Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670105 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14371) (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) (14376) (14377) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2023
jihday:
the irony of praising Morocco and talking down on foreign-born
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:51am On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Cameroon beat them at the World Cup. Brazil is just name without Neymar. Brazil is not that good. The same Morocco struggled to beat South Africa at home. Abeg, rest
What Morocco 🇲🇦 played outclass what Cameroon 🇨🇲 played. Morocco dominated the game and threatened Brazil more. Take it or leave it Morocco is one of the best in the world now because of good leadership and investment in sports.

South Africa game was wayyyy before the World Cup bro and under a different coach, this their coach now is a mastermind and braniac, always reading the game and communicating with his players. Not like one person that only knows how to wear T-shirts and jeans and finish two packets of bottle water before the end of first half. Thank God they'll be playing South Africa again in this year's qualifications. Let's see something ✍🏾

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2023
zuchyblink:
Super Eagles: pride of Lions led by a sheep
Apt! ✍🏾

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2023
BankyGee:
Omo Morocco no be anybody mate for Africa again o! They just dis-Braziled Brazil 😯

They play good football no cap. This their current coach is the GOAT 🐐

Forza Maroc 🇲🇦

No disrespect to Morocco but is a Brazil without Neymar really Brazil?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Mar 26, 2023
"Bendel Insurance will beat Ponferradina COMPREHENSIVELY" has got to be the biggest statement of football ignorance made as we approach the end of the year's first quarter. Where is the brilliance in such statement? Where is the truth? Where is the sense of research thinking done to reach such obviously absurd conclusion?

What a load of garbage that is. Uttered all in a bid to talk down on a midfielder that he is obviously miffed to see make TEAM OF THE WEEK in La Liga Smartbank 🤣🤣🤣

Dread it, run from it... But the Super Eagles midfield need Kelechi Nwakali. His combination with Alex Iwobi in the middle will bring delight to our middle game plays and extra smoothness to our playing dynamics. All they need behind them is a ball playing, ball winning CDM. We can manage Ndidi with Nwakali and Iwobi paired but the Truth is with/in time, Onyedika would have to step in alongside the Nwakali-Iwobi duo to upgrade that midfield in the 2nd phase of build up plays in addition to the defensive steel he is expected to provide.

Enough of this hiding from the truth all in the name of agenda. Agenda that doesn't add anything to you and certainly doesn't help the team.

We have a midfield problem and we need the right personnel to come in and fix things. From Kelechi Nwakali to Alhassan Yusuf to Raphael Onyedika, we have the pieces to upgrading our middle game structure to masterpiece level alongside the pieces already there in Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyeka and co.

Think Brilliance. Think Unbiased Solutions. We are talking about the Super Eagles here. So you are happy a player based in Iran, in the bloody persian gulf pro league, came to Abuja and outmuscled/outclassed our EPL-based midfielders in several phases of plays? Na wa.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Omo boss, Neymar might be a key Brazilian player but "Brazil" is a name that makes opponents work had to defeat them. What happened to world-class players like Casemiro, Rodrygo, Anthony and Vinicius Jnr? They no come play na, they came to win.

Morocco deserves every respect they can get. Failure to learn from those close to us is what is still dragging our football back. Forget this thread, outside this thread, the world is standing in awe of Morocco right now.
Many people said Morocco's World Cup run was luck, well, they're making a statement that it's not luck but hardwork.

If this same Brazil squad plays against us the same way they played against Morocco, it's otilo for us. No cap

I'll say it again, Morocco is what we want the Super Eagles 🦅 to be and more... We just never ready yet.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2023
He also plays from the left for Atalanta.

codemaniacs:

Play Ejuke or Aribo on the left and play Chukwueze or Lookman on the right.

Lookman plays from the right for Atlanta.

If Aina was playing he would have made more crosses than Osayi. Osayi plays safe football and that's good when you're leading but troubling when you're losing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2023
elyte89:

C bad belle , na y una no fit beat Guinea Bissau at home with all ur full strength team🙈🙈😊😂
I swear. Instead of to dey learn from them now, person dey talk say dem no do anything special 🤣

Note: I'm the biggest fan of the Super Eagles 🦅 but make we dey talk truth ✍🏾
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2023
zuchyblink:
Super Eagles: pride of Lions led by a sheep
it's so sad to see a golden generation of the super eagles not achieving anything, I hope this team doesn't end up like the martinez led Belgium national team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2023
A World Class Attacking Force, an underpar and tactically imbalanced midfield and an average defence.

That is the summary of the Super Eagles.

How would the iron-head of a hammer hit its target when the handle is bad? Like really bad.

