Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711490 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2017
edi287:
The guy looks great. We might have a potential gem in our hands
Yeah. Potential!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

In regards to Obagoal, Ike Uche and Odenwinge, I think they are very good and you are sure to get a goal with these guys.

Unfortunately, when these players were banging in goals left right center in Europe our bad belle coaches decided to drop them for lesser strikers.

However, if these three players are still banging in goals left right and center, I don't mind they are invited to the National team because we don't have any inform young striker in the best leagues in Europe and in the National team that can lace their shoes.

As it being that Kelechi and Kayode (because they are the only two consistent prolific strikers playing at the highest level) are banging in goals left right and center, I don't need to even think about these men but because as sand sand don pass garri, I will prefer Martins and ike Uche if they continue to score goals for their clubs. I don't know about Odenwinge.

However, I think we can split the three slots for the striker to three categories.

I. For informed experienced striker
II. For a mixed of both informed young and experienced striker
II. For very young informed striker

Based on these categories,

Category 1

Odion Ighalo - 14 goals and 3 assists (25 games in CSL)

Obafemi Martins - 7 goals and 3 assists (12 games in CSL)

Osaze Odenwinge 13 goals and 5 assists out of 18 games in Indonesia)

Ikechuckwu Uche 5 goals and 0 assist out of 8 games in the la Liga 2

Brown Ideye clubless

Anthony Nwakaeme 0 goals and 1 assist out of 5 games in Israel

Category 2

Ahmed Musa - EPL
Kayode Olanrewaju - LA Liga
Aaron Samuel - Russia
Ebere Paul Onuachu - Denmark
Simeon Nwankwo - Seria A

Category 3

Kelechi Iheanacho
Tammy Abraham
Cyriel Dessers
Dominic Solanke
Dennis Bonaventure
Peter Olayinka
Taiwo Awoniyi
Osimhen
Sadiq Umar

Based on current form and pedigree of leagues, please choose one from each categories, we are good to go.

Please, no sentiments and give reasons. grin
so, in your mind Simeon Nwankwo and Olanrewaju are in Category 2, while Cyriel and Kelechi are in Category 3?

And why are you throwing in some funny names like Solanke?

You sha...very predictable. Saw this list and instantly knew it had to be you. Surprise us one day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

I can recall two chances Onyekuru missed. One was in the first half when he ran past Alves but one heavy touch gave the gk enough time to cover. The other was in the second half when he hit the crossbar. It was their CB who is also black that missed a header
onyekuru missed a header in the first half. You can check the highlight bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

Are you sure we watched the same Anderletch team?! Their midfield totally bossed the game, PSG had to depend on counterattacks. The Appiah guy who you said knew what he was doing was just hoofing aimless crosses into the box for 90minutes and his covering was very very suspect.

Onyekuru did not have a single header in that game, maybe you made a mistake there. His teammates were actually very good except for that Appiah guy and the problem they had was that they were using Appiah as their main attacking outlet and his crosses were just dumb all game long, if they switched their tactics to attack through Onyekuru's wing then they would have scored a few goals, they made PSG look ordinary.

That said Onyekuru needs to work on the defensive side of his game and his clinicality

bros you didnt watch the match .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
safarigirl:
you have come again

Based on general feedback, it's obvious you were the one who watched the wrong game
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1238306/LiveStatistics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018-Anderlecht-Paris-Saint-Germain

this is the stats from the game. A team that had 16 shots and 6 on target, same as PSG played very well. Ball possession was 50-50 and they had the better pass success rate.

Let's look at their goals and compare here. Mbappe's goal was insane. The goalkeeper should be saving that all day long, the defence was not at fault one bit, they did their job. Then immediately after the goal, the next chance was for Onyekuru, he should have buried that chance, it was a lot easier than that of Mbappe but he missed it, the game could have been 1-1 there. The next chance also fell to their number 9, he should have cutback inside again and buried that chance but at the end he did test the gk well enough, it could and should have been 2-1 at this point if they were a little more clinical. At 2-1 the game would have changed, for a team that had the chance to be leading 2-1 against PSG, and this chances were created from beautiful attacking football, I think they did very well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2017
kellycute:
onyekuru missed a header in the first half. You can check the highlight bro.

