Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,680 members, 7,847,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11848053 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16185) (16186) (16187) (16188) (16189) (16190) (16191) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:15pm On May 18
TheGoodJoe:

Debate points. If you disagree with my point state yours. Attacking me is not a point.

My point is simple, Amunike ran a corrupt free camp, that is why a player like Osimhen who was selling pure water at that time, made the cut when there are avenues to cash out with such opportunity.

Saying Osimhen was recommended and other players were recommended does not oppose my point in anyway.

Finito.
Let's talk points. I said you don't have practical knowledge in the matter. Prove me wrong. He mentioned players, not one but at least four that he was part of their making it to our football camp. Please mention one player that you were part of their making it to our football camp. Just one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:18pm On May 18
Marjoribanks:
It is only here someone will tell you DeBryne is better/more effective than the GREATEST FRENCH PLAYER IN HISTORY!
Funny lot!
The truth is that that was a stupid argument. I regret participating in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:28pm On May 18
charlesemeka85:
🇦🇷🗣️ Lionel Scaloni: "We are losing the essence of football. Not only at a professional level, but also with kids."

"My children play in Spain and are overwhelmed with information. They receive the ball, and they're already being told what to do."

"There are fewer dribblers because if they barely get the ball and you say, 'Pass it!'... Imagine if Messi, when he was eight years old, had been constantly told by his coaches to "Pass it!" We wouldn't have him today."

"Football has become such a huge thing, everyone reads, studies, and thinks that with that, they can already manage."

"If you tell a 7 or 8-year-old to make a diagonal run, cover defensively... He's seven years old! Let him play with the ball, make mistakes, and when he's 14 or 15, then we can start correcting."

"It's a message for the future. This is a sport, and the beauty of football should not be lost."
Pass and run. Story of modern football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:34pm On May 18
mostob:
Don Carlo, Tiago and now Scaloni all made similar statement concerning the robotic football we're now watching today. But our gaffer here with UEFA Doctorate degree coach on this thread believes they're all wrong.

Any Arsenal fan here can bear me witness, Odegaard is more delightful to watch when he plays his own game rather than the robotic positioning he is being forced to play. Same thing with Benardo.

The entertainment aspect of the game is being destroyed. It is not even about the dribbling alone. Let players express their natural ability on the pitch.
If tiki taka does not perish, forget it, football will become unrecognizably ugly.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:38pm On May 18
Mujtahida:

If tiki taka does not perish, forget it, football will become unrecognizably ugly.

grin grin
I miss those days. A player will do something magical with the ball and everybody will instantly jumped up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 9:44pm On May 18
Marjoribanks:
A player that consistently miss sitters is not good enough for the Super Eagles!
Dessers is not good enough for us.

Osimhen, Boni, Awo, Moffi, and Kele!

Kele can play few other roles!
You don forget Orban

I rate that guy highly

I think next season will be his season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 9:48pm On May 18
TheGoodJoe:

😂

Better kids learn information that works than running with their thoughts in their heads. Scaloni should tell us if Messi is not one of the best tactical minds in the game. Best the kids become better at what will take them far than wasting their time dribbling.

I don't like to dabble into these lengthy back and forth arguments, but the phrase in bold caught my attention. There is no way in hell that kids learning skills like dribbling and expressing themselves creatively should be termed a "waste of time". I've seen some of your subsequent posts after this, but I'm just going to sum up my response here (and this is all I'll say on this at this time).

Scaloni did not say they should not be given tactical knowledge. All he's saying is don't kill their creative and expressive intuition. They are kids!! Let them learn to express themselves. The tactical part will be there for them to learn when they're a little older. It will not be too late when they're 15 or 16. It's like taking the life out of something and turning it into a boring job to be done.

This whole argument just reminds me of Apple's new iPad ad and the uproar it caused. Please watch the apple ipad ad and then watch Samsung's tab ad in response. Think about it well and see the parallels and how it's a metaphor for this argument. (Obviously I doubt it will do anything to change your views or make you see from a different perspective. I guess it's more for others here to see and think about it as well).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 9:52pm On May 18
TheGoodJoe:

We have to consider time. At the time Messi and Ronaldinho were becoming greatest of all time, football defending and tactical play was behind. Today, many teams will not allow too much hugging of the ball. Especially that of Ronaldinho.

