Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,084 members, 7,863,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11949724 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16193) (16194) (16195) (16196) (16197) (16198) (16199) ... (16363) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:39am On May 22
Amedino99:
dyche has never made a public declaration that he wants to sign adebayo, it's basically newspaper 'exclusive' talk and It's funny you used the "widely reported news" angle for adebayo but you called osimhen to psg "counting the eggs before they hatched" and kelechi to Aston villa links " spurious". I know what you are.

One question ❓Has Luis Enrique mentioned VO by name and specifically said he wants to buy VO❓❓

Newspaper exclusive talk according to you , and what does this exclusive talk say please 🥺

Please show by comparison a exclusive newspaper 📰 talk where Luis Enrique says he wants to buy VO.

What does exclusive mean to you , the report is specific and personal not general. Your own information substantiates the position, Sean Dyche specifically wants Elijah Adebayo.

There is a BIG difference between general newspaper 📰 speculation and when you have personal reference to the Manager Sean Dyche and a reference to what he has said specifically.

MAYBE 🤔 it's too much for you to comprehend. Then again your mind is befuddled and blinded with hate , dislike and prejudice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:24am On May 22
komekn:

One question ❓Has Luis Enrique mentioned VO by name and specifically said he wants to buy VO❓❓

Newspaper exclusive talk according to you , and what does this exclusive talk say please 🥺

Please show by comparison a exclusive newspaper 📰 talk where Luis Enrique says he wants to buy VO.

What does exclusive mean to you , the report is specific and personal not general. Your own information substantiates the position, Sean Dyche specifically wants Elijah Adebayo.

There is a BIG difference between general newspaper 📰 speculation and when you have personal reference to the Manager Sean Dyche and a reference to what he has said specifically.

MAYBE 🤔 it's too much for you to comprehend. Then again your mind is befuddled and blinded with hate , dislike and prejudice.
no be small children and illiterates you dey follow talk for here. All these your English no fit cover your yeye talks ajeh.
I never said or claimed Luis Enrique wanted osimhen just like you claimed dyche did publicly which is bogus by the way. I was replying someone talking about a potential psg move for osimhen before you came in and told me to lower expectations meanwhile all You saw was a publication about something dyche may or may not have said to his bosses and you have already given adebayo everton shirt. You have been called out on your hypocrisy and you are drawing parallels and bringing up stuff no one said before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53am On May 22
Amedino99:
no be small children and illiterates you dey follow talk for here. All these your English no fit cover your yeye talks ajeh.
I never said or claimed Luis Enrique wanted osimhen just like you claimed dyche did publicly which is bogus by the way. I was replying someone talking about a potential psg move for osimhen before you came in and told me to lower expectations meanwhile all You saw was a publication about something dyche may or may not have said to his bosses and you have already given adebayo everton shirt. You have been called out on your hypocrisy and you are drawing parallels and bringing up stuff no one said before.

You need to go 🔙 back to school 🏫 or ask for a refund, because simple meaning of hypocrisy and double standard, you don't know.

You took two players and made a comparison and concluded there was hypocrisy and double standard. Implying that the comparison variables were exactly the same.

They are absolutely not 🚫

One has the club manager specifically requesting for Adebayo and another the manager not even the club has specifically mentioned the name VO.

I could add I know personally the Stellar football agency representative in the NW. But then you would not 🚫 believe and say I am posturing and telling LIES.

With respect your sense of deduction makes you seem like an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:08am On May 22
I just watched Finidi on Arise News and he said that only the oldest players in the team (as long as they're available to start a match) will wear the Captain's Arm Band. The question now is where does this leave Ekong? Where does he rank in that hierarchy? With his amazing performance at the AFCON, he deserves to remain our captain. He has earned that right.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13am On May 22
I don show

Make I find arguement wey I go chook mouth 😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:29am On May 22
elyte89:
But dis guy dt plays for ac Milan as a defender…is he still eligible for us?

Cos with this list released by south gate…it is obvious dt he’s not rated at all except if he’s injured

Who’s jarell quansah ahead of tomori ?

Quansah na bang average player ,not better than tomori ,now tomori can’t play for us anymore

Let’s try and get Tosin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:32am On May 22
andrewbaba44:

Quansah na bang average player ,not better than tomori ,now tomori can’t play for us anymore

Let’s try and get Tosin

D message is clear to Tosin …if he likes , let him follow d footsteps of eze and tomori

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:46am On May 22
andrewbaba44:

Let’s try and get Tosin
at this point he should be the one that should be proactive about his national team choice. We cannot be begging you to have a decent international career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:55am On May 22
COOL10:
I just watched Finidi on Arise News and he said that only the oldest players in the team (as long as they're available to start a match) will wear the Captain's Arm Band. The question now is where does this leave Ekong? Where does he rank in that hierarchy? With his amazing performance at the AFCON, he deserves to remain our captain. He has earned that right.
If Ekong is out injured or out of form and can't start a match obviously the arm band goes to the oldest players in the team. That's all he is trying to say.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:07am On May 22
elyte89:

D message is clear to Tosin …if he likes , let him follow d footsteps of eze and tomori

Message is very clear my brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:18am On May 22
Odunayaw:
If Ekong is out injured or out of form and can't start a match obviously the arm band goes to the oldest players in the team. That's all he is trying to say.

