Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669677 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16114) (16115) (16116) (16117) (16118) (16119) (16120) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:26pm On Apr 24
humility33:

The minister that Does nt know anything about football

This Tinubu administration e sure super eagles nor go win anything

The man park dundees put for government

Yesterday minister of education said NO child below 18 years should be admitted into the university.

I weak imagine the deeper Life Girl last year that got the highest in Jamb last year at age 16 been told to wait till 18 to get into the university.

Now we have this one at ministry of sports don't know anything about football.

Ministerial positions shouldn't be used to reward loyal party members

Umahi, Wike, Bosun, Tunji-Ojo, Pate are all dunce? angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:30pm On Apr 24
Marjoribanks:
There are schools in the United states that won't grant you admission if you are not 18 years.
Your child is not allowed to start kindergarten until he/she is 6 years old. There are reasons for this.
That is why it is important to study broadly before attacking govt policies. Those Ministers are some of the most accomplished men in their field. Go and verify!

Also, I believe the Sport Minister has his reason for wanting Paserio back.
Look at the CVs of all those that applied and tell me one that you think is competent than Paserio.
Paserio got us to an AFCON final for the first time in 24 years.
Abeg respect the man!

na play we just dey play with our World Cup ticket, after sacking paseiro na amunike we wan gamble with, what a country of jokers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 10:31pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:
Like I already said. End it there. No way in hell was that our expected tactical lineup at the afcon.

The midfield needs rejuvenation but most of the tools are already there. It is the coaches that just didn't utilise them right.

That team against Guinea was the team which was supposed to start the afcon until the shamble display forced the coach to change a lot of the players in the first afcon match. Similar lineup displayed same shambles against Mali.

Anyways, the team need an improvement in the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 10:34pm On Apr 24
TheGoodJoe:

Alaba was not neglected or overlooked. He wanted to play for the U17 and there is no provision to support logistics for a foreign based player to shuttle in and out of Nigeria in preparation for the competition.

He was neglected. Both for the junior and senior team while Austria snapped him up. He was the talent who got away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24
Ademola Lookman comes off the bench in the 70th minute to score one and assist another for Atalanta to send them into Coppa Italia finals! 🥶

70' L👀kman - Subbed in
90+5' L👀kman - GOAL
90+8' L👀kman - Assist

Certified Baller! ⚽
Man on form!
🔥💥🇳🇬

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:02pm On Apr 24
And Tijani is definitely not the answer at the moment. I commend his fine displays in his last 3 games for Wolfsberger AC and happy with his steady growth so far from that U17 Class of 2019 but that's it for now. So End it.

DOptical:

That team against Guinea was the team which was supposed to start the afcon until the shamble display forced the coach to change a lot of the players in the first afcon match. Similar lineup displayed same shambles against Mali.

Anyways, the team need an improvement in the midfield.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 11:06pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:
And Tijani is definitely not the answer at the moment. End it.

Same Tijani who bossed Inter midfield? You must be crazy. As I said, Tijani is a midfield talent who's defensively astute, agile and technical. What's there not to like? And yes, Nigeria midfield needs a holding midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24
Tijani never bossed Inter's midfield. And the game you refer to was last year in a club friendly. He was decent. He didn't boss the middle game.

And Nigeria has a holding midfielder already. What we lack is a true DLP, a true regista.

Cease this obvious cry of yours. It is more like you promoting a client of yours rather than you truly analysing football.

DOptical:

Same Tijani who bossed Inter midfield? You must be crazy. As I said, Tijani is a midfield talent who's defensively astute, agile and technical. What's there not to like? And yes, Nigeria midfield needs a holding midfielder.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 11:12pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:
Tijani never bossed Inter's midfield. And the game you refer to was last year in a club friendly. He was decent. He didn't boss the middle game.

And Nigeria has a holding midfielder already. What we lack is a true DLP, a true regista.

Cease this obvious cry of yours. It is more like you promoting a client of yours rather than you truly analysing football.

It was this season friendly match.
Tijani bossed that match as a holding midfielder. Similar to how Maino did well in the midfield against Arsenal in the preseason.

You're the one crying against a midfield talent not to be tried in the midfield. You dey craze!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24
DOptical:

It was this season friendly match.
Tijani bossed that match as a holding midfielder. Similar to how Maino bossed the midfield against Arsenal in the preseason.

