Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11650711 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16094) (16095) (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) (16100) ... (16146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19
Honestly, I don't understand why but I can guess. Soon enough we will get to know some of the names of the lads in camp and the academies they were drawn from.

semid4lyfe:

Why is the Manu Garba's list of 51 invited players to the Golden Eagles camp shrouded in secrecy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Apr 19
He always does. That is one thing that is never in doubt. He always does. I am only worried about the time constraints he faces. It may hinder proper team chemistry and prevent him seeing enough talents that could make huge difference in the team. But still, time will tell.

mostob:
Hopefully....
And Manu Garba might give us another bunch of talents too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:10pm On Apr 19
I prepped una for the Amuneke announcement. E don happen?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:11pm On Apr 19
Joebie:
I prepped una for the Amuneke announcement. E don happen?

He neva happen bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Let us also warn everyone here not to expect the exact tiki taka/heavy possession plays replica of Pep Guardiola ooo. Amunike is a mix of that and aggressive collective attacking and collective defending approaches.

Amunike is far more direct transitions play coach.

His U-17, U20 and Tanzania stints showed as much. Even some of the games in Zambia when he was technical consultant with Zanaco and went on a very fine run of form, reveals this.

Definitely, we should expect more of Taka than Tiki Taka. I think coaching schools should make theses of prospective coaches public to give us insight into their general ideas of the game.

I am expecting good build up plays but with high tempo. Wing exploits with intensity and ferocity.

Also, compact defense but the defending unit will be fluid. Press high, and if we don't get the ball, fall back with pace. Then press in zonal setups of twos and threes.

Either way, I want to see a quick rise in our possessive play. I want us keeping the ball longer than we used to. That should be paramount.

Either way I love tiki Taka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely, we should expect more of Taka than Tiki Taka. I think coaching schools should make thesis of prospective coaches public to give us insight into their general ideas of the game.

I am expecting good build up plays but with high tempo. Wing exploits with intensity and ferocity.

Also, compact defense but the defending unit will be fluid. Press high, and if we don't get the ball, fall back with pace. Then press in zonal setups of twos and threes.

Either way, I want to see a quick rise in our possessive play. I want us keeping the ball longer than we used to. That should be paramount.

Either way I love tiki Taka.
I've been wanting to ask. What is the difference between tiki and taka?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:31pm On Apr 19
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, I don't understand why but I can guess. Soon enough we will get to know some of the names of the lads in camp and the academies they were drawn from.

I believe the screening and the selection process should be more public. The NFF should see the U17 as a powerful engine of the Super Eagles and stop joking with it. Appoint the coaches early and give them the resources to carry out comprehensive screening and selection.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19
mostob:
I've been wanting to ask. What is the difference between tiki and taka?

Tiki Taka is lots of time spent in build up to create space to attack. While Taka involves short build up play and lots of attacking.

Guardiola - Tiki Taka
Enrique - Taka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:36pm On Apr 19
TheGoodJoe:

Tiki Taka is lots of time spent in build up to create space to attack. While Taka involves short build up play and lots of attacking.

Guardiola - Tiki Taka
Enrique - Taka.

This man ….lol 😅😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🙂😅🤣😂😅😁,d soak up knowledge man 👨

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19
elyte89:

This man ….lol 😅😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🙂😅🤣😂😅😁,d soak up knowledge man 👨

While Haram philosophy is known as running Kata Kiti. 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19
TheGoodJoe:

Guardiola - Tiki Taka
Enrique - Taka.
Ok.. thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19
TheGoodJoe:

While Haram philosophy is known as running Kata Kiti.
More like katikati

grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 7:45pm On Apr 19
elyte89:

Yea just support me 😊

World Cup qualifiers, Nigeria vs South Africa. With Elyte89 as our coach.
Halftime score: Nigeria 0 South Africa 2.

Half time team talks:

Hugo Brooks of South Africa:” Good job lads, We are underdogs today no one expected us to pull a result. It’s a man for man game, remember what we practiced, keep looking for space behind their high line. Keep it tight kat the back. Good job boys keep it up”

Elyte89 of Nigeria: “ Kilonshele? Kilonshele? Kilomshele? Kilonshele?”

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:04pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

I just rewatched that video now and I can see dissatisfaction from Amuneke, Finidi and some players as soon as he scored.

As soon as he scored and entered the post, Findi, Amuneke and one other player just walked away with little excitement.

