think he's on course to become one of the greats of World and African football.

https://twitter.com/Buchi_Laba/status/1622220832058613766?s=20&t=b7zFnNEYZYAL7aGDIU5v0w
Yes Oga Chris,rooting for Osimhen is not about being cool but being a rare player from NIGERIA.It took us many years after Yekini left the stage to see a real striker and a world class one in Victor Osimhen,so he is worthy to be celebrated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
yinkeys:

Is Victor Osimhen chasing Haaland now grin ?
Any silly mistake and Osimhen will punish any defense
10 more goals and he seals the Capocannoniere this season
And he ain’t taking penalties shocked wow
osimhen have scored more goals than haaland since the world Cup tournament; only 3 napoli players in history have scored more goals in a single campaign than him. The good thing is that he will crown his effort with the seria A title. The team up against napoli should be wary right now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Victor got up like MJ in his prime grin

You knowπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯🀝🏽🀝🏽

Victor's Hangtime and leaps for aerials just keep getting even more monstrous with each game.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2023
yinkeys:

He lets Kwara take penalties
Unselfish players.
More goals for Victor

If he can score a hat trick in the first 45 mins of next match, let them just remove him

I repeat, Osimhen's minutes needs to be managed so that he doesn't sustain any grave injury. Tat's the only thing stopping him from greatness this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 2:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
Kog45:
Osimehn is too good for seria A,hope to see him in EPL or LA LIGA next season,watching him against Spezia was like training match and i love that assist from Kwaratskhelia,very unselfish.
I would love to see him stay one more season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Rockyrascal:
Victor osimhen for napoli this season:
16 games
16 goals
3 assists

Our boy is on fire, I don't think ademola can catch up with him cheesy

WHile being out for about a 1month due to injury

He is edging closer to Haaland day by day

Now a quick question, if Osimhen were to be Man City's top 9 and not Haaland, do you guys think that he would have same or more goals than Haaland does now?

thesupernerd, kog45, komekn, thegoodjoe, bascovanveli. I need you guys opinion on this

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Newest Update: Victor Osimhen and the Weah Serie A Goals Record

George Weah scored 46 goals in 114 Serie A games (108 starts) all in the colors of AC Milan.

With a brace today, Victor Osimhen is currently on 40 goals in 68 Serie A games (55 starts).

He only needs 7 more goals to overtake The Great and Super Legendary George Weah.

Osimhen is on Title hunt and Records-Obliteration Missions. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
yinkeys:

He lets Kwara take penalties
Unselfish players.
More goals for Victor
I don't think Victor is assigned to take penalties,if not he would have been on 20 goals but kudos to Kvaratskhelia for the assist.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2023
Blueelf:

Now a quick question, if Osimhen were to be Man City's top 9 and not Haaland, do you guys think that he would have same or more goals than Haaland does now?

thesupernerd, kog45, komekn, thegoodjoe, bascovanveli. I need you guys opinion on this

I beleive Osimhen will perform close to Haaland but, I think Haaland is tidier in finding gaps in the box than Osimhen. However, Osimhen is learning fast and if he improves on it, he will become too deadly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Newest Update: Victor Osimhen and the Weah Serie A Goals Record

George Weah scored 46 goals in 114 Serie A games (108 starts) all in the colors of AC Milan.

With a brace today, Victor Osimhen is currently on 40 goals in 68 Serie A games (55 starts).

He only needs 7 more goals to overtake The Great and Super Legendary George Weah.

Osimhen is on Title hunt and Records-Obliteration Missions. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
He’d break it
Victor will score at least 10 more goals in serie A this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
Blueelf:

Some might disagreed,Victor Osimehn is in class of Haaland and seeing him in Real Madrid,Barcelona,Man utd,Bayer Munich and Chelsea would be massive.The goal against Roma settled any questions on being World class or not.The guy has everything and he is proving that in seria A,16 games 16 goals damn massive.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

No one said Chelsea is going to sign him. The fact is Osimhen is one of the hottest properties in football and all top clubs are pondering about signing him. Even Chelsea. It is impossible for a club of such status not to consider Osimhen.

Whether they will sign him depends on multiple factors.

However, you said Chelsea are not looking at Osimhen, which is not true. Osimhen is one of the hottest players today and every serious big club will weigh his Option.

