Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699544 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Generals03:
Kelechi Nwakali has played 4 games now for his club MVV maastritch. No assist, no goal nothing.

I know it may be too early to complain but I remember Iheanacho scoring goals and impressing during the few early games he got with mancity youth teams.

I hope not but we may have over hyped this boy beyond his abilities.

In most of the games, he has come in with a few minutes to go with less than 10-15 minutes to go.. That is not enough.. He has not even played 45 minutes of football total.

This is his first season as a pro.. He still has a lot to adapt to..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Abi, Rohr invited Musa Mohammed to camp, found him match rusty and opted to play Ndidi on the right.

What is different from what I am saying?

I said invite Oshaniwa to camp, if he is match rusty, drop him from the final squad list. If he is not, we are doing ourselves not playing him.

I wonder what the problem is.

I am saying, he does not deserve an invitation not at the moment..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Generals03:
Kelechi Nwakali has played 4 games now for his club MVV maastritch. No assist, no goal nothing.

I know it may be too early to complain but I remember Iheanacho scoring goals and impressing during the few early games he got with mancity youth teams.

Unless Kelechi Nwakali is playing as a top striker. You can not expect the same goal rate from him compared to Iheanacho.

The stats that should interest us is pass completion, distance covered, chances created. That especially depends if he plays a deep-lying role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Leon Balogun back on the Bench, Hopefully, he can regain his starting shirt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am saying, he does not deserve an invitation not at the moment..

But, we agree the left Back Is a problem. Yet you do not want to check if there is a chance Oshaniwa is better.

I repeat, if Oshaniwa will perform better, we are doing ourselves using inactivity as an excuse. As long as he is training every week, inactivity is a week excuse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

But, we agree the left Back Is a problem. Yet you do not want to check if there is a chance Oshaniwa is better.

I repeat, if Oshaniwa will perform better, we are doing ourselves using inactivity as an excuse. As long as he is training every week, inactivity is a week excuse.

There is something called match fitness... Training every day is not the same as being match fit... Match fit incorporates your sharpness in a competitive match setting. Physically fit is not the same as match fit.

A player not playing regularly is a problem for any coach talkless of one not considered good enough to make the match team.. There is no justification for inviting Oshaniwa at the moment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is something called match fitness... Training every day is not the same as being match fit... Match fit incorporates your sharpness in a competitive match setting. Physically fit is not the same as match fit.

A player not playing regularly is a problem for any coach talkless of one not considered good enough to make the match team.. There is no justification for inviting Oshaniwa at the moment.

It is a myth because there are many instances to prove it not true.

A good example is Nasri, who Guardiola sidelined from the Preseason games and the early games. Despite zero playing time, Nasri came in as a Sub and put a brilliant performance that landed him a place in the starting eleven of Sevilla.

Remember Mikel's playing drought under Mourinho. When Guus Hiddink took over, the match fitness you talk about was not an issue.

That is why you test. All I am saying is test.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Generals03:

some players develop slowly,there is no question about his talents.

4 all the time Mikel stays in Lyn Oslow, only once that I heard he cored,2 goals or so.
Played U-20 WYC,just one goal n one assist as attacking Midfielder,yet he was adjudged as the second best behind the argentine Magician.
Do u know the position Nwakali is playing 4 his club,whether he is playing as a DM,that is another factor that can determine his goals return.
And moreover some players r big team players,they hardly perform in a small team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Did you not see Isaac Success recently? Without playing time, he came in against Manchester United and was phenomenal. What happened to the Match fitness then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is justification invite weaker players who perform weakly consistently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is a myth because there are many instances to prove it not true.

A good example is Nasri, who Guardiola sidelined from the Preseason games and the early games. Despite zero playing time, Nasri came in as a Sub and put a brilliant performance that landed him a place in the starting eleven of Sevilla.

Remember Mikel's playing drought under Mourinho. When Guus Hiddink took over, the match fitness you talk about was not an issue.

That is why you test. All I am saying is test.

This is what Hearts fans were saying about Oshaniwa after his first season:

'Without exception the worst footballer I have seen in a hearts top in 30 years. Completely over hyped on arrival big let down complete turkey'

'and sack the scout that brought him here.'

'Wanted in Turkey? I hope so.'

'Please let him go, Messi couldn't do as much damage to our defence. Some signings don't work out, he seemed to have a good profile. Maybe just a good agent. If we can sort out left back we will have a very good defence, '

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-juwon-oshaniwa-says-he-is-wanted-by-turkish-clubs-1-4154929

This is the guy, you want to face Mahrez based on 2014 WC??

Imagine being considered the worst player for Hearts in Scotland for 30 years.

There are several comments like that.