Meaning, the thing pain dem die. I can't imagine someone scoring our first goal and you just walked away like that. Who does that?

There was already crack in the team and it was alleged that soon as Amuneke entered the team, he brought bad belle.

It was "Alkeged" which means you are not even sure,
Secondly, You said there was already creak in the team, that means the team was about falling already before Emma came, so how did he brought bad belle in

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:06pm On Apr 19
do4luv14:

It was "Alkeged" which means you are not even sure,
Secondly, You said there was already creak in the team, that means the team was about falling already before Emma came, so how did he brought bad belle in

Na sense person dey talk nowadays else na ogba ewon u go end. Se you grasp? angry grin

As soon as e enter. E clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:17pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

Na sense person dey talk nowadays else na ogba ewon u go end. Se you grasp? angry grin

As soon as e enter. E clear.

Nothing clear here Sir, if He brought bad belle to the Team, what was he still doing there in Atlanta 96 then,

As you must know majority of the 96 Team where in 94 team too, prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

Kkkkkkk. Highest bidder. Me no call name oooo. grin
If they appoint that man ehh I go just switch to under 17 team glad at least NFF got that right and considering the fact that under 17 world cup will run 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029 there will be 5 tournament in a row at Qatar or UAE same with female at Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41pm On Apr 19
Truidstarr:

Half time team talks:

Hugo Brooks of South Africa:” Good job lads, We are underdogs today no one expected us to pull a result. It’s a man for man game, remember what we practiced, keep looking for space behind their high line. Keep it tight kat the back. Good job boys keep it up”

Boniface's reply: Coachie, u wan release track??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:46pm On Apr 19
humility33:

If they appoint that man ehh I go just switch to under 17 team glad at least NFF got that right and considering the fact that under 17 world cup will run 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029 there will be 5 tournament in a row at Qatar or UAE same with female at Morocco

Anyway, let us wait till they make announcement. The guy dey lobby no bi small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

I just rewatched that video now and I can see dissatisfaction from Amuneke, Finidi and some players as soon as he scored.

As soon as he scored and entered the post, Findi, Amuneke and one other player just walked away with little excitement.

Meaning, the thing pain dem die. I can't imagine someone scoring our first goal and you just walked away like that. Who does that?

There was already crack in the team and it was alleged that soon as Amuneke entered the team, he brought bad belle.
how do you people come up with this sort of thing? You made all these conclusion from TV?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AlbertoIancu: 10:01pm On Apr 19
Truidstarr:

Half time team talks:

Please remind me where that Kilonshele thing happened 😂😂. I think it was a boxing coach or something

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

You dey mind am. Even this Air peace boss got involved that one even threatening NFF with law suit should they appoint a foreign coach

Imagine the audacity. Na Gusau I blame sha someone like pinnick nor send u he go appoint foreign coach if u like cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:19pm On Apr 19
forgiveness:

Amunike lobby pass all d candidates wey apply so tey dem organize peaceful protest 😀😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:24pm On Apr 19
Truidstarr:

Half time team talks:

Boniface: Our coach don go drink burukutu again. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12pm On Apr 19
Go apply as coach for their country first na.

humility33:

You dey mind am. Even this Air peace boss got involved that one even threatening NFF with law suit should they appoint a foreign coach

Imagine the audacity. Na Gusau I blame sha someone like pinnick nor send u he go appoint foreign coach if u like cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:15pm On Apr 19
If u are coming against a white person in any capacity abroad you have to be twice better to outwit them. You may not even succeed. The question is why?

But some people expect us to favor foreigners in our own country. White people are the king of lobbying. Make una dey play. I maintain any white coach that wants to coach us should be CLEARLY better. No free pass because of skin color.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:30pm On Apr 19
jihday:
how do you people come up with this sort of thing? You made all these conclusion from TV?
Everything they wrote there just reach for person to laugh. Who be Amunike for 94 team?? The man na small boy him be for that team. Team wey Keshi be head of Mafia?? People wey no know the gbas gbos between Keshi & Westerhorf before Chidi Nwanu was drafted into that team?? Pls Amunike no get levels for that team. Na him, Oliseh, Jay,jay dey d same level.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57pm On Apr 19
Manu Garba impressed with Golden Eaglets midfield pre-U17 WAFU B, identifies three positions to fortify

Newly appointed Nigeria U17 coach Manu Garba says he is impressed with the midfielders currently in camp ahead of the 2024 WAFU U-17 Zone B Tournament.

