Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678822 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:

I see certain statements here and it makes me cringe. They make it look like united are carrying him.
When in actual fact it is far from that.
Its one thing to be patriotic, it's another thing to allow it influence our objectivity.
Rashford deserves every bit of praise he has got so far since he broke out.

If the same Rashford that they are always so eager to belittle were to have Nigerian roots, I'm sure these same set of people would sing his praise to high heavens, non stop.
He would be compared to young Pele and Maradona

I'm not asking anyone to sing his praises here btw, don't get me wrong. You don't owe that to him.
But you need to stop dragging him needlessly with people that honestly are not on his level
if Iheanacho was part British, you think he would not have been wanted by England as well? Hell, they were asking for his call-up just last year, they would have nicked him clean if they could.

We can argue this two ways, but the best way to ensure we don't talk about Rashford is to not drag the discussion like you are doing now.

Rashford is privileged, maybe if he was not, he would not be where he is today. You can shout hard work and 'earning' his spot all you want, but don't expect us to ignore the OBVIOUS English influence to his rise.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2017
We need the best in every role. Caste or no Caste. As long as they are devoted to the green white green flag.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2017
Bla Bla Bla.... Man Utd bullcrap!!

Last time I checked I don't see Rashford in the top 5 even of EPL's deadliest forwards....

But that list has Gabby Jesus topping it now, Followed by Aguero... and guess who comes next? Iheanacho... oya cringe again... cheesy

Rashford better indeed... Hahahahahahahahaha.... what do you expect to hear from EPL core apologists and man Utd faithfuls? The truth? grin grin

bataderemi:

As if the guy just had things handed to him. I wonder how bad it would be if he was white sef.
And the fact is, he's better than Kelechi presently. Playing for Leicester with their rubbish kick and follow doesn't help.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
if Iheanacho was part British, you think he would not have been wanted by England as well? Hell, they were asking for his call-up just last year, they would have nicked him clean if they could.

We can argue this two ways, but the best way to ensure we don't talk about Rashford is to not drag the discussion like you are doing now.

Rashford is privileged, maybe if he was not, he would not be where he is today. You can shout hard work and 'earning' his spot all you want, but don't expect us to ignore the OBVIOUS English influence to his rise.

Do not mind them. The young man is bright and a nice talent but they should cool with the blowing of trumpets. I do not even rate him over a young Zaha. Yet see how Zaha was treated. Let another white kid come and run that left flank riot. You will see them forget him. Keep in mind, Jordan Sancho is coming for that left forward role.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2017
junnyjake:

Sentiments aside!!!

Rashford is not rated higher than Tammy because he's fully English.

Rashford performs relatively well for one of the best teams in the world and the best team in England. I don't see any reasonable coach choosing Tammy over Rashford.

He's also not disappointed with what we've seen so far with the National Team.

Only when Tammy cuts it with Chelsea would he be rated higher (Which I doubt he would )

Above all, he should make a decision that's best for his career.

If Tega was in United he has would be playing in the first team and dubbed by Mourinho as the new Drogba.

Chelsea has different politics. Tell me one young player from the Chelsea academy that has broken into the first team as regular in the last 5 years.

Meanwhile Chelsea youth team are winning everything in England and have been for the past 5 years. In reality if Raheem, Rashford and KC were in Chelsea they would not be in the first team. So let's put things in perspective.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2017
Ignore the wailers.... Man Utd and EPL fan boys cringing at the truth of the hypes Rashford rides on as being fully English and playing for England's most beloved club backed and spoken of in glowing terms by a strong section of the Well Oiled hype machine of the English mainstream media. Looollll..... we were even making a point on Tammy... and they walk in here to discuss Rashford... who are they to determine how a discussion should go? Dem dey here from the onset of the discussion? Nonsense. cheesy

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Lol... Market value too will increase of he opt for England
who marker value epp?

Some people are more interested in glory than money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Bla Bla Bla.... Man Utd bullcrap!!

Last time I checked I don't see Rashford in the top 5 even of EPL's deadliest forwards....

But that list has Gabby Jesus topping it now, Followed by Aguero... and guess who comes next? Iheanacho... oya cringe again... cheesy

Rashford better indeed... Hahahahahahahahaha.... what do you expect to hear from EPL core apologists and man Utd faithfuls? The truth? grin grin

Lol, not everything is 'us' and 'them'. You can like more than one person at a time.
But that's by the way. By your logic (or lack of it), Kelechi should be starting ahead of Vardy since he is 'deadlier'. But then, it's obviously just stat-padding considering the fact that Pep sold him at a time when he was the 'deadliest' striker, ahead of both Jesus and Aguero.
More hilarious, you people were so anti-Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Rashford came into the mix after the commentator in the last Manchester United game said Rashford is the future number nine of England. Shocking when Tammy is there. I expected Rashford on the left and Tammy nine (if he opts for England). Rashford is a brilliant talent but in the nine role, I feel Tammy has more to offer.