On what basis should he be invited??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hearts fans on Oshaniwa, not a single positive comment:

1. That would be amazing if someone bought this dud. Honestly, Hearts would be better off without this player.

2. For whatever reason it hasn't worked for him at Hearts. Despite his World Cup pedigree he just hasn't looked good enough. For me it would be best for both parties if he moved on as we have good cover at the back.

3. The best thing is, hearts fans don't rate Osh so no ripping from hibeopians will make an impact. Could be worse, we could have just signed Paul Hanlon.

4. Would be happy to see Osh go if we could get a fee

5. Just give us a healthy cheque and i'll pack Osh's bags myself. Tired of those saying that he was still adjusting to Scottish Football. Nonsense. You either adjust in 5-10 games or youre oot. No passengers here, we're not in the trumpet league.

6. If this is true then get shot.. this guy is a liability who upsets the back four no end..I think we managed ONE victory with him in the team.. I know the arguements about a player taking time to settle,but he is showing nothing...when fans jokingly ask if we bought who we thought we were buying then that tells you something..we made a mistake in buying Osh mistakes happen..move him on.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-juwon-oshaniwa-says-he-is-wanted-by-turkish-clubs-1-4154929
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Is anybody watching Genk vs Athletic Bilbao? Ndidi is totally bossing the midfield against Athletic Bilbao, not some sunday league team. Ndidi has been the starman, yet people crucify me when I say that he should start ahead of Onazi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xlad(m): 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ndidi don score ooh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
82 mins - Goal! KRC Genk 2, Athletic Club 0. Wilfred Ndidi (KRC Genk) right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom left corner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
83 mins - Goal! Roma 3, FK Austria Wien 3.
Olarenwaju Kayode (FK Austria Wien) right
footed shot from the centre of the box to
the centre of the goal. Assisted by Ismael
Tajouri-Shradi with a cross following a set
piece situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

This is what Hearts fans were saying about Oshaniwa after his first season:

'Without exception the worst footballer I have seen in a hearts top in 30 years. Completely over hyped on arrival big let down complete turkey'

'and sack the scout that brought him here.'

'Wanted in Turkey? I hope so.'

'Please let him go, Messi couldn't do as much damage to our defence. Some signings don't work out, he seemed to have a good profile. Maybe just a good agent. If we can sort out left back we will have a very good defence, '

This is the guy, you want to face Mahrez based on 2014 WC??

Imagine being considered the worst player for Hearts in Scotland for 30 years.

There are several comments like that.

On what basis should he be invited??

Should I post what Chelsea fans say about Mikel? Many fans are myopic. If that is what you want to use to judge. Do you know the criticism Pique came under at Manchester United. What of Nani?

Why not judge Oshaniwa based on what you know? You have watched him play for Nigeria. He did well in a lot of games. We watched him against Messi and Di Maria. You are knowledgeable enough to judge without the opinions of Myopic fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Should I post what Chelsea fans say about Mikel? Many fans are myopic. If that is what you want to use to judge. Do you know the criticism Pique came under at Manchester United. What of Nani?

Why not judge Oshaniwa based on what you know? You have watched him play for Nigeria. He did well in a lot of games. We watched him against Messi and Di Maria. You are knowledgeable enough to judge without the opinions of Myopic fans.

I can't judge him based on 2014 WC.. Not a single fan had something positive to say. That is unusual. He was dropped based on poor performances. That says a lot especially for a club like Hearts.

No matter how some fans talk about Mikel, Others rate him very highly.. No coach dropped Mikel based on poor performances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hearts fans on Oshaniwa, not a single positive comment:

1. That would be amazing if someone bought this dud. Honestly, Hearts would be better off without this player.

2. For whatever reason it hasn't worked for him at Hearts. Despite his World Cup pedigree he just hasn't looked good enough. For me it would be best for both parties if he moved on as we have good cover at the back.

3. The best thing is, hearts fans don't rate Osh so no ripping from hibeopians will make an impact. Could be worse, we could have just signed Paul Hanlon.

4. Would be happy to see Osh go if we could get a fee

5. Just give us a healthy cheque and i'll pack Osh's bags myself. Tired of those saying that he was still adjusting to Scottish Football. Nonsense. You either adjust in 5-10 games or youre oot. No passengers here, we're not in the trumpet league.

6. If this is true then get shot.. this guy is a liability who upsets the back four no end..I think we managed ONE victory with him in the team.. I know the arguements about a player taking time to settle,but he is showing nothing...when fans jokingly ask if we bought who we thought we were buying then that tells you something..we made a mistake in buying Osh mistakes happen..move him on.

When Modric joined Real Madrid, he came under heavy criticism by Spanish vans. Voted the worst signing of the season. So I do not just rely on just fan talks.