Tactics is the new skill.

I doubt. Today vinicious, mpappe etc still do it. Messi, Ronaldinho would still do it today if they were around.

Dribbling is a skill in football. It's reason Zidane, Ronaldinho are rated over Debrune despite the stats.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:54pm On May 18
You get time oo!
superbloke:

I don't like to dabble into these lengthy back and forth arguments, but the phrase in bold caught my attention. There is no way in hell that kids learning skills like dribbling and expressing themselves creatively should be termed a "waste of time". I've seen some of your subsequent posts after this, but I'm just going to sum up my response here (and this is all I'll say on this at this time).

Scaloni did not say they should not be given tactical knowledge. All he's saying is don't kill their creative and expressive intuition. They are kids!! Let them learn to express themselves. The tactical part will be there for them to learn when they're a little older. It will not be too late when they're 15 or 16. It's like taking the life out of something and turning it into a boring job to be done.

This whole argument just reminds me of Apple's new iPad ad and the uproar it caused. Please watch the apple ipad ad and then watch Samsung's tab ad in response. Think about it well and see the parallels and how it's a metaphor for this argument. (Obviously I doubt it will do anything to change your views or make you see from a different perspective. I guess it's more for others here to see and think about it as well).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23pm On May 18
mank1234:

I doubt. Today vinicious, mpappe etc still do it. Messi, Ronaldinho would still do it today if they were around.

Dribbling is a skill in football. It's reason Zidane, Ronaldinho are rated over Debrune despite the stats.

Yeah, Vinicious, Mbappe and the likes of Bernardo Silva do it, but not in the same magnitude as it was in the past. And, it is less encouraged and frowned at than it was celebrated in the past.

Actually, my theory is that these new guys have it like the guys of old but due to efficient play and tactics, we aee less of the showmanship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:24pm On May 18
mostob:
grin grin
I miss those days. A player will do something magical with the ball and everybody will instantly jumped up.

Especially that sideline Romance with the ball, Kanu used that trick to punish Chelsea and seaman then😁

Scoring from a very tight angle after dribbling to and along the sidelines , it was a beauty to behold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:27pm On May 18
TheGoodJoe:

Yeah, Vinicious, Mbappe and the likes of Bernardo Silva do it, but not in the same magnitude as it was in the past. And, it is less encouraged and frowned at than it was celebrated in the past.

Actually, my theory is that these new guys have it like the guys of old but due to efficient play and tactics, we aee less of the showmanship.

You forget that it's that same showmanship, that makes the game beautiful, and not this robotic modern game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:28pm On May 18
superbloke:

I think there is a rapid rise in tactical play and coaching. I do not think there is that liberty to have kids leaving tactical play to first develop showmanship.

It is the pace of the game. Everyone that wants their team top, want them playing possession football. They can't be developing skills and dribbling art, if they are to master the deep art of possessive play.

"There is no place for poets in modern football,"....Oscar Tabarez
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:31pm On May 18
do4luv14:

You forget that it's that same showmanship, that makes the game beautiful, and not this robotic modern game

That is for you. To me, possession football is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkJht0GxOs

Barcelona Tiki Taka 2009-2015
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33pm On May 18
do4luv14:

Especially that sideline Romance with the ball, Kanu used that trick to punish Chelsea and seaman then😁

Scoring from a very tight angle after dribbling to and along the sidelines , it was a beauty to behold

To the best of my knowledge, it was Ed De Goey keeping for Chelsea in that game. Seaman kept for Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On May 18
Mujtahida:

Let's talk points. I said you don't have practical knowledge in the matter. Prove me wrong. He mentioned players, not one but at least four that he was part of their making it to our football camp. Please mention one player that you were part of their making it to our football camp. Just one.