Selah🤷🏽

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Comparing a World cup win to a friendly match. lol! A Brazilian team with Ibanez and Miliato in defence! lol! We too dey hype mediocrity in Africa!
Guy you're the one that needs to rest.

I'm a diehard fan of the Super Eagles 🦅 but when you see the truth, you say it. Under a good coach, we'd perform better than Morocco, I know that, but now, no vex, Super Eagles 🦅 would've collected 4-2 or 4-1 from this same squad that Morocco 🇲🇦 outplayed.

You're talking about Brazilian defence, what about our own defence two days ago? Brazil would've punished us mercilessly.

We've qualified for World Cup more times than Morocco, it took Morocco just a little opportunity to show themselves to the world, reaching a world cup semifinals. Is that what mediocrity means to you? Please download a dictionary app.

You're the one hyping mediocrity here!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Akpoguma & Bassey as Centre Bacck is a recipe for defeat. These two are so poor watching them play together. The only place for bassey should be Leftback while zaidu sit on the bench. Uzoho is a damn too poor a goalkeeper. Lately, i will rate Agbim better than him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
He also plays from the left for Atalanta.

Highlights I watched he was more effective and efficient on the right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Cameroon beat them at the World Cup. Brazil is just name without Neymar. Brazil is not that good. The same Morocco struggled to beat South Africa at home. Abeg, rest
When did Morocco struggle to beat South Africa

Is it before or after the World Cup ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
He is efficient and influential from both sides. One thing you must understand is when on the right he isn't operating as a right winger exactly but as a right sided forward in a front 2.

On the left, he does same in addition to also operating as an inside forward who attacks the left halfspace efficiently.

codemaniacs:

Highlights I watched he was more effective and efficient on the right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
We played a 1-1 draw with the same Brazil on a neutral ground 3 years ago! So rest!
When last did your Morrocco won AFCON self? The Egyptian we outplayed knocked them out of AFCON so rest!
AFCON is next year, we will see them there!

You sound so pained 😂 😂 😂

When did they won afcon this and that

Person like you na they stick to the old ways

We beat Egypt but they end up in final

Morocco is mediocrity but aside Senegal they’re the pride of Africa right now

Think of how to beat Guinea before another people success go blind you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Comparing a World cup win to a friendly match. lol! A Brazilian team with Ibanez and Miliato in defence! lol! We too dey hype mediocrity in Africa!

Morocco Fxcked Portugal on the word stage but

Some world class players who wears green and white got raped by jao Felix alone

Try get sense

Morocco is ahead of us in terms of everything structure, play style, everything

The only thing super has going for them is osimehn

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marjoribanks:
The moment Chukweze understands Osayi's movement that right side will be deadly. I would prefer an Aina and Simon/Lookman on the left.

They mumu yourself for there
Before them go understand each other movem
Maybe during next World Cup group stage

Because patriotism don blind your judgement

Bitterness won’t let you see the truth that
The coaches are bad but the players are worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
codemaniacs:

Play Ejuke or Aribo on the left and play Chukwueze or Lookman on the right.

Lookman plays from the right for Atlanta.

If Aina was playing he would have made more crosses than Osayi. Osayi plays safe football and that's good when you're leading but troubling when you're losing.

How can we play ejuke who’s not on the team na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
BankyGee:

I swear bro. Morocco is what we want the Super Eagles 🦅 to be and more.

Morocco is what super eagles 🦅 think they’re

Bro we’re riding so hard on past glory of our players and it has worn off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
They should sack Peseiro and choose from this list:
Cerezo
Amunike
Ndubuisi Egbo
Finidi
Emenalo
Oliseh(has attitude issues)
Since we don't have money to hire quality foreign coaches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
zuchyblink:
They should sack Peseiro and choose from this list:
Cerezo
Amunike
Ndubuisi Egbo
Finidi
Emenalo
Oliseh(has attitude issues)
Since we don't have money to hire quality foreign coaches.
Get us Tom Saintfiet. Quality and affordable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
zoboizee:
Akpoguma & Bassey as Centre Bacck is a recipe for defeat. These two are so poor watching them play together. The only place for bassey should be Leftback while zaidu sit on the bench. Uzoho is a damn too poor a goalkeeper. Lately, i will rate Agbim better than him.

I have said it several times dt d pairing of akpos and bassey got exposed during d friendly against Algeria..I don’t even like cin bassey as a cb for eagles . I lose confidence in him in Dt position cos he doesn’t possess dt “calm calculative attitude most cb defenders have,hence prone to making rash decisions/mistake.he’s better off playing as a left back

And u c dt akpos…dt one na anoda “poor ekong”. As bad as ekong is,I prefer ekong to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
Odunayaw:
Get us Tom Saintfiet. Quality and affordable.