You're the one crying against a midfield talent not to be tried in the midfield. You dey craze!

Tijani played 45mins of that friendly game from the bench. He bossed nothing. Just a decent game he had.

Also, Tijani has been tried before in our midfield. Right now, he just isn't up to par with the profiles in the team in Same role he plays.

Lastly, The bolded exposes you already. You are just another uncouth pseudo-analyst cum troll agent hiding behind "midfield needs improvement" to promote your client, Samson Tijani. Why add another banana to a better bunch of bananas? Why not bring an apple or pineapple? You just wanna try for the sake of trying with no true tactical reason for it.... except fabricated ones.

Sorry boy....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 11:21pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:

Tijani played 45mins of that friendly game from the bench. He bossed nothing. Just a decent game he had.

Also, Tijani has been tried before in our midfield. Right now, he just isn't up to par with the profiles in the team in Same role he plays.

Lastly, The bolded exposes you already. You are just another pseudo-analyst cum troll agent hiding behind "midfield needs improvement" to promote your client, Samson Tijani. Why add another banana to a better bunch of bananas? Why not bring an apple or pineapple?

Sorry boy....

Tijani only played 1 minute in the closing match around 89 -90 mins or so while he was 17 yrs thus only a fool would say he was tried at all.

And yes, Tijani bossed the midfield in that Inter match in the recent preseason. Same Inter just won the serie a recently.

I repeat you dey craze for crying against a midfield talent not to be tried in the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30pm On Apr 24
More lies from an obvious desperate agent trying so hard to market a player on this thread.

Tijani didn't boss anything vs Inter. 45mins off the bench. Created no chance. Gave no lines breaking pass. Only distinguished himself in duels and was just decent in his ball touches and general passing.

And he has been tried before. He played 5mins plus added time of the game vs Algeria in 2020 under Rohr as an 18 yrs old. ONLY A FOOL WILL LIE HE PLAYED FOR ONE MINUTE AND WAS 17. HE WAS 18 YRS 4 MONTHS OLD, YOU SILLY BOY.

Tijani is below Onyedika and Yusuf in talent and tactical ability for the holding midfield role. There is nothing more to see at the moment. He brings nothing different. This is a lad I watch. So only a stupid fellow will want same of the same tried when it will obviously lead to no different result.

Carry on in your stupidity, desperate agent. You have been exposed. I am done with your lies and desperation to promote a lad under clouds of lies and fake analyses.

DOptical:

Tijani only played 1 minute in the closing match around 89 -90 mins or so while he was 17 yrs thus only a fool would say he was tried at all.

And yes, he bossed that inter match. Same inter recently won the seria.

I repeat you dey craze for crying against a midfield talent not to be tried in the midfield.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:33pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:
First you said he doesn't start. Now it has changed to excel. When I show how he has excelled there, you will ask another silly question.

No need engaging an ignoramus. You don't know anything about the player you wanna engage me on. So my advice... back down.

The way you are quick to insult people here sha

Nor worry body go tell you one day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 11:36pm On Apr 24
TheSuperNerd:
More lies from an obvious desperate agent trying so hard to market a player on this thread.

Tijani didn't boss nothing vs Inter. 45mins off the bench. Created no chance. Gave no lines breaking pass. Only distinguished himself in duels and was just decent in his ball touches and general passing.

And he has been tried before. He played 5mins plus added time of the game vs Algeria in 2020 under Rohr as an 18 yrs old. ONLY A FOOL WILL LIE HE PLAYED FOR ONE MINUTE AND WAS 17. HE WAS 18 YRS 4 MONTHS OLD, YOU SILLY BOY.

Tijani is below Onyedika and Yusuf in talent and tactical ability for the holding midfield role. There is nothing more to see at the moment. He brings nothing different. This is a lad I watch. So only a stupid fellow will want same of the same tried when it will obviously lead to no different result.

Carry on in your stupidity, desperate agent. You have been exposed. I am done with your lies and desperation to promote a lad under clouds of lies and fake analyses.

Go and watch that match before crying like a lunatic. Lol 😂

Meanwhile, a holding midfielder is supposed to be defensively astute at screening the midfield in front of the defence while circulating the ball with good awareness all around. That's Tijani prowess which he showcased in that match and even more. He's agile, technical and defensively astute.

