Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699782 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
cromz:
what are ogbeche's stats in the last 5 years am not talking about form am talking about consistency
it is based on form that players will be getting invites to the national team, not based on consistency.

You're in form, you get invite...you lose form, you lose invite, case-in-point, Ighalo and Omeruo.

If Ogbeche decided to save his goal scoring prowess till this year, no wahala, make we try am. After all, the world cup is only for a month tops, we don't need a five-year long performance.

More than half our current team were not even playing professional football five years ago, so, that one no concern us...

Anybody in form currently, drop your file for Rohr gate o jare grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:
Croatian fans comment

could have had an easier group. I would have preferred to play a lesser known Asian country. Playing Iceland is good for us I think because we still have something to prove because we lost to them and even though they are getting results we should beat them realistically 9 times out of 10. Iceland plays on heart and hard work. They outwork you. Even the game we lost was not reflective of who controlled the game. The game we won 2-0 Iceland barely passed half. When we think a team is too easy we drop our level so I think playing Iceland is a good reminder that anything can happen which will force Cro to not take them lightly and come out playing. So we literally have 3 games where we won’t be taking it easy I think and that’s when we play best.
With Nigeria being the youngest team in the tournament I think it’s good we open with them considering they may be more nervous. My only worry is them being fast playing with nothing to lose and us being late to a ball resulting in a card or PK a la Lovren. Other than that we should progress if we play to our standard. We need a good result the first game.

I saw this comment on the site too
"I saw an interesting start about Nigeria. They had by far the fewest percent of goals scored after making ten passes out of any team in the tournament
Not sure if this means they are simply a counter attacking team, strong on set pieces, or just not good at soccer but faster than everyone else"

I believe the bolded to be the case

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
safarigirl:
it is based on form that players will be getting invites to the national team, not based on consistency.

You're in form, you get invite...you lose form, you lose invite, case-in-point, Ighalo and Omeruo.

If Ogbeche decided to save his goal scoring prowess till this year, no wahala, make we try am. After all, the world cup is only for a month tops, we don't need a five-year long performance.

More than half our current team were not even playing professional football five years ago, so, that one no concern us...

Anybody in form currently, drop your file for Rohr gate o jare grin

martins is in form and is consistent many of the players in form now may lose form come june so it's all about consistency

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
cromz:
martins is in form and is consistent many of the players in form now may lose form come june so it's all about consistency
Martins too may lose form or get injured sef between now and June...nothing is set in stone

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03am On Dec 04, 2017
smh.. winning team.. how many players in this team have been in the past SE teams before Rohr?
You are really wise.. I gbadu u!

PurpleHouse:
Yes! My reasoning lacks logic. Maybe your mumuness merits logic oga philosopher. So You want us to distrupt a winning team to create space for your fantasies? You guys are not the coach and you won't allow him do his job! It was logic that qualified us for the world cup ba? Apart from a goal keeper and maybe one or two defenders, we are good to go! We are moving forward and not backward. Someone scores, call him! Another dude scores, call him... Why don't we just call the gods too? Ehn mr logic?
Anyway, I know your IQ is too small to decode my reasoning. So you can go ahead with your Fallacies!
And do me a favour... screw yourself!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:12am On Dec 04, 2017
I fear oh!
Joel Obi nko?.. I find this amusing

Certitude:

Perhaps... Why is inviting Ogbeche seen as disrupting team chemistry but Martins inclusion perfect. They ve been away and same rules apply to them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14am On Dec 04, 2017
That's the point. Are you now with me -- #TeamPerformance?
Or you are just #TeamPerformanceWhoMustBeYoung

safarigirl:
did Martins qualify us for the world cup?

If he is a prospect, why can't others who are putting up good performances be? Why should he be the only person Rohr should look at? Is he the best prospect we have currently? Is Dennis Bonaventure not posting great numbers in a better league? Is Ogbeche also not doing same? Why should Martins be the only player Rohr should bring into the fold? A fold he is not even part of,

Every eligible Nigerian doing well for his club, should be considered for the World Cup team, not just Martins.

It is only a player's agent that will come online and blatantly say that someone playing in China is the ONLY one worth being called up. An aging player at that, not even a young one.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:16am On Dec 04, 2017
Yes, Bonaventure has been in the SE fold!

PurpleHouse:
You're channelling this question to the wrong innocent person mam.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:20am On Dec 04, 2017
she already said you lose form you lose invite..
But if Rohr thinks you are still valuable, then so be it.

cromz:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:21am On Dec 04, 2017
Joebie:
That's the point. Are you now with me -- #TeamPerformance?
Or you are just #TeamPerformanceWhoMustBeYoung

I'm #TeamBabyBoys grin

Just can't stand people who think only Martins should be considered. From the get go, na Dessers I wan make e collect that last spot.... Not all these last minute, fire brigade people

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:24am On Dec 04, 2017
lol.. ehen na because Martins short eh.. I don catch u
#TeamBabyBoyOgbecheToo

safarigirl:
I'm #TeamBabyBoys grin

Just can't stand people who think only Martins should be considered. From the get go, na Dessers I wan make e collect that last spot.... Not all these last minute, fire brigade people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Joebie:
lol.. ehen na because Martins short eh.. I don catch u
#TeamBabyBoyOgbecheToo

na because Martins dey like who dey pack cement, no be just the short grin

I kuku no sabi wetin Ogbeche resemble, that one is just to rile up Team Martins.

I'm a Dessers fangirl grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:30am On Dec 04, 2017
Wayo
Na because of you I say Ogbeche is ahead of Dessers. make I rile you up too.

safarigirl:
na because Martins dey like who dey pack cement, no be just the short grin

I kuku no sabi wetin Ogbeche resemble, that one is just to rile up Team Martins.