Yes, the header was right before I joined the game, when their 9 hit that shot that the GK parried, the commentator said that they had already 4 good chances and I could only count three, now I understand that he added the header too. I already pointed it out

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

The term consistency in football is not measured has a short term measurement.

At the moment KC has lost confidence, is far from consistent and is a shadow of his former self. Right now the hottest young striker in the premiership is TEGA ABRAHAMS no contest.

If he continues at this level of progress he will be in the £75 million price level. Chelsea are regretting not putting a call back clause on his loan move if not he would be in Chelsea as first choice striker.
I disagree.. morata would still be the first choice. The bold part is just exaggeration bro.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2017
DrKlever:
So what is your point now? That we should keep screaming fowl play and disgracing ourselves to the world each time an individual declares their age whether true or not we should try to respect this players since we can't tell their real age, if you have proof c'mon go ahead cause you have my support but if not if should just try to mind our business. we ain't their parents!

Let me tell you something.

The operative word is PROOF, I know a lot of heads of recruitment and a very small number of football club managers. But one thing is clear, they know that we cut age, they know that we are telling lies and most times they do not believe our ages.

But you know what, THEY DON'T CARE as long as thier is no substantive evidential proof and their is money to be made. Everybody gets thier cut everybody is happy.

That's essentially the bottom line.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1238306/LiveStatistics/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2017-2018-Anderlecht-Paris-Saint-Germain

this is the stats from the game. A team that had 16 shots and 6 on target, same as PSG played very well. Ball possession was 50-50 and they had the better pass success rate.

Let's look at their goals and compare here. Mbappe's goal was insane. The goalkeeper should be saving that all day long, the defence was not at fault one bit, they did their job. Then immediately after the goal, the next chance was for Onyekuru, he should have buried that chance, it was a lot easier than that of Mbappe but he missed it, the game could have been 1-1 there. The next chance also fell to their number 9, he should have cutback inside again and buried that chance but at the end he did test the gk well enough, it could and should have been 2-1 at this point if they were a little more clinical. At 2-1 the game would have changed, for a team that had the chance to be leading 2-1 against PSG, and this chances were created from beautiful attacking football, I think they did very well
You no see the goal wen dem dash Di Maria abi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2017
kellycute:
[/b] I disagree.. morata would still be the first choice. The bold part is just exaggeration bro.

Yes it is somewhat exaggerated, but it is more of optimistic favouritism on my part for Tega, however, it's not entirely impossible, just unlikely.

Why, because, Tega understands the EPL more in my opinion, is a better poacher of goals and probably has about the same pace as Morata, but he Tega has better aerial prowess. Putting all that together in a much better team Chelsea for Tega means that it is a good possibility he will score more.

I rest my emotional patriotic biased case.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
forgiveness:

In regards to Obagoal, Ike Uche and Odenwinge, I think they are very good and you are sure to get a goal with these guys.

Unfortunately, when these players were banging in goals left right center in Europe our bad belle coaches decided to drop them for lesser strikers.

However, if these three players are still banging in goals left right and center, I don't mind they are invited to the National team because we don't have any inform young striker in the best leagues in Europe and in the National team that can lace their shoes.

As it being that Kelechi and Kayode (because they are the only two consistent prolific strikers playing at the highest level) are banging in goals left right and center, I don't need to even think about these men but because as sand sand don pass garri, I will prefer Martins and ike Uche if they continue to score goals for their clubs. I don't know about Odenwinge.

However, I think we can split the three slots for the striker to three categories.

I. For informed experienced striker
II. For a mixed of both informed young and experienced striker
II. For very young informed striker

Based on these categories,

Category 1

Odion Ighalo - 14 goals and 3 assists (25 games in CSL)

Obafemi Martins - 7 goals and 3 assists (12 games in CSL)

Osaze Odenwinge 13 goals and 5 assists out of 18 games in Indonesia)

Ikechuckwu Uche 5 goals and 0 assist out of 8 games in the la Liga 2

Brown Ideye clubless

Anthony Nwakaeme 0 goals and 1 assist out of 5 games in Israel

Category 2

Ahmed Musa - EPL
Kayode Olanrewaju - LA Liga
Aaron Samuel - Russia
Ebere Paul Onuachu - Denmark
Simeon Nwankwo - Seria A

Category 3

Kelechi Iheanacho
Tammy Abraham
Cyriel Dessers
Dominic Solanke
Dennis Bonaventure
Peter Olayinka
Taiwo Awoniyi
Osimhen
Sadiq Umar

Based on current form and pedigree of leagues, please choose one from each categories, we are good to go.

