Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11701205 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

In this case, Francis Uzoho is ahead of Axel Werner and Eduardo Carvalho.

I see.

Eduardo Carvalho is 35 years old, a seasoned professional with over 30 caps for Portugal.

Axel Werner is 21 years old and is not playing games. He is not even on the bench.

He is in the same boat as Alampasu. A youth team player not playing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Icon4s:

Hmmm.. this Okoye matter me I no dey o. Rohr can invite him if he wants.

I rather we call back Enyeama abeg.

Okoye, Uzoho and Alampasu can take over after the world cup.

The FIFA World Cup is not for kids.

Maybe just one of them can make the squad for the exposure.

I say we see Enyeama in our next high profile friendly. If he still good to go, we keep him just for the World Cup. If he doesn't look sharp enough then we are condemned to chosing between the devil and the deep Blue sea.

If Enyeama refuses to return, we have to make do.

I think Uzoho can do a job. Afterall, Ondoa was in Barca B when he became Cameroon's number 1.

Perhaps, Ajiboye can also do the job.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
PDPGuy:
Random fun fact:

Russia has ELEVEN time zones shocked

Yeah but most, if not all the games, are concentrated in the western part of Russia with about 3 or 4 different time zones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
The return of the beast

Long-term injury absentee Isaac Success back in training with Watford

Watford Observer

Watford's Isaac Success has returned to the training pitch and will take part in his first full session next week.

Elsewhere Miguel Britos is a doubt for tomorrow's game with Spurs but could be fit enough to feature, while Will Hughes is rated as a possibility for next week's trip to Burnley.

Success is only seen as a bit-part player at Vicarage Road, but may find himself a part of Marco Silva's squad when fit again purely because of a lack of numbers at the club.

Silva, publicly unhappy with the decision to let Nordin Amrabat leave on loan in August, has been left short of wide players and Success' return will at least help him to rotate players over the busy Christmas period.

Younes Kaboul and Nathaniel Chalobah are both still sidelined by injury with no return date yet set.

He said: "There is nothing new on the injury front.

"There's still some doubts, it looks difficult for Will [Hughes] for tomorrow and maybe for the next match [at Burnley] as well.

"Still, we have a doubt over [Miguel] Britos as well. Isaac [Success] has started to come back into training, soon he will be back into full training, probably next week."

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/15697736.Long_term_absentee_back_in_training_and_another_injury_doubt_may_be_back_for_Spurs/

©Copyright 2001-2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
emmyspark007:

Lol grin

Do u seriously want to compare enyeama with any of those small Boys

Once enyeama gets a club and comes to super eagles; he will be our undisputed first choice gk

What is stopping him from getting a club since he is so good ? Wasn't it the same Enyeama that stood at the post when Argentina hit us 3 :1 in a Friendly Match in 2011, later hit us 3 :2 in world cup 2014 group F.

Enyeama is not Buffon, you guys are making him look like he is one. Other countries are building a team that will last them for 5 to 6 years we are here trying to get all the tired legs back. For the fact that we qualified Without their experience proves that their experience is over hyped and also anybody can be good. Their big box of experience could not get them to quater final. I'm tired of us doing same thing over and over again regarless of the poor result.

I have always been dreaming of a day in the Super Eagles when Enyeama will not be too relivant to for us to taste new young talents. This rare opportunity will be a waste if we don't give these young talents the benefit of doubt they deserve.

Na so we waste the opportunity of having a player like Alaba in our team, though a different scenario. Catch them young and cap these this so called "small boys" now before it will b too late.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

I think Uzoho can do a job. Afterall, Ondoa was in Barca B when he became Cameroon's number 1.

Initially am always thinking of Enyeama but for now i don't take him into consideration cos he has retired from Eagles until he said am available again but for now i will have Uzoho and Ajiboye in my team but Uzoho need to fight for his place in the main team and Ajiboye need to displace Ezenwa in CHAN to showcase what he can do and also his performance in CAF champions league will boosts his chances.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2017
Icon4s:

Was Enyeama first choice at that 2002 WC?