I'm a Dessers fangirl grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Joebie:
Wayo
Na because of you I say Ogbeche is ahead of Dessers. make I rile you up too.

Ogbeche kuku no fit dey ahead of Dessers. If you tell Ogbeche today, that he is ahead of Dessers for SE call-up, e go laugh you grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:41am On Dec 04, 2017
Dem dey the same boat as regards SE call up.
if you no know dem dey hold hands dey pray together every night for SE call up.
But when Dessers score last sef? The last couple times dem bench am.

safarigirl:
Ogbeche kuku no fit dey ahead of Dessers. If you tell Ogbeche today, that he is ahead of Dessers for SE call-up, e go laugh you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:50am On Dec 04, 2017
Ogbeche's recent stats:

In the order of pics:
1. Current 17/18 stats
2. 2nd half of 16/17 marred with injury
3. 1st half of 16/17 with only 336 minutes played
4. 15/16 season

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:51am On Dec 04, 2017
komekn:

Please can I buy you a bottle of champagne or whatever your favourite drink is
404 with sapele water will do the trick if shayo bar is your thing. You can order a bottle of Armand de Brignac if you want to go expensive grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:01am On Dec 04, 2017
safarigirl:
Martins too may lose form or get injured sef between now and June...nothing is set in stone

If Martins...y not predict same for KC grin grin,DTS what we call LOPSIDED WISH grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:55am On Dec 04, 2017
A 1978 World Cup Argentina player just stated that Argentina will beat Nigeria come June 26, 2018.

Why? Not because we don't have the quality but because our players do not attain their full potentials.

Food for thought.

Happy New week.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2017
onyekuru is highly needed in world cup provided he is fit..That boy is really good
At the moment he is joint top scorer this season with 8goals

We really need hot friendlies eg Brazil/Uraguay, Germany/Sweden, France/Belgium

I will hate to see echiejile in world cup especially as we have better young players. make echiejile no just come block space, he has nothing to offer super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2017
emmyspark007:
onyekuru is highly needed in world cup provided he is fit..That boy is really good
At the moment he is joint top scorer this season with 8goals

We really need hot friendlies eg Brazil/Uraguay, Germany/Sweden, France/Belgium

[b]I [b]will hate to see echiejile in world cup especially as we have better young players. make echiejile no just come block space, he has nothing to offer super eagl[/b]e[/b]s
where were ur young players during the qualifiers undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Martins form didn't start this season. He has been inform for the past 5 years in a role

I guess we need to invite fanendo Adi who has been in fantastic form for 5 years too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:23am On Dec 04, 2017
shogz89:
A Nigerian has gone on to that Croatian site registered and the first thing he does was to rain courses on them,, and the person is probably from this group.. We should learn to be civil and not portray an image that will always bring hate to this country. It's so uncalled for.
It's not difficult to fish out the culprit.
The way insults flow from all cylinders on this thread, you begin to wonder what moral men we are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2017
terzurum5:

The way insults flow from all cylinders on this thread, you begin to wonder what moral men we are.
oya fish out the culprit now.....grin

If say pesin no talk, who you for accuse?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2017
terzurum5:

Lol. Oga how you wan do am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
UZoho should be in your main list. He's most likely going to earn a place in the 23 man list.

If Uzoho should make the list then Dele Alampasu should also because Dele Alampasu is third choice goalkeeper in the Portuguese first division while Uzoho is currently a division 3 keeper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2017
terzurum5:

oga, I disagree.

That person is not likely to come out of the thread.

At least not from the regulars here.

That person obviously did not go there to analyze football because he obviously lacks the analytical abilities.

If I had an opportunity to be on such a forum I know how I would have tackled them. And I am sure same goes for the regulars here.

I have gotten to a stage here where when I read a comment I don't need to look at the moniker before knowing whose comment it is.

That person, from the comment he made, cannot be one of us here.

It is even more disappointing that u are the one making this kind of comment. You should be a defender of the thread you created and not the other way round.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:12am On Dec 04, 2017
Did u know that ifeanyi Mathew is rated among the top 3 midfielders in the Norwegian league. He is his team's best midfielder (if not best player) and he steered them away from relegation, and just two days ago, he was his usual midfield maestro and won his team the Norwegian FA cup. He played every minute of his team's games this season with about 4goals to his name plus many man of the match awards. I read sometime last window that he was wanted by Anderletch but opted to stay back to save his team from relegation.

Now that begs the question "what was the rationale behind Nwakali's invitation?"

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:16am On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:
Did u know that ifeanyi Mathew is rated among the top 3 midfielders in the Norwegian league. He is his team's best midfielder (if not best player) and he steered them away from relegation, and just two days ago, he was his usual midfield maestro and won his team the Norwegian FA cup. He played every minute of his team's games this season with about 4goals to his name plus many man of the match awards. I read sometime last window that he was wanted by Anderletch but opted to stay back to save his team from relegation.

Now that begs the question "what was the rationale behind Nwakali's invitation?"
he came to snap picture. Una no see all the pics the guy post for IG during the last international break?

Na wa o, some of una no want make these people play, okay, just add them make dem snap with Mikel, na still wahala tongue

Don't worry, you will not see him next time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2017
binhozie:

I guess we need to invite fanendo Adi who has been in fantastic form for 5 years too

No wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:27am On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

If Uzoho should make the list then Dele Alampasu should also because Dele Alampasu is third choice goalkeeper in the Portuguese first division while Uzoho is currently a division 3 keeper.
Uzoho plays regularly for his club. Such is not the case with Alampasu.

And Uzoho plays for Deportivo team B, not C. And he's first choice.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2017
Any links to super eagles players weekend roundups cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, Hanibal(m), owbabs and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.