Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668978 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Wigan are not better than Wolfsburg. It is as simple as that. You just underrate Other leagues and live in the Euphoria of the hype. Did you see the way Napoli played Manchester City? No team in England can play with such bravery against City. We narrowly escaped with a win due to a foot save of goalkeeper Ederson.

Look at Roma vs Chelsea. It reached a time the Champions of England were trailing. If it was you, you will say Roma is not as good as any top level team in England.

Look at the trials Bayern faced so far this season leading to the sacking of Ancelotti. Contrary to your opinion, other leagues play well.

The Italian league is atop league and technically superior to the EPL. That's what I would say, furthermore I consider it be more competitive as quite a good number of teams are competing for supremacy. Which is very similar to the EPL.

The French league would have been similar but for the massive investment made by PSG which will probably mean they will win it All other leagues. Apart from the Bundesliga all the other top 6 leagues in Europe do not have one team dominating the league as Bayern have for nearly two decades..

Can I add that I have never said that the EPL is the best league in the World.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
DENMARK: Superliga - Round 13

Midtjyland 4-2 Horsens
Paul Onuachu scores Midtjyland's fourth, and clocked 90 mins. He was cautioned in the 55th. Onuachu who stands at an incredible height of just a little over 2.00 meters, has scored 14 goals and 5 assists out of 17 matches from all competitions this season.

Horsens' Ayo Okosun also posted a full shift, and was shown a yellow card in the 37th.

Onuachu the goals machine. His aerial prowess is second to none. He scores with both feet too. His agent should please take this guy to either France or Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
TURKEY: Super Lig - Round 9

Antalyaspor 2-1 Kasimpasa

Kenneth Omeruo could not prevent African football Legend, Samuel Eto'o from getting on the scoresheet. Omeruo played from start to finish for Kasimpasa in their away loss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
I agree. I think he deserves to train with SE, and who knows? grin

ChrisKels:

Onuachu the goals machine. His aerial prowess is second to none. He scores with both feet too. His agent should please take this guy to either France or Germany.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
tbaba1234:

Hmmm.. Strange because Wolfsburg trashed Fulham, a championship side (who narrowly missed promotion) 3: 0 in pre season. The game was played in England.

That's why it is called pre season because its not a competitive game of football.

Using this yardstick Gent beat Tottenham in a competitive game. The same Tottenham that held Real to a draw and neatly beat them.

So Gent is now better than Tottenham. One game doesn't decide quality but a series of games and over all performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

The Italian league is atop league and technically superior to the EPL. That's what I would say, furthermore I consider it be more competitive as quite a good number of teams are competing for supremacy. Which is very similar to the EPL.

The French league would have been similar but for the massive investment made by PSG which will probably mean they will win it All other leagues. Apart from the Bundesliga all the other top 6 leagues in Europe do not have one team dominating the league as Bayern have for nearly two decades..

Bayern Munich's status in the Champions League, where in recent occasions have made it more to the Semi-finals of the Champions League shows their dominance in the Bundesliga is not as a result of playing weak teams. Apart from Real Madrid and Barcelona, no other team has been as consistent as Bayern Munich in the Champions League. Consider how many Champions League finals they have played in recent years.

People try to write off Bundesliga because of the dominance of Bayern Munich forgetting that in the Champions League, Bayern Munich has also been dominating.

Look at the league today, Werder Bremen is in the relegation area. That shows you the strength of the league. Not using the dominance of one of the strongest team in Europe.

You rated Wigan in league 1 above Wolfsburg without the fear of God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

that's your opinion sir.....you can keep that in your archives
same league..england groom and draw their players from...and still can't match a country like Iceland...

you talk sometimes as if football is mathematics...it's like you've forgotten that team abilities and prowess goes up and down...
I remember the year when Spanish clubs won all European competitions...Europa and eufa...
that's no way to say other leagues are inferior and some other time it can be clubs from other leagues...

I expect a more matured comments from you devoid of sentiments...
same PSG and Bayern you claiming to be the all and all in their leagues will beat any English club well.....

let alone the Spanish clubs like Barcelona

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

Let me put it another way, out of sight is out of mind mostly.

When the coaches are seeing you day in day out in close and personal you stand a far greater chance of being pushed into the first team. In addition in the U18 and U23 you will be playing the same formation and football strategy of the first team. It them becomes easier for you to a proper fit for the first team, because bthatbis what you are being prepared for.