Please, no sentiments and give reasons. grin

Any player you pick from those categories won't stop SE from the mandatory first round loss to Argentina.

A win and a draw in subsequent group matches and a gritty, nail bitting slim victory over Poland in the second round. Then comes France in the 1/8 finals with Mbappe doing a hattrick.
sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2017
tbaba1234:
Onyekuru adds unpredictability to Nigeria. Similar to Victor Moses. I think, he can be an important part of our world cup campaign.

For Algeria,

Starting Line-up

Ezenwa(Currently number 1 and deservedly)
Aina LB
Balogun
Ekong (Oyinbo wall is the most likely WC defensive partnership, the more they play together, the better)
Ebuehi (Time to justify your invites)
Onazi (Back to fitness, always ready to do a job)
Etebo (has not been seen in recent games, time to come back to reckoning)
Ogu (Another one that needs to justify invites)
Onyekuru (To add offensive bite)
Iwobi
Ighalo
(In better form than Kelechi)

The team above can beat Algeria away. I think it is a fine blend of experimentation and blending players into the team.

nice one, but too many fringe players starting the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2017
junnyjake:

You no see the goal wen dem dash Di Maria abi?

they were already losing, 88 minutes or so, the match was over. You can also point out the error that Mbappe almost scored from but did you see how quick their defence was? They immediately put pressure on Neymar when the keeper saved from Mbappe. Nobody is above mistake, even Gerard has made one or two mistakes.

Meanwhile if they had gone 2-1 up, I believe they would have done a lot better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

Yes it is somewhat exaggerated, but it is more of optimistic favouritism on my part for Tega, however, it's not entirely impossible, just unlikely.

Why, because, Tega understands the EPL more in my opinion, is a better poacher of goals and probably has about the same pace as Morata, but he Tega has better aerial prowess. Putting all that together in a much better team Chelsea for Tega means that it is a good possibility he will score more.

I [b][/b]rest my emotional patriotic biased case.
well as a Chelsea fan, I want tammy back, atleast he is better than batsuayi. The bold part cracked me up

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

The term consistency in football is not measured has a short term measurement.

At the moment KC has lost confidence, is far from consistent and is a shadow of his former self. Right now the hottest young striker in the premiership is TEGA ABRAHAMS no contest.

If he continues at this level of progress he will be in the £75 million price level. Chelsea are regretting not putting a call back clause on his loan move if not he would be in Chelsea as first choice striker.
Tammy Abraham as first choice striker over Morata presently? Oga please give your life to Christ nau!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2017
Humility017:

to be honest wit you....I thibk Bobby may prove better as he progress....
it is more easier going after players willing to play for us...than going after those who are indifferent...

better we get him capped and as such prepare him for the next Olympic tournament.....

There is something we don’t talk about that much essentially because most people do not know.

What was the nature, substance, timing of the approach, who did the approach and where was it done.

We have a very good bunch of top Nigerian players in the England U21.

We assume that they refused. In many instances a proper approach was not made.

Right now we have 4/5 players who should be invited to camp and then let Rohr decide.

Dominic Iorfa
Seyi Ojo
Tega Onomah
Sone Aluko
Fred Onyedinma

For me Tega Abrahams is no longer a prospective player but a proven tested and confirmed No.9 now the hottest young striker in the premiership. That's why he is not in the list above. He brings immediate quality to the SE.

I could add that all five in my list bring definite quality that is proven and tested as well. But how much we do not know until they play a few friendlies and we see them in camp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:07am On Oct 19, 2017
NIGERIANS TO WATCH IN THE EUROPA LEAGUE

RED STAR BELGRADE vs ARSENAL
Arsenal travel to Belgrade with Chuba Akpom ( ? ) and Alex Iwobi

FK ZORYA vs HERTHA BERLIN
Jordan Torunarigha will hope not to give away another penalty in Ukraine, as Hertha tackle Zorya.

BEER SHEVA vs FCSB
Super Eagles duo, Anthony Nwakaeme and John Ogu welcome FC Steaua Bucharest to Israel.

