Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11951917 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) ... (16369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2018
edi287:

Arteta will likely be more patient with him than say Allegri.

Either way the coach will be bound by results so I don't see that making a difference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:16am On Apr 22, 2018
Humility017:

4 goals scored in Chinese league can't be compared to same feet...in Spain or England...
you all acting as if it is something spectacular....
Oga, the 10/10 rating he earned clearly and rightly suggests that he was excellent and perfect.
Scoring 4 goals out of 4 shots in total is not a piece of cake, bro.

You said nothing spectacular in scoring 4 goals in China. But when Martins scored a hat trick in the same league una no let us hear word.
Carlos Tevez flopped in the same Chinese league. And Paulinho who is having a good season at barca arrived from China for your reminder.

This is not even Ighalo's first time of hitting four goals in a game . He did it in the match between Watford and Blackpool in the Championship. 7-2.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:24am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho played as a creative midfielder for a long time. There is no way from his academy days to the U17 he would play that role without the ability to dribble.
That's not true. Dribblers ate players like Moses, S. Kalu, Onyekuru, S. Moses. Nacho doesn't really know how to dribble. Just little ability at best

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:33am On Apr 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Oga, the 10/10 rating he earned clearly and rightly suggests that he was excellent and perfect.
Scoring four goals out of four shots in total is not a piece of cake, bro.

You said nothing spectacular in scoring 4 goals in China. But when Martins scored a hat trick in the same league una no let us hear word.

Carlos Tevez flopped in the same Chinese league. And Paulinho who is having a good season at barca arrived from China for your reminder.

This is not even Ighalo's first time of hitting four goals in a game

are you sure you not quotin the wrong person?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:37am On Apr 22, 2018
Humility017:

are you sure you not quotin the wrong person?
OK. He might be the wrong person but folks here made made a fuss about Martins' hat trick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:09am On Apr 22, 2018
Saw highlights of Hull vs Bristol City..

I was very disappointed with Ola Aina's defensive awareness... No surprise, he was subbed at half-time..

He has had some good games this season so maybe he just had an off day..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 2:15am On Apr 22, 2018
safarigirl:
I've had a lot of thinking time today and realised that I have erred a lot recently.

Without going into any unnecessary explanation, I would like to send an unreserved apology to andrew44 for my harsh words to him, I'm very sorry about the way everything escalated. Sorry for insulting your person, I allowed my ange get the best of me and I'm sorry.

I also want to apologise to sir komekn once again, for reading your intentions wrong. We don't always see eye to eye, so I may have read your posts with a biased eye. I sincerely apologise for that and j promise that it will never happen again.

I also want to apologise to this thread and its members for all the drama this week. I was responsible for derailing this thread and failing to respect the opinions of some members. So, I apologise to everyone.

As much as I can, I will refrain from getting into any confrontations on this thread henceforth.
Av followed this thread from d first day and av always respected ur deep knowledge n passion for football but always taken aback by how u addresssed som non football related n personal issues bt u sure deserve many accolades for this!....kip shining forward!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 5:08am On Apr 22, 2018
Joebie:
That's exactly what I'm trying to say.. our first 11 always come against familiar competition. Let them see fresh faces here and there, and they won't be too comfortable. They all have to show at game time that they deserve to start in the subsequent match. Any slack, there should be a player ready to take their spot. I think that would bring out the best in the team.

Modified
I'm not particularly a Rohr critic but I think many players in the team are too comfortable..

Spot On, You couldn't have said it any better!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:29am On Apr 22, 2018
Joebie:
That's exactly what I'm trying to say.. our first 11 always come against familiar competition. Let them see fresh faces here and there, and they won't be too comfortable. They all have to show at game time that they deserve to start in the subsequent match. Any slack, there should be a player ready to take their spot. I think that would bring out the best in the team.

Modified
I'm not particularly a Rohr critic but I think many players in the team are too comfortable..

Fresh faces.

If I ask you to name one now......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2018
Ighalo score 4 dem say make e leave some for World Cup.the day e nor score na so dem go curse am...Abeg which one una want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:49am On Apr 22, 2018
Humility017:

4 goals scored in Chinese league can't be compared to same feet...in Spain or England...
you all acting as if it is something spectacular....
Sir it's spectacular when a player scored four goals in a match even in street football.

I remember how we celebrate Iheanacho brace against Fleetwood cos no matter the opposition such performance is a morale booster.

Mind you this is not the first time is scoring four goals in a match cos he did it in English league against Blackpool.

Sir his performance yesterday was a great morale booster for Eagles and Rohr as a coach w be extremely happy for such feat.

Do you think it is easy for him to be earning £200k in a week cos you seem to forget that the same player had played in EPL and LA liga.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:04am On Apr 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Many of our top quality players in Europe did not come from the league.. They were directly picked from academies across Nigeria.