He was top notch against Inter who just won the serie a. Nigeria team midfield needs an improvement, not the shambles against Guinea, Mali, Ivory, SA etc. Only fools would argue otherwise.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24
Shut up Ignoramus. Next time don't quote me saying rubbish misinformation in the name of seeking cheap attention.

Samueltemi337:
The way you are quick to insult people here sha

Nor worry body go tell you one day

Better run back to that beer parlour thread of yours where this moniker below tracked you from into this place. So samueltemi, you have been found out.

1000Capacity:

That's the way he has Beeen trolling people on the beer parlor thread

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24
Honestly, it was a mistake engaging such a dense individual whose sole goal is to cheaply promote one player who cannot walk into our midfield convincingly today. The lad hasn't even walked into RB Salzburg's midfield yet (hopefully he does that next season) and someone feels we have no player of his profile in the Super Eagles. Holding MF profile that is well covered. What a bummer! 🤣🤣

BankyGee:

See how person calm down dey type balderdash with confidence like he was with the coach 😂

When he just said that was the team that was going to play at the AFCON, you for no bother reply again 😂

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24
BankyGee:
Ademola Lookman comes off the bench in the 70th minute to score one and assist another for Atalanta to send them into Coppa Italia finals! 🥶

70' L👀kman - Subbed in
90+5' L👀kman - GOAL
90+8' L👀kman - Assist

Certified Baller! ⚽
Man on form!
🔥💥🇳🇬

Lookman for the Coppa Italia title.

Dude really is who he thinks he is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:03am On Apr 25
TheSuperNerd:
Shut up Ignoramus. Next time don't quote me saying rubbish misinformation in the name of seeking cheap attention.

Better run back to that beer parlour thread of yours where this moniker below tracked you from into this place. So samueltemi, you have been found out.

You are still there blabbing
No problem I will show you that's it not everybody you insult online
You have been doing it
But this will be your last time

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 12:16am On Apr 25
Marjoribanks:
There are schools in the United states that won't grant you admission if you are not 18 years.
Your child is not allowed to start kindergarten until he/she is 6 years old. There are reasons for this.
That is why it is important to study broadly before attacking govt policies. Those Ministers are some of the most accomplished men in their field. Go and verify!

Look at the CVs of all those that applied and tell me one that you think is competent than Paserio.
Paserio got us to an AFCON final for the first time in 24 years. Abeg respect the man!
I won't be surprised if he is one of the obedients. They blame Tinubu for all their problems, while young Nigerians, all over the country who are serious with their lives are making it on daily basis.
Between last month to today, 2 of my friends who aren't upto 30 years have opened their different houses.
Make them they there they blame Tinubu for all their problems.
Imagine him, I won't be surprised if his highest qualification is an OND, calling the minister of Education who is well known and respected all over the world as a renowned academia a dunce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33am On Apr 25
DOptical:

Austrian league isn't an obscure league. That was where David Alaba played in. Another fact is defensive astuteness & technicality is the same everywhere. Either you get it or you don't. Another fact is he's just got there and he's doing quite fine as a holding midfielder despite his young age.

It's considered intelligent to examine the facts and not just pursue an argument based on blinded favouritism and sentiment.

The Austrian league is rated 14 in Europe just behind Denmark it's obscure in comparison to the top leagues in Europe that's a plain fact.

21 is no longer too young in Football ⚽ and he has been there for 4 years that's too long to make a claim for exceptional ability.

I'm sorry the degree of technicality skill application and difficulty is not the same in every league. Your proposition in bold is with respect nonsensical.

David Alaba played 5 games in the Austrian Bundesliga before he was immediately bought by Bayern Munich. You have given credence to my opinion by default.

Tijani has been in the Austrian Bundesliga for 4 seasons that's too long to be discovered if he is any good as you claim.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:36am On Apr 25
Golden Eaglets draw again in test game

The Golden Eaglets had to fight from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Miracle Academy of Abia in a third test game preparatory to the WAFU B U17 AFCON qualifying tournament next month in Ghana.

The match was watched by NFF president Ibrahim Gusau and former African Footballer of Year Victor Ikpeba.