KONYASPOR vs SALZBURG
24 year old Konyaspor Center Foward, Patrick Friday Eze, will hope to open his goal account in Europe, after getting an assist in the last Europa League fixture. They entertain Austrian club, Salzburg.

LUGANO vs PLZN
Super Eagles hopeful, left-back Stanley Amuzie will likely make his debut in European club competition as his swiss side, Lugano host Viktoria Plzen of Czech Republic.

OSTERSUND vs BILBAO
Ostersunds influential forward, Alhaji Gero will be unleashed again when they welcome Atletico Bilbao at Jämtkraft Arena. Gero has had a hand in 2 of 3 goals scored by Ostersund so far in this Campaign.

WAREGEM vs VITESSE
Vitesse travel to Belgium to face Peter Olayinka's Waregem. Waregem has scored only one goal after two games in the Europa League -- thanks to Olayinka's assist. Will Kingsley Madu make Waregem's matchday squad?

ZENIT vs ROSENBORG
Samuel Adegbenro hasn't found the net in Europe since his famous brace that sent Ajax packing. Adegbenro who scored one of Rosenborg's goals this past weekend, will hope to replicate his fine Eliteserien form away in Petersburg.

AUSTRIA VIENNA vs RIJEKA
Austria Vienna host Rijeka with Ibrahim "Muazam" Alhassan expected to be in the thick of things. Nigerian "Gianlugi Buffon" David Nwokolor is expected to make Rijeka's bench for the first time in Europe. He was listed by Rijeka in their last two league matches.

EVERTON vs LYON
Lookman Ademola is expected to be in Everton's matchday squad as they tackle visiting Lyon.

SKENDERBEU vs PARTIZAN
After missing out from Partizan's matchday squad in their last Europa League fixture, Theophilus Solomon will hope to return as they travel to Skenderbeau (Albania)

ZLIN vs FC COPENHAGEN
Ubong Ekpai's Zlin welcome FC Copenhagen of Denmark. Moses has been a regular for Zlin so far both in Europe and in the Czech top-tier. The right winger will hope to get on the scoresheet after failing to score for a while now. He has managed two goals so far in the domestic league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2017
DrKlever:
Tammy Abraham as first choice striker over Morata presently? Oga please give your life to Christ nau!

Lol i have already explained my exuberant patriotic optimism in favour of Tega.

I am laughing too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2017
I think I agree with you on Ike Uche. His style of football as you have described will come in handy especially when playing with the likes of Mikel and Iwobi, it will be enterprising to watch and together they can cause havoc in any defense. I will like an inclusion of Uche and Tega to the team to compete with Nacho and Ighalo.

Mickael2:

From Pot1 I would take Ike Uche.

Reason- We are playing a system that suits a dynamic forward. A forward that can play very well as a link up player, can also put away chances and also create goals on his own. I am looking squarely at Martins and Ike Uche. I go with Ike Uche because he deserves this finally. The 2010 world cup after doing so well he got injured, 2014 world cup? Sentiments kept him out, he deserves to atleast represent his country once. Martins is hard to drop but I'd make do with that.

PS: I am not sure Osaze should be here, he isn't a true number 9 which makes it more outstanding that he has scored 13goals. There is this other nigerian who is their main 9 in his club, I don't know his name though.

Category 2: I would bring Iheanacho into this category. He is easily more experienced than Kayode so Kayode goes to the other category. Musa is not a striker either. I'd EASILY pick Iheanacho from this bunch. Him not going to the World Cup would be a crime against humanity

Category III: lets leave this open till the final matchday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
NIGERIANS TO WATCH IN THE EUROPA LEAGUE

RED STAR BELGRADE vs ARSENAL
Arsenal travel to Belgrade with Chuba Akpom ( ? ) and Alex Iwobi

FK ZORYA vs HERTHA BERLIN
Jordan Torunarigha will hope not to give away another penalty in Ukraine, as Hertha tackle Zorya.

BEER SHEVA vs FCSB
Super Eagles duo, Anthony Nwakaeme and John Ogu welcome FC Steaua Bucharest to Israel.

KONYASPOR vs SALZBURG
24 year old Konyaspor Center Foward, Patrick Friday Eze, will hope to open his goal account in Europe, after getting an assist in the last Europa League fixture. They entertain Austrian club, Salzburg.