Oshaniwa made a wrong move but Oliseh made it worse by dropping him for no reason, after he played well for us.

All these does not change the simple fact. Do not base judgment on the coach decisions or what the fans think. Invite Oshaniwa to camp and check if he is still in form.

Why are people scared of checking? Not checking landed us with accepting that our right and left back is a problem.

If Oshaniwa is better than Echiejile, we are doing ourselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Golazo from Ndidi..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When Modric joined Real Madrid, he came under heavy criticism by Spanish vans. Voted the worst signing of the season. So I do not just rely on just fan talks.

Oshaniwa made a wrong move but Oliseh made it worse by dropping him for no reason, after he played well for us.

All these does not change the simple fact. Do not base judgment on the coach decisions or what the fans think. Invite Oshaniwa to camp and check if he is still in form.

Why are people scared of checking? Not checking landed us with accepting that our right and left back is a problem.

If Oshaniwa is better than Echiejile, we are doing ourselves.

There is no basis for inviting him. Instead look for the best left back in the local league and test him. Echiejiele, Amuzie and Madu will offer more than Oshaniwa at the moment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

I can't judge him based on 2014 WC.. Not a single fan had something positive to say. That is unusual. He was dropped based on poor performances. That says a lot especially for a club like Hearts.

No matter how some fans talk about Mikel, Others rate him very highly.. No coach dropped Mikel based on poor performances.

That does not change a simple fact, Check. Check. Check. Instead of drowning in mediocrity. Check if there is a better option, not what the Scottish fans think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

There is no basis for inviting him. Instead look for the best left back in the local league and test him. Echiejiele, Amuzie and Madu will offer more than Madu at the moment.

That is exactly what I am talking about. You do not care if Oshaniwa is better than the current options. You prefer us to continue in the same way that has not worked.

All these is because we do not want to check if Oshaniwa is better than them.

Is it not the same Moses that could not keep games at Chelsea that is performing. Same Moses that went on loan to Liverpool and could not see game time?

Keep letting these people decide for you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Napoleon55:
is not just the solanke vs iheanacho,most of his arguments r always like that,have u tried to argue with him,for instance try to tell him that the color of a ripe orange is yellow,n c what will b his reaction,

smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What of Iwobi, a toddler to Solanke? That is beyond logical. I wonder who will take side with that.

#AnalyseWithConscience

I am shocked, a chelsea fan talking bad about an arsenal player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Guys here are trying to degrade Solanke's Achievement and Talent grin. He is a top talent in England just hasn't been given the Playing time to prove himself by Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
I don't see how Ndidi will remain in Genk much longer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Maastricht: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hello,

Here a fan of MVV Maastricht. I understand you are wondering why Nwakali is not playing more minutes.

Well he still has to adapt to his new club. We are currently on the 2nd position in the league. Our coach doesn't feel the need to replace our current AM. Also a young talented player, Florian Loshaj. Also we are playing on artificial turf and not on a normal grass pitch.

In the previous match against Dordrecht, where he came on as a substitute in the 82th minute, he gave a wonderfull pass that led to the assist for 2-0. You can see it here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/132352476873346/videos/1025467444228507/ his action starts at 3:40.

Tomorrow we will play again. His time will come, that he is talented is without a doubt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
princesuko:
Guys here are trying to degrade Solanke's Achievement and Talent grin. He is a top talent in England just hasn't been given the Playing time to prove himself by Chelsea.

No one is degrading Solanke. He is a promising talent. He can become good. We hope he becomes good.

How can he become good if you want him to feel satisfied with 7 goals in 22 Starts?

He can do better.

We are saying for now, we have young players ahead of him. Solanke should keep working hard to become a top player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oh mehn... grin
Onazi berra watch his back coz here comes "The Wilf" Ndidi..... wink

Wilfred "The Rock" Ndidi.... Good game lad. smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wow!!! Like seriously? Are u for real? If you are...

....You're most welcome then.... smiley

Thanks and we do hope Kelechi gets his time and chance soon enough coz he's one of our many top talents in our rising new golden era. smiley

Maastricht:
Hello,

Here a fan of MVV Maastricht. I understand you are wondering why Nwakali is not playing more minutes.

Well he still has to adapt to his new club. We are currently on the 2nd position in the league. Our coach doesn't feel the need to replace our current AM. Also a young talented player, Florian Loshaj. Also we are playing on artificial turf and not on a normal grass pitch.

In the previous match against Dordrecht, where he came on as a substitute in the 82th minute, he gave a wonderfull pass that led to the assist for 2-0. You can see it here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/132352476873346/videos/1025467444228507/ his action starts at 3:40.

Tomorrow we will play again. His time will come, that he is talented is without a doubt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), Lyster360 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.