Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11661610 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16100) (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) (16106) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:24pm On Apr 20
Kog45:
The only player Yekini had real language understanding with is Amokachi and it’s Hausa language.

Yekini speak Hausa better than Yoruba,cuz of it he was more closer to Amokachi,so Amokachie was not beefing Yekini then but I can say Siasia fall out with Yekini after Cote d’voire match cus Yekini took it personal.

Siasia lost his position to Amokachie due to that missed,not due to his overall performance.Keshi was like no it happened in football and why Siasia should be turned to villain.After this the team camp broke into groups and Westerhoff saw it and called a meeting that no Siasia I did it for football reasoning.

Tactically Okocha was sacrificed for Siasia during US94 but things went soar before Italy match,Siasia had training bust up with Oliseh which made Westerhof to axed him from starting line up,some players are not happy with that decision.

Nigeria missing 96 Afcon,saw another strong group of players emerging from Atlanta 96 and did all they could do to block US 94 players from forming new nucleus of eagles.Checking out 98 WC team,injuries and poor friendlies matches brought Rufai,Yekini,Eguavoen,Okafor and Iroha back.

If you check it out Amokachi stabbed Keshi at the back during Afcon 2013 and stabbed Siasia on under 23 job….Oliseh love criticizing Keshi and Siasia at any given moment.This is to tell you the beefing in eagles.

I just hope they all support Amunike this time around
Na all this drama no allow my mind sweet for local coach.

These explayers are too corrosive abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:47pm On Apr 20
humility33:

So you want fairness and transparent process?

The thing about you and komekn is double standard. You will say one thing and on the other post you'll want another thing

Based on fairness and transparent process do you think your Amunike deserve super eagles job from the resume of coaches that applied?

U never for once canvass for the best and most qualified amongst the lot to be picked
This has been my argument! Once the name is Garba/Abdul... etc., he is not qualified. Mind you, their Amuneke was an understudy to this same man oo but that doesn't stop people like him from discrediting Manu!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 7:48pm On Apr 20
humility33:

The worst thing is that they see the super eagles coaching job as their birth right
Bunch of average coaches. Their mates are chairing FAs and regional football body here they're are recycling themselves with super eagles job.
None of them dare contest for NFF president

I am sick and tired of them. Give one of them the job now and watch the others beef
That 94 set walahi has outlived their useless

Funny enough majority of them didnt have even 50 caps with the team. Super eagles is for us all. I wish the new coach best of luck.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:11pm On Apr 20
Gabby Osho wanted by Tottenham, Aston Villa and Fulham?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:22pm On Apr 20
Whenever you see the NFF Tech committee in slow mo to appoint a coach, just know that they want that coach to fail. They will end up appointing d said coach few weeks to a crucial game. Most times, the indigenous coaches suffers such. So we all should wait for it. Another indigenous coach is coming for SE. Those idiats will rather sacrifice our world cup than see a home grown coach succeed. So guys all the best of luck to who will get the mantle. Also best of luck to Manu Garba. It no go easy for them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:43pm On Apr 20
Most of the under 15 will make the team. You can take players who would turn 16/17 this year to the tourney, when most might be over-aged before the world cup. That will be counter productive.
Amedino99:
it was a week long competition and it was for our u15. If they went for the tournament they would have been back and it would have been good preparation for the WAFU B and besides Manu's work does not extend to the u15 as they have a separate coach named Patrick bassey. So it's either the NFF or the Spanish embassy are lying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57pm On Apr 20
Stanley Nwabali with another cleansheet and top class performance for Chippa Utd away at Supersports Utd in the SA PSL.

His side won 2-0 and Nwabali dropped this.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20
Marjoribanks:
Most of the under 15 will make the team. You can take players who would turn 16/17 this year to the tourney, when most might be over-aged before the world cup. That will be counter productive.
my own point is that they could have gone and come back and still make the u17 team without fatigue. The excuse that they were advised to stay back doesn't really hold.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:23pm On Apr 20
TheSuperNerd:
Stanley Nwabali with another cleansheet and top class performance for Chippa Utd away at Supersports Utd in the SA PSL.

The dude has been doing more than this before AFCON. But all eyes were in Europe. Many were clamouring even for academy GK. Thank you Bobo for not disappointing. Maybe another star GK dey NPFL only if they can give them the chance to shine

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 20
Marjoribanks:
This has been my argument! Once the name is Garba/Abdul... etc., he is not qualified. Mind you, their Amuneke was an understudy to this same man oo but that doesn't stop people like him from discrediting Manu!

Stop spreading falsehood. The criticism has nothing to do with tribe but approach. You have not supported Manu Garba more than many here. Are you okay with the NFF picking a team for Manu Garba? Is that how he worked to pick Iheanacho and co.?

One of my best coaches in the history of Nigeria is Musa Abdulahi. So stop spreading it. I hate tribalism in football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:58pm On Apr 20
is it true Amunike has been officially announced?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 11:03pm On Apr 20
Goke7:

I think so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:04pm On Apr 20
TheGoodJoe:

S? reading falsehood. The criticism has nothing to do with tribe but approach. You have not supported Manu Garba more than many here. Are you okay with the NFF picking a team for Manu Garba? Is that how he worked to pick Iheanacho and co.?