That is not the point of debate. Be coherent when debating. The point is fair and corrupt free camp. Nothing he stated disagreed with that. And, I let him understand that.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:38pm On May 18
do4luv14:

Especially that sideline Romance with the ball, Kanu used that trick to punish Chelsea and seaman then

You get it... All those adrenaline pumping actions. Especially by teams chasing a game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:42pm On May 18
TheGoodJoe:

To the best of my knowledge, it was Ed De Gory keeping for Chelsea in that game. Seaman kept for Arsenal.

Oh OK thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:45pm On May 18
mostob:
You get it... All those adrenaline pumping actions. Especially by teams chasing a game.

Darma Miracle, Atlanta 96, Liverpool Vs AC Milan, especially that Atlanta and again papilo, tricks and fricks came into action oh lalalaaaa..................

That goal against Almighty samba beating Brazil still dey sweet me till today

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59pm On May 18
Flamingos smash Burkina Faso
This team might be better than the last set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceITcHXucqo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:41pm On May 18
BascoVanVeli:
Flamingos smash Burkina Faso
This team might be better than the last set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceITcHXucqo
Good one,our girls always do us proud

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 11:55pm On May 18
Well, Ese Brume (women’s long jump) just officially qualified for the Olympics, following her 6.87m jump at the ongoing Atlanta City Games..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:39am On May 19
Usyk wins 😎

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 12:56am On May 19
elyte89:
Usyk wins 😎

He was really phenomenal in the rings !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:17am On May 19
I no get ur last paragraph

komekn:

I have been to the club gyms training room and dressing rooms of a duplicity of clubs in England predominantly.

And for the clubs that have a lot of black players it's not rovk music 🎶 they are playing but afrobeat and they can dance every dance trend going.

In addition quite a few can speak 🗣️ Yoruba and Igbo however I shame no Uhrobo/ Isoko 🙊 just Warri pidgin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:21am On May 19
If u want make this thread chop many pages mention Jibola or anything that has to do with pep

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:33am On May 19
Joebie:
If u want make this thread chop many pages mention Jibola or anything that has to do with pep

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:44am On May 19
That is SA’s trademark. They’ve been doing this for long with players that have great understanding among themselves. You wan use tiki taka beat Man City. You are not gonna outplay SA in team cohesion and passing. He will need more time and games to do that. Tactically, it’s possible.

Meliforme:

Finidi has shown glimpses of what he can do. I believe he has the potential to not just outplay the South Africans but also to beat them.

I will know if i am right about Finidi, when i see his invitation of a certain kind of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 2:16am On May 19
mostob:
Don Carlo, Tiago and now Scaloni all made similar statement concerning the robotic football we're now watching today. But our gaffer here with UEFA Doctorate degree coach on this thread believes they're all wrong.

Any Arsenal fan here can bear me witness, Odegaard is more delightful to watch when he plays his own game rather than the robotic positioning he is being forced to play. Same thing with Benardo.

The entertainment aspect of the game is being destroyed. It is not even about the dribbling alone. Let players express their natural ability on the pitch.

We have gone from entertaining energetic football to watching sleep-inducing football.

Stats cover the inefficiency of skills and talent, tap-in merchants are presented to us as great players whereas we were in an era where we watched JJ Okocha perform his magic with the ball, Zizou with a roulette move, Dinho with his great footworks, R9 with pace, elastico and power altogether.

Good old days in football...Nowadays it is run and kick.. Players like Rodri will win Balon d'or in future just because stats say they cover alot of ground.. 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 3:24am On May 19
elyte89:
Usyk wins 😎

Usyk can't be outboxed by anyone!

Fury most likely will go all out for the KO in the rematch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 7:03am On May 19
Fatima Bello is the latest Nigerian table tennis player to book her spot at the Paris Olympics..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:50am On May 19
do4luv14:

Darma Miracle, Atlanta 96, Liverpool Vs AC Milan, especially that Atlanta and again papilo, tricks and fricks came into action oh lalalaaaa..................

That goal against Almighty samba beating Brazil still dey sweet me till today
Thank you for the memories. Nowadays, teams will be trailing by 2 goals with 15 minutes to go only to be passing the ball around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16185) (16186) (16187) (16188) (16189) (16190) (16191) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caicedo, Giv3n, realpoacher(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.