Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11641757 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
other players only say it, but he shows it

junnyjake:

I tell you, even when he's not playing, he doesn't look bothered all he's concerned about is the team's success.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
Tbaba1234, What's up with our boy Imoh Ezekiel??

That boy was something else in the Belgian league, had an impressive outing with the U-23 at the Olympics, he's suddenly gone under the radar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
I want Oliseh to do well, but not extremely well. An arrogant man should see failure, that's the only way they get to learn, and grow.

junnyjake:
Oliseh Blames Hard Luck For Fortuna’s Loss To Cambuur

Source: completesportsnigeria.com

Nov 18, 2017 9:40 AM

Former Nigeria international, Sunday Oliseh, has described his Dutch second division club Fortuna Sittard’s 1-0 away loss to 10-man Cambuur in Friday’s league game as unlucky, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

A Marvin Peersman’s second minute goal, sealed the slim victory for Cambuur.

Cambuur were reduced to 10 men in the 32nd minute following a straight red card shown to Bryan Smeets.

Despite playing majority of the game with a man advantage, Fortuna Sittard could not break down Cambuur’s resolute defence.

Reacting to the loss, Oliseh who was a former coach of the Super Eagles from 2015 to 2016, expressed satisfaction with his team’s performance.

“I’m proud about the young team. Worked hard and created chances. Needed a bit of luck. We need to focus on the next game,” Oliseh said on Fortuna’s verified Twitter handle.

The defeat which was Fortuna’s fourth league of the league seaaon, means they are now third on 23 points in the league table.

They are seven points adrift of leaders NEC Nijmegen.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
he's had some game time for his new club, Konyaspor(?)

Modified
Yes, from 11 Super Lig games, have only made the starting line up, once. The other times, he's played from the bench.
A total of 161 minutes so far. 2 yellow cards

junnyjake:
Tbaba1234, What's up with our boy Imoh Ezekiel??

That boy was something else in the Belgian league, had an impressive outing with the U-23 at the Olympics, he's suddenly gone under the radar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:

Loyalty??

Loyalty won't win us games instead brilliant performance will.

The question however is, are these the players capable of posting brilliant performances??

What do we even call "experience" I've seen that word fly around here most of the time for the wrong application.

The fact that one is older than the other isn't the only thing that should set you apart, still yet that's enough for many.

What are you experienced in?? For Akpeyi, he's the oldest in the team, he finds it difficult to compose himself, finds it difficult to grab crosses, is that the kind of experience we need?? (same for Ezenwa)

Echilejile's experience cannot add pace to his game, and if he still can't make up with his positioning, then we don't need his experience.

If a very young person can come up to solve our inadequacies, then forget experience and all the vagueness involved.

The only reason Omuero would be dropped is if we get one of those German boys and he impresses.
True talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
Mujtahida:

I'm sorry to say this - from reading you here I have the impression that most of our players are not good enough in your eyes and I don't think you'd be satisfied until our first eleven is made up thus:

------------------------Arthur Okonkwo - - - - - - - - - - -

Aina/Odubajo - - - Iorfa - - - Fikayo T- - - SeyiOjo

Onyedinma----- Aneke /Aluko - - - Josh Onomah

Solanke - - - - - Tammy - - - - - - - Edun

It's quite remarkable that 10 people liked this nonsensical proposition.

I like unquestionably.

Mikel
Ighalo
Iheanacho
Iwobi
Ndidi
Ekong

This is the core of the SE

Essentially where have they come from the EPL Ekong was at Fulham before going to Tottenham.

If we look at the FIFA national team rankings and look at the top 5 teams. You will find they will all have a good number of players from the EPL who are core players in the team. Some teams will have over 5 players.

Tayo Edun -Okonkwo are not in consideration essentially youth players. However, if we can invite Osimhen, Nwakali then why not them

Odubanjo is recovering from long term injuy and will need sometime to recover so can not be in consideration.

Fikayo watched him a lot simply not good enough.

Dominic Iorfa, versatile plays both RB & CB very fast, strong, good strong but not as technically astute as I would like. Needs to be tested in the SE with a proper invitation. Not on the pages of newspapers.

Seyi Ojo is a left sided player versatile although plays mainly on the left wing. Bought from MK Dons at 14 years old for £1.8 million. He has already played for Liverpool fc first team was part of if Englands World cup U20 winning team. Rejected a move to Newcastle fc with a bid of £10 million plus. Very pacy is he good enough for the SE a big resounding Yes. Needs to be invited officially not on the pages of newspapers.