The Golden Eaglets have been drawn in Group B of the tournament, alongside Burkina Faso, Togo and Republic of Benin.

2013 Fifa U17 World Cup-winning manager Garba highlighted that three positions have to be strengthened before the 2024 WAFU U-17 Zone B Tournament, which will hold in Ghana from May 15 to May 28.

Garba emphasized that it would be difficult for fresh players to displace the midfielders who have been performing admirably at the training camp but noted that he is on the lookout for centre-backs, left-backs and strikers to bolster the squad.

"At the moment I have seen a lot of exciting players especially in the midfield and wing midfielders too but the only positions I must have to fortify have to be centre-back, left-back and the attack," Manu Garba said.

"Although some players are trying in those positions, I need stiff competition so that we can get the best out of them.

"For the midfield it will be difficult for any player to displace some of the boys playing in midfield at the moment."

With less than a month before the start of the WAFU U-17 Zone B Tournament, Garba is aware that he does not have a lot of time on his hands to begin scouting for new players to beef up the Golden Eaglets.

The seasoned coach will begin assessing notable players from the NPFL U17 Youth League early next week, with the intention of considering them for the squad if they meet the standard.

"About fortification I need to see players that are better than the ones I have on ground.

"Yesterday we had a meeting with the Technical Committee Department and we have agreed that the players that have been penciled down from the NPFL U17 League should be brought to contest for places in the team.

"From the players coming hopefully on Monday or Tuesday, if they can pass the MRI, it will be good for the country too but they must prove that they are better than the players on ground because the best must also wear the national colours."

The 2024 WAFU U-17 Zone B Tournament serves as qualifiers for the 2025 Africa U17 Cup of Nations.

Source: ANS.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09am On Apr 20
AlbertoIancu:
The way folks here keep repeating "Tiki-taka", I just dey laff.

You can't cook Jollof rice when the ingredients you have are only Egusi, salt and red oil.

Which midfielders in our team are honestly capable of playing Tiki-taka? Didn't you see what happened when Finidi attempted to play Tiki-taka against Mali? Lol. The Malians showed us that our players ain't shît at the passing game.

Tiki-taka needs highly intelligent players, especially midfielders who can use quick body-feints to get past their markers and pick the right passes quickly and super accurately. Only Iwobi comes close to having that skill in the current SE. And that's when he's in-form o.

Moses Simon go just face down carry ball dey run till he bumps into an opponent. Chukwueze go dey dribble opponent dey dribble himself join. Osimhen go just quietly position himself for offside dey wait.

Na these players you wan take play Tiki-taka? I laugh.

This is where footballing education comes in and why we must start from somewhere.

Mali did not get to their position in a day and it comes from continuous work.

First is to have a sound philosophy and build on it. The manager will need to give the players orientation and keep educating them. Also, we will need to improve our scouting network and find players to suit the philosophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:12am On Apr 20
AlbertoIancu:
The way folks here keep repeating "Tiki-taka", I just dey laff.

You can't cook Jollof rice when the ingredients you have are only Egusi, salt and red oil.

Which midfielders in our team are honestly capable of playing Tiki-taka? Didn't you see what happened when Finidi attempted to play Tiki-taka against Mali? Lol. The Malians showed us that our players ain't shît at the passing game.

Tiki-taka needs highly intelligent players, especially midfielders who can use quick body-feints to get past their markers and pick the right passes quickly and super accurately. Only Iwobi comes close to having that skill in the current SE. And that's when he's in-form o.

Moses Simon go just face down carry ball dey run till he bumps into an opponent. Chukwueze go dey dribble opponent dey dribble himself join. Osimhen go just quietly position himself for offside dey wait.

Na these players you wan take play Tiki-taka? I laugh.

In Manchester City's second leg against Real Madrid, Manuel Akanji was the one who paired with Rodri to form a double pivot. Most times floating far towards the forward area of the pitch. Before joining City, he did not play that way but with continuous education and training, he has become exceptional at it. Let alone grooming natural midfielders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 12:13am On Apr 20
mostob:

Boniface: Our coach don go drink burukutu again. grin grin grin
😂😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16094) (16095) (16096) (16097) (16098) (16099) (16100) ... (16146) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.