The Eaglets paraded athletic and physically imposing players who in time will play with a lot more cohesion.

The U17s under coach Manu Garba won their first friendly 4-2, before they were held to a 1-1 draw by Ikon Allah Academy of Kaduna.

The U17 AFCON qualifying tournament will kick off May 15.

Source: ScoreNigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:43am On Apr 25
forgiveness:

Umahi, Wike, Bosun, Tunji-Ojo, Pate are all dunce? angry

You should see from my comment that I referred to minister of education and sports

Moreover this men can't be compared to Obasanjo ministerial cabinet

The likes of Frank nweke, El rufai, Cornelius adebayo, eyitayo lambo, Jerry gana, barth nnaji, adamu adamu former minister of agriculture, Ngozi etc or Jonathan's ministers; akinwunmi, omoloba Johnson, barth nnaji, dora Akinyuli, ngozi.

U dey compare politicians may Tinubu park put for government with technocrats in OBJ and GEJ time?

They're using ministerial slot to reward party faithfuls

Even the head of agencies during OBJ time were renowned folks

A first class prof. Of economist as CBN Governor Soludo

Ernest NDUKWE as NCC boss
Ifueko as NIWA boss
Tony iredia as NTA Boss
Ribadu as EFCC Boss
Dora Akinyuli NAFDAC Boss etc

APC Government took governance to the lowest level

Do u know that the current CBN Governor studied public administration for masters level and even first degree is in management studies under Obasanjo government he won't man the CBN

Y

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:48am On Apr 25
chrisooblog:
Obviously you don't know about the player because if you did you would know Tijani had a terrible ACL injury and is just trying to get good form from a run of games.

Oh and he's on loan from RB Salzburg an Austrian team reputable for giving bright new talent like Mane, Haaland, and Minamino their big breakthroughs.

But you wouldn't know that since he wasn't born in the boroughs you say you frequently 'scout'

Why the hostility contentious tone, we deh quarrel ❓

A player has been in Austria for 4 year's and how long does it takes to recover from an ACL rupture including surgery ❓

You did not state when he got injured 🤔

So what was he doing before he got injured and what has he been doing after the injury over 4 seasons.

David Alaba played 5 games not even a quarter of a season before Bayern bought him.

RB Salzburg are renound for giving quality players opportunity to play at very young ages, agreed. So why is Tijani not playing for RB Salzburg❓

You rubbish your own view by yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:51am On Apr 25
Sugarboyy:

I won't be surprised if he is one of the obedients. They blame Tinubu for all their problems, while young Nigerians, all over the country who are serious with their lives are making it on daily basis.
Between last month to today, 2 of my friends who aren't upto 30 years have opened their different houses.
Make them they there they blame Tinubu for all their problems.
Imagine him, I won't be surprised if his highest qualification is an OND, calling the minister of Education who is well known and respected all over the world as a renowned academia a dunce.

You are daft so daft

I wrote all my exams at SSS3 same with some of my friends at UDSS Benin if it was now I am sure we won't have been admitted into UNIBEN

The boy trending recently Femi that got scholarship to study at Harvard and other ivy colleges is just 17 so according to your minister he should wait till he clock 18 to get admission into Nigeria universities?

Even in the US they make rules for exception

You lack sense that's why you think I am in same pathetic level with you.

Your guys less 30 built their houses and you haven't built yours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:52am On Apr 25
Kog45:
Felix Owolabi that belonged to the era of drunker and smokers played the game at 40…Roger Milla played the game at 40.

Wishing Mikel happy birthday is now an issue to you.

My guy where this people deh play at 40, inter Milan ❓

You are making it an issue my comments were concise and specific but you keep going from pillar to post.

The issues is clear should Mikel at age 29 be unable to play top flight football ❓ stop deviating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 12:58am On Apr 25
komekn:

It's considered intelligent to examine the facts and not just pursue an argument based on blinded favouritism and sentiment.

The Austrian league is rated 14 in Europe just behind Denmark it's obscure in comparison to the top leagues in Europe that's a plain fact.

21 is no longer too young in Football ⚽ and he has been there for 4 years that's too long to make a claim for exceptional ability.

I'm sorry the degree of technicality skill application and difficulty is not the same in every league. Your proposition in bold is with respect nonsensical.