However, that statement from the commentator sent warning bells that Tammy might not be in the picture Of England as some thinks. That is what dragged Rashford into the picture.

Gerrit?
Rashford actually plays much better as a number 9.
It is to the young man's credit that he still has prominent roles in both his national team and club sides despite having more established players ahead of him in his preferred position.
Tammy Abraham is a footballer I really like and I hope we snap him up, but I still do not agree that Tammy has more to offer as a number 9.

Your people don dey chase me out of here already so this is the last I will say on the issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

You can see his father has alot of influence on him...just like iwobi and Aina.... Their father follow them Up and down

Thier friends and social circles is 100% Naija and African that's a huge pull of influence. Like I said these boys will dance Shoki more than you. Irrespective of the fact you grow for Naija.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Do not mind them. The young man is bright and a nice talent but they should cool with the blowing of trumpets. I do not even rate him over a young Zaha. Yet see how Zaha was treated. Let another white kid come and run that left flank riot. You will see them forget him. Keep in mind, Jordan Sancho is coming for that left forward role.
You people form an opinion, irrespective of what you actually read, and go with it.
No one is blowing trumpet. Just stop disrespecting the guy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:14am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
We need the best in every role. Caste or no Caste. As long as they are devoted to the green white green flag.
yet your people cannot understand when England wants to do same.
Expecting them to leave Tammy because they already have xyz. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Lol, not everything is 'us' and 'them'. You can like more than one person at a time.
But that's by the way. By your logic (or lack of it), Kelechi should be starting ahead of Vardy since he is 'deadlier'. But then, it's obviously just stat-padding considering the fact that Pep sold him at a time when he was the 'deadliest' striker, ahead of both Jesus and Aguero.
it's impossible to have a decent argument with that guy.
Way too emotional

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
It is to the young man's credit that he still has prominent roles in both his national team and club sides despite having more established players ahead of him in his preferred position.
Tammy Abraham is a footballer I really like and I hope we snap him up, but I still do not agree that Tammy has more to offer as a number 9.

Your people don dey chase me out of here already so this is the last I will say on the issue.
Ordinary discussion, they gang up and do 'us vs them'. Reason I usually stick to reading.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:

No stress. If you/your people see Rashford as the future 9, with Kane also in the picture, then Tammy needs to rethink where his loyalty lies although I feel the nine role in Nigeria is going to get fierce with the likes of Nacho, Osimhen, Success (who I expect to get his groove back), Onyekuru and others fighting for the role. I do not see the nine role in the near future of the Super Eagles a walk in the park.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:17am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Ordinary discussion, they gang up and do 'us vs them'. Reason I usually stick to reading.
I couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

As if the guy just had things handed to him. I wonder how bad it would be if he was white sef.
And the fact is, he's better than Kelechi presently. Playing for Leicester with their rubbish kick and follow doesn't help.
anyone who thinks Rashford did not have things handed to him must be a United fan

Look at how you are insulting your country man's team just to praise your club player.....Leicester is playing kick and follow, is it Kelechi's fault? Why don't you put your darling Rashford in that kick and follow football set up and let's see how awesome he is,it is people like you that make me dislike that boy so much....better than Kelechi indeed

This your comment is sickening, if I were a mod, I would ban you for it angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

You people form an opinion, irrespective of what you actually read, and go with it.
No one is blowing trumpet. Just stop disrespecting the guy.

Trumpets on Rashford is blown loud and clear. I hear it from Nigeria. He is good but they should cool their temperature. Rashford has not even performed as a young Sterling at Liverpool. Haba. They should chill and encourage the young man to keep working hard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2017
Abeg Man United fans should do and leave this thread.... You cannot be claiming objectivity when you are a fan of a team.

That is why GoodJoe's arguments on Manchester City last season were mostly trashed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

No stress. If you/your people see Rashford as the future 9, with Kane also in the picture, then Tammy needs to rethink where his loyalty lies although I feel the nine role in Nigeria is going to get fierce with the likes of Nacho, Osimhen, Success (who I expect to get his groove back), Onyekuru and others fighting for the role. I do not see the nine role in the near future of the Super Eagles a walk in the park.
grin
I'm not an English man

But then again, this was just one commentator in just one match.
Don't you think you might be taking the comment way too seriously.
How exactly are you sure Tammy hasn't had the same tag by one commentator or another in recent times?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2017
By your own logic or deepest lack of it... cheesy Rashford is the next best thing since Shearer... loooollll

You walk in here and blab rubbish about Talking down Rashford when what we say is true about the hypes. If you are in denial of the hypes and The English media hyperbole on Man Utd and Rashford, then my good man, you are living on planet Z.... Hahahahahahahahaha....