For instance, It took Awaziem less than a year of leaving Nigeria to make Porto's first team. It shows that the talent is in Nigeria but our NPFL clubs are not doing proper scouting... We do a lot of recycling players.

I look at most of the Nigerian stars coming up, very few played in the NPFL.

Well you are right but did you know that Awaziem spent good four years with El kanemi of Maiduguri team B and A before joined Porto in 2014.

And took him two years to break into Porto team A in 2016 due to injury to one of the defender and later moved back to team B before getting a good loan to Nantes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
That's not true. Dribblers ate players like Moses, S. Kalu, Onyekuru, S. Moses. Nacho doesn't really know how to dribble. Just little ability at best

How can you even say this? There are people who watched Mikel at Chelsea, who did not watch him during his junior years playing for Nigeria, who will believe has little to no ability to dribble or play with flair. That is the same way with Nacho. He plays with a direct pattern and relies more on intelligent passing to unlock defences. That does not mean he can not dribble.

Look at the skill Nacho pulled off in the game against Sporting Kansas City in the video below, from 2:22. A player with little dribbling ability can never pull that skill off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkCwL-O8kPQ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

I was very disappointed with Ola Aina's defensive awareness... No surprise, he was subbed at half-time..

That boy is a winger IMO, maybe a wingback role will suit him well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:02am On Apr 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

...may be he is not good enough?but he made team of the week number of time this season even MOTM(s)

I remember watching Idowu against Rostov and not impressed even Ebuehi,so sometimes watching these guys week in week out could be damn funny

Sir any updates on Echiejile at cercle brugge.

Modified... Just checked whoscored.

Echiejile Elderson situation is worrisome,two games since January,had his last game against westerloo three weeks back and sometimes not even in match day squad,not too good especially in Belgium division two.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

How can you even say this? There are people who watched Mikel at Chelsea, who did not watch him during his junior years playing for Nigeria, who will believe Mikel lacks little to know ability to dribble or play with flair. That is the same way with Nacho. He plays with a direct pattern and relies more on intelligent passing to unlock defences. That does not mean he can not dribble.

Look at the skill Nacho pulled off in the game against Sporting Kansas City in the video below, from 2:22. A player with little dribbling ability can never pull that skill off.

You have just vindicated my point, bro. If Nacho is actually a dribbler as you calim, why did you have to dig so deep to recall just one skill he displayed about 5 years ago?.. Is he not still playing? why not show us a game where he dribbled his markers at least three times.

Look at V. Moses for example, he was among the best dribblers in the last game against Burnley... I think second or so.
And this occurs almost regularly.

I'm surprisedthat someone is arguing on this obvious fact.

A dribbler is one that REGULARLY or USUALLY ( not seldom), confidently and enterprisingly confronts his marker with the daring and direct aim of getting past him with a piece of skill or trickery.

I don't know how you see Nacho in this category.

Messi, Mahrez, Hazard, V. Moses, Samuel Kalu, Simone Moses, Onyekuru. Robben, Neymar etc are examples

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
You have just vindicated my point, bro. If Nacho is actually a dribbler as you calim, why did you have to dig so deep to recall just one skill he displayed about 5 years ago?.. Is he not still playing? why not show us a game where he dribbled his markers at least three times.

Look at V. Moses for example, he was among the best dribblers in the last game against Burnley... I think second or so.

A dribbler is one that REGULARLY or USUALLY ( not seldom), confidently and enterprisingly confronts his marker with the daring and direct aim of getting past him with a piece of skill or trickery.

Messi, Mahrez, Hazard, V. Moses, Samuel Kalu, Simone Moses, Onyekuru. Robben, Neymar etc are examples

Your first line shows you do not even understand the point. I did not and never said Nacho is a dribbler. Nacho does not utilize dribbling to cause damage. I am pointing out that the notion he can not dribble is false.

The statement Iheanacho can not dribble is wrong. The statement that Iheanacho has limited dribbling ability is wrong. He has the ability and can pull them off. He does not rely on them.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 9:15am On Apr 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Iheanacho in the last match was one liecester highest dribblers with three successful dribbles that's about the most recent. Nacho is not just a good dribbler he is a very good one as a matter of fact, he dosent play on the wings like the guys you mentioned above he plays centrally. Even world beaters like Suarez who is an excellent dribbler has to limit his dribbling because his job is to get goals, same with Nacho.
Nacho U-17 was Very skillful and his style was similar to how mahrez plays.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I need one bro. How did you do it
It's timing Bro. You have to be able to time. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Your first line shows you do not even understand the point. I did not and never said Nacho is a dribbler. Nacho does not utilize dribbling to cause damage. I am pointing out that the notion he can not dribble is false.