He was not because Ike Shorunmu was the obvious better and first choice goalie for that tournament but same cant be said of the goalies seemingly ahead of Francis who have been brought into the picture due to Akpeyi and Ezenwa's unconvincing performances!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
Questence:

If we play 3-5-2

Moses is going to partner upfront with Ighalo (or whoever strikes)

Because we would be rendering ourselves a disservice to use Moses as wing back. We would starve ourselves of Moses usefulness upfront and Ebuehi's defensive/attacking guile.

This is our best 3-5-2 formation IMO

------------Awaziem----Ekong----Balogun----------------

Ebuehi--------Onazi-------------Ndidi---------------Idowu

-----------------------Mikel---------------------------------

Moses
Ighalo

This is a terror squad.

Ebuehi is fast. HE recovers fast to help defensively and he overlaps very well in the attack. He even delivered a sweet cross to Iheanacho which the latter did not convert.

Moses will terrorize the opponent with speed and dribbles on the counter.

Bryan Idowu is a good set piece taker and he also knows how to score.

Iwobi/Simon/Onyekuru can come in for Moses later in the game when we have a comfortable lead or if we have to switch back to 4-3-3

Ighalo will perform better than Iheanacho as a target man. He will pose problem to his defenders. Him and Moses will be a deadly combo.

Overall this is a defensive formation. Even our strikers (Moses, Ighalo) can defend. Even teams like Germany would find us hard to break if we sit and defend like against Germany while we slaughter them on the counter if they are not careful.
the 3-5-2 we operated had no target man. We had three false 9's

In a 3-5-2 formation, Ighalo wouldn't be needed. It's just one player for the opposition to mark, that is all he would amount to
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Teekim: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
[Iwobi doesn't miss a goal for the Super Eagles and the combo between Iwobi and Nacho was a delight to watch. I must say we have quality players going forward but they should avoid being selfish ]

If we play 3-5-2

Moses is going to partner upfront with Ighalo (or whoever strikes)

Because we would be rendering ourselves a disservice to use Moses as wing back. We would starve ourselves of Moses usefulness upfront and Ebuehi's defensive/attacking guile.

This is our best 3-5-2 formation IMO

------------Awaziem----Ekong----Balogun----------------

Ebuehi--------Onazi-------------Ndidi---------------Idowu

-----------------------Mikel---------------------------------

Moses
Ighalo

This is a terror squad.

Ebuehi is fast. HE recovers fast to help defensively and he overlaps very well in the attack. He even delivered a sweet cross to Iheanacho which the latter did not convert.

Moses will terrorize the opponent with speed and dribbles on the counter.

Bryan Idowu is a good set piece taker and he also knows how to score.

Iwobi/Simon/Onyekuru can come in for Moses later in the game when we have a comfortable lead or if we have to switch back to 4-3-3

Ighalo will perform better than Iheanacho as a target man. He will pose problem to his defenders. Him and Moses will be a deadly combo.

Overall this is a defensive formation. Even our strikers (Moses, Ighalo) can defend. Even teams like Germany would find us hard to break if we sit and defend like against Germany while we slaughter them on the counter if they are not careful. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
Nna, I beg to disagree with you on this one. This is not a fact but perception.

O pari

Icon4s:

That is the fact.

Nigeria may be slightly different from the other sub Saharan African teams. As in our case we do a lot of ticki-tacka and the ball does the running for us and not the other way round.

Watch how typical Senegalese, Ivorian, Malian, Ghanaian and Cameroonian sides play. They do a lot of running and are also physical with it. Jam body football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
Enyeama should not be included in anyone reckoning until he finds a clubs in January. Rohr is not willing to take a clubless player to the World Cup.