And yes... cringe buddy... Kelechi is the EPL'S third deadliest forward based on goals per mins ratio. Let him start having his run and see if he won't form a fine partnership with Vardy up-top... or you don't know they play 4-4-2? So who says anything about Kelechi starting ahead of Vardy? Hahahahahahahahaha.... This guy just bringing in illogical ramblings. Looolll

Run along to the European section biko... we get better talks to engage in about Nigerian football. Thank you smiley

bataderemi:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:
anyone who thinks Rashford did not have things handed to him must be a United fan

Look at how you are insulting your country man's team just to praise your club player.....Leicester is playing kick and follow, is it Kelechi's fault? Why don't you put your darling Rashford in that kick and follow football set up and let's see how awesome he is,it is people like you that make me dislike that boy so much....better than Kelechi indeed

another impossible person to have a simple discussion with when you are not on the same side.

Enjoy your thread madame.

We are sorry for coming here to disturb

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
yet your people cannot understand when England wants to do same.
Expecting them to leave Tammy because they already have xyz. Lol

It depends on Tammy Abraham. If England wants to cap him and treat him like Agbonlahor, then that is sad. If they have him in mind as a key future of England, no problem with that. If Tammy prefers England and they want to cap him, he can go.

I want what is best for the guy and history shows he will get more respect, love and international success, flying the Nigerian flag. I hope his heart lies with us and we get him. If his heart is not with us, we do not need him.

Gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2017
safarigirl:

Aunty, calm. Where did I say it's Kelechi's fault? It's their style, obviously not his fault. My country man's team? Really? Are the two clubs not English, what level is sentimental is this... God. Rashford will play kick and follow cos he runs. Kelechi will play better under Pep cos his game is better when his team can have the ball and pass around.
Rashford has things handed to him, wow. A win for black people then.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It depends on Tammy Abraham. If England wants to cap him and treat him like Agbonlahor, then that is sad. If they have him in mind as a key future of England, no problem with that. If Tammy prefers England and they want to cap him, he can go.

I want what is best for the guy and history shows he will get more respect, love and international success, flying the Nigerian flag. I hope his heart lies with us and we get him. If his heart is not with us, we do not need him.

Gerrit?
I can't disagree with this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2017
PietroRico:
grin
I'm not an English man

But then again, this was just one commentator in just one match.
Don't you think you might be taking the comment way too seriously.
How exactly are you sure Tammy hasn't had the same tag by one commentator or another in recent times?

Commentators are wide read and a good opinion poll of the general thinking of most footy fans. Not all think that way but a great majority do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Aunty, calm. Where did I say it's Kelechi's fault? It's their style, obviously not his fault. My country man's team? Really? Are the two clubs not English, what level is sentimental is this... God. Rashford will play kick and follow cos he runs. Kelechi will play better under Pep cos his game is better when his team can have the ball and pass around.
Rashford has things handed to him, wow. A win for black people then.

Gray runs with the ball too but he is more lost than Iheanacho in the system.

Gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Tammy Abraham, solanke, Iheanacho are better than that overhyped kid from Manchester anyways, what the hell was I thinking.
Abeg make una no vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Trumpets on Rashford is blown loud and clear. I hear it from Nigeria. He is good but they should cool their temperature. Rashford has not even performed as a young Sterling at Liverpool. Haba. They should chill and encourage the young man to keep working hard.
Good you said 'they'. I haven't said anything to suggest he's exceptional. He probably won't even win the Golden boy award, so...
I see the problem you all generally think anyone who thinks Rashford is a decent player also thinks he's the world's brightest talent. Like I said, forming opinions and going with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Gray runs with the ball too but he is more lost than Iheanacho in the system.

Gerrit?
So Gray is as good as Rashford, ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 22, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
By your own logic or deepest lack of it... cheesy Rashford is the next best thing since Shearer... loooollll

You walk in here and blab rubbish about Talking down Rashford when what we say is true about the hypes. If you are in denial of the hypes and The English media hyperbole on Man Utd and Rashford, then my good man, you are living on planet Z.... Hahahahahahahahaha....

And yes... cringe buddy... Kelechi is the EPL'S third deadliest forward based on goals per mins ratio. Let him start having his run and see if he won't form a fine partnership with Vardy up-top... or you don't know they play 4-4-2? So who says anything about Kelechi starting ahead of Vardy? Hahahahahahahahaha.... This guy just bringing in illogical ramblings. Looolll

Run along to the European section biko... we get better talks to engage in about Nigerian football. Thank you smiley

I doubt you understand how discussions work. So, bye bye.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2017
bataderemi:

Good you said 'they'. I haven't said to suggest he's exceptional. He probably won't even the Golden boy award, so...
I see the problem you all generally think anyone who thinks Rashford is a decent player also thinks he's the world's brightest talent. Like I said, forming opinions and going with it.

They meaning those blowing his trumpet. Ritchie so absolutely brilliant but I do not hear future forward or what a great player, despite his consistent brilliant performances. The Trumpets blown for Rashford is not a decent player trumpet. It is more like a Shearer trumpet. When realistically, he has not yet shown so much unbelievable performance on the pitch.

You need to watch a young Ashley Young to get my drift.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.