Finito.

Since you put this way, kindly understand that Nottingham Forrest and Mallorca are also looking at Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yes egbon we have waited so many years for a worthy successor to Yekini. Hoping Osimhen can something special for SE like baba Rashidi.

Kog45:
Yes Oga Chris,rooting for Osimhen is not about being cool but being a rare player from NIGERIA.It took us many years after Yekini left the stage to see a real striker and a world class one in Victor Osimhen,so he is worthy to be celebrated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2023
Danielnino00:
The youth teams of championship clubs have no idea what they missed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Since you put this way, kindly understand that Nottingham Forrest and Mallorca are also looking at Osimhen.

So, it is funny saying Chelsea is not looking at Osimhen. It is very impossible for them not to have their radar on one of the hottest strikers in the game today.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
Actually 17 games (16 starts).

Hey, Rockyrascal, I think you should correct the games count. Top post. 🀝🏽

Kog45:
Some might disagreed,Victor Osimehn is in class of Haaland and seeing him in Real Madrid,Barcelona,Man utd,Bayer Munich and Chelsea would be massive.The goal against Roma settled any questions on being World class or not.The guy has everything and he is proving that in seria A,16 games 16 goals damn massive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2023
comodo:

🀣🀣

Daniel be like....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2023
Just 1 in Serie A.

ChrisKels:

How many penalties has he won?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yes Haaland has an uncanny knack for getting his positioning right in the opposition box. However I think Victor would give Man City more dynamism and unpredictability in attack considering how he drifts to the wide areas. Haalaad no doubt is probably the best finisher in the game right now but Osimhen's other qualities could also make him an ideal target man for the Cityzens.

TheGoodJoe:

I beleive Osimhen will perform close to Haaland but, I think Haaland is tidier in finding gaps in the box than Osimhen. However, Osimhen is learning fast and if he improves on it, he will become too deadly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
chrisooblog:
Yes egbon we have waited so many years for a worthy successor to Yekini. Hoping Osimhen can something special for SE like baba Rashidi.

It is left for Peseiro to give us the best cos it would be a disaster if this present generation failed to win Afcon or make World Cup.If Ighalo and Emenike can do it in afcon why not Osimehn... Good that Yekini record is going to be broken.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
The Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 🀝🏽 Victor Osimhen Partnership

Kvaradona has assisted Osimhen 6 times in Serie A this season.

Osimhen has assisted Kvaradona once in Serie A and given him 2 pens now (especially that one in the UCL vs Ajax. Iconic moment that took their partnership to the next level of monstrosity).

This is Arguably Europe's Hottest Duo🀝🏽πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

So, it is funny saying Chelsea is not looking at Osimhen. It is very impossible for them not to have their radar on one of the hottest strikers in the game today.

Finito.

Before quality, financial probability and sporting project takes precedence.

Messi is currently on a bosman, how many clubs are gunning for the best player in the world/player with most goals+ this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2023
ChrisKels:

How many penalties has he won?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2023
Dessers has a playing time agreement in his contract for Cremonese. That's why he's not being benched.

Or else he is a certified flop.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
chrisooblog:
Yes Haaland has an uncanny knack for getting his positioning right in the opposition box. However I think Victor would give Man City more dynamism and unpredictability in attack considering how he drifts to the wide areas. Haalaad no doubt is probably the best finisher in the game right now but Osimhen's other qualities could also make him an ideal target man for the Cityzens.

Haaland has direct instruction from Guardiola to camp in the box and not drift.

So Osimhen's dynamism will be overkill in City.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2023
Blueelf:

No two ways about it, He would had outscored Haaland,

You heard it from me here,

Victor in mancity with Debruyne, that's a combo that's gotta get goals aplenty, very plenty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Kog45:

How many world class goals are scored by average players week-in, week-out?

That doesn't define a world class player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2023
Ola Aina (Torino) vs Isaac Success (Udinese) currently on in Serie A.

Both in action from the start. 26mins played.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

🀣🀣

Daniel be like....

You're well mistaken,Nerdie... I'm a man of peace grin
I just had to put out a reminder...

Imagine what Middleborough, Blackpool or Oldham Athletic would be salivating on right now πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14206) (14207) (14208) (14209) (14210) (14211) (14212) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, lordofstrings, komekn(m), opes and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.