Onyedinma is a technically astute player loosing his way in a now kick and rush team. Once courted by Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man U very unwisely ( actually foolishly ) declined and decided to stay at Millwall. Big mistake he needs to move because those are past glories and prove himself. Even this summer rejected a move to Watford. He was hot last season but now

Aluko and Tega Onomah are top quality undoubted it may now prove problematic too get Tega. He is fast becoming a an exceptional player. Both these players will add immense immediate and unparalleled quality to the SE in my opinion.

Aneke is possibly the most outstanding midfielder in League one. Once dubbed the new Yaya Toure by Wenger. He in my opinion would be in direct contention with Ogu, but brings more to the table. He is a lot faster and is free scoring. Injury has stopped his progression somewhat but watch the January transfer window dont be surprised to see him in the EPL.

Solanke and Tega are top quality. But as it stands they are caught up in the three Lions.

When Sunday Mba was Hot. I was in the forefront of bringing him to a premiership club in 2013, unknown to him. The politics around him and his multiple agents was too much. I withdrew.

Not tribalism sentiment , I really like Etebo went to watch him at Warri Wolves. Well before he went to Portugal. I do feel hus development into a top player is being curtailed in the quest for money over player development. I know Bournemouth were interested in him at one stage.

The issue is not the emotive liking of a player but the ability of a player to perform.

In this regard I like Shehu and Aina more so than Ebuehi I see a lot of promise . One game doesn't make a player and I have seen much more consistency in Shehu. I actually think that if Shehu had come on in the 2nd half with the new clear structure and pattern he would have been more outstanding.

I feel very strongly that JOEL OBI should be in the SE unquestionably. There is no rational reason why he should not be there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kog45:
Pls remove Musa cos is already part of the team,we have seen Nwakaeme,not convincing.

Let see more of Kayode,Oyekwuru and Onuachi Paul may be they w add something to the team.

But for now Iheanacho and Ighalo are sure bet.
If Kayode, Onyekuru and Musa join Moses, Victor, Ighalo and Iheanacho in our attack we don set be that. But that would mean we have to take five midfielders instead of six. Anyway na Rohr sabi ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
We've seen Ekong again and again trying hard to be a ball playing defender, but it has not quite worked for him, he's still young though and I hope he keeps learning.

Else I'd suggest he the-all-ball-out kinda defender, just like Eric Bailly of Manutd. Long passes out of the danger areas would also be good, just like Mujtahida observed Awaziem did and was part of the buildup to 2 of the goals we scored against Argentina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2017
komekn:

gringringringringringrin
Hahahahahaha hahahahaha, he was merely trying to make light of the situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kenneth Omeruo, after his Argentina performance, has made a strong case.

junnyjake:

Loyalty??

Loyalty won't win us games instead brilliant performance will.

The question however is, are these the players capable of posting brilliant performances??

What do we even call "experience" I've seen that word fly around here most of the time for the wrong application.

The fact that one is older than the other isn't the only thing that should set you apart, still yet that's enough for many.

What are you experienced in?? For Akpeyi, he's the oldest in the team, he finds it difficult to compose himself, finds it difficult to grab crosses, is that the kind of experience we need?? (same for Ezenwa)

Echilejile's experience cannot add pace to his game, and if he still can't make up with his positioning, then we don't need his experience.

If a very young person can come up to solve our inadequacies, then forget experience and all the vagueness involved.

The only reason Omuero would be dropped is if we get one of those German boys and he impresses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
Joebie:
he's had some game time for his new club, Konyaspor(?)

Modified
Yes, from 11 Super Lig games, have only made the starting line up, once. The other times, he's played from the bench.
A total of 161 minutes so far. 2 yellow cards

I feel for that guy sha,

I hope things change for him.

he should be the one competing with Onyekuru, musa and I even rated him higher S.Moses seriously.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Joebie:

I'm OK with him and Awaziem being our backup CBs, don't know if any of those German boys can displace him yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:
We've seen Ekong again and again trying hard to be a ball playing defender, but it has not quite worked for him, he's still young though and I hope he keeps learning.

Else I'd suggest he the-all-ball-out kinda defender, just like Eric Bailly of Manutd. Long passes out of the danger areas would also be good, just like Mujtahida observed Awaziem did and was part of the buildup to 2 of the goals we scored against Argentina.
It's Balogun that even wanted to try balling and nearly paid for it. He was lucky if not he would have seen how fickle fans are. And Balogun is a sensitive guy. Good words motivate him alot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
Joebie:
I want Oliseh to do well, but not extremely well. An arrogant man should see failure, that's the only way they get to learn, and grow.

I like that.