One of my best coaches in the history of Nigeria is Musa Abdulahi. So stop spreading it. I hate tribalism in football.
late coach Musa Abdullahi was my coach and neighbour at Sultan Rd.He exposed some of us living in Sultan to early football.Sultan Rd was direct view to Ilorin stadium.Coach Musa was a workaholic and very disciplined man.He led Kwara academy in the 80s to Dana cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gift96: 11:11pm On Apr 20
opes:

Funny enough majority of them didnt have even 50 caps with the team. Super eagles is for us all. I wish the new coach best of luck.

That's it. Super eagles is for all of us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Gift96: 11:12pm On Apr 20
TheSuperNerd:

If he is able to break into the English Premier league of any of the Spanish league, I'm sure he will be an award winning keeper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20
Goke7:

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:01am On Apr 21
Goke7:
not sure. It's expected that amunike will be the one but I've checked all their social media and nothing is there. Even checked the NFF website but the last news there was on the 18th. Even adepoju tobi that usually drops NFF news is silent. It's only a matter of days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:42am On Apr 21
Oga goodjoe please your take on this incident. NB. The ball well out of play but pk nor corner kick was not awarded to Chelsea.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 1:07am On Apr 21
zicky:
Oga goodjoe please your take on this incident. NB. The ball well out of play but pk nor corner kick was not awarded to Chelsea.
The ball touched his body first before touching his hand and the incident wasn't as severed as this pic. I watched it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:10am On Apr 21
TheSuperNerd:

This is huge

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24am On Apr 21
Kog45:
late coach Musa Abdullahi was my coach and neighbour at Sultan Rd.He exposed some of us living in Sultan to early football.Sultan Rd was direct view to Ilorin stadium.Coach Musa was a workaholic and very disciplined man.He led Kwara academy in the 80s to Dana cup.

Wow.

Thanks for the history. Started following him during Coja. Then found out he was part of the Atlanta 96 coaching crew and played a big role in our success. Then it was with the Trinidad and Tobago U17 with Temile, Akpan Bassey, Opabunmi and co. That team got to the finals and lost to Sinama Pongolle's France. Then he coached Coja team to the finals and also coached Dolphins with Kelechi Osunwa as the hit man to a finals too.

In all his years, Musa Abdulahi was a brilliant attacking coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:36am On Apr 21
TheSuperNerd:

Players like Olisah ndah and ibrahim olawoyin might be better than some of these top 5 league players but people will not agree.
The scouting system is not always perfect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 4:56am On Apr 21
Philosopher1979:

Players like Olisah ndah and ibrahim olawoyin might be better than some of these top 5 league players but people will not agree.
The scouting system is not always perfect.

Completely agree

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:31am On Apr 21
Goke7:

They dare not 😏😏😏😏😏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:40am On Apr 21
elyte89:

They dare not 😏😏😏😏😏

Seems its true. I also heard from an unreliable source that NFF might consider you as the uner 8 coach, first of its kind.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On Apr 21
Biffo is Golden Eaglets 1st assistant coach
*Olumide Ajibolade is 2nd assistant coach

Newly appointed coach of NPFL side Sporting Lagos, Abdullahi Biffo, has been named as the first assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets.

The former Katsina United and Kwara United coach is a resident of the United States of America, where he has bagged several coaching badges.

Biffo also applied to be the head coach of the national U17s.

Beyond Limits Football Academy coach Olumide Ajibolade is the Eaglets second assistant coach.

Source: Score Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:42am On Apr 21
Amedino99:
my own point is that they could have gone and come back and still make the u17 team without fatigue. The excuse that they were advised to stay back doesn't really hold.
Allow them to go when the tourney will be starting in less than a month? How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:42am On Apr 21
Sugarboyy:

The ball touched his body first before touching his hand and the incident wasn't as severed as this pic. I watched it
thanks for the explanation, I only watched the highlight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:42am On Apr 21
Garcia beat haney like small pikin

Sorry to derail guys but I didn't see this coming guys

Like bascovanveli thesupernerd. Una see am

As in I couldn't have expected that in a thousand years , garcia would touch hanry

Means we have been overeating devil Haney for a long time

This also means that gervonta is too much for that division and he should move up

Hopefully,that gives haney some humility.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:43am On Apr 21
TheSuperNerd:

Newly appointed coach of NPFL side Sporting Lagos, Abdullahi Biffo, has been named as the first assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets.

The former Katsina United and Kwara United coach is a resident of the United States of America, where he has bagged several coaching badges.

Beyond Limits Football Academy coach Olumide Ajibolade is the Eaglets second assistant coach.

Fantastic appointment!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:45am On Apr 21
TheSuperNerd:

Why putting the two young brightest coaches in under 17 as assistants,why not one in under 20.Well good luck to them as they kick start their national team coaching careers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:58am On Apr 21
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen made it through an open screening. He did not even make the first cut. It was an assistant that intervened and told Amunike to give Osimhen another shot and Amunike watched him closely and saw his quality.

If it is with this bent system, Osimhen won't go near.

Recommendation is not a free pass into a squad. It is to join the screening process among the selected ones.

In this case, even the coach did not select the players. Let us call a spade what it is. This is wrong and terrible. We have suffered recently in the U17 because of stopping the open screening process. It is the key ingredient that makes us stand out.

By the way, this is not about recommendation but a corrupt selection. The NFF should openly defend the selection process or hide their heads in shame.

Finito.
Amuneke did open screening? Lol! I need evidence! It's not an open secret that Nwakali etc were selected based on recommendation and compensation. He only gave tryout to the players recommended to him just like Manu is doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16100) (16101) (16102) (16103) (16104) (16105) (16106) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.