LUGANO vs PLZN
Super Eagles hopeful, left-back Stanley Amuzie will likely make his debut in European club competition as his swiss side, Lugano host Viktoria Plzen of Czech Republic.

OSTERSUND vs BILBAO
Ostersunds influential forward, Alhaji Gero will be unleashed again when they welcome Atletico Bilbao at Jämtkraft Arena. Gero has had a hand in 2 of 3 goals scored by Ostersund so far in this Campaign.

WAREGEM vs VITESSE
Vitesse travel to Belgium to face Peter Olayinka's Waregem. Waregem has scored only one goal after two games in the Europa League -- thanks to Olayinka's assist. Will Kingsley Madu make Waregem's matchday squad?

ZENIT vs ROSENBORG
Samuel Adegbenro hasn't found the net in Europe since his famous brace that sent Ajax packing. Adegbenro who scored one of Rosenborg's goals this past weekend, will hope to replicate his fine Eliteserien form away in Petersburg.

AUSTRIA VIENNA vs RIJEKA
Austria Vienna host Rijeka with Ibrahim "Muazam" Alhassan expected to be in the thick of things. Nigerian "Gianlugi Buffon" David Nwokolor is expected to make Rijeka's bench for the first time in Europe. He was listed by Rijeka in their last two league matches.

EVERTON vs LYON
Lookman Ademola is expected to be in Everton's matchday squad as they tackle visiting Lyon.

SKENDERBEU vs PARTIZAN
After missing out from Partizan's matchday squad in their last Europa League fixture, Theophilus Solomon will hope to return as they travel to Skenderbeau (Albania)

ZLIN vs FC COPENHAGEN
Ubong Ekpai's Zlin welcome FC Copenhagen of Denmark. Moses has been a regular for Zlin so far both in Europe and in the Czech top-tier. The right winger will hope to get on the scoresheet. He has managed two goals so far in the domestic league.

Chuba Akpom is a player to whom much was expected but zero has been delivered.

Ademola has not had a run of games to prove his pedigree. So it's difficult to say how good he is Lyon will be a good test. For me though Fred Onyedinma is better but Ademola may slightly shade him on goals both are with wingers essentially.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

There is something we don’t talk about that much essentially because most people do not know.

What was the nature, substance, timing of the approach, who did the approach and where was it done.

Right now we have 4/5 players who should be invited to camp and then let Rohr decide.

Dominic Iorfa
Seyi Ojo
Tega Onomah
Sone Aluko
Fred Onyedinma

For me Tega Abrahams is no longer a prospective player but a proven tested and confirmed No.9 now the hottest young striker in the premiership. That's why he is not in the list above. He brings immediate quality to the SE.

I could add that all five in my list bring definite quality that is proven and tested as well. But how much we do not know until they play a few friendlies and we see them in camp.
you write true...though only that...those names you put up there....I believe should only be invited to train wit the SE after the world cup....except aluko...
the rest should wait after the world cup...they're no miles better than the ones we have now...players who laboured and sweat to see us qualify for the world cup should not be dropped for players in same par.....

moreover I still do agree on your stance on Tammy.....he should be given a straight walk into the SE......
but the pressure on that kid is way too much...the English FA won't let him go without a fight....

you and I know of how much effort pinnick have made thus far......

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

Chuba Akpom is a player to whom much was expected but zero has been delivered.

Ademola has not had a run of games to prove his pedigree. So it's difficult to say how good he is Lyon will be a good test. For me though Fred Onyedinma is better but Ademola may slightly shade him on goals both are with wingers essentially.

I think the problem wit Chuba akpom is that he is not a clear cut striker....
I think he should be deployed to the wings.....and let's see what he tends to offer but for a striker...I don't see him as one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2017
blueto:
I think I agree with you on Ike Uche. His style of football as you have described will come in handy especially when playing with the likes of Mikel and Iwobi, it will be enterprising to watch and together they can cause havoc in any defense. I will like an inclusion of Uche and Tega to the team to compete with Nacho and Ighalo.

please remove uche from that list...

that guy is going nowhere near the world cup....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2017
Mickael2:

I never doubted it, however a 13year old MALE sprouting a beard is ridiculous, I mean if females could grow beards and you told me a female has started growing beards at 13 I may believe that
With the emergence of the beard gang u still think 70% of those with beard grew it naturally? o.y.o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Rubbish.

Ola Aina is 21 but he looks older than Kelechi.