O pari

Kog45:
Initially am always thinking of Enyeama but for now i don't take him into consideration cos he has retired from Eagles until he said am available again but for now i will have Uzoho and Ajiboye in my team but Uzoho need to fight for his place in the main team and Ajiboye need to displace Ezenwa in CHAN to showcase what he can do and also his performance in CAF champions league will boosts his chances.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2017
eazyjakes:
There is nothing wrong with Francis Uzoho being the first choice if he performs better than the other goalkeepers in camp. He was brought into the fray due to the unconvincing performance of the other guys. Enyeama was only 20 and was still in enyimba when he made his debut against England at Korea/Japan 2002. So much fuss about the club they play for......match fitness, player quality and good team preparedness are better criteria for a solid performance than the clubside u play for....ask the Korean team of 2002 and the Costa Rican team of 2014!

so because Enyeama did it at 20 then any random individual can? We are making a serious mistake here, this is Enyeama, VINCENT ENYEAMA you know that guy that told Oboabona that he would save the congolese spotkick and despite how well-placed the spotkick was he just plucked it out of the corner? Or have you forgotten the guy that saved 3 spotkicks in one match against Tunisia? Abi you have forgotten the guy that kept 17 clean sheets out of 38games for lowly Lille and conceded 1 goal 10 times, so in essence he only conceeded more than one goal in 11 games for a whole season! Even De Gea isn't close! Or thesame guy who kept out opposition attackers for close to 9,000 minutes of football? That last minute save from Dzeko's shot at the 2014 world cup would have been the save of the century if any European GK made that save. This guy, Enyeama is a legend, Enyimba? Legend. Israel? Legend. France? Legend! Africa? Pure unbiased legend!!! The simple truth is that if Enyeama's name was Joe Hart he would be the first choice for Barca, Madrid or Bayern. The only reason why people don't want him back is because of the captain armband, not everyone likes his smile and he isn't the most charming unlike the current captain

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:

Person wey never see a second of game time even in the Portuguese lowest(regional) division let alone first division is ahead of a player with 180minutes of game time in the laliga, a cleansheet in two matches in the laliga and about seven clean sheets in segunda B.

Lol Maduka Okoye is even ahead of Alampasu presently because he plays unlike Alampasu.

When Alampasu was playing in the Portuguese third division, did u know he never kept a clean sheet abi na once sef, got his team relegated and was warming the bench at the tail end of that season bkus of his awful form.

We all read the report from feirense when they couldn't land their target keeper, they had to retain Alampasu because, half bread they say... Unless he Dele proves himself (which I pray he does) before January, he will be offloaded come January. Feirense has only just two keepers ; their unworthy number one and the emergency/interim back up Alampasu. But funny enough, Alampasu seldom makes the bench oo.

Uzoho didn't keep two cleansheets in la liga. It was only one.

Alampasu is not a division 3 team player, he is the third choice goalkeeper in the Portuguese first division.

Cesarensa was not relegated last season and Alampasu never chop bench while he was there on 6 month loan. Stop lying. Abeg.

He displaced the keeper that helped them gained promotion to the third division. Negodo lie small small. grin

Who doesn't know HHS exploit gained him promotion to the first team of a team in the Portuguese first division.

Even Uzoho would prefer to be in the first team as 11 choice goalkeeper for a first division team than to be rubbing the floor in any third tier league.

Besides, you do not know that the owner of the club brought Alampasu and Etebor to the club. So, where did you get your tales from? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mickael2:

so because Enyeama did it at 20 then any random individual can? We are making a serious mistake here, this is Enyeama, VINCENT ENYEAMA you know that guy that told Oboabona that he would save the congolese spotkick and despite how well-placed the spotkick was he just plucked it out of the corner? Or have you forgotten the guy that saved 3 spotkicks in one match against Tunisia? Abi you have forgotten the guy that kept 17 clean sheets out of 38games for lowly Lille and conceded 1 goal 10 times, so in essence he only conceeded more than one goal in 11 games for a whole season! Even De Gea isn't close! Or thesame guy who kept out opposition attackers for close to 9,000 minutes of football? That last minute save from Dzeko's shot at the 2014 world cup would have been the save of the century if any European GK made that save. This guy, Enyeama is a legend, Enyimba? Legend. Israel? Legend. France? Legend! Africa? Pure unbiased legend!!! The simple truth is that if Enyeama's name was Joe Hart he would be the first choice for Barca, Madrid or Bayern. The only reason why people don't want him back is because of the captain armband, not everyone likes his smile and he isn't the most charming unlike the current captain

I like this your post, even thou its not entirely true, all greats come to the point when they lose their powers and become a shadow of themselves take casilias for instance. that's why people don't want him back.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mickael2:

He has had his time...let the young man retire in peace....this country is blessed with wonderful talents my brother.....The Christian Obodo you know used to be a solid central defender for invincible leopards (U-17) in warri before he was converted to a central midfielder......I have watched football long enough to see potentials from miles away.....Francis Uzoho is a good goalkeeper....let the young man start making his own footballing story... We will not win the world cup with enyeama in goal anyways!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
binhozie:

I like this your post, even thou its not entirely true, all greats come to the point when they lose their powers and become a shadow of themselves take casilias for instance. that's why people don't want him back.

that I cannot argue with. But what are the facts we have now? What was Enyeama's performance like last season before he got injured? Outstanding right? Casillas had already started dwindling in the 2014 UCL, that was not sudden, no GK suddenly goes bad, it takes time and from the facts, permutations and combinations we can run right now, Enyeama still has it and has not started dwindling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
eazyjakes:

He has had his time...let the young man retire in peace....this country is blessed with wonderful talents my brother.....The Christian Obodo you know used to be a solid central defender for invincible leopards (U-17) in warri before he was converted to a central midfielder......I have watched football long enough to see potentials from miles away.....Francis Uzoho is a good goalkeeper....let the young man start making his own footballing story... We will not win the world cup with enyeama in goal anyways!

I am not arguing Uzoho's potentials, the fact of the matter is that he is a good goalkeeper and not an outstanding one like Enyeama is(or was before he got injured). Good goalkeepers get better with time and experience, GK experience is not really on-the-field kinda experience, I mean you can only field one Gk at a time, it takes weeks of training to turn a good GK into an outstanding GK, all these late-bloomers were not first choice GK's before they got their shot and took it at an older age. Bottomline? Uzoho is good but nowhere near starter material for now, I'd rather make do with Ajiboye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
Icon79:
Nna, I beg to disagree with you on this one. This is not a fact but perception.

O pari

It is a fact bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Answer these two questions:

Which of the two players ply their trade in a higher and stronger league?

Which of the two players play more regularly for their clubsides.?

Alampasu plays in an higher league because Portuguese first division is higher than the Spanish third division. Very simple.

Both have not played regularly for their clubs.

Alampasu didn't come up against middle table teams he once came up against one of the best clubs in the world, that was against fc Porto and he came out with a cleansheet.

The difference is clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
Icon4s:

Thank you my brother.

OMG! Are those the keepers we want to use to face Croatia and Argentina?

I have finally joined the call for Enyeama.

#bringbackenyeama

Sometimes you give the young time to grow same way Enyeama was given his in 2002.
Who knew Enyeama before the England game? With much exposure they'd improve and with the defence shielding them you won't even notice them (a typical example is Uzoho). The defenders shielded him and there wasn't direct play to him.
Let's allow Enyeama retire in peace and besides he hasn't signified interest in coming back so I don't see any need flogging a dead horse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2017
nelszx:

Sometimes you give the young time to grow same way Enyeama was given his in 2002.
Who knew Enyeama before the England game? With much exposure they'd improve and with the defence shielding them you won't even notice them (a typical example is Uzoho). The defenders shielded him and there wasn't direct play to him

Enyeama was not first choice.

The England game was just a dead rubber for us. Nothing at stake.

We need a good and experienced goalie for the WC.

I am not totally discarding the young goalies. But they cannot be first choice.

If Enyeama will not be available let Ezenwa be first choice then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Alampasu plays in an higher league because Portuguese first division is higher than the Spanish third division. Very simple.

Alampasu didn't come up against middle table teams he once came up against one of the best clubs in the world, that was against fc Porto and he came out with a cleansheet.

The difference is clear.

How many years ago did Alampasu play Porto in the cup?

What was his performance in the portuguese division 3?

How come, he does not even start cup games these days?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
nelszx:

Who knew Enyeama before the England game? With much exposure they'd improve and with the defence shielding them you won't even notice them (a typical example is Uzoho). The defenders shielded him and there wasn't direct play to him

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kog45:
Yes for having two games in LA liga Uzoho is ahead of Alampasu but Maduka Okoye ahead of Alampasu?No o.

Did Uzoho come up against the best team in la liga? N.O NO

But Alampasu came up against the best in the Portuguese first division.

