Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698495 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15525) (15526) (15527) (15528) (15529) (15530) (15531) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 8:53am On Jan 21
Joebie:
Well yes. Makes us better prepared psychologically, for the next round.
oga u don dey change mouth na? Na una say we no go pass first round. Wetin happen ?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:11am On Jan 21
akwesenana:
šŸšØ šš‘š„š€šŠšˆšš†: Udinese-AC Milan game has been suspended for 10 minutes due to racist chants from Udinese fans towards Mike Maignan.

Maignan told the referee firstā€¦ and then he decided to leave the pitch together with some of his teammates.

French goalkeeper then returned and game restarts.

What a shame to see this in 2024ā€¦
Weā€™re with you, @magicmikemaignan ā¤ļøāœŠšŸ¾

Thx
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:12am On Jan 21
Truidstarr:
oga u don dey change mouth na? Na una say we no go pass first round. Wetin happen ?
. I follow talk am. And that would have been the case if Uzoho was the number 1. The facts speak for itself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:20am On Jan 21
But come to think of it. Has our GK really been tested?? I don't think I have seen the real tourney test. I wasn't actually impressed with the way he handled that Fofana shot. I cannot say that he is the undisputed No1 yet. Time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:24am On Jan 21
comodo:
But come to think of it. Has our GK really been tested?? I don't think I have seen the real tourney test. I wasn't actually impressed with the way he handled that Fofana shot. I cannot say that he is the undisputed No1 yet. Time will tell.
go test am

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:41am On Jan 21
charlesemeka85:
go test am
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:01am On Jan 21
Who else saw Andre Onana ran all the way from post to give advise to Nkoudou who wanted to a take a free kick.

That guy is something else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:05am On Jan 21
comodo:

bros if back to back shots come at him and our defense lazy about he will surely concedeā€¦i believe he was been testedā€¦he doesnā€™t need to be facing back to back ferocious tests, trust me he will concede goalsā€¦A certain Enyeama was being tested back to back in 2014 WC against argentina, he was pulling mad mad saves upon saves but 3goals still enter him net. Even in the round 16, he was making spectacular saves but 2goals enter him netā€¦all these goals are mostly due to defensive blunderā€¦we just need our defend to be alert to shield him..as for against CIV he was testedā€¦
-long range curler/shot was fired at him(he parried it away)
-close range one on one break out(he quickly covered his territory,spread his arms and made a block)
- a through-pass break out from the opponent midfield to striker, he came out quickly to intercept and clear the ball.
Nwabali is trying in my opinion

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:46am On Jan 21
Cecco90:
Please, where can I rewatch our match with Cote d'Ivoire?
Go youtube na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 10:48am On Jan 21
MetalJigsaw:
Go youtube na
You have any YouTube link? Very hard to watch tournaments on YouTube these days. You only find video games or commentaries without videos. When you find a live game, it's quickly taken down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:51am On Jan 21
comodo:

So u were expecting him to stop dt ferocious shot wout tilting d ball away with his hands? Na wa o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:02am On Jan 21
I feel a better test is keeping a clean sheet against CIV of all people. He would be much more confident to face anything with another clean sheet loading tomorrow, hopefully.

Same with Osimhen, just one more goal will open the floodgates.

I hope Lukman score tomorrow, then he will pop. We will see him like never before.

I discovered something recently, and it's funny cus he is not in my favorite players. But I feel much much better when iheanacho is in the team.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:53am On Jan 21
minfelix:

bros if back to back shots come at him and our defense lazy about he will surely concedeā€¦i believe he was been testedā€¦he doesnā€™t need to be facing back to back ferocious tests, trust me he will concede goalsā€¦A certain Enyeama was being tested back to back in 2014 WC against argentina, he was pulling mad mad saves upon saves but 3goals still enter him net. Even in the round 16, he was making spectacular saves but 2goals enter him netā€¦all these goals are mostly due to defensive blunderā€¦we just need our defend to be alert to shield him..as for against CIV he was testedā€¦
-long range curler/shot was fired at him(he parried it away)
-close range one on one break out(he quickly covered his territory,spread his arms and made a block)
- a through-pass break out from the opponent midfield to striker, he came out quickly to intercept and clear the ball.
Nwabali is trying in my opinion
All that I can say of Nwabali is that I like his character. Watched an interview where he said that he was not satisfied with his performance against CIV and I'm presently watching an interview in the clip with link supplied where one can see his determination. I like him. I hope he proves his mettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeicklLu7iU?si=F1RLu7dSyR4R_CB6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 11:58am On Jan 21
BascoVanVeli:

Haba. That is too much. A fine would have been ok
he was screaming it in live press conference cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 11:58am On Jan 21
comodo:
you don start grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21
charlesemeka85:
go test am
grin Best response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21
Bony remain where u Dey abeg šŸ˜”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OgunyemiJohn(m): 12:10pm On Jan 21
mostob:
Abeg who dey use Smartcash PSB? The app is not working from my side here and I'm unable to sub. And data dey cheap on that app.

Similar experience here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:19pm On Jan 21
ChrisKels:

After the AfCon I would want the goalkeeping list to look like this;

Nwabali

Okoye

Uzoho / Okonkwo Arthur
If he no wan come, una go force am to play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21
OgunyemiJohn:

Similar experience here
It is going now bro... I have linked my NIN and even bought data. My Afcon is back on track! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21
charlesemeka85:
on the flanks tella is better but as SS/AM/CF iheanacho is better

You know that Tells plays AM as well and also as an inverted wingers, shoots with ease both feet šŸ¾ from distance.

Tella's 17 goals in the Championship for Burnley compared to KC struggling to score 5 in the Championship says it's not proven fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23pm On Jan 21
Stanley Nwabali interviewed by Osasu Obayiuwana

https:///osasuo/status/1748681773439987786?s=46
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21
komekn:

You know that Tells plays AM as well and also as an inverted wingers, shoots with ease both feet šŸ¾ from distance.

Tella's 17 goals in the Championship for Burnley compared to KC struggling to score 5 in the Championship says it's not proven fact.
deal with the stats but I prefer iheanacho as SS/AM/CF than Tella

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21
Mujtahida:

All that I can say of Nwabali is that I like his character. Watched an interview where he said that he was not satisfied with his performance against CIV and I'm presently watching an interview in the clip with link supplied where one can see his determination. I like him. I hope he proves his mettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeicklLu7iU?si=F1RLu7dSyR4R_CB6

yess i saw this on facebook aswellā€¦i like his calmness

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21
ThunderFireAgba:

If he no wan come, una go force am to play?
the way una dey talk sometimes baffles me. Which one be he no wan come? And if he decides to be away from the national team for a certain period in other to get his confidence back as well as work hard to earn a starters shirt in his club whats wrong with that?

Or are u blind to see that his decision is already working out for him by becoming udineseā€™s first choice recently?

Uzoho that hv committed worst blunder in the national team donā€™t even hv the balls to make such decision so Mk una free Okoye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21
superbloke:

Yea, he either is really terrible that he can't even get substitute appearance or he's not ambitious. At least that is what you'd say about our own players. Why hasn't any other big team come for him. He's basically useless for City anyway, and they wouldn't stop him. Liverpool were looking for a DM for a long time and even went to acquire another bench warmer in Bayern. The bayern have been looking for a DM for the longest time, de no see am as option...the best DM England has after Rice. Hey...I'm just using your usual logic.

It's good to establish the facts and the framework for any potential transfer. Then your make an informed decision.

With regards to the bold, tell me just one of any of our players that can get into Manchester city right now ā‰ļø

It's almost an honour of achievement to get on to the bench of city ,that's how hard it is to get there.