I can guarantee that if he was born in Nigeria, people will say, he is 30. Thank God, his age is verifiable.

This is how Nigerians go on foreign websites to cast doubts on the ages of their players.

That's not a big fat lie

I disagree with it but it's your opinion.

I withdraw with humble pie apology my earlier assertion. As not the right diction to use.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2017
I must admit, after watching Abraham's 26 goals from last term, and his 4 goals so far in the Premier League, he is more of a poacher --something the Super Eagles is lacking. And I can't find any player home or abroad with his poaching instincts. He can definitely bring something to the team.

As regards the others, yes let Rohr decide. These are young guys (excluding Aluko) so when I think of them, I think beyond Russia. So why not just make the move now for the future?

How about Tom Adeyemi the CMF? His stats not too impressive, but his video clips tells more. Have you seen him play?

komekn:

Dominic Iorfa
Seyi Ojo
Tega Onomah
Sone Aluko
Fred Onyedinma

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Humility017:

I think the problem wit Chuba akpom is that he is not a clear cut striker....
I think he should be deployed to the wings.....and let's see what he tends to offer but for a striker...I don't see him as one

I remembered him and Chuks Aneke he was younger than Chuks but he was promoted as something very special.

And for a few years at U18, U21 and to some extent U23 level he was the main man outside of Fulham's Dembele.

But the step up from youth football to the more competitive senior game. Seems a step too far for him.

That's why always say don't be too optimistic about youth football. A few years ago Adam Morgan was hailed as the new Robbie Fowler it did not happen he is now barely 3 years later playing non- league Shocking Really.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2017
ChrisKels:
Nigeria has such a talented winger and Rohr is trynna force a crap like Musa and Simon down our throat? OK oo.

All hail Lord Onyekuru, the bleeper of almighty Dani Alvez. Who else saw that nutmeg on Verratti?
so because of a moment of brilliance against anderlecht, Moses siomon and musa aren't good enough? you still doubt Simons quality? its not that onyekuru wasn't given a chance... but he didn't impress. As for musa, that Guy's high speed and agility is still very useful for our cteam for counter attacks. don't you think so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2017
blueto:

I see wisdom in your post. Uche's style of play as a 9 is essential the same with Nacho's style of play, Ighalo's style and Tammy's style are almost the same too. So invite all four to camp, check which one of them is the best from each style using some friendly games and training sessions, choose the best from each style and from the remaining two decide who is best suited for the final spot in the team and we are good to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:
I must admit, after watching Abraham's 26 goals from last term, and his 4 goals so far in the Premier League, he is more of a poacher --something the Super Eagles is lacking. And I can't find any player home or abroad with his poaching instincts. He can definitely bring something to the team.

As regards the others, yes let Rohr decide. These are young guys (excluding Aluko) so when I think of them, I think beyond Russia. So why not just make the move now for the future?

How about Tom Adeyemi the CMF? His stats not too impressive, but his video clips tells more. Have you seen him play?

It's a strange one really, I met one of the agents heavily involved at Norwich and they didn't rate him that much. They did say he was studying for his degree and in the end he was released at Norwich.

Now he is playing for a very A typical English Manager at Ipswich where technical football is not on the main menu.

I will because of you and my desire to see Dominic Iorfa see both of them live in the coming weeks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2017
komekn:

I remembered him and Chuks Aneke he was younger than Chuks but he was promoted as something very special.

And for a few years at U18, U21 and to some extent U23 level he was the main man outside of Fulham's Dembele.

But the step up from youth football to the more competitive senior game. Seems a step too far for him.

That's why always say don't be too optimistic about youth football. A few years ago Adam Morgan was hailed as the new Robbie Fowler it did not happen he is now barely 3 years later playing non- league Shocking Really.

yeah...you're right I remember the case of anichebe...who score so much goals during the age grade times...

but I believe he should be tried elsewhere in the wings....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2017
Joebie:

Aluko is not that Old, 28 is not old and it's not just football age. If to say dem born am for Warri he would be only 22/23 No shakin.

Arguably one of the most technically gifted players in the championship. Who did not play ball with NFF officials and a particular very hungry coach that's why he was shamelessly frozen out when he was playing for Hull in the EPL.

Why do you think he has not been invited, who is actually proven, tested and better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, Nomyth and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.