The statement Iheanacho can not dribble is wrong. The statement that Iheanacho has limited dribbling ability is wrong. He has the ability and can pull them off. He does not rely on them.

Every footballer can dribble. Pique has pulled off some insane dribbles once or twice it isn't special. Iheanacho's dribbling ability is very limited, how is that an argument

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2018
Mickael2:

Every footballer can dribble. Pique has pulled off some insane dribbles once or twice it isn't special. Iheanacho's dribbling ability is very limited, how is that an argument

It is Limited to you because you do not watch Iheanacho relying on dribbles. Pique has good dribbling ability. Very wrong option for an analogy.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Mickael2:

For your enjoyment and for those who feel Iheanacho lacks dribbling ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQAj7q4GMU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

How can you even say this? There are people who watched Mikel at Chelsea, who did not watch him during his junior years playing for Nigeria, who will believe Mikel lacks little to know ability to dribble or play with flair. That is the same way with Nacho. He plays with a direct pattern and relies more on intelligent passing to unlock defences. That does not mean he can not dribble.

Nacho can dribble, no doubt but that doesn't mean he's a good dribbler.

How often can he pull that?

Nacho don't really like to 'play with ball'. If you watch him, his pattern is more of give me make give you or another person.

He's a good scorer and can give some excellent passes but as for dribbling? No, he is not!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Chrismario:

Nacho don't really like to 'play with ball'. If you watch him, his pattern is more of give me make give you or another person.

He's a good scorer and can give some excellent passes but as for dribbling? No, he is not!

You do not know how often he can pull that off because Nacho does not rely on pulling them often. That is why people can make careless statements like Nacho can not dribble.

The simple fact is that Nacho has these skills in his locker. He does not rely on them. The point is too simple.

Finito.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Apr 22, 2018
Chrismario:

At least the story has change from Nacho can not dribble to his is not a good dribbler. The fact is, he has the skills in his locker. It is not a big part of his game.

Finito.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:57am On Apr 22, 2018
Mujtahida:

I am ooo. Got an 7 months old daughter born on my birthday.

Congrats boss!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

At least the story has change from Nacho can not dribble to his is not a good dribbler. The fact is, he has the skills in his locker. It is not a big part of his game.

Finito.

I never said he can't dribble, even those that said so cannot be adjudged wrongly because I'm sure you know what they really meant.

Can you boldly name one outfield player that can't dribble?

A good scorer can only be a scorer when he scores always likewise a good keeper, this same principle applies to a good dribbler.

Since he doesn't pull it always, HE CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A DRIBBLER!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
Sir i don't know why all this fuss about Iheanacho,sometimes some berate him unnecessarily and some praise him excessively and to get balance view on him is always difficult here.

One thing is certain he is a baller whether he can dribble or not,is Ronaldo a dribbler?but Messi he is and the two are the best with 5 ballon d'or for the past 10 years.

I think Nacho cannot dribble should not be an issue but if someone says he cannot score then we talk

Iheanacho is a scorer not a dribbler.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

Well, that is what his stats say, I have not watched him.. Only seen clips.
tbaba pls dust the archives and let celebrate the BIG BOSS of Nigeria football John Obi Mikel who is 31 years old today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Loogan:

Iheanacho in the last match was one liecester highest dribblers with three successful dribbles that's about the most recent. Nacho is not just a good dribbler he is a very good one as a matter of fact, he dosent play on the wings like the guys you mentioned above he plays centrally. Even world beaters like Suarez who is an excellent dribbler has to limit his dribbling because his job is to get goals, same with Nacho.
[/b]Nacho U-17 was Very skillful and his style was similar to how mahrez plays[b].
If this was true, then no way he'd have been converted into a 9. Didn't watch him at his U17, but I don't believe this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
Kog45:
Sir i don't know why all this fuss about Iheanacho,sometimes some berate him unnecessarily and some praise him excessively and to get balance view on him is always difficult here.

One thing is certain he is a baller whether he can dribble or not,is Ronaldo a dribbler?but Messi he is and the two are the best with 5 ballon d'or for the past 10 years.

I think Nacho cannot dribble should not be an issue but if someone says he cannot score then we talk

Iheanacho is a scorer not a dribbler.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
Kog45:
Well you are right but did you know that Awaziem spent good four years with El kanemi of Maiduguri team B and A before joined Porto in 2014.

And took him two years to break into Porto team A in 2016 due to injury to one of the defender and later moved back to team B before getting a good loan to Nantes.

Awaziem joined Porto officially in 2015... In 2014, he could not play any official games as he was less than 18 years.

10 months after signing a pro contract, he was a regular in the first team albeit briefly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) ... (16369) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), waffiboi, minfelix(m), dankorode(m), Mujtahida and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.