Alright, I hope that'll be the case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:22am On May 22
Europa dey use our boys do PR

Our own no dey push PR for Lookman and Boniface

Observation is lately, the PR aspect of Nigerian footballers, male and female this year has been terrible. What's going on really? Like what is the crux for the low pr all rounda? Before Afcon it was just there. Post-Afcon, even worse from the Nigerian sphere itself. It didn't used to be like this before.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:24am On May 22
COOL10:

There were too many shalaye FG ought not to do in that interview. He goofed alot to be frank. Especially on the Salary aspect. He needs to personally do better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:47am On May 22
daveP:

There were too many shalaye FG ought not to do in that interview. He goofed alot to be frank. Especially on the Salary aspect. He needs to personally do better.

Whether he reveals d salary or not..it won’t stop nff from owing him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:06pm On May 22
elyte89:

Whether he reveals d salary or not..it won’t stop nff from owing him
Na this info gaaan suppose no make am talk like say salary no he big deal. It is a big deal. He just gave more ammunition to the incompetent nff guys to justify delaying his monies. Incompetent cos it is foolishness to be owing the number 1 sport job of the entire country. His utterances also made it look like he doesn't know the weight the job carries. We will be here when it causes a ruckus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:34pm On May 22
daveP:

Na this info gaaan suppose no make am talk like say salary no he big deal. It is a big deal. He just gave more ammunition to the incompetent nff guys to justify delaying his monies. Incompetent cos it is foolishness to be owing the number 1 sport job of the entire country. His utterances also made it look like he doesn't know the weight the job carries. We will be here when it causes a ruckus

Even though I av watched a bit of his interview,I perceive finidi as a simple man,and as someone who is doing well financially even b4 coming back to take up the Enyimba role …I might be wrong anyway .he sounds like someone who doesn’t care about d financial aspect of d contract … is he a millionaire?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:35pm On May 22
ChrisKels:

What a sweet take because he was born in England, but below is your response to a similar transfer link concerning a player born in Lagos.

You are such a stinking hypocritical b.s.t

The bros dey drink raw undiluted bitter leaf juice everyday, no cap grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:09pm On May 22
mostob:
Yea...anybody who thinks otherwise is just being emotionally prejudice and bias with a big dosage of grandiose deceptive compassionalismalisticapism[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].

Wetin be this? Pronunciation ooooooo .
My dental set has been destroyed trying to pronounce.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11pm On May 22
elyte89:

Even though I av watched a bit of his interview,I perceive finidi as a simple man,and as someone who is doing well financially even b4 coming back to take up the Enyimba role …I might be wrong anyway .he sounds like someone who doesn’t care about d financial aspect of d contract … is he a millionaire?

More like Billionaire. If Oruma could have over a billion that got duped, think of someone like Finidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:27pm On May 22
villagereporter:

Wetin be this? Pronunciation ooooooo . My dental set has been destroyed trying to pronounce.
grin grin
Leave am laidat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:49pm On May 22
daveP:

I didn't watch the part he talked about salaries. I tuned in about halfway into the interview. What did he say about his salary?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 2:37pm On May 22
COOL10:

This Finidi nor just get sense
This one won't stay long as super eagles coach at all

You choose captain base on leadership....Ekong was the captain when older players like Balogun was still in the team. Rohr choose him because of his steering leadership traits why alter the captainship structure?
If it is not broken why fix it?

You see why this one wanna mess up the opportunity to up his profile?

Well na him know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:55pm On May 22
humility33:

You choose captain base on leadership....Ekong was the captain when older players like Balogun was still in the team. Rohr choose him because of his steering leadership traits why alter the captainship structure?

Well na him know

Honestly, I don't have an issue with the most experienced players being captains. The only issue I'll have with him is if he takes it away from Ekong. That guy worked too hard at the AFCON to just be sidelined like that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 3:11pm On May 22
humility33:

Well na him know

Rohr chose Musa. Ekong served in acting capacity, just like Enyeama and Yobo in 2013 Afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:42pm On May 22
TheLoneCitizen:
The real Victor. Not that other Victor.

Boniface is extremely sluggish compared to Osimhen.

Very different styles.
They can coexist.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:42pm On May 22
Our game against Togo at the ongoing Wafu zone B U-17 tournament have been rescheduled for 9am on Thursday due to heavy downpour
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 6:05pm On May 22
Joebie:
Charles check well because i know say that your wife to be na Nwakali admirer o.

Pls😂😂 we want peace in the marriage not vawulence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 6:07pm On May 22
charlesemeka85:
I tell u say I find wife tire. I almost enter depression. It got worst that I totally gave up bro

This generation person wey God bless with a good wife no knw wetin God do for am🤣🤣🤣
Congratulations senior man
E no easy to see your missing ribs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28pm On May 22
grin
lordofstrings:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:33pm On May 22
Finidi said the Captain must be an older player but also a starter in the team so what the fuzz about?

What else do you expect him to say? Who on the team no get leadership quality?

When you listen to that teamnigeriauk guy too much you begin to question your own sanity! That guy no get sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On May 22
lordofstrings:

Congratulations senior man
E no easy to see your missing ribs
Tnks bro 😎 🙏

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On May 22
lordofstrings:

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16193) (16194) (16195) (16196) (16197) (16198) (16199) ... (16363) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), do4luv14(m), Shynaboy1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.