The difference is clear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
No matter aw logical we want to be or reason on d Gk issue....14year GK experience of VINCENT ENYEAMA is far better Dan d combination of untested trio of alampasu,uzoho and okoye...I wonder y keep arguing glaring issues

We all knw GK garners more exp as set grow old,a typical example is Buffon,van der ser and co

If ENYEAMA is willing to come out of his retirement, please d coaching crew shld jump at him.

We can't risk taking a GRADUATE TRAINEE GK grin grin to a competition full of experience Like d WORLD CUP

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

The difference is clear.
Alampasu does not play...he dey siddon for bench in a higher league grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
Mickael2:

what is Ifeanyi Matthew's style of play and what is Nwakali's style of play?

Please that is at the crux of the matter what is so unique about his exceptional football attributes that we could not find them in La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL but decided we would go to the back water of backward leagues to find this rare talent playing in League rated 30 in Europe.

I really would like to know because I am bewildered by the actions of the esteemed scouting team of the NFF and Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2017
Icon4s:

na so Rohr go field Akpeyi as first choice against Argentina

45 minutes was all he needed to know that he was the wrong 'experienced' guy grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2017
Famocious:
Ndidi Is Africa's Most Valuable U21 Player; Iwobi, Abraham & Iheanacho Listed In Top 100
Published: December 04, 2017

Ndidi Is Africa's Most Valuable U21 Player; Iwobi, Abraham & Iheanacho Listed In Top 100
Seven players eligible to represent the Nigerian national team have been named among the 100 most valuable U21 players in the world, in a survey conducted by the CIES Football Observatory.

According to the report published on Monday, December 4, Leicester City's Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the eleventh most valuable U21 footballer in the world, with his transfer value increasing from 48.7 million euros to 64.8 million euros, a 33 percent increase.

The Nigeria international midfielder is the highest ranked African on the list and is ahead of Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham (25th), Arsenal's Alex Iwobi (34th), Dominic Solanke (55th), Kelechi Iheanacho (56th), Ademola Lookman (71st) and Jordon Ibe (86th).

Iwobi's transfer value has reduced from €36.2 million to €31.5 million, while Iheanacho's value has reduced to €19.4m after spending less minutes on the pitch following his transfer to Leicester City.

PSG striker Kylian Mbappe (€182.8 million) is currently the most expensive U21 player in world football, followed by Tottenham's Dele Alli (€180.2 million) and Manchester City's Leroy Sane (€124.5 million).

Seven of the eleven players with the highest transfer values for U21 players represent English Premier League clubs, including Wilfred Ndidi.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source:http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25696#.WiVcvSZEK7A.twitter

Some people no sabi football for here.

When I told them Dominic Solanke is more valuable than Kelechi Iheanacho dem open mouth call me tribalist.

When I told them Lookman is more valuable than Onyekuru dem call me hater.

Now, what I told dem don manifest for light. So, what should dey be called? Racist. grin

Na dere you go fear naija. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:
No matter aw logical we want to be or reason on d Gk issue....14year GK experience of VINCENT ENYEAMA is far better Dan d combination of untested trio of alampasu,uzoho and okoye...I wonder y keep arguing glaring issues

We all knw GK garners more exp as set grow old,a typical example is Buffon,van der ser and co

If ENYEAMA is willing to come out of his retirement, please d coaching crew shld jump at him.

We can't risk taking a GRADUATE TRAINEE GK grin grin to a competition full of experience Like d WORLD CUP
Same way we took experienced Rufai to France 98

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
komekn:

Please that is at the crux of the matter what is so unique about his exceptional football attributes that we could not find them in La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL but decided we would go to the back water of backward leagues to find this rare talent playing in League rated 30 in Europe.

I really would like to know because I am bewildered by the actions of the esteemed scouting team of the NFF and Rohr.

thegoodJoe wants to defend that particular decision and I am more than willing to listen.

However on my own part I can't argue with the coach, wasn't it Ronaldo that some coaches refused to sign because he is too skinny? Things like that happen, no sane reason just personal sentiments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

I would rather take Ezenwa as first choice rather than Uzoho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, lovewins, Friday03 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.