Tell me any of our players that's playing for Real Madrid, City , Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern, that's sitting on the bench please šŸ„ŗ and I've said he is poor quality,not ambitious, terrible,etc please just one not two .ā‰ļøā‰ļø

Kalvin is on Ā£130k a week and contracted to Manchester city. You think City will sell him to any of their direct rivals both domestic league and Champions, and if they do they will want good money šŸ¤‘.ā‰ļøā‰ļøā‰ļø
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Jan 21
charlesemeka85:
deal with the stats but I prefer iheanacho as SS/AM/CF than Tella

By sentiment or by factsā“
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 12:47pm On Jan 21
Half truth is worse than a lie.

So many analysis we see daily on this thread,are half truths.

If you can't say it as it is, keep shut..

Na for this thread person post formation wey him think say no work against Ghana in the world cup Qualifications second leg, Quickly Eguaveon change formation deploying same players he saw on this threads without even involving his lieutenants and we all saw how it panned out.

If you dey analyze,make you know say people wey you no expect dey read and also follow you comment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21
komekn:

Big time

I called a friend from Cote De Voire and he explained there were cultural differences which Zaha had not tuned into.

He didn't understand why they had to share rooms, he did not like sharing room with guys openly practicing JuJu, some of the food was not up to scratch.

In Africa even when officials are taking your bonuses you keep QUITE when things are going wrong you keep QUITE, when you get grief from government officials you keep QUITE.

Unfortunately Zaha is vocal and doesn't understand those cultural dynamics.

You can say I'm talking rubbish but you will not hear this in the media.
Share link to interview
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21
Daninya33:
Half truth is worse than a lie.

So many analysis we see daily on this thread,are half truths.

If you can't say it as it is, keep shut..

Na for this thread person post formation wey him think say no work against Ghana in the world cup Qualifications second leg, Quickly Eguaveon change formation deploying same players he saw on this threads without even involving his lieutenants and we all saw how it panned out.

If you dey analyze,make you know say people wey you no expect dey read and also follow you comment.

Lack of Tactical depth wasnā€™t the reason we lost to Ghana
Sometimes personnel errors can affect the entire team
I believe the error at the Afcon 2022 wasnā€™t corrected
Similar type of goal scored due to defensive & goalkeeping errors
Our opponents took shots from the right side of our defense after taking it to the corner flag.
Maybe the EQG goal is similar.
Donā€™t know why people were bashing Austin Eguavoen
Sometimes football doesnā€™t go your way
We must prevent shots to the goalie anywhere just outside & around the box
At least we have a new goalie now.
I hope Eagles prevent shots coming in especially after been diverted to one side of the defence
Cape Verde have been shooting & scoring wonderful goals from these positions lately

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21
Barryseal:
. I follow talk am. And that would have been the case if Uzoho was the number 1. The facts speak for itself.

All these ones na still assumptions. Uzoho could have been there and we could be on 6 points as well. Mine too is another assumption. So let's stop all this capping.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:48pm On Jan 21
yinkeys:

Lack of Tactical depth wasnā€™t the reason we lost to Ghana
Sometimes personnel errors can affect the entire team
I believe the error at the Afcon 2022 wasnā€™t corrected
Similar type of goal scored due to defensive & goalkeeping errors
Our opponents took shots from the right side of our defense after taking it to the corner flag.
Maybe the EQG goal is similar.
Donā€™t know why people were bashing Austin Eguavoen
Sometimes football doesnā€™t go your way
We must prevent shots to the goalie anywhere just outside & around the box
At least we have a new goalie now.
I hope Eagles prevent shots coming in especially after been diverted to one side of the defence
Cape Verde have been shooting & scoring wonderful goals from these positions lately
Uzoho was the reason we didnā€™t qualify for the World Cup. I remember in that game Ghana never had any clear cut chance

(1) (2) (3) ... (15525) (15526) (15527) (15528) (15529) (15530) (15531) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2innocent(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.