Else, he sees nothing wrong with him and doesn't sees the need to change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by weownthewest: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
I see Nigeria being grouped with Brazil Iceland and Switzerland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Mujtahida:

Only God knows why this should happen to you Ikeme. You are sorely missed. Just to imagine your formidable and imposing self in goal for us with this beautiful football we are playing now makes me feel the pain of your absence anew. Get well Bro. You might not see this but the Universe will surely register my good wishes in your heart. Cheers

Life ain't fair.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
Mujtahida:

It's Balogun that even wanted to try balling and nearly paid for it. He was lucky if not he would have seen how fickle fans are. And Balogun is a sensitive guy. Good words motivate him alot.

Balogun has been brilliant with his ball playing except for recently. We've seen him a couple of times drive forward to join the attack, I'm sure he'd overcome this his present situation and come out tops.

For Ekong, he's not been as great as his counterpart, he's misplaced a couple of passes that as a result put the defence in trouble.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2017
weownthewest:
I see Nigeria being grouped with Brazil Iceland and Switzerland.

There's that possibility.

With recent happenings, I've learnt to not doubt but wait and see.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2017
exactly my point.

junnyjake:

I like that.

Else, he sees nothing wrong with him and doesn't sees the need to change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
junnyjake:

Balogun lack pace we comot him Ekong lack ball playing we comot him wetin one remain for the team.

Definitely Rohr cannot do without the pairing unless we are deceiving ourselves.I just hope they work on their shortcomings before WC.

I watched Felix Uduokhai and Kelvin Akpoguma with interest, though they are very good players but not better than Balogun, Ekong, Awaziem and with Omeruo in good form they can't pushed him aside.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
yes, first things first. they agree, then they play, then we'll see.

junnyjake:

I'm OK with him and Awaziem being our backup CBs, don't know if any of those German boys can displace him yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
Joebie:

In football OPPORTUNITY is key.

Omeruo has made a strong case in comparison to whom there is almost zero competition so he just walks in.

We need a lot more players to be tested at CB because the comparison pool is simply non - existent.

Is he better than Obaboana, they play in the same Turkish league, I do not know. Is he better than Iorfa When Iorfa was a teenager at Wolves he was winning MOTM awards and best young player in the same season Omeruo was playing at Middlesbrough. Omeruo did not win anything.

In all honesty if you are doing well in the championship other clubs both EPL and Championship willl come for you. Efe Ambrose was courted by Brighton and Hove but work permit issues stopped the move. Is Omeruo better than Efe I simply do not know there is no competition for him as well as the other defenders.

A Nigerian input international left the EPL to go to Turkey obviously he considered the €€££$$$.

He came back to the EPL and he told me simply that the pace and intensity is so much different. That it will take him time to adjust if ever at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2017
Imoh Ezekiel was so good that Belgium wanted him at a point in time. I think his move to Qatar slowed down his development.

junnyjake:

I feel for that guy sha,

I hope things change for him.

he should be the one competing with Onyekuru, musa and I even rated him higher S.Moses seriously.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2017
Oboabona is now in Saudi Arabia.
And you are right there is need for more competition there still.

komekn:

In football OPPORTUNITY is key.

Omeruo has made a strong case in comparison to whom there is almost zero competition so he just walks in.

We need a lot more players to be tested at CB because the comparison pool is simply non - existent.

Is he better than Obaboana, they play in the same Turkish league, I do not know. Is he better than Iorfa When Iorfa was a teenager at Wolves he was winning MOTM awards and best young player in the same season Omeruo was playing at Middlesbrough. Omeruo did not win anything.

In all honesty if you are doing well in the championship other clubs both EPL and Championship willl come for you. Efe Ambrose was courted by Brighton and Hove but work permit issues stopped the move. Is Omeruo better than Efe I simply do not know there is no competition for him as well as the other defenders.

A Nigerian input international left the EPL to go to Turkey obviously he considered the €€££$$$.

He came back to the EPL and he told me simply that the pace and intensity is so much different. That it will take him time to adjust if ever at all

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
komekn:

I like unquestionably.

Mikel
Ighalo
Iheanacho
Iwobi
Ndidi
Ekong

This is the core of the SE

Essentially where have they come from the EPL Ekong was at Fulham before going to Tottenham.

If we look at the FIFA national team rankings and look at the top 5 teams. You will find they will all have a good number of players from the EPL who are core players in the team. Some teams will have over 5 players.

Tayo Edun -Okonkwo are not in consideration essentially youth players. However, if we can invite Osimhen, Nwakali then why not them

Odubanjo is recovering from long term injuy and will need sometime to recover so can not be in consideration.