David Alaba played 5 games in the Austrian Bundesliga before he was immediately bought by Bayern Munich. You have given credence to my opinion by default.

Tijani has been in the Austrian Bundesliga for 4 seasons that's too long to be discovered if he is any good as you claim.

Only fools would even say Austrian league which has Red bull Salzburg etc is a poor league. Same Austrian league which churned out the likes of Szoboszlai, Halaand, Dayot, Mane etc?

Of course no one is saying the Austri league is a top league like the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A but it's a good league nonetheless. In a good league or even less, I repeat, the defensive astuteness and technicality of a player remain the same irrespective of the league. It's only poor scouts who can't scout well. Take a look at Neymar who left the Brazilian league at the age of 21. He continued to be the same technical player in the top league.

Secondly, it's like it went over your brain since you keep forgetting that Tijani who just got there had injury which disrupted his season at 18. He's doing quite fine at his young age and yes 21 years is a young age. In addition, he recently dominated Inter midfield while playing as a holding midfielder. Same inter who had just recently won the league. Point is he's a midfield talent who's defensively astute, agile and technical.

All in all, anyone crying against a talent to be seen in the national team is a stupid fool!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:58am On Apr 25
Marjoribanks:

Paserio got us to an AFCON final for the first time in 24 years. Abeg respect the man!

Glad you said schools in the US but not a general law in the US that forbids kids from universities until they clock 18..

There should always be exceptions. Last year top 10 kids that got the highest in Jamb in Nigeria about 6 of them were way below 18 so meaning they should wait until they clock 18?

You and I know the minister is not really into sports and his appointment is more of political.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:05am On Apr 25
SHOCKER! Amuneke not listed to be new Super Eagles coach

As incredible as it may sound – SCORENigeria can report today that Emmanuel Amuneke is not being considered for the vacant post of head coach of Super Eagles.

“He’s not one of the three coaches recommended to the NFF executive committee to lead the Super Eagles,” a top official who should know told only SCORENigeria today.

This shocker comes when social media was abuzz with the purported appointment of the former African Footballer of the Year.

Those who have pushed for Amuneke to be appointed as Super Eagles new coach point to him leading the country to win a fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in 2015 and his impressive coaching badges.

He also led Tanzania to the AFCON after a 39-year absence.

While those who oppose his appointment highlight the fact that he assisted Augustine Eguavoen when Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar at the expense of arch-rivals Ghana right there in Abuja.

He also failed to qualify the Flying Eagles to the U20 AFCON and his stints in Zambia, Egypt and Sudan did not have a happy ending.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:35am On Apr 25
We got the news before that 3 foreign coaches were recommended. Na who go pay any of them when emerge be the koko.

TheSuperNerd:
SHOCKER! Amuneke not listed to be new Super Eagles coach

As incredible as it may sound – SCORENigeria can report today that Emmanuel Amuneke is not being considered for the vacant post of head coach of Super Eagles.

“He’s not one of the three coaches recommended to the NFF executive committee to lead the Super Eagles,” a top official who should know told only SCORENigeria today.

This shocker comes when social media was abuzz with the purported appointment of the former African Footballer of the Year.

Those who have pushed for Amuneke to be appointed as Super Eagles new coach point to him leading the country to win a fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in 2015 and his impressive coaching badges.

He also led Tanzania to the AFCON after a 39-year absence.

While those who oppose his appointment highlight the fact that he assisted Augustine Eguavoen when Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar at the expense of arch-rivals Ghana right there in Abuja.

He also failed to qualify the Flying Eagles to the U20 AFCON and his stints in Zambia, Egypt and Sudan did not have a happy ending.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:16am On Apr 25
Yeah, for me, I only figured he wasn't listed when the Tech committee said they recommended only 3 foreign coaches but the confusion was the report of them also settling for a local coach if we cannot afford the foreign coach option. Let them just stay one place.

Honestly, I just want them to be done with this crap show and let us see who emerges coach so I know whether to be hopeful for this generation of our footballers or not.

Joebie:
We got the news before that 3 foreign coaches were recommended. Na who go pay any of them when emerge be the koko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16114) (16115) (16116) (16117) (16118) (16119) (16120) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, humility33(m), enomakos(m), elyte89, Longneck, Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.