Yes dis is one of my choice when it comes to affordable foreign coaches

Anoda one I like is dupois(d guy dt defeated rohr in group stage 2019) Madagascar

And d last one is former Al ahly South African coach😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Justice505: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

This is very wrong coming from you. So if Nigeria for example beat Brazil you will make this comment. Brazil is Brazil, if there are feeding handicap or amputees all Brazilian teams are dangerous and should be taking serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
andrew444:

When did Morocco struggle to beat South Africa

Is it before or after the World Cup ?
Leave him let him keep capping. Match that was played a long way before the World Cup... Ended 2-1 in favour of Morocco.

After the World Cup, I remember rewatching that match again to see their playing style with South Africa then and I came to the conclusion that they've grown a lot, no cap...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
BankyGee:

Omo boss, Neymar might be a key Brazilian player but "Brazil" is a name that makes opponents work had to defeat them. What happened to world-class players like Casemiro, Rodrygo, Anthony and Vinicius Jnr? They no come play na, they came to win.

Morocco deserves every respect they can get. Failure to learn from those close to us is what is still dragging our football back. Forget this thread, outside this thread, the world is standing in awe of Morocco right now.
Many people said Morocco's World Cup run was luck, well, they're making a statement that it's not luck but hardwork.

If this same Brazil squad plays against us the same way they played against Morocco, it's otilo for us. No cap

I'll say it again, Morocco is what we want the Super Eagles 🦅 to be and more... We just never ready yet.

Brazil ain't Brazil without Neymar. That's like saying Argentina without Messi is the same team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Justice505:
This is very wrong coming from you. So if Nigeria for example beat Brazil you will make this comment. Brazil is Brazil, if there are feeding handicap or amputees all Brazilian teams are dangerous and should be taking serious.

Coming from me as in how? Even when we drew Brazil in a friendly, we all knew it would have been different if Neymar didn't get injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Justice505:

We no even get talk, shame no Dey catch us…na one lowly placed team beat us like tif for our backyard,and we re here downplaying someone else victory against a top footballing nation

After tagging our sef as d best in striking dept in d world better Dan Brazil France and co …lol😀😀😀😀😀

I am sure if we re d one dt defeated Brazil ,dis thread won’t rest,nobody will downplay such a victory

Make e kan b say na osimhen score d two goals dt defeated them(Brazil) na ballond’or straight everybody for dis thread go Dey shout😀😀😀😀

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is my problem with the NFF. Our U23 eagles recorded a barren draw at home and are scheduled to leave Nigeria for Morocco for the 2nd leg on Sunday night while their Guinean counterparts are already in Morocco since Friday evening. We are not just serious in this country.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Brazil ain't Brazil without Neymar. That's like saying Argentina without Messi is the same team.
Fact is, Morocco has proven to be a formidable force in footballing world without an inkling of doubt.

They beat Belgium, Portugal, Canada, Spain and now Brazil... All these teams are ranked in the top 10 ranking except Canada, and guess what? Morocco beat these guys as the 22nd ranked team in the world then, except Brazil of course. This is a clear enough statement from the Atlas Lions 🦁

Brazil is Brazil. Class is class. Give them their flowers. A team that has Casemiro and Vinicius Jnr should be formidable enough.

All these teams I listed above will beat the Eagles effortlessly. Let's ask Jão Felix, (a Portugese squad without Ronaldo, flogged us 4-0). The Moroccans also played the same squad in a competitive match and won, with Ronaldo later coming off the bench o 😂

To me, I don't see what Neymar would have done differently to change the result of the game walahi. Class is class 😎

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
BankyGee:

Fact is, Morocco has proven to be a formidable force in footballing world without an inkling of doubt.

They beat Belgium, Portugal, Canada, Spain and now Brazil... All these teams are ranked in the top 10 ranking except Canada, and guess what? Morocco beat these guys as the 22nd ranked team in the world then, except Brazil of course. This is a clear enough statement from the Atlas Lions 🦁

Brazil is Brazil. Class is class. Give them their flowers. A team that has Casemiro and Vinicius Jnr should be formidable enough.

All these teams I listed above will beat the Eagles effortlessly. Let's ask Jão Felix, (a Portugese squad without Ronaldo, same team the Moroccans also played in a competitive match and won, with Ronaldo later coming off the bench o 😂

To me, I don't see what Neymar would have done differently to change the result of the game walahi. Class is class 😎

That's fine. I wasn't expecting to change anyone's mind but I said my mind.

A team that could not beat Croatia with Neymar should stand no chance vs Morocco without him. I am not putting Morocco down I'm just stating facts.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14371) (14372) (14373) (14374) (14375) (14376) (14377) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princezibk, elyte89, Lyster360, superbloke(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.