In this regard I can not see Nwakali ever playing for Arsenal. There are too many boys who are considered better than him.

That's a VERY BIG IF , that has millions of pote variables. If Osimhen was born in England he may have decided to play, basketball or rugby. So I don't think that kind of ball gazing doesn't hold any water.

They are considered better than Kelechi Nwakali not because of talent but because of where they were born. So why say where a player is born is not relevant when it is very clear in England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
I agree. I think he deserves to train with SE, and who knows? grin

I agree with you bro....
he should be invited...if shehu despite playing in Cyprus good give a good account of himself...I believe this lanky baller too will..do same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
I agree that u20 is a big step ahead of U17. Solanke has a more impressive youth record compared to Osimhen. However, at the moment,
they are both at par, as neither have been able to get on the scoresheet at their respective sides. The club and league your play is irrelevant. When they start performing, we can start making that comparing as regards the quality of the opposition, league etc.

They are not on par AT ALL BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.

Solanke is the current best U20 player in the world and is playing for a top team in a top league with World class attacking players ahead of him. Firminho, Coutinho, Mane, Sturridge, Salah, to name just a few.

Osimhen on the other hand has achieved nothing beyond small boys football in the past near two years. He is struggling to get on the bench at lowly Wolfsburg no joke he will not make it into Liverpool U18.

Finally, who is ahead of Osimhen blocking his pathway to the first team name the world class top performing attacking players please let's make a comparative analysis. To end it all who has relegated Osimhen to warm bench the striker Divock Origi that Solanke had displaced.

If Solanke was in Wolfsburg he would be first choice striker, no shakin.

This matter is concluded Solanke no be Osimhen mate.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
Humility017:

same league..england groom and draw their players from...and still can't match a country like Iceland...

you talk sometimes as if football is mathematics...it's like you've forgotten that team abilities and prowess goes up and down...
I remember the year when Spanish clubs won all European competitions...Europa and eufa...
that's no way to say other leagues are inferior and some other time it can be clubs from other leagues...

same PSG and Bayern you claiming to be the all and all in their leagues will beat any English club well.....

Precisely.

Europa League Semi-finals featured three Spanish teams. Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Valencia and a Portuguese side, Sporting Lisbon.

In the Champions League that year, the Semi-finals featured two Spanish clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Yet people try to paint the league soft because of Barca and Real Madrid's dominance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
So because he plays with Mane and co, that's an achievement.. The moment Osimhen score, back to SE.. however, don't mention Solanke around SE until he starts to perform in Liverpool. Iheanacho was delivering in Man City when we decided to give him a look in .. no free passes just because of who you rub shoulders with.

U20 na still youth football.. Solanke is a striker.. he needs to score. or at least assist..

Modified
You made the argument earlier that when a player plays with quality teammates they have an edge. That's the edge Solanke has now, at least make he assist.. then we can start talking

komekn:

Solanke is the current best U20 player in the world and is playing for a top team in a top league with World class attacking players ahead of him. Firminho, Coutinho, Mane, Sturridge, Salah, to name just a few.

Osimhen on the other hand has achieved nothing beyond small boys football in the past near two years. He is struggling to get on the bench at lowly Wolfsburg no joke he will not make it into Liverpool U18.

Finally, who is ahead of Osimhen blocking his pathway to the first team name the world class top performing attacking players please let's make a comparative analysis. To end it all who has relegated Osimhen to warm bench the striker Divock Origi that Solanke had displaced.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Precisely.

Europa League Semi-finals featured three Spanish teams. Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Valencia and a Portuguese side, Sporting Lisbon.

In the Champions League that year, the Semi-finals featured two Spanish clubs, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Yet people try to paint the league soft because of Barca and Real Madrid's dominance.
thank you big brother...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

Sturridge, Salah, Firmino and Mane World Class. Coolu Temper with the hyping. By the way, all these names you are posting can not compare to the quality of Mario Gomez in Wolfsburg.

Fear God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

You guys derive joy lying to yourselves. It seems you guys make conscious efforts to believe lies. Solanke did not displace Origi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
grin i'm sure EPL sides monitor their loanees week in week out.. They know just when they would need their services. Most are farmed out MAINLY because of the work permit issue.

Bro. make I tell as d matter be. That is the theory.

In reality the boys who are in the academy being seen by the coaches day in day out are at a distinctive advantage. Add to that relationships are formed and thier is inherent competition to push the academy boys forward beyond the boys they have paid chicken change for.

It's a business plan as well once a player plays afew games for the first team his value rises astronomically. Jerome Sinclair was never going to break in to the first team but he was given a game or two marketed correctly. Then sold to Watford for £5 million who then discovered chei bad market. Hrs not good enough. He is now in the bench warmers club at Birmingham city.

So for Liverpool they have made profit a player they bought from West Bromwich for £1 million not so long ago as a 16 year old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
What is this Felix Udorkhai feeling like sef? Because we are begging him to play for Nigeria, he feels like a German player. E go chop bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
Humility017:

At one time that was true of Bayern but not anymore they are not the same Bayern. PSG will not just beat the top clubs in the EPL just like that if at all. It was not so long ago Manchester city beat PSG but now they have Neymar and Mbappe but then city have Sane and Gabriel and De Bryn so I really can not say.

It does go up and down to some degree but the top leagues all remain in the top 5 not much change thier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

"Liverpool have indicated they may be prepared to let him leave before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night if they can complete the other business they are looking to do."

Best part of the article. I hope there's something to it.

I said earlier on today we're a bit overloaded with strikers, I think we could afford to lose Origi (or Sturridge or Ings for that matter). Shame really that it hasn't worked out for him, might have been different if Funes Mori wasn't such a massive c*nt.

Replacing Origi with a wide player gives the squad a better balance, hopefully that's Klopp's plan if this goes through.

This is an excerpt from a Liverpool forum before Origi left. You can see Solanke was not in the picture before departure of Origi.

When people say that Solanke chased Origi, it is clear they do not know what Origi brought to Liverpool. He was very comfortable on the wings. Just like Firmino. Something Solanke will need to learn to fit into Klopp's plans. Origi also brought pace and endless running. Something Solanke is yet to bring.

The replacement for Origi in Liverpool is Chamberlain as I pointed out earlier. From the excerpt, you can see that Liverpool were not ready to let Origi go until they secured Chamberlain. Not because of Solanke.

Softly with the hype.

Tomorrow, someone will write Solanke chased Origi from Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
Awoniyi score

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

"Liverpool have indicated they may be prepared to let him leave before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night if they can complete the other business they are looking to do."

Best part of the article. I hope there's something to it.

I said earlier on today we're a bit overloaded with strikers, I think we could afford to lose Origi (or Sturridge or Ings for that matter). Shame really that it hasn't worked out for him, might have been different if Funes Mori wasn't such a massive c*nt.

Replacing Origi with a wide player gives the squad a better balance, hopefully that's Klopp's plan if this goes through.

This is an excerpt from a Liverpool forum before Origi left. You can see Solanke was not in the picture before departure of Origi.

When people say that Solanke chased Origi, it is clear they do not know what Origi brought to Liverpool. He was very comfortable on the wings. Just like Firmino. Something Solanke will need to learn to fit into Rohr's plans. Origi also brought pace and endless running. Something Solanke is yet to bring.

The replacement for Origi in Liverpool is Chamberlain as I pointed out earlier. From the excerpt, you can see that Liverpool were not ready to let Origi go until they secured Chamberlain. Not because of Solanke.

Softly with the hype.

Tomorrow, someone will write Solanke chased Origi from Liverpool.

One day you will find out about me but not yet.

That's the fans forum.

But the more pertinent question is what did the coaches and backroom staff say?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

At one time that was true of Bayern but not anymore they are not the same Bayern. PSG will not just beat the top clubs in the EPL just like that if at all. It was not so long ago Manchester city beat PSG but now they have Neymar and Mbappe but then city have Sane and Gabriel and De Bryn so I really can not say.

It does go up and down to some degree but the top leagues all remain in the top 5 not much change thier.

Sane and Gabriel Jesus have a long way to go to compare with Neymar and Mbappe. What we have is teamwork. On individual abilities, PSG trumps us hands down. A team where Di Maria is on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

One day you will find out about me but not yet.

That's the fans forum.

But the more pertinent question is what did the coaches and backroom staff say?

Even if you are Collin Udoh or Robbie Savage or Kenny Dalglish, the truth remains. Solanke did not chase Origi. Those backroom people you are talking about where those who convinced Klopp to accept Solanke. Klopp did not even know him. Let alone put him in his plans to pursue Origi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
Awoniyi score

Nice one. Awo could not train with Liverpool because he did not have a work permit. Yet someone wants us to believe that place of birth is irrelevant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn:

That's why it is called pre season because its not a competitive game of football.

Using this yardstick Gent beat Tottenham in a competitive game. The same Tottenham that held Real to a draw and neatly beat them.

So Gent is now better than Tottenham. One game doesn't decide quality but a series of games and over all performance.

Does that make spurs on par with Madrid? Was it not the same side that lost to Monaco?

You are shifting the goal post. We have seen Everton could not beat a team from Cyprus at home in a competitive game.

To say wolfburg will struggle with a league 1 side is ridiculous because man for man, they have better players. Football is not mathematics but the odds favour Wolfburg

The same Solanke that could not boss it in eredivise, a weaker league will come and boss it in the German league.

I think, your english bias sometimes makes you not appreciate the quality of other leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
Joebie:
DENMARK: Superliga - Round 13

Midtjyland 4-2 Horsens
Paul Onuachu scores Midtjyland's fourth, and clocked 90 mins. He was cautioned in the 55th. Onuachu who stands at an incredible height of just a little over 2.00 meters, has scored 14 goals and 5 assists out of 17 matches from all competitions this season.

Horsens' Ayo Okosun also posted a full shift, and was shown a yellow card in the 37th.
wow this is impressive

Contributing to 19goals in 17 matches

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
That could be the biz plan because they will make more money from an academy player previously of low value.. But that does not mean they will turn a blind eye to a player who is firing all cylinders away on loan. Only you said "they have paid chicken change for" the loanees. The same biz sense applies here
komekn:

Bro. make I tell as d matter be. That is the theory.

In reality the boys who are in the academy being seen by the coaches day in day out are at a distinctive advantage. Add to that relationships are formed and thier is inherent competition to push the academy boys forward beyond the boys they have paid chicken change for.

It's a business plan as well once a player plays afew games for the first team his value rises astronomically. Jerome Sinclair was never going to break in to the first team but he was given a game or two marketed correctly. Then sold to Watford for £5 million who then discovered chei bad market. Hrs not good enough. He is now in the bench warmers club at Birmingham city.

So for Liverpool they have made profit a player they bought from West Bromwich for £1 million not so long ago as a 16 year old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
komekn travel to watch other leagues.. that first hand experience is what's causing your bias

tbaba1234:

Does that make spurs on par with Madrid? Was it not the same side that lost to Monaco?

You are shifting the goal post. We have seen Everton could not beat a team from Cyprus at home in a competitive game.

To say wolfburg will struggle with a league 1 side is ridiculous because man for man, they have better players. Football is not mathematics but the odds favour Wolfburg

The same Solanke that could not boss it in eredivise, a weaker league will come and boss it in the German league.

I think, your english bias sometimes makes you not appreciate the quality of other leagues.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
work permit is relevant na.. so it follows..

TheGoodJoe:

Nice one. Awo could not train with Liverpool because he did not have a work permit. Yet someone wants us to believe that place of birth is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
it's Denmark but he is over-performing.. That's the main point.. we should not be making calls for players that are not performing.. I don't care where they play, they just have to perform.

kingphilip:
wow this is impressive

Contributing to 19goals in 17 matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You guys derive joy lying to yourselves. It seems you guys make conscious efforts to believe lies. Solanke did not displace Origi.

Na lie,forget say d guy use us "wash"

If he agrees today,he will pair up with balogun at d back grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What are you talking? As if we did not read this article when it came out and is this not the same hype you guys were shouting upandan.

Origi started games for Klopp. Origi was someone who got the nod when Klopp replaced Firmino and Mane.

Until now Solanke is yet to come close to that status at Liverpool and you want people to believe that displacement talk.

With or without Solanke's arrival, Origi would have still left Liverpool. That is not displacing.

Did Iheanacho come close to the status of Dzeko when0 you claimed he displaced Dzeko? shocked ;D0

Do you mean with or without Iheanacho arrival, Dzeko would have left Manchester City? shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m), oloriooko(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.