Fikayo watched him a lot simply not good enough.

Dominic Iorfa, versatile plays both RB & CB very fast, strong, good strong but not as technically astute as I would like. Needs to be tested in the SE with a proper invitation. Not on the pages of newspapers.

Seyi Ojo is a left sided player versatile although plays mainly on the left wing. Bought from MK Dons at 14 years old for £1.8 million. He has already played for Liverpool fc first team was part of if Englands World cup U20 winning team. Rejected a move to Newcastle fc with a bid of £10 million plus. Very pacy is he good enough for the SE a big resounding Yes. Needs to be invited officially not on the pages of newspapers.

Onyedinma is a technically astute player loosing his way in a now kick and rush team. Once courted by Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man U very unwisely ( actually foolishly ) declined and decided to stay at Millwall. Big mistake he needs to move because those are past glories and prove himself. Even this summer rejected a move to Watford. He was hot last season but now

Aluko and Tega Onomah are top quality undoubted it may now prove problematic too get Tega. He is fast becoming a an exceptional player. Both these players will add immense immediate and unparalleled quality to the SE in my opinion.

Aneke is possibly the most outstanding midfielder in League one. Once dubbed the new Yaya Toure by Wenger. He in my opinion would be in direct contention with Ogu, but brings more to the table. He is a lot faster and is free scoring. Injury has stopped his progression somewhat but watch the January transfer window dont be surprised to see him in the EPL.

Solanke and Tega are top quality. But as it stands they are caught up in the three Lions.

When Sunday Mba was Hot. I was in the forefront of bringing him to a premiership club in 2013, unknown to him. The politics around him and his multiple agents was too much. I withdrew.

Not tribalism sentiment , I really like Etebo went to watch him at Warri Wolves. Well before he went to Portugal. I do feel hus development into a top player is being curtailed in the quest for money over player development. I know Bournemouth were interested in him at one stage.

The issue is not the emotive liking of a player but the ability of a player to perform.

In this regard I like Shehu and Aina more so than Ebuehi I see a lot of promise . One game doesn't make a player and I have seen much more consistency in Shehu. I actually think that if Shehu had come on in the 2nd half with the new clear structure and pattern he would have been more outstanding.

I feel very strongly that JOEL OBI should be in the SE unquestionably. There is no rational reason why he should not be there.
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha @the bolded. You call it nonsensical but that comment sums up the impression you've given lots of us here.

See we all have our biases. Yours is at two levels: first you so much believe in the EPL to the extent you are blind to the fact that good players exist in Lower leagues
Secondly you believe so much in the 'innit boys'. I understand. I have my own bias too.

Do you know some among us here would want at least two or three home based players to go to Russia just for the satisfaction of their prejudice? Wait let CHAN begin(and I'm not saying it's bad. I'm only pointing out our prejudices)

You see the way we rush names here? If Rohr were to follow this approach he won't have a team. But he's doing it gradually, gradually. Once you get sufficient buzz you get invited to come show your stuff. It's happened to Onyekuru, then Nwakaeme and lately Uzoho. Only Nwakali took everyone by surprise.

Again you seem to forget something very crucial as regards our UK based FB players. Granted they are Nigerians and you know I've been in the vanguard of those calling for a better way of engagement with them but this issue of convincing them, switching nationalities etc makes them getting invitations not so straight forward. For example the NFF extends invitation to Nwakali, he hops on the plane and next thing he's in camp. No long story. Same cannot be done with Onyedinma for example. And we should not forget that Rohr has his eyes on some FBs who are not based in the UK(and somehow they seem easy to get compared to the hysteria, recriminations and wailings that follows our every move on the UK based FBs). Holland did not cry when Ebuehi switched, I doubt Germany would when Bazee and any other German born Nig player switches.

So it's gradual. It's not easy to build something. And mind you though it would sound sentimental we must avoid a situation where our team is completely taken over by FBs cos if we adopt your suggestion that's where it would lead us to and it would create it's own backlash.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2017
Follow our own @noahbazee he has only 207 followers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Mujtahida:

Guy, thanks for the sweet revelation. I enjoyed it. But please edit and delete that part. This is Internet age. Before you know now it would go viral and trust you know we can yarn online. Abeg edit am ooo

Done. Thanks for d advice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kog45:
My man remember Nduka Ugbade wasn't rewarded despite played a huge part in our qualification to US 94 even at Tunisia 94,he was dropped for Mike Emenalo.

Isaac Semitoje wasn't rewarded for playing in qualification stage to US 94 even despite being a member of victorious Tunisia 94,he was dropped for Chidi Nwanu.

Jonathan Akpoborie was dropped for Rashidi Yekini in 1998.

Wilson Oruma was dropped at the last stage of preparation toward 2002 WC for James Obiorah.

I don't think there is any compensation for being member of the team from onset,if a better player is seen you are dropped.

Only Mikel Obi has the assurance as a captain of the team.

OK let me be sentimental,may be Vic Moses, Balogun, Ekong,Iheanacho, Iwobi,Ighalo can have that assurance.

Echiejele, Musa just need to work harder cos a lot of guys are knocking,any poor performance they are out.

With regards to Ugbade how was that possible I mean no disrespect Emenalo was a carpenter playing at Northampton Town.

Oruma was in direct contention with JJay and the politics of Nigerian football took over.

The disgraceful removal of Finidi and Oliseh for exposing blatant corruption. Shows we still have some issues to deal with even now.

To deviate corruption is alive and kicking despite all the exposes of sharp practices. I don't recall one person ever being indicted in the last 10 years. Or do you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
The EPL remains the limelight. The belief here is that the players in the Championship need to get to the EPL and prove themselves, same view many have of other second tier leagues.

Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha @the bolded. You call it nonsensical but that comment sums up the impression you've given lots of us here.

See we all have our biases. Yours is at two levels: first you so much believe in the EPL to the extent you are blind to the fact that good players exist in Lower leagues
Secondly you believe so much in the 'innit boys'. I understand. I have my own bias too.

Do you know some among us here would want at least two or three home based players to go to Russia just for the satisfaction of their prejudice? Wait let CHAN begin(and I'm not saying it's bad. I'm only pointing out our prejudices)

You see the way we rush names here? If Rohr were to follow this approach he won't have a team. But he's doing gradually, gradually. Once you get sufficient buzz you get invited to come show your stuff. It's happened to Onyekuru, Nwakaeme lately Uzoho. Only Nwakali took everyone by surprise.

Again you seem to forget something very crucial as regards our UK based FB players. Granted they are Nigerians and you know I've been in the vanguard of those calling for a better way of engagement with them but this issue of convincing them, switching nationalities etc makes them getting invitations not so straight forward. For example the NFF extends invitation to Nwakali, he hops on the plane and he's in camp. Same cannot be done with Onyedinma for example. And we should not forget that Rohr has his eyes on some FBs who are not based in the UK(and somehow they seem easy to get compared to the hysteria, recriminations and wailings that follows our every move on the UK based FBs). Holland did not cry when Ebuehi switched, I doubt Germany would when Bazee and any other German born Nig player switches.

So it's gradual. It's not easy to build something. And mind you though it would sound sentimental we must avoid a situation where our team is completely taken over by FBs cos if we adopt your suggestion that's where it would lead us to and it would create it's own backlash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
Danycrusoe:

to me this is segregation. they are also Super Eagles just that they are Home Based and as far as this thread remains the Super eagles thread the Chan Eagles will be discussed as well. thank u

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
Kog45:
Balogun lack pace we comot him Ekong lack ball playing we comot him wetin one remain for the team.

Definitely Rohr cannot do without the pairing unless we are deceiving ourselves.I just hope they work on their shortcomings before WC.

I watched Felix Uduokhai and Kelvin Akpoguma with interest, though they are very good players but not better than Balogun, Ekong, Awaziem and with Omeruo in good form they can't pushed him aside.
Ekong has pace ooo. His only problem is that he always makes one or two wrong passes from the back but all his other game is tight - tackles, interceptions, aerial duels and lately he is beginning to show leadership.
Balogun just needs to get back into shape. He himself knows that he has to.
If we get one of out of Akpoguma, Torunarigha or Uduokhai our defence don set. Remember Balogun is not getting any younger. We need those guys NOW for the future.

Thank God that the match against Zambia and , Algeria exposed Balogun(in a youtube video which I have posted here, he himself criticised his performance against Zambia and was anxious about his performance against Algeria) and the friendly against Argentina again. He will work on himself. These guys are really really determined to do us proud and none of them wants to let the nation down. I believe they will work on their shortcomings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
Yes I noticed when he got his first Liga NOS cap.
Is he still getting game time?
Let me check

Modified
Currently out. He just had a knee operation.
Height: 1.93m

junnyjake:
Who else is monitoring this Junior Pius - a 20 year old who plays as a 1st teamer for Tondela FC in Portugal.

I have a feeling that boy would come good in no time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, enlady(f), zuchyblink(m), elyte89, joxxy01(m), do4luv